PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Alive Reaction?

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 02:35 AM
Rogue alleged achievement list says

He's not dead, is he?
Complete Present 2

in regard to the Modern Day.

Now I'm not saying this is going to happen, but what if it's referring to Desmond?

How would you react to Desmond being back?

Thought this warrented its own thread because potential big news.

Personally I would regain some respect for Modern Day for having something major like that actually happen.

Layytez
09-30-2014, 02:40 AM
Still think it's a Sage as I said earlier since they can't technically die. Could be "John" again.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 02:41 AM
I don't know...pulling the sage thing twice...

though it would make the sage subplot actually relevant....to a degree.

SixKeys
09-30-2014, 02:42 AM
I'm 100% sure it's not referring to Desmond. Ubi have made it abundantly clear they have washed their hands off Desmond.

The phrase "He's not dead, is he?" sounds to me like the sort of question you'd ask after someone suffered a near-fatal accident. Not "OMG character X from 2 games ago is back".

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 02:43 AM
I'm 100% sure it's not referring to Desmond. Ubi have made it abundantly clear they have washed their hands off Desmond.

The phrase "He's not dead, is he?" sounds to me like the sort of question you'd ask after someone suffered a near-fatal accident. Not "OMG character X from 2 games ago is back".

I doubt it's desmond either.

just wanted to make conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:

naumaan
09-30-2014, 02:44 AM
where did you get this achievement list ?.. sorry i wasnt in touch recently

Layytez
09-30-2014, 02:46 AM
I don't know...pulling the sage thing twice...

though it would make the sage subplot actually relevant....to a degree.
Could also have some Juno ties.

naumaan
09-30-2014, 02:57 AM
got that topic .. never mind :3

well desmond was the real deal ... may be and a big may be .. his soul went on to another body after juno's appearance, may be she absorbed desmond's soul and desmond's soul is playing a major role in juno's not appearing in the world ..

PedroAntonio2
09-30-2014, 02:58 AM
Desmond alive in a physical way would be impossible...but if they revealed that his conscious is trapped inside the Grand Temple or inside an Animus, I would be satisfied. But I would me more happy if Clay came back.

UniteUnderPower
09-30-2014, 02:59 AM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130130192502/halofanon/images/4/4e/Yoona_surprised.gif

Layytez
09-30-2014, 03:03 AM
got that topic .. never mind :3

well desmond was the real deal ... may be and a big may be .. his soul went on to another body after juno's appearance, may be she absorbed desmond's soul and desmond's soul is playing a major role in juno's not appearing in the world ..
She is appearing but she needs more stuff before she can hijack someones body. These artifacts and samples may be have collected by Abstergo (as they have always been doing) with Juno finding them later with the help of another Instrument.

KG_NOx
09-30-2014, 03:04 AM
http://www.thefrontloader.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/359582.jpg

Layytez
09-30-2014, 03:06 AM
At least we know Unity hinted at Clays blood messages in that 2nd customisation video.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-30-2014, 03:08 AM
I blindly hope it is desmond...... but it probably isn't. is it confirmed to be tied to modern day? if not I imagine shay discovers a Templar he killed while he was an assassin. or he trys killing someone who comes back after he thinks they are dead.

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 03:09 AM
Would be interesting imo. Modern Day needs something big to happen anyway.

naumaan
09-30-2014, 03:09 AM
At least we know Unity hinted at Clays blood messages in that 2nd customisation video.

clay hinted at it many times like .. the truth which is revealed to us is not the whole truth .. may be he was mentioning juno's doublecross but how would he know . and if he knew why he didnt warn !!

that makes no logic

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-30-2014, 03:13 AM
I hope it is a unicorn but we all know that will never happen

EmbodyingSeven5
09-30-2014, 03:13 AM
clay hinted at it many times like .. the truth which is revealed to us is not the whole truth .. may be he was mentioning juno's doublecross but how would he know . and if he knew why he didnt warn !!

that makes no logic

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS17TMRCgY6MxFmZlGC4rsAmFdu-RjSgaupHMjJPCAglBccltVIPA

EmbodyingSeven5
09-30-2014, 03:14 AM
just bring desmond back ubisoft................................FOR ME

naumaan
09-30-2014, 03:15 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS17TMRCgY6MxFmZlGC4rsAmFdu-RjSgaupHMjJPCAglBccltVIPA

;)

Layytez
09-30-2014, 03:16 AM

that makes no logic
Not entirely sure you understood what I meant. In the 2nd customisation video for AC Unity you can see one of the symbols Clay wrote in blood behind Arno. So there is still...something related.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-30-2014, 03:22 AM
someone friend me on Xbox live- account is Dane2hip48

http://richardstep.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/97eaf7e3e8cd15f1c65a756c507a2b15_i-need-friends1.jpg

naumaan
09-30-2014, 04:22 AM
Not entirely sure you understood what I meant. In the 2nd customisation video for AC Unity you can see one of the symbols Clay wrote in blood behind Arno. So there is still...something related.

i tried searching for the messages left in clay's voice in his glyphs but i cant find anything on google .. seems like i have to open ac2 again

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 05:45 AM
Its not Desmond. We saw him getting dissected.

Namikaze_17
09-30-2014, 05:59 AM
Its not Desmond. We saw him getting dissected.

Well technically we didn't...they just took his blood.

Besides, that whole video seems so edited, who knows what truly happened?

Regarding this topic, it could be Desmond, he might even play a Sub. 16 role this time around. Or maybe it's Jupiter?

I don't know...I personally don't think we've seen the last of him ever since Revelations. Like Minerva, he must've figured what Juno was doing, and probably left an important message or something on how to defeat her like they once did.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-30-2014, 06:36 AM
If Desmond returned, in any way, maybe that would afford them the opportunity to end his story RIGHT.

Perhaps his "death" was only physical and his mind is trapped in some type of First Civ. disc similar to the memories of Altair (only instead of memories, it's his actual mind)

OR it could be more like 16. Rogue alludes to Desmond not being quite 100% dead in some way and in Unity we find strange symbols around the the simulated Paris and begin to piece together Subject 17's puzzles and clues. Subject 17 is trapped inside the Animus, intentionally leaving a copy of himself behind like 16 did. As we piece together clues, we could eventually meet with Desmond's Animus Avatar much like Desmond met with 16. Then he helps inform us of some major plan. Something Juno is planning or how she's going to do it or perhaps of some other threat unbeknownst. If it was a new, unknown threat, it may also reinvigorate that sense of mystery and wonder from the old games. If suddenly there was something ELSE..?

I remember having a similar feeling when playing the original Halo when suddenly BAM! The Flood appear -- it was a such a great curve ball and made it less about Humans vs. Covenant and more GTFOff Halo because HOLY DWNHDKADLSDLFGHASLFHJK! But then subsequent games lost that... the Flood weren't as unexpected, weren't as mysterious, the mystery of the Halos themselves were lost, etc. They weren't bad but they lost that mystique. Halo 4 attempted to recapture that sense of wonder and discovery by having you fight Prometheans and encounter a Forefunner but it still wasn't quite the same.

I HIIIIIGHLY doubt we;ll see Desmond return. I've been thinking of writing my own ending to AC3 to wrap up his story in a better manner but I just haven't had the time. I think I'm going to have to really research the story of the previous games and see what I can write out of those. I'm basically thinking of replacing the entire modern day of AC3 with my own version that will be part of my own canon. That way, if I dislike the MD of the newer games, I can just ignore them and pretend they don't exist. If I DO like them, I can always twea my story to make it fit in with the new MD stuff.

Ureh
09-30-2014, 06:36 AM
Maybe this fellow.
http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_107903.jpg

Mr.Black24
09-30-2014, 06:58 AM
I kind of hope that Desmond will be the next Clay, his being trapped in the Animus, but afterwards can move around the network like Juno does. He can give advice and warnings to the new guy or whoever it will be in AC:Rogue or Unity. It would be cool to see him battle her in the digital world or something. Kind of like a malware program and a virus going at it, Desmond being a sneaky Trojan/Malware thing for the Assassins and Juno, a huge adapting virus intending on controlling us all.

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 07:50 AM
^I kinda expected that as well after ACIII but then again Black Flag went in different direction with some phone monologues here and there.

RinoTheBouncer
09-30-2014, 11:20 AM
They could be referring to the Sage or even Clay, or perhaps a new character. But I hope itís Desmond, at least inside the Helix/Animus. PLEASE GOD, IíLL BE REALLY HAPPY!

ze_topazio
09-30-2014, 11:25 AM
http://lolkitten.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/funny-cat-lolcat-sofa-couch-stare.jpg

I've been saying since the end of AC3 that Desmond will one day return as a cyborg.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Well technically we didn't...they just took his blood.

Besides, that whole video seems so edited, who knows what truly happened?

Regarding this topic, it could be Desmond, he might even play a Sub. 16 role this time around. Or maybe it's Jupiter?

I don't know...I personally don't think we've seen the last of him ever since Revelations. Like Minerva, he must've figured what Juno was doing, and probably left an important message or something on how to defeat her like they once did.

Im like 90% certain you see them taking out his organs.

"We then commenced material extraction" at 14:40 you can see him scooping up organs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_he3fGWK0

Hans684
09-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Dead as in dead, not walking dead. He is gone, end of story.

Kakuzu745
09-30-2014, 03:59 PM
I really doubt it is Desmond...if it was I would completely lose all respect for MD. Bringing a dead character from 2 games ago? Is that the solution? Really?

Reaper-59
09-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Dead as in dead, not walking dead. He is gone, end of story.

This. The only way they can include him in a game again as playable is too have a flashback gameplay of him.

Mr_Stunner
09-30-2014, 04:06 PM
I think this is the part that connects with ACU Modern Day that someone from Ubisoft once said on an interview, that an happening on ACU would be explained on ACRo, plus the fact they said after first hour of the game there will be an huge plot twist in ACU... As much as I would love to be Desmond, I find it unlikely. Though I still think someone will show up alive on the present day during ACU that wasn't suppose to and that would be explained during that trophy memory on ACRo...

RinoTheBouncer
09-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Well Clay died before even we knew about Desmond yet we saw him 4 games later in Revelations. I hope we can see Desmond that way, that if it is indeed him.

Alphacos007
09-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Well Clay died before even we knew about Desmond yet we saw him 4 games later in Revelations. I hope we can see Desmond that way, that if it is indeed him.

This would be nice, even though I'm in for the Sage theory.

RinoTheBouncer
09-30-2014, 04:18 PM
This would be nice, even though I'm in for the Sage theory.

I think the sage one is the most likely, but I’m just hoping since Desmond is one of my favorite characters and I feel so sorry for the terrible way his story ended with.

Alphacos007
09-30-2014, 04:28 PM
I think the sage one is the most likely, but I’m just hoping since Desmond is one of my favorite characters and I feel so sorry for the terrible way his story ended with.

I agree with every single word.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Desmond died in an honorable way and we saw him getting experimented on. Theres no way he'd be alive now.

Maybe in spirit somewhere, but not technically alive.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 04:49 PM
hey humble ur using my sig again! :o

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-30-2014, 05:01 PM
hey humble ur using my sig again! :o

Yep yep, until KEV makes me a new one he promised me :p

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Oh, my bad, Humble :nonchalance: I'll make something soon

Shahkulu101
09-30-2014, 07:21 PM
It's probably just Shay after the Assassins badly hurt him. :rolleyes:...

But if Desmond was back, I'd be kind of pleased. I always did kind of like the guy, even though I give MD a great deal of stick and want it cut, I did like the story to a degree (Shaun and Rebecca were also cool). And to see Desmond die in such a fashion was a disappointing end to a character that was built up for so long and keep us waiting on our toes for five years. Sooooo...they bring him back, do something interesting with him yada yada - then yay!

He won't be back though. Nada - Desmond is dead. Deadmond is not alive. Never coming back - EVER.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Oh, my bad, Humble :nonchalance: I'll make something soon

No rush. Take your time :)

Namikaze_17
09-30-2014, 10:31 PM
Im like 90% certain you see them taking out his organs.

"We then commenced material extraction" at 14:40 you can see him scooping up organs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_he3fGWK0

But from that Angle, there's-Ugh just nevermind...

Besides, I just ment mentally alive like Clay or something...

SixKeys
09-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Maybe this fellow.
http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_107903.jpg

Anybody else think guy looked a little bit like UbiGabe? I wonder if it was intentional.

SixKeys
09-30-2014, 11:09 PM
BTW, every time the way they handled Desmond's death is discussed, I always think of Poochy from The Simpsons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wZzoeI1pKE

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 11:14 PM
I'd rather it be Clay. Desmond got his redemption/time in the sun. Clay's life sucked, and there was actually (*gasp*) a bit of foreshadowing to suggest that he could potentially come back in Revelations.

Although I don't know why I care, since they just brushed the old Subject 16 story under the rug :nonchalance:

SixKeys
09-30-2014, 11:44 PM
I'd rather it be Clay. Desmond got his redemption/time in the sun. Clay's life sucked, and there was actually (*gasp*) a bit of foreshadowing to suggest that he could potentially come back in Revelations.

Although I don't know why I care, since they just brushed the old Subject 16 story under the rug :nonchalance:

What foreshadowing?

LoyalACFan
10-01-2014, 12:09 AM
What foreshadowing?

He introduced the possibility that he could potentially inhabit a new body. Desmond shrugged it off and told him it wasn't going to happen, but the idea was planted. And later, we learned that it's actually possible within the AC canon for a digital consciousness to find a new body (Juno) so I wouldn't rule out Clay making a grand comeback.

pacmanate
10-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Clay could still make a return.

As I understand it, that harddrive Lucy stole at the beginning of AC2 had a copy of the abstergo data on it.. Thus, being a copy, Clay could still be floating around in the Abstergo network.

AdamPearce
10-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Stop believing, please, nothing is gonna happen, and especially not in AC Rogue.

LoyalACFan
10-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Stop believing, please, nothing is gonna happen, and especially not in AC Rogue.

On the contrary, I could easily see them pulling some deus ex machina "oh, he was alive the whole time!" crap, in Rogue especially, to make it more "relevant." The game is already selling itself pretty much exclusively on the basis of fan service anyway.