PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Rogue and Hooded Outfits

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Another piece of concept art emerged featuring a hooded outfit for Shay:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/1002369_559552494145664_2739607326550002534_n.jpg? oh=36577720dbe0882c036f54db929eb54d&oe=54B8698A&__gda__=1422869236_0c5be8aa9b50e9bfce634c40003788a e

which makes, if I count correctly, 3 hooded outfits shown as concept art featuring a hood in Shay's outfit (the one above, the one from Rogue's cover and Shay's Assassin outfit). However, we have seen no gameplay with a hooded outfit nor have we had any confirmation that these (awesome) hooded oufits will be available in the game, apart from the vague statement that the game will start with Shay being an Assassin.

How confident are you that such outfits will end up being in the game? To what extent are these pieces of art just for marketing?

PS: One might argue that I should have included this thread as a post in the Assassin's Creed Rogue General Discussion Thread. If the mods feel like it, they can add it there. Of course, I am completely against this kind of treatment, since I have been using the official AC forums, as a means to inform myself on anything AC related for more than 3 years. However, having to browse apr. 400 pages of Rogue Discussion just to find the 2 posts that interest me totally kills the mission and the function of these forums.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-06-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm sure that his Assassin outfit will be available to use as an unlockable outfit. The hooded variant of his main outfit is a different story as we've seen gameplay of the outfit and it had no such hood.

I'm not planning on getting Rogue any time soon but I dig the hoods and the hoods are somewhat iconic for the franchise (hence why they most likely have one shown on the cover)

DSafrin
10-06-2014, 06:23 PM
PS: One might argue that I should have included this thread as a post in the Assassin's Creed Rogue General Discussion Thread. If the mods feel like it, they can add it there. Of course, I am completely against this kind of treatment, since I have been using the official AC forums, as a means to inform myself on anything AC related for more than 3 years. However, having to browse apr. 400 pages of Rogue Discussion just to find the 2 posts that interest me totally kills the mission and the function of these forums.

THIS. I totally agree with you on that - especially since Unity gets separate threads for a lot of new info, and Rogue has basically one massive thread... New info/pics/videos deserve their own thread.

GunnerGalactico
10-06-2014, 08:25 PM
It could possibly be the outfit he uses at he start of the game, before he crossed over to the Templar side.

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 10:20 PM
I'm pretty sure this outfit is the new one,since the original concept art was pretty bad.And also,why the heck would Ubisoft make the templar outfit with a hood in the cover art,when there isn't one in-game?

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 10:28 PM
And also,why the heck would Ubisoft make the templar outfit with a hood in the cover art,when there isn't one in-game?

I dunno. Why is Connor white with what looks like a shaved beard on AC3's cover and back cover art?

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 10:32 PM
I dunno. Why is Connor white with what looks like a shaved beard on AC3's cover and back cover art?

Because CGI ≠ In-game.And it's sad.I need the hooded templar outfit.I NEED IT.

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Because CGI ≠ In-game.And it's sad.I need the hooded templar outfit.I NEED IT.

I want it as well. It looks cool as hell. There is going to be a trailer for Rogue one of these days. I hope they introduce a hooded outfit.

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 10:58 PM
I believe the next and last trailer will be a launch trailer.So we will probably wait about a month.

AherasSTRG
10-06-2014, 11:04 PM
I believe the next and last trailer will be a launch trailer.So we will probably wait about a month.

I heard that there is going to be a trailer in that Russian Expo within the week, but my source is not 100% trustworthy.

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 11:42 PM
Why do so many people have their panties in a bunch over a stupid hood?

Shay is a templar.

Who cares if he has a hood.

Even if he doesn't have one, I'd hardly call the cover art 'false advertising'

The hood is there to let casual consumers easily recognize the AC franchise from the box art alone.

I mean, really.

MakimotoJin
10-07-2014, 04:21 AM
I know he's a templar,and I'm fine playing without a hood,but it's iconic to the series.His templar outfit looks awesome with the hood,that's all I'm saying.

JustPlainQuirky
10-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Yeah but people are seriously pissed off about it. One of the highest voted Rogue questions for Loomer was if he'd have a hood.

Like, seriously? That's where your priorities are?

#dontilooksillytalkingaboutprioritiesinavideogame

souNdwAve89
10-07-2014, 04:25 AM
Reminds me of when Revelations was announced, and people were upset that Ezio's outfit wasn't white :p

JustPlainQuirky
10-07-2014, 04:26 AM
I mean I was mad about Arno's barely visible beak and Edward's lack of beak once but I was half-joking. And it's a minor gripe.

But I've seen people claim they won't purchase the game without the hood. Why???

MakimotoJin
10-07-2014, 04:28 AM
Well,voting is weird.In my country,for example,many people complain about the president,yet more than half vote to her.Not everyone sees things the same way,or,thinks that hoods isn't a big deal.

souNdwAve89
10-07-2014, 08:12 AM
I mean I was mad about Arno's barely visible beak and Edward's lack of beak once but I was half-joking. And it's a minor gripe.

But I've seen people claim they won't purchase the game without the hood. Why???

I never cared much about the hood or beak. I think it's just that we have so many games now that the hood, hidden blade, etc are iconic and a must have to some people. I agree that it is extreme to say you will not buy a game just because the character doesn't have or wear a hood. It also reminds me of when AC3 was announced, some thought the hidden blade was gone since the tomahawk was the weapon highlight. It got to the point that people kept asking if the hidden blade is still in the game that Ubisoft had to have Connor using the hidden blades in the trailers.

deskp
10-07-2014, 08:23 AM
playable templars shouldn't have hoods in my opinion. Its about establishing some traits for each of the factions.

I'm a little annoyed elise has a red sash for example.

Shays main templar outfit should default to having a hood, but the assassin outfit should. I'm for letting the players chosue themselves though.

CockneyCharmer
10-07-2014, 09:09 AM
The gameplay demo I played at the recent EGX Expo in London had Shay without a hood. I dont see the issue really, he is a Templar, Shay is angry at the Assassin's and is hunting them and wants his face to be the last thing they see before he kilsl them.

The templar armour in Black Flag had no hood, its something that could be added through costumes created in Rogue perhaps just as they were in Black Flag. Not sure what the issue is to be honest.

MakimotoJin
10-07-2014, 06:26 PM
In my opinion,I don't see a outfit with no hood as a problem,but if they add one with a hood(legacy outfits,for example),it'll be a nice thing to do.

SlyTrooper
10-07-2014, 10:23 PM
There will be a hood for Shay. I'm not even doubting it. You can quote me on that, if you want.

Quietstream
12-06-2016, 01:08 AM
I got tue game when i looked at it and said, that looks like a sweet outfit for an Assassin! So i was so excited when i became a Templar, so i went into the restriced area... Quess what? NO hood i was a little upset. So please Ubisoft, add an update to Assassin's Creed Rogue and add hoods for The Templar outfit, Templar Master etc! i stick to this game even without the hoods but its hard! i feel like i was cheeted on...

ERICATHERINE
12-06-2016, 01:46 AM
I got tue game when i looked at it and said, that looks like a sweet outfit for an Assassin! So i was so excited when i became a Templar, so i went into the restriced area... Quess what? NO hood i was a little upset. So please Ubisoft, add an update to Assassin's Creed Rogue and add hoods for The Templar outfit, Templar Master etc! i stick to this game even without the hoods but its hard! i feel like i was cheeted on...

Well ac rogue being not only a bit too much old, but also on last gen, I think your biggest chance would be to wait until it get a remaster. My guess about a so told remaster would be it have half chances to be the next remaster and I hope it would come with ac 3 and liberation hd. As for the other half of the chances it could be an ac 1 remaster which maybe would come with a remaster of ac bloodlines.

So, like I said, don't expect it too soon. ^-^

Sorrosyss
12-06-2016, 01:55 PM
It was a shame, as his Templar outfits would have looked great with a hood. I'm quite partial to Black and Red as a colour combination too. Ah well. But yeah, they're not going to fix that now alas.