PDA

View Full Version : Off Line Campaign Question

h009291
09-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi all,

Been going back to Offline Campaigning now for a while.

Trying the German Fighter Center Region Campaign mission (internal to FB Version 2.04).

Now I remember the last time (original IL2 if I remember) that you would have the last of the Knight's Cross awards waaaay before you ever completed the campaign.

On this one so far .. I have 64 air kills and about 200 Ground kills and still only the German Cross in Gold.

Anyone know what the point system is for getting the medals in this new game (I guess AEP)? Appears to have changed a great deal OR ... something is hooped in the campaign'er. I am getting promoted to Major already, but usually the medals come between promotions somewhat.

Any one know of the file where the indicator of award points is located?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.medals.org.uk/united-kingdom/images/uk654.jpg

h009291
09-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi all,

Been going back to Offline Campaigning now for a while.

Trying the German Fighter Center Region Campaign mission (internal to FB Version 2.04).

Now I remember the last time (original IL2 if I remember) that you would have the last of the Knight's Cross awards waaaay before you ever completed the campaign.

On this one so far .. I have 64 air kills and about 200 Ground kills and still only the German Cross in Gold.

Anyone know what the point system is for getting the medals in this new game (I guess AEP)? Appears to have changed a great deal OR ... something is hooped in the campaign'er. I am getting promoted to Major already, but usually the medals come between promotions somewhat.

Any one know of the file where the indicator of award points is located?

Thanks in advance.

Blottogg
09-18-2004, 12:30 AM
h009291, the criteria for awarding decorations was changed a couple of patches ago. From the FB v1.11 ReadMe:

3. Roster adjustements: fighter and bomber careers use different criteria for awards.
- Pilots are now younger.
- Promotions rate slowed down.
- Intitial number of sorties and kills increased. It is also year and nation specific, for instance
- Germans may start in 1941 with many aces, and Soviet squadrons are getting more and more experienced as war progresses.
- Criteria for some awards change historically during war - it requires many more kills for German fighter pilots to receive
- Knight's Cross in 1944 comparing to 1941.
- AI pilots fly missions even if they are not in your group, so number of sorties for you and AI is growing at the same rate. AI pilots can score and be killed in these missions, probability of that depends on their experience.
- Until you have the senior rank (Colonel), squadron CO will be always at least of your rank, no LtCol flying under Major's command anymore.

I don't know where the code for awards is located in the game however.

Blotto

"Speed is life." - Anon
"Sight is life. Speed is merely groovy." - "Junior"

h009291
09-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I figured it was something to that effect as during early war periods .. several pilots had already received the RK (w/ Oakleave / Swords) by barely reaching 100+ kills.

Later in the war (Erich Hartmann as an example) had to earn nearly 150 before he even got his RK ...

It would still be nice to know where the code is written and if this can be changed.