PDA

View Full Version : Notoriety

Reaper-59
09-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Has anything been said about the notoriety in Unity?

Locopells
09-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Not that I can remember, now that I come to think of it...

Reaper-59
09-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Ok, thanks.
I was just wondering if it's in and if so if it's like the crappy notoriety in ACIII.

VitoAuditore
09-28-2014, 06:47 PM
I agree, ac3's notoriety system was the worst. they shouldve learned from their mistakes tho

Alphacos007
09-28-2014, 06:58 PM
As Locopells said, I don't remember they saying anything either. But I don't think it'll be like the AC3 one, as that was already changed in AC4.

Reaper-59
09-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah but that was changed in ACIV for the sailing notoriety. I'm just concerned that they'll add it back in AC Unity as the ACIII notoriety due to being no sailing involved.

SixKeys
09-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Something tells me there won't be any notoriety. I can't see it working with all the customization options that make you more incognito etc. TBH I didn't miss it at all in AC4, I think it's fine just to have restricted areas and guards that crowd around your last known position.

Sushiglutton
09-28-2014, 08:08 PM
Something tells me there won't be any notoriety. I can't see it working with all the customization options that make you more incognito etc. TBH I didn't miss it at all in AC4, I think it's fine just to have restricted areas and guards that crowd around your last known position.

Agree fully with this ^^^.

LieutenantRex
09-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Agree fully with this ^^^.

You two always agree with each other.

You're like the new adventurewoman and silvermercy.

RinoTheBouncer
09-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Itís one of the things that I wish the remove completely from AC; Notoriety, Optional Objectives and Tailing

Fatal-Feit
09-28-2014, 08:57 PM
It’s one of the things that I wish the remove completely from AC; Notoriety, Optional Objectives and Tailing

I don't mind tailing as long as it's like AC:2's pacing and AIs, but a lot shorter and with more interesting dialogue like AC:IV's.

-----------------------------------------------

The notoriety system shouldn't return. It was useless in the Ezio Trilogy, became a nuisance in the Connor Saga (yes, AC:L included), and wasn't missed one bit in AC:IV. If anything, the removal enhanced AC:IV's free-roam.

Reaper-59
09-28-2014, 09:04 PM
It’s one of the things that I wish the remove completely from AC; Notoriety, Optional Objectives and Tailing

I just wish they would tone down the tailing missions. They went way OTT in ACIV. Notoriety doesn't bother me IF it's exactly like ACII. I enjoyed that style of notoriety. Optional objectives don't bother either as they are, well optional.

RinoTheBouncer
09-28-2014, 09:09 PM
I just wish they would tone down the tailing missions. They went way OTT in ACIV. Notoriety doesn't bother me IF it's exactly like ACII. I enjoyed that style of notoriety. Optional objectives don't bother either as they are, well optional.

Yeah, Tailing got even worse in ACIV. The optional objectives are optional, yes, but I just hope that completing them will be more like a 120% completion, not 100%. Like they remain a bonus and their reward is a bonus not a completion.

LoyalACFan
09-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Notoriety kind of sucks TBH, and it's really arbitrary. Especially in the Ezio games. "Oh, if I stab this guy while standing still I won't get notoriety, but if I stab him while running, ooh, they'll be coming out in force. I'll have to go remove a few of those posters plastered thirty feet above where any citizen would ever see them."

I actually thought AC3 had a better overall notoriety system, but the psychic AI in that game always pulled you into fights you didn't want to be in, and all of a sudden you'd find yourself in the middle of a pool of twenty dead bodies and a flashing 3-star wanted level. Annoying as hell. Didn't miss it in AC4, won't miss it in Unity.

GoldenBoy9999
09-29-2014, 04:29 AM
I've been replaying AC3 a little and the notoriety is SO annoying. I didn't miss it in AC4 and I hope it doesn't return.