PDA

View Full Version : Ki-84

DJDalton
04-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Does anyone else have game modeling question regarding the Frank? I don't have an issue with it being nimble and fast. Almost all Japanese planes were nimble and this plane was the fastest Japan had. Although there are a large number of sources that indicate its true top speed was 392 mph. Theoretically, it was capable of faster with high pressure fuel injection. The problem was the Japanese could not iron out the bugs (fires) with the high pressure system and were forced to utilize the low pressure one with the reduced speed. But assuming its design speed is good modeling, what appears questionable is its climbing ability. In the game it will catch a 109G-10 that starts with greater energy in a grab. Does anyone else have an issue with that? Additionally, it can score cannon hits at .80 meters, which is 2,400 yards, if its aligned correctly. Without questioning the merits of Japanese cannon, does anyone else find that merits discussion? I'd like to ask what is the longest range anyone playing the game has scored hits with the Frank?

If the Frank is mismodeled, its within the power of those creating the rooms to limit its use. (At least I think it is) But assuming mismodeling, isn't a better solution to fix it in the next patch?

Anyone have an opinion?

"I never lost a wingman"

Erich Hartmann

DJDalton
04-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Does anyone else have game modeling question regarding the Frank? I don't have an issue with it being nimble and fast. Almost all Japanese planes were nimble and this plane was the fastest Japan had. Although there are a large number of sources that indicate its true top speed was 392 mph. Theoretically, it was capable of faster with high pressure fuel injection. The problem was the Japanese could not iron out the bugs (fires) with the high pressure system and were forced to utilize the low pressure one with the reduced speed. But assuming its design speed is good modeling, what appears questionable is its climbing ability. In the game it will catch a 109G-10 that starts with greater energy in a grab. Does anyone else have an issue with that? Additionally, it can score cannon hits at .80 meters, which is 2,400 yards, if its aligned correctly. Without questioning the merits of Japanese cannon, does anyone else find that merits discussion? I'd like to ask what is the longest range anyone playing the game has scored hits with the Frank?

If the Frank is mismodeled, its within the power of those creating the rooms to limit its use. (At least I think it is) But assuming mismodeling, isn't a better solution to fix it in the next patch?

Anyone have an opinion?

"I never lost a wingman"

Erich Hartmann

Giganoni
04-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Just go to the ready room, you'll find out nearly everyone enjoys talking about the Hayate.

LEXX_Luthor
04-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Over at General Discussion they are starting up a new 84 Thread, may be worth a look.

---> http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=487105843

chris455
04-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Doubt it.

http://members.cox.net/miataman1/P47.jpg

WUAF_Badsight
04-12-2004, 10:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJDalton:
In the game it will catch a 109G-10 that starts with greater energy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the Hayate was lighter .... with better wing loading & same power

wheres the problem ?

& i can score hits at .80 with the Mk103 .... your point is that Hayate is too good ?

why ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJDalton:

But assuming mismodeling
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

isnt that what your doing ...... assuming ?

wouldnt it be better to correct actual bugs instead of percieved ones ?

[This message was edited by WUAF_Badsight on Mon April 12 2004 at 10:05 PM.]

Jieitai_Tsunami
04-13-2004, 05:45 AM
There's nothing at all wrong with the KI84. It is one of the newest Japanese planes that I don't think was hardly used in the pacific that much. I wish the IL2 development team would not listen to people wining on these forum so with every patch aircraft fly faster and slower turn faster stall less heavy bombers that can do loops and aerobatics http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. Stall more and so on......

IL2 is a difficult and complicated game which makes it fun to an extent http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. People start flying aircraft like the P51 in online games and think other people can't touch them because there aircraft is so good. Then when they get shot down they think the other aircraft must be over modelled. lol

Just get as much info as posible make the aircraft and leave it so people can actualy lern to fly it!!

VW-IceFire
04-13-2004, 10:08 AM
The only thing that may be wrong with the Ki-84 is its a bit too good in handeling at higher speeds (i.e. at 550 kph or 600 kph). But so is the P-51 so its not a big deal there.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"