PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to convert "Mentor's Keeper" to 100% synch?

hasznaloubi2005
09-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Looking for experiences with AC Revelations ,memory ":mentor's keeper"
I have played and replayed this segments dozens of times because it is claimed to be only 50% synched.
As I run through each replay I keep checking the full synchro state to see where or if I have gotten something wrong.
Each time the full synchro logo remains, all the way to the point where Masyaf gives Ezio the final pep-talk.
Then the replay finishes and states that full synchro has failed.
I am sick and tired of re-doing the same episode (which is true of the entire AC series, which is one of the most frustrating and boring games in my long experience.
I am asking if any other forum member has had the same experience before I abandon the thing . Other episodes that were 50% synched were readily converted to 100% on replay, but this episode seems impossible to upgrade. I would appreciate any input regarding this issue from other player on PC..
Thanks,
hasznaloubi2005

AherasSTRG
09-28-2014, 09:55 AM
What do you mean "upgrade"? The mission won't upgrade itself to 100% synch, unless you meet the optinial conditions, which in this mission are: "Save all citizens". Have you completed this optional objective beforehand?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Yoxae9-Zk

YazX_
09-28-2014, 10:56 PM
yah i remember this one and its somehow shady, there are four black dots in the map (press tab) representing people need help, you wont get full sync unless you complete those,

hasznaloubi2005
09-29-2014, 02:55 AM
To: Aheradrim and YAZ_H

Thanks for the pointers about the “black dots.” I will certainly try the approach. As noted, the programmers didn’t think that such an essential point had to be unambiguously communicated to the player. I thought that slaughtering everything with a cross on its chest or a yellow triangle over its head was the idea, so I piled up the corpses and obviously missed some – perhaps all – of the four encounters which count. Also, in just about every other such mini-game, you get a warning that full synch has been lost and you can replay or abandon. There is no such warning here, and I wasted my time repeatedly until the bitter end to be told that I failed.
I did not get into this (or any other) game to play guessing games with a bunch of a$$%^*&s, but they obviously did. And this is but one example of many through the entire series of what I have previously called “vicious programming.” Disrespect, disdain, and a “#%@k you” attitude towards the consumer. I am happy to be challenged, but being sod$%^&ed is a bit much. Thanks again for your assistance. Having made the mistake of buying every available installment of this series based on a fairly reasonable experience with the first one, I am sure this is by no means the last time that I will get snookered. BTW, on a tech support call about one of the countless bugs that are also part of the vicious programming and porting, I was told that the next episode of this series will not be released for the PC. Or at least not right away, as all the rest were apparently also ports and I don’t use consoles. Thank goodness! I might have been had again. Never too old to learn.
Grazie, amici!

AherasSTRG
09-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Wait until you see The Giant And The Storm mission on AC3, haha. Althought, I don't entirey agree with your above post, I can feel you.

naumaan
09-29-2014, 08:47 AM
well mentor's keeper was an easy mission to complete with 100 percent sync .. the most difficult part in revelation was the sophia driving horse cart and ezio on parachute killing the soldiers .. i tried really hard to sync it 100 percent for about 3 days .. and when finally tired .. i left it as it was and went forward ..

Anykeyer
09-29-2014, 08:49 AM

Thanks for the pointers about the “black dots.” I will certainly try the approach. As noted, the programmers didn’t think that such an essential point had to be unambiguously communicated to the player.

Its not that hard to figure on your own. But it can be a bit confusing after ACB. In ACB all constraints are something you should not fail. In ACR its vice-versa (from engine's point of view at least), its something you should do. I wonder how will you react to AC3, which has up to 3 constraints (of all kinds) per mission. At least you can replay from checkpoints :p

Wait until you see The Giant And The Storm mission on AC3, haha. Althought, I don't entirey agree with your above post, I can feel you.

The giant and the storm is easy. I got it on my 1st try when I replayed AC3 last time. It does require skill, but not a lot of luck. Unlike my beloved tank mission from acb

naumaan
09-29-2014, 08:49 AM
ac3 had some very nasty sync missions, i got everything right to 100 percent but i was tired or what .. i lost track of the exclusive bombarding mission in the very last sequence .. and i had to deal with it because the first playthrough was the only way to sync it 100 percent ..

jeffies04
09-30-2014, 11:17 PM
Those little black dots can sometimes be found around Constantinople... I'm not sure if there was a little introduction mission to the black dots or not, but there's a few. You can earn money by moving boxes for a guy, save a woman, etc. It's a little subsystem I don't think got explained real well.

YazX_
09-30-2014, 11:41 PM

Thanks for the pointers about the “black dots.” I will certainly try the approach.

You are very welcome :)

on a tech support call about one of the countless bugs that are also part of the vicious programming and porting, I was told that the next episode of this series will not be released for the PC. Or at least not right away,

They meant AC:Rouge, there will be two AC games releasing this year, AC:Unity which will be available for PC and Next Gen consoles only, and another one called AC:Rouge which is exclusive for PS3/Xbox 360, there is no word about AC:Rouge availability on PC and Next Gen consoles, but everyone believes that Ubisoft will release it later on.

The giant and the storm is easy. I got it on my 1st try when I replayed AC3 last time. It does require skill, but not a lot of luck. Unlike my beloved tank mission from acb

Tank mission is very easy, you just go behind the desync barrier and shoot everyone as they cannot shoot back :D :D

Those little black dots can sometimes be found around Constantinople... I'm not sure if there was a little introduction mission to the black dots or not, but there's a few. You can earn money by moving boxes for a guy, save a woman, etc. It's a little subsystem I don't think got explained real well.

correct, there is no info about those black dots, you bump into them by chance or while exploring and figure out what it is by yourself, i think its meant to be like this since AC games are based on free roaming and exploration.

hasznaloubi2005
10-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Interesting points by all but one poster -- and I did in fact easily get get full synch as soon as I was aware of the black dot issue. I have seen black dots further on in the game, none of which seemed relevant to anything at the time, I will now see if I can follow the suggestion by Jeffies04. Also, I ran into a puzzling drunken character in several scenarios who just staggers around with a red square over his head. If killed, it seems to respawn, and no effect on gameplay so far. Again, perhaps a future item.
Arehadrim: I am sure I will have plenty of reason to be frustrated with future situations. I have come to expect deliberate frustration from these programmers. It is OK if you don't agree with my opinions, I am not claiming omniscience, merely describing my reactions.
YAZ_H: I agree with your suspicion that they will eventually port anything that sells. I don't have any statistics, but wonder if more customers are console users, so they start with them and see how popular the title gets before deciding to port. Your tank observation to puff-puff Anykeyer is spot on! Fascinating in a way that most of use have some missions that give us headaches while others breeze through those and have troubles with some that seem to fall in place for us. The heuristic nature of the AI may have something to do with this.
n]aumaan: Tech support told me that certain episodes cannot be replayed through DNA and you are stuck with what you got unless you hit replay before they finished. But another tech claimed that after you "beat the game" and suffer through the credits that seem to have the entire population of Bulgaria listed, you will be able to go back and complete things. I guess I will find out when I have "beaten" it. BTW, I was able to wait out the credits in Brotherhood and do just that. However, it was never clear to me if I had done all there was to do, I seemed to run out of objectives and got tired of running around slaughtering guards. So the "end" was perhaps not the end, I just decided I had had enough.
Psychoanalytic observation:
I don't know about the rest of you but I often wonder about posters like Anykeyer for whom everything is "easy" and whose arrogance and know-it-all attitude "because I am so much more clever and skilled than thou" is best ignored. I wonder if these nose-in-the-air posters even play the games but they certainly like to insult and allege superiority over others and make claims to enlarge their egos like psychological pufferfish. A good one to skip reading. I recommend psychotherapy for their ego-bloat instead of "smiling like the clown" which he/she does not seem to see the irony of being an inadvertent self-description. The avatar is no accident either, I expect. Clearly an unrecognized lapsus linguae common in such personalities.
For all the rest, I expect we post to get courteous help and appreciate it when it is given.Good gaming to all, and I for one appreciate the input, And I expect to ask for help in the future, which will no doubt attract the good guys as well as the occasional pufferfish.

YazX_
10-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Interesting points by all but one poster -- and I did in fact easily get get full synch as soon as I was aware of the black dot issue. I have seen black dots further on in the game, none of which seemed relevant to anything at the time, I will now see if I can follow the suggestion by Jeffies04. Also, I ran into a puzzling drunken character in several scenarios who just staggers around with a red square over his head. If killed, it seems to respawn, and no effect on gameplay so far. Again, perhaps a future item.
Arehadrim: I am sure I will have plenty of reason to be frustrated with future situations. I have come to expect deliberate frustration from these programmers. It is OK if you don't agree with my opinions, I am not claiming omniscience, merely describing my reactions.
YAZ_H: I agree with your suspicion that they will eventually port anything that sells. I don't have any statistics, but wonder if more customers are console users, so they start with them and see how popular the title gets before deciding to port. Your tank observation to puff-puff Anykeyer is spot on! Fascinating in a way that most of use have some missions that give us headaches while others breeze through those and have troubles with some that seem to fall in place for us. The heuristic nature of the AI may have something to do with this.
n]aumaan: Tech support told me that certain episodes cannot be replayed through DNA and you are stuck with what you got unless you hit replay before they finished. But another tech claimed that after you "beat the game" and suffer through the credits that seem to have the entire population of Bulgaria listed, you will be able to go back and complete things. I guess I will find out when I have "beaten" it. BTW, I was able to wait out the credits in Brotherhood and do just that. However, it was never clear to me if I had done all there was to do, I seemed to run out of objectives and got tired of running around slaughtering guards. So the "end" was perhaps not the end, I just decided I had had enough.
Psychoanalytic observation:
I don't know about the rest of you but I often wonder about posters like Anykeyer for whom everything is "easy" and whose arrogance and know-it-all attitude "because I am so much more clever and skilled than thou" is best ignored. I wonder if these nose-in-the-air posters even play the games but they certainly like to insult and allege superiority over others and make claims to enlarge their egos like psychological pufferfish. A good one to skip reading. I recommend psychotherapy for their ego-bloat instead of "smiling like the clown" which he/she does not seem to see the irony of being an inadvertent self-description. The avatar is no accident either, I expect. Clearly an unrecognized lapsus linguae common in such personalities.
For all the rest, I expect we post to get courteous help and appreciate it when it is given.Good gaming to all, and I for one appreciate the input, And I expect to ask for help in the future, which will no doubt attract the good guys as well as the occasional pufferfish.

You are very welcome and please don't hesitate to post or ask for help as this is why the forums are for.

Anykeyer
10-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Tank mission is very easy, you just go behind the desync barrier and shoot everyone as they cannot shoot back http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Thanks, I didnt know this. I used kind of a cheat approach with backing saves. :rolleyes:

lbig wall of text
Now you're funny. Yes. I do play games. I have 80h of ACR SP (during multiple playthroughs) and 860h of ACR MP (not counting any sessions I've left). 130h of AC3 SP and so on. Sorry if this doesnt fit in your model. My avatar is no accident ofc, FF7 is my favorite game from my childhood.
And yes, I did fail that AC3 storm mission's 100% a lot of times when I played the game for the first time. My remark was about it not being so random and frustrating if you know what to do.
You cant ignore me, in fact 1/3 of your post is about me, hypocrite. Bye.