PDA

View Full Version : No idea where to post this, so here it goes.

zambezi71
09-28-2014, 07:32 PM
First of all, I love the immersive game play of AC: Black Flag, however when going against 5 warships to progress through the game missions or having to battle fortresses that can use morters while not being able to use my own either because I am too far away or there is just not an option to use them while I am still taking damage from their guns makes this game almost impossible for me to progress. I am growing tired of having to restart at least 10 times and still not finding a way to defeat the warships or fortresses. I look for ways to upgrade my ships armor but I am always short of either money and/or goods to upgrade and can not find exactly what goods I need to do so. IMO, this takes away the fun and fluidity of playing this otherwise great game. I hope in the future there are ways around these issues. I believe parts of this game are very simple but, on the other hand, the game can use an overkill tactic when faced with fighting a large amount of enemies alone. I mean, I had to get through a whole area covered with enemy soldiers and remain anonymous to reach a prison cell. I found a way, but come on. There were just way too many enemies. Please match the overall fun factor with the awesome story and detail of the AC games or at least add a difficulty option. While I still feel the game is worthy, I have never felt as much frustration over one game as I have with Black Flag.

Altair1789
09-30-2014, 09:06 PM
What worked for me was just going to the southern areas of the map and plundering a crapload of rum and sugar. Also assassin contracts pay pretty well. I don't expect this issue to stay in many games because I'm assuming Rogue is the last AC revolving around naval combat. Also pay off tavern owners for info on convoys, they usually have a ton of money on them and they're not too hard to take down

playlisting
09-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Not to sound arrogant or anything, but pretty much all the Assassin's Creed games are easy. When you have to be stealthy, remember: patience is key. I play quite a few stealth games - and the trick to it is picking your moment. Just trying to speed through the level will lead to you getting caught, therefore more frustration. If you're sitting in a bush, you have all the time in the world to pick when you move to the next one - as no one in the game walks through bushes (unless you're spotted). Not only that - you have the advantage of being able to access high ground. Use it! And make sure to blend with others as it makes you invisible to enemies if you're entering a public space. Corner cover is also useful as you can take out guards and leave them hidden behind the corner so no one else can see them.

Naval combat - also pretty easy. The legendary ships are pretty much all a pain however, you're not alone there. If you try and power through the story while your ship is more or less left unaltered - you will struggle near the end, and in the south of the map. Pick off little ships in the north (schooners & brigs) and gather all their cargo. Once you've got a good set of cannons and some good hull armour, sail to the south of the map to pick up some bigger prizes. Focus mainly on frigates and low level Man O' Wars (Men O' War - not sure). Then later on focus on high level Man/Men O' War(s) and you'll have you're Jackdaw prepared to fight off just about anything.

Upgrading the Jackdaw takes time - so be patient :)

jeffies04
09-30-2014, 11:21 PM
They're pretty clear in the game to take care of your ship and make sure it keeps getting upgraded. It will prove very crucial later on. It's easy to get overcome at sea, when all of the king's navy starts spotting the trouble and sails in to help. Don't be afraid to retreat. Even at full upgrades you can be overwhelmed, especially large frigates that will fire each deck of guns progressively which is devastating.

Fletch_2011
10-02-2014, 09:50 AM
The Legendary Ships are the only ones I have had a problem with, the MoW with the Ram and the 2 that despite their size are faster than you. I agree the best way at first is to pick on the schooners and brigs although I try and find all the ones that have metal on them before going for the others. Have not had any real trouble with the forts except for when I had a graphic setting wrong and they would glitch(?) when I got close.
One of my favorite things to try is to get in a shipping lane that is between the shore and a island that has a narrow passage. I block the passage with my ship and the enemy ships slow down to find a way around me and I swim over and board them and kill all the crew.