PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 2 was supposed to be in Japan?

RA503
09-28-2014, 04:54 AM
Hi, people I want the help of yours because of something that I found:

I become curious of what the people especulate back in AC 1 time(Because I not was a fan of the series back in this time), and researching I found this interesting page:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/175552/blog/assassins-creed-ending-explained/

''Q. What is Yonaguni?
A. Yonaguni is the westernmost island in Japan, and a likely setting for the next game (or at least part of it). It is widely believed that an ancient and advanced civilisation once lived on Yonaguni, and that they suffered a similar fate to Atlantis' people. Buildings found submerged around Yonaguni predate any other known buildings in the world, so expect any Japanese ancestor tales to take place before Assassin's Creed 1.''

this is posted even before the game's release, and I curious, this is the opinion of the site/magazine or someone of ubsoft says that ? this site is reliable ?

SixKeys
09-28-2014, 05:24 AM
AC1's ending had a crapton of references to all kinds of different countries. They hinted at China, South America, Japan and possibly some other places (can't remember) and people were sure the game would end up taking place in one of these. Then AC2 ended up being in Renaissance Italy, which nobody expected. So Japan may have been just one option among many, I don't think they had a solid plan at that point (they first wanted to see if AC1 would do well).

Ichrukia56
09-28-2014, 05:46 AM
now this is and interesting part of the interview:
Q. Emporer Ji... Jing...?
A. "Within Emperor Jiajing'[s] sin and Quetzcoaltz's hunger lies the Answers." Emporer Jiajing was the Emperor of China from 1521 to 1567, and the 11th emperor of the Ming dynasty. He was not a kind emperor, and an internal plot to assassinate him was planned although ultimately failed (note: a possible 'level' in a future Assassin's Creed). He built the Temple of the Sun (notice a theme about the Sun in the paintings around the two rooms) and collected rare materials from around the world. One of these rare materials is almost certainly an artefact.

RA503
09-28-2014, 05:54 AM
its very curious imagine a scenario when minerva's reveal happening inside a piramid in yonagumi instead in the vatican vault.

or amaterasu instead of minerva, the japan goddess of sun...

LoyalACFan
09-28-2014, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I'm convinced that the modern day stuff was never as deep and prophetic as we once thought; they were just tossing out random cryptic bits of nonsense hoping a few of them would stick and get the fanbase intrigued. It was inevitable that the whole thing would come crashing down at some point.

RA503
09-28-2014, 09:56 AM
''Q. Why only the one power?
A. Be patient! Assassin's Creed is the first part of a trilogy. By the end of the third game Desmond will have a lot more moves to play with...'':(

roostersrule2
09-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Didn't a Ubi rep say AC2 was going to be in the French Revolution prior to it's announcement?

Ichrukia56
09-28-2014, 12:23 PM
i think this was posted on the AC: initiates last week i believe

Q. What is 22:13?
A. Revelations 22:13. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." There are also a few alphas and omegas scrawled on the giant mural.

Megas_Doux
09-28-2014, 05:14 PM
The rumours about AC II being in feudal Japan were kinda the thing in early 2009! What a susprise when this surfaced, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7JYCmjhHw4