PDA

View Full Version : Which AC Unity Game Edition is the most worth getting?

Legionario-Cero
10-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Hey all.
I would like to have your opinion about this, since I'm in a dilemma.

Which game edition should I get? money is no problem, but I can only get one game edition.
so immediately I put my eyes on the guillotine edition, biggest edition out there with the most stuff in it, but when I second thought about it, I remember that ubisoft eventually sold the same figurines that came in the game editions, separately, like the edward kenway figurine on the ship, at first it was only available from the black chest edition, but then they sold it by itself.

and all of the in-game bonus content should not be taken in count because it will also be available in the psn shop at the end.

so taking all that in count, there is the guillotine edition, and on the other hand, I see special editions like this one: http://www.amazon.de/Assassins-Creed-Unity-Amazon-Playstation/dp/B00KO2Y8UW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1412418168&sr=8-5&keywords=assassins+creed+unity

with this amazing pocket watch that I really want, and not sure where else I could be getting it, but then there is the downside that it is just a copy of the game and a pocket watch and thats it.

Which edition should I get? ( after taking in count all of what I mentioned)
And what game edition would you get?

king-hailz
10-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Hmmm I guess the amazon one and the notre dame editions are the ones with things that might not be sold separate at a later date... I got the notre dame edition. I think you might be able to get the pocket watch later too...

The notre dame edition comes with a special box and has the arno on a gargoyle figuirine.

But it really depends on what u prefer... I guess the guillotine collectors case would still be the best one to get.

Dag_B
10-04-2014, 02:45 PM
What about the other items in the guillotine edition?
The tarot card, the music box and the canvas print are also exclusive to the guillotine edition. Do you want those items? I guess those might stay exclusive.

I got the pocket watch edition but I am not that interested in the items that are in the guillotine edition. I prefer the figurine that is sold separately, so probably I will get this one later and skip the guillotine figurine, even if it will be sold later. Music box and co... I do not want those items either.
But I really fell in love with the pocket watch. So this is my edition.
Did you see the materials? Some part of the watch are made from plastic (ABS). Just mentioning it, because amazon.de did not write that information down and you might want to consider the quality of the watch. (Although I have no idea how good or bad those materials are for watches, to be honest.)
Composition of the pocket watch
Case and winder: zinc alloy
Chain: ABS
Hand: copper
Window: copper and paper
Mechanism: copper and ABS
Corduroy fabric inside the lid

Legionario-Cero
10-04-2014, 02:56 PM
I think plastic in watches is never good..
I would also prefer getting the watch over the music, box, tarot card and canvas print, but the pocket watch edition does not come with the exclusive figure tho.
right now I don't see any of the arno figurines (not the guillotine one nor the norte dame one) in the uplay shop for sale

Reaper-59
10-04-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm getting the Bastille edition. That's the one that stood out for me. The Notre Dame edition looks over priced and that figurine of Arno doesn't look that great.

Dag_B
10-04-2014, 03:33 PM
right now I don't see any of the arno figurines (not the guillotine one nor the norte dame one) in the uplay shop for sale
I do also not see those, yet.
I was talking about this one:
http://www.assassinscreed.de/sites/www.assassinscreed.de/files/images/acunity/arno_figure.jpg
More than enough for me.

Mr_Shade
10-04-2014, 04:12 PM
'Which AC Unity Game Edition is the most worth getting?'

The one you think ;)

If you want the watch - that's a special Amazon exclusive they have put together, so you might not be able to get that else where..

Ureh
10-04-2014, 05:33 PM
I guess you could try your luck. Get the pocket watch edition, then hope for the Guillotine or Bastille statues to be sold separately at a later date. Chances are they will sell those statues as a standalone.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Ubiworkshop released a slightly higher quality pocket watch down the line. :p

My choice is the NA Collector's Edition. It doesn't have the tarot card deck but it contains my essentials (gargoyle statue, music box, ost, artbook).

Legionario-Cero
10-04-2014, 06:25 PM
I do also not see those, yet.
I was talking about this one:
http://www.assassinscreed.de/sites/www.assassinscreed.de/files/images/acunity/arno_figure.jpg
More than enough for me.

I saw that one, but I was talking about the game editions arno, this is a different one

'Which AC Unity Game Edition is the most worth getting?'

The one you think ;)

If you want the watch - that's a special Amazon exclusive they have put together, so you might not be able to get that else where..

well... it will probably be on ebay overpriced

JustPlainQuirky
10-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Where is the AC Revolution Edition w/ alternative box art?

I can't find it anywhere available for purchase...

m4r-k7
10-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Where is the AC Revolution Edition w/ alternative box art?

I can't find it anywhere available for purchase...

GAME in UK, they might ship to US?

JustPlainQuirky
10-04-2014, 06:36 PM
I know but I searched the GAME site and cant find a version with just the game

m4r-k7
10-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Here http://www.game.co.uk/en/assassins-creed-unity-revolution-edition-only-at-game-300974?catGroupId=

I don't think they have updated the cover yet. The revolution one with the executioner pack has the updated cover and thats also the revolution edition so I am sure the normal one will have the alternative cover.

JustPlainQuirky
10-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Terms and Conditions: Digital Item
UK ONLY.

:(

Sushiglutton
10-04-2014, 07:02 PM
If money is no problem you should get all of them and then give away the games you don't need to poor gamers while keeping the extras.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-04-2014, 08:05 PM
You want to know the best edition to get for the sake of gaming community?
The black friday edition.
Stop AAA publishers from doing this pre order bs and cheating gamers out of content.

Xstantin
10-04-2014, 08:30 PM
^Some people preorder for convenience though

Dag_B
10-04-2014, 10:50 PM
You want to know the best edition to get for the sake of gaming community?
The black friday edition.
Stop AAA publishers from doing this pre order bs and cheating gamers out of content.
There is no black friday outside USA, so that is not an option for me. ^^"