PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag was the last numbered title

ze_topazio
09-29-2014, 02:34 PM
According to Eurogamer Portugal, Arnaud Jamin, one of Unity producers, confirmed to the Japanese website Game Watch that Black Flag was the last title with a number.

Ubisoft wants to make the games easier to enter for players unfamiliar with the previous titles and give them adventures with a beginning and an end.

Eurogamer PT (http://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/2014-09-29-assassins-creed-vai-abandonar-a-numeracao-no-titulo-dos-jogos)

Game Watch (http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140924_667974.html)

Nothing major but it's more or less interesting info, no more numbers, cheesy subtitles from now on, and you probably shouldn't expect anything major for the modern day ever again.

Sushiglutton
09-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Makes sense to skipe the numbers, why are you upset about that? I couldn't care less how Ubi name their games.

(....)give them adventures with a beginning and an end..

They really said that? I don't speak the languages linked to.

Farlander1991
09-29-2014, 02:58 PM
The most interesting thing about Desmond's Saga modern day was the conflict between Assassins and Templars and the Satellite plot. This conflict was pushed back in favor of the solar flare plot, unfairly so I think.

If they end the Juno arc swiftly and in a way that makes narrative sense and then go on exploring Assassin vs. Templar conflict (even in a non-multiple-games-arc way), I'm all for more condensed stories.

ze_topazio
09-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Makes sense to skipe the numbers, why are you upset about that? I couldn't care less how Ubi name their games.

They really said that? I don't speak the languages linked to.

I'm not, but I do prefer the simplicity of numbers.

Apparently that's what he said.

Farlander1991
09-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Eh, if a series gets above number 7-9 or so (which is what's gonna happen with AC), the simplicity that numbers provide evaporates IMO.

JamesFaith007
09-29-2014, 03:31 PM
It is actually logical step from Ubisoft.

We have AC games with numbers, AC games with numbers and subtitles and AC games only with subtitles. Unless Ubisoft stop making games outside one main storyline like Rogue and Liberation and playable expansions like Brotherhood, this was only working solution, current state would only lead to bigger and bigger chaos.

MakimotoJin
09-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Well I hope they won't make sequels of sagas,like Call of Duty did,for example,in the Modern Warfare saga,where you must buy the first one to understand the second,and both 2 and 1 to understand the third one.