PDA

View Full Version : Potential things taken away in AC Unity

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
10-04-2014, 11:53 AM
So I'm sure the majority of us will agree that AC Unity will (most likely) be a terrific game, but there are some things I have noticed that do cause a minor, yet justified cause for concern.
Firstly, I'm worried if the ability to fight with our fists is still in the game. From what we've heard there is supposedly no weapon selection menu for your main hand weapon. When Arno gets close to a target, instead of having to "equip" his fists, you just press B (or circle) to knock them out, which I'm guessing means you can only knock people out with fists, instead of fighting them. Also, I'm not sure if you'll be able to fight with your hidden blade(s). Again when Arno gets close to a target his main weapon icon automatically switches from his main hand weapon to the hidden blade.

Just to clear things up I'm sure Unity will be one of the better if not best AC's to date, but these are just a couple minor doubts I have with the game.

m4r-k7
10-04-2014, 11:57 AM
The lack of a weapon selection wheel is weird. If thats the case we only get one primary melee weapon so that means there wont be secondary weapons to fight with such as the short blade, fists or hidden blade.

SixKeys
10-04-2014, 12:12 PM
To be fair, it doesn't really make sense to be fistfighting people wielding swords and guns. And I hope fighting with hidden blades is gone, that should never have been possible in the first place (except for counters, which are gone in ACU). I just hope the ability to knock people out will be possible and not based on luck/rotating kill animations. I want the option for completely non-violent runs to be there.

king-hailz
10-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Yes I think they have gotten rid of weapon selection. Now the hidden blades are purely for stealth same with your fists and you have one melee weapon for combat... and many tools to select from. I kinda like this in a way... However I do love fist combat and I love the hidden blade combat so much! You have to admit that some hidden blade kill animations have been ferocious!

Fatal-Feit
10-04-2014, 12:23 PM
A lot of the stripped features are to enhance the CO-OP. If you want to knock people out, you need a partner outside of combat to sneak up on them. Stuff like that.

Sushiglutton
10-04-2014, 12:24 PM
I think this is a great change! Fist/HB fighting makes little sense and have been (well fist fighting mainly) poorly implemented in the past. Will not miss either one. Overall I applaude when they shave away unnecessary features.

Let's hope notoriety stays away as well! I was replaying some brotherhood the other night and man that feature is annoying!

HypeR.tgL
10-04-2014, 01:16 PM
I'm happy fist fighting is gone, as well as throwing your enemies.

Feels more seamless to me for some reason without them.

TheArcaneEagle
10-04-2014, 02:10 PM
I agree that this is a good thing, it would have been useless now that counters are gone. It wouldn't make sense for an assassin to use his fists rather than a blade in the first place.

That being said I do hope there are unarmed assassinations and hopefully if you knock them out they shouldn't be sprawled on the floor as if they had been beaten up. What stops them from screaming 'Assassin' if they are on the floor clutching their bodies but not actually knocked out. They should be asleep like they should be. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Sushiglutton
10-04-2014, 03:56 PM
I agree that this is a good thing, it would have been useless now that counters are gone. It wouldn't make sense for an assassin to use his fists rather than a blade in the first place.

That being said I do hope there are unarmed assassinations and hopefully if you knock them out they shouldn't be sprawled on the floor as if they had been beaten up. What stops them from screaming 'Assassin' if they are on the floor clutching their bodies but not actually knocked out. They should be asleep like they should be. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Agree with this! Instead you should be able to tell who's dead or not with eagle vision, or the blood splatter :D