PDA

View Full Version : AC4: Abstergo Story error?

Alberto_Lucchesi
10-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Hi guys, I'm playing AC4 and I've read the document "Abstergo Entertainment Pass", that introduce the Abstergo. There are some dates that saying what is happen to the Abstergo in that years.
I've noticed an error: the document says that in 2011 Abstergo has launched the multiplayer experience, but it's false: the first AC starts in 2012, and in this year the Abstergo Entertainment doesn't exist... I'm right?

PS: sorry if there are errors :D

SixKeys
10-03-2014, 09:07 PM
That does indeed sound like an error. Nice catch.

lothario-da-be
10-03-2014, 09:12 PM
At first I was going to answer that brotherhood released in 2010 lol. Almost made the same mistake as Ubi.

Alberto_Lucchesi
10-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Maybe because the multiplayer for all the people (and not only the Abstergo employees) was launched with Revelations (2011)?
But is still an error..probably they have written the story of the Abstergo like they was in our reality and not on the game's reality.

Edit: I've read that in ACR we still use an Abstergo Employee (Otso Berg)...

Ureh
10-03-2014, 09:37 PM
According to the Employee Passport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY2hxAlUOU8
Abstergo Entertainment's first project was Project Legacy, which was released in 2010.

So the Entertainment branch was around before the events of AC1. Before the inception of AC4 multiplayer (2013), the only other mp component that was released to the public was AC3 multiplayer. It's possible that AC3 multiplayer was already open to the public before the events of AC3's modern day. Maybe in the AC world, AC3's multiplayer was launched in 2011. ACB/R were never released to the public, so who knows how long these were around, but we do know that they were still using them to train agents up to 2012.

Not sure if I made any sense. Maybe I'm missing something. :p

Alberto_Lucchesi
10-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Yes, that should be right.
We haven't learn much about the Abstergo until the release of AC4, so it should be.
Like we have seen in AC4, the Abstergo Entertainment doesn't have connections with the Templars..maybe they have created the multiplayer and Vidic have used this for train agents..

SixKeys
10-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Yes, that should be right.
We haven't learn much about the Abstergo until the release of AC4, so it should be.
Like we have seen in AC4, the Abstergo Entertainment doesn't have connections with the Templars..maybe they have created the multiplayer and Vidic have used this for train agents..

Abstergo Entertainment is run by Templars, but not every employee is a Templar.

And you have it backwards. Abstergo/Vidic first created a simulation to train Templar agents and later released it as an entertainment product for the public.

Alberto_Lucchesi
10-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Abstergo Entertainment is run by Templars, but not every employee is a Templar.

And you have it backwards. Abstergo/Vidic first created a simulation to train Templar agents and later released it as an entertainment product for the public.
So it's just an error..

And I've found another error: the document says that Abstergo Entertainment was created in 2009.
AC4 is placed in 2013, right?
Well, I've found an email in the game, from Evan Dean: the email says that AE has only existed from two years (so 2011)...

EDIT: I was thinking: who says that the multiplayer experience is the multiplayer that we know? It should be another multiplayer?