PDA

View Full Version : AC: Rogue 20 Minutes of Gameplay [EGX]

TheArcaneEagle
10-04-2014, 02:33 PM
EDIT: Sorry, I had no idea it wasn't new, but I gathered it was since there wasn't a thread on it. Just realized that there is a small mention of it in the Official Rogue thread. If I could get the title changed that would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuu1dyzgtmU#t=58

http://sciencefiction.com/2014/10/03/ubisoft-teases-us-20-minutes-assassins-creed-rogue-open-world-gameplay/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Sciencefictioncom+(ScienceFic tion.com)

king-hailz
10-04-2014, 02:36 PM
It's old...

TheArcaneEagle
10-04-2014, 02:39 PM
How old is it though? Newish?

Fatal-Feit
10-04-2014, 02:44 PM
It's about a week old, but it didn't have its own thread. For those who doesn't want to watch the video, here

Pros

- New Animus Corridor (I love it)
- 1 New Chase Breaker
- 1 New Kill Animation
- 1 New Ammo Supplement
- QTE before Assassin Interception + Assassin Interception in action at 14:00
- North Atlantic Locations are suited for Stealth, Open Missions, Exploration, and Parkouring.

Cons

- Enemy AI still lacks
- Combat is the same as AC:IV (there's no difference between a regular general/officer and an Assassin)
- Far too many Assassins in Assassin Interception, in my opinion (but there may have been tonnes of them in one settlement during this time)
- The people playing SUCKS

------------------------------

According to an article, they swapped the land gameplay from AC:IV's with AC:3's but there's like 0 noticeable difference. The areas' designs and AIs are AC:IV-ish, combat's the same as AC:IV, and navigation still seems to be AC:IV-ish. I guess we'll have to play it to understand(?)

TheArcaneEagle
10-04-2014, 02:48 PM
A few things.

- I was gonna say the girls playing it ruined the whole video for me.
- I thought it was new because there wasnt actually a thread on it.
- The gameplay is from the same demo but it they went to different locations (St Johns).
- The framerate on the video is obviously not representative of the game since it was from a livestream.

Sushiglutton
10-04-2014, 03:53 PM
I've decided to not comment on Rogue stuff, as I don't want to be a downer for those interested in the game. I will say though that there's one thing in the vid I do like and that's the move at 6:40. I like these small, contextual, quick parkour moves.

TheArcaneEagle
10-04-2014, 04:04 PM
If I could get the title changed to remove 'New' that would be great. Could mislead others who have already seen it.

Mr_Shade
10-04-2014, 04:07 PM
This was the live show demo shown to the crowd at EGX - and it's an old demo that others have seen before.,.

I have removed the 'New' from the title.

And just a reminder - please don't get personal about people in the video..

m4r-k7
10-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I've decided to not comment on Rogue stuff, as I don't want to be a downer for those interested in the game. I will say though that there's one thing in the vid I do like and that's the move at 6:40. I like these small, contextual, quick parkour moves.

This

Ureh
10-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Cool! The Interception mission seems fun.

JustPlainQuirky
10-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Yeah the commentators were def a distraction. Very unprofessional.

But it was nice seeing the pigeon and assassin mission thingies in action.

MakimotoJin
10-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Even though the guy failed,it was nice indeed.However I'm dying to see a actual story mission walkthrough,to see how deep the cutscenes and story is.

lothario-da-be
10-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Stopped watching halfway, how can anyone who played all the main games play this bad?

MakimotoJin
10-04-2014, 08:05 PM
I don't think those girls nor that guy played much Assassin's Creed.Makes sense to put them to demonstrate a AC game.

Hans684
10-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Never finished watching that(nor will), it hurts watching the demo.

lothario-da-be
10-04-2014, 08:47 PM
I don't think those girls nor that guy played much Assassin's Creed.Makes sense to put them to demonstrate a AC game.
Someone said they played all the games.And I saw an unboxing of the guilotine edition from them, they had lots of other ac stuff too. So they did play a lot of ac before.

HiddenKiller612
10-04-2014, 10:51 PM
I can never get past how distracting the people are... Just, meh.

SixKeys
10-04-2014, 11:53 PM
I don't think the people playing were THAT bad. I've certainly seen worse. Anyone remember the AC4 jungle demo where the players were so bad even Darby made fun of them on Twitter? (They filmed the thing in secret, so they kind of deserved it.) I think there may have been lag involved and I don't just mean in the video stream.

JustPlainQuirky
10-04-2014, 11:54 PM
even Darby made fun of them on Twitter?

Gettin thrashed by the man himself, ey?

Glad I wasn't around for that.

Also glad I wasnt around for this either

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m53keybTmG1r3369k.gif

EmbodyingSeven5
10-05-2014, 12:06 AM
well................... she sucks at this game