PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in the next ACU trailer?

topeira1980
09-30-2014, 07:45 AM
I am expecting 3 more trailers\videos for this game - one in mid october, another one in the beginning of november and another one just a few days before launch.
there is a chance of an additional trailer if they have something small and sweet to show us that we didnt expect.

what i'd like to see the most is one of the missions we were shown already (so the trailers don't spoil too much of new content) but played differently in as many ways as possible. take the E3 co-op demo - show me that mission in singleplayer in stealth and in co-op with full out action, sword swinging and co-op fighting. i want to see how that blackbox structure comes to life.

I would also like to see a short trailer depicting the new changes\additions in combat and stealth. especially combat since the previous videos and even articles mainly talked about the new stealth mode (the revolutionary crouch button, OMG!) and parkour up and down functions.

what do YOU think is befitting the next trailers? what video would YOU like to see next?

Namikaze_17
09-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Elise... :nonchalance:

And a Story Trailer... :rolleyes:

Farlander1991
09-30-2014, 07:52 AM
I would like to see a detailed view on combat.

I would like some more views on areas of Paris that are NOT near Notre-Dame.

I would also like a story trailer. Those are awesome.

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 07:54 AM

This.

Reaper-59
09-30-2014, 07:57 AM
I want to see more fighting with different weapons and fists.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 08:09 AM
I would like to see a detailed view on combat.

I would also like a story trailer. Those are awesome.

Disagree on the last two points (story trailers tend to be too spoilery for me, and the map will feel fresher at release if we've only seen the Notre Dame area) but I agree wholeheartedly with the first. Combat is the one thing I'm actually kind of worried about in Unity, considering they've shown us prolonged, in-depth looks at both the new parkour and stealth, but the combat gameplay really hasn't been shown at all. Sure, they've released flashy clips of Arno's combat kill animations, but cinematically-edited trailer shots don't tell you jack about gameplay.

Farlander1991
09-30-2014, 08:12 AM
story trailers tend to be too spoilery for me

Eh, not for me. Connor's and Edward's story trailers were especially awesome, and truth be told, neither of them showed anything that I would consider to be spoiling the plot. Just the general direction of it in a cool manner (and we already kinda know the general direction of Unity plot anyway)

and the map will feel fresher at release if we've only seen the Notre Dame area

I'm not asking to show the whole Paris. There are 7 regions, I just want to see one or two more because I'm tired of all the Notre-Dame stuff, there still will be the rest of the city to discover and view for the first time.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
09-30-2014, 09:41 AM
I want to see more combat.

I want to see the hidden blade in combat.
I want to see if the dagger/shortblade will return, because it's one of my favourite weapons in the series.
I want to see if fist-fighting is still a thing.

From what I've seen I'm not sure you can still fight with the hidden blade, only assassinate with it. I feel like some weapon variety has been lost. I know there are lots of swords, axes etc, I just want to see lots of different weapons, not lots of the same one.

king-hailz
09-30-2014, 09:42 AM
We will see a story trailer closer to release! We will also see a districts trailer I think that will showcase all the districts and the differences. And we will see a 101 trailer like there was for watch dogs and ac4!

RinoTheBouncer
09-30-2014, 10:48 AM
First Civ., P.O.E., Modern Day, Epic CGI scenes and story-related stuff. I know most of what I want won’t happen, but I’m just hoping.

Nihilog
09-30-2014, 11:08 AM
A story trailer, definitely.

Aphex_Tim
09-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Nothing, really. I actually think I'll be going dark soon. The customization trailer was already a little spoilery but there's still a lot of stuff that hasn't been shown yet that I'd rather find out myself when playing the game and it won't be like last year, when I had to wait three or four months before I got to play the new AC game. Release is just a little more than a month away now! :o

Reptilis91
09-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Elise... :nonchalance:

And a Story Trailer... :rolleyes:

But in the last trailer we can see her.

http://i.imgur.com/t4vac7g.jpg

Sushiglutton
09-30-2014, 03:11 PM
I too want to see a detailed combat walkthrough. I like the (visual) style they are going for with kicks, elbows and elegant moves. Not sure yet how it translates to gameplay.

Kakuzu745
09-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Combat, combat and more combat...and story.

Layytez
09-30-2014, 06:31 PM
More story dialogue/scenes.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Nothing, really. I actually think I'll be going dark soon. The customization trailer was already a little spoilery but there's still a lot of stuff that hasn't been shown yet that I'd rather find out myself when playing the game and it won't be like last year, when I had to wait three or four months before I got to play the new AC game. Release is just a little more than a month away now! :o

I dont want any more trailers either. Defo wont be watching the story trailer, just ruins the story for me. Even that customisation trailers cutscenes got to me haha. I literally dont know anything about AC Unity which is why i've been wrong on many occassion this game cycle about what is what. Havent read any dev blogs, no previews, articles, GI stuff etc. And Ive only watched each gameplay demo video once.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 07:51 PM
I'm re-watching a lot of story trailers from AC:IV. They are so different and misleading that I wonder what the forums must of thought of them pre-release. Well, unless everyone ignored them in fear of spoilers.

Hopefully, Unity's future story trailers will not be like that.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-30-2014, 08:04 PM
I would like to see just brief glimpses of what some of the other areas look like. Like a quick view of some of the buildings from District A, B, and C just to see the differences.

Also, combat.

Namikaze_17
09-30-2014, 09:25 PM
But in the last trailer we can see her.

http://i.imgur.com/t4vac7g.jpg

( Xigbar's Voice) AS IF! If anything, she just a side character fighting beside us with that Angle...

I want a Trailer featuring solely her.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 09:31 PM
Modern Day.

dxsxhxcx
09-30-2014, 09:43 PM
modern day and a detailed video about how combat was improved, but I know they won't release any of them...