PDA

View Full Version : How are YOU going to customize your Arno?

topeira1980
09-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Now that we've seen what kinda of customization we can do to arno in ACU comes the question of how would we like to customize our avatar in terms of character and clothes.
it seems like we can improve arno's strength in combat\health(armor), stealth and free running.
how do you plan on improving arno? in specializing in one department? a balance of two and leave the third one weaker? evenly on all three? and WHY?

personally i think im going to improve the stealth and free-running the most and armor\resistance last, especially because i have only mediocre patience for full stealth and i love combat and challenge. this way [i hope] i can make stealth more of a breeze and make combat challenging. if there are ACTIVE combat skills that allow me to learn more MOVES (and i kinda doubt there is enough depth to combat that we'll have more deep moves to do) than im going to go for these first, but i am not that interested in having a heavily armored arno. i prefer him fragile so combat feels tense and risky.
in a game like dishonored i loved the combat and i refrained from upgrading my armor and health and i also played on HARD. this meant i died in that game in about 3 hits and i loved it that way. in ACU i assume there wont be any difficulty settings (sadly) so i will have to limit myself somehow so the game is harder... even though limiting myself in any other AC game didnt make the game harder "thanks" to the regenerating health that meant i can survive a lot of combat even with barely any health by just blocking and waiting for that tiny health to regen.

so what are you going to do in UNITY in your [premature] opinion and why?

RinoTheBouncer
09-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Honestly, I’ll choose the best looking outfits and equip the most powerful weapons that can go with the outfit. I’m having a crush on the suit Arno’s wearing and I hope I can wear it for a prolonged period. It makes a great disguise.

JustPlainQuirky
09-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Whatever makes him as closely naked as possible.

And if I can't, i'll just give him that coffee waiter outfit or Shay/Connor legacy outfit.

As for stats, I'm gonna max out everything. Probably starting off with parkour cuz I like to move around a lot. Then health. Then strength then stealth.

Depends on what I feel is neccessary, really.

Sushiglutton
09-27-2014, 09:57 PM
I have to admit I'm kind of a sucker for that bright green they have been using in some footage combined with a short spear, so that's what's going to happen at some point I feel :). Probably playing through the campaign with a "standard" Arno. Have to see really what I'm able to unlock.

Aphex_Tim
09-27-2014, 09:57 PM
It kinda depends on the stats but I'm gonna try to use as few robes as possible. That looked hella slick in the Heist demo!

And yes, if we can make Arno run around in his underwear, I'm gonna do an entire playthrough with just that!

Xstantin
09-28-2014, 12:04 AM
I like his default look. Might go for some black-red-white scheme if there is one. Stealth for skills first.

marvelfannumber
09-28-2014, 12:27 AM
Well then I believe it's totally MAKEOVER TIME, amirite sister?

Ok so his outfit first of all is gonna be hot pink so as to strike fear into the hearts of his enemies. His robe length (if you can customize it) is gonna be the longest possibile so as to make him even more romantic in the wind I tell ya'. His hood is also not gonna have a beak at all, so one can get a good look at his face, and to piss off all the purists complaining about da beaks. Now if only you could customize his hair I would totally be here all day gents.

As for skills I am gonna focus the most on navigation so I can make him soar like an eagle!

......I am so, so sorry............tho seriously i'm prolly gonna make him look like that.

Or just use the Fearless Assassin outfit all the time........I win

Alphacos007
09-28-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm really into the stealth sutff, I like to play stealthy in any games I can, so I'm pretty sure I'll go totally in for the Stealth tree. Parkour right after it.
For the outfit, I'll be honest, I'll put the one I think looks best, even if it breaks some of my stealth.

LoyalACFan
09-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Honestly I might keep the standard robe, it looks SO good. I'll probably end up dyeing it all sorts of colors though, especially green and black. As for weapons, I'll have to check it out and see what each one is like, but I'm either going with a saber, spear, or rifle. Probably one of the latter two, as I'm a bit tired of always having a sword as the default weapon. If knives are in the game, I'll have one. Stats... eh, I'll max them all out eventually but I'll probably go parkour>stealth>strength>health.

PedroAntonio2
09-28-2014, 12:36 AM
Probably all red or all black outfit. Or maybe all red with some yellow details...I remember using something like that in ACB.

Or maybe all white with red details to match previous protagonists

topeira1980
09-28-2014, 07:45 AM
arg. that was supposed to be a discussion about gameplay mechanics and approach, not fashion statements.... but oh well. i blame myself.

at least some give reasons for stats and their meaning rather than robes style and their appeal in cosplay shows :P

but if everyone was so keen on sharing their taste for dressing up than i intend to go with clothes that will look good and not nessessarily play to my liking. not too armored but more agile and slick but not fancy. i prefer rugged, brown stuff. as i said - i prefer to be vulnerable for challenge sake and look the part.

LoyalACFan
09-28-2014, 07:50 AM
arg. that was supposed to be a discussion about gameplay mechanics and approach, not fashion statements.... but oh well. i blame myself.

at least some give reasons for stats and their meaning rather than robes style and their appeal in cosplay shows :P

but if everyone was so keen on sharing their taste for dressing up than i intend to go with clothes that will look good and not nessessarily play to my liking. not too armored but more agile and slick but not fancy. i prefer rugged, brown stuff. as i said - i prefer to be vulnerable for challenge sake and look the part.

Well, to be frank, we have a very poor understanding of how the stats are actually balanced, so it's difficult to predict how exactly we're going to use our gear for gameplay rather than aesthetics. For example, if the combat is still stupidly easy, you're probably going to forgo items that boost your strength and health, but it it's really insanely difficult all of a sudden you're probably going to want to beef up your confrontational stats so you don't get killed every time you're detected.

topeira1980
09-28-2014, 08:32 AM
i have a feeling its all passive stuff, like stealth build will make the radius around arno that within it he will start to get recognized smaller, or the time it takes to recognize him longer. probably stuff like that.
parkour skills might allow for faster animation when free running and such, or the ability to lose less health when falling or maybe a longer jump....

i do hope that the upgrades will be more active like a new mechanic that you can do, but for some reason i doubt it.

LoyalACFan
09-28-2014, 09:16 AM
i have a feeling its all passive stuff, like stealth build will make the radius around arno that within it he will start to get recognized smaller, or the time it takes to recognize him longer. probably stuff like that.
parkour skills might allow for faster animation when free running and such, or the ability to lose less health when falling or maybe a longer jump....

i do hope that the upgrades will be more active like a new mechanic that you can do, but for some reason i doubt it.

Yeah, I think it's all passive, but what I mean is that we don't know how well the game has been balanced. If combat is super easy even without upgrades, then anything that gives your resilience or strength a boost is pretty much pointless. Or, if the AI is really stupid and they hardly ever detect you, then a hood that decreases your detection radius is pretty pointless as well.

AherasSTRG
09-28-2014, 09:57 AM
First World Gaming Problems: I want to have Arno hold and use a gun, but I also want him to be stealthy. :(

topeira1980
09-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I think it's all passive, but what I mean is that we don't know how well the game has been balanced. If combat is super easy even without upgrades, then anything that gives your resilience or strength a boost is pretty much pointless. Or, if the AI is really stupid and they hardly ever detect you, then a hood that decreases your detection radius is pretty pointless as well.

yeah. i completely understand. in previous AC there WAS better gear and upgrades, but the game was so easy that there was never any use to any of it. without bombs, medicine, better weapons or armor i finished every AC game. this time around amancio is keep talking about the path of least resistance and how players always follow it and if combat is so easy than ppl will always fall back on combat and every mission will end up as a fight etc etc, and thats probably why there were missions that were rigid on their fail conditions - because they wanted to force ppl to play stealthy or not engage in combat and limiting them was the only way they could do that with the previous systems.
no amancio is always saying the game is harder... first - i dont believe him :P since they've been saying this for a long time now and it was always a complete lie, but second - from the vids we've seen it DOES seem like there is a chance that combat is hard enough to make stealth and free running important. if , as a player, i really dont want to get caught in a fight than it will be important for me to stay hidden and agile... so every bit of help will be taken....
... but i have a feeling that UBI might do a few things right like combat is harder on the surface or that stealth requires finess but then, in the end, they will undermine all their right steps forward with steps backward like health that regenerates so fast that combat is never really hard, or that losing the AI is so easy that getting caught is never frightening...

this is why im not pre-ordering. as amazing as this game looks i still dont trust UBI with AC. i trust them with splinter cell. i trust them with Far cry. i even trust them with Watch dogs. i really dont trust them with AC.

Reaper-59
09-28-2014, 01:08 PM
An all black outfit without armour and with a sword and gun at my disposal.
I wish they had Adewale's machete and sheath from Freedom Cry because I love that weapon.

Kakuzu745
09-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Black and Red with a big *** axe!

Hans684
09-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Main playthrough, stealth.

Replays, anything and everything.

pacmanate
09-28-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm really liking the default stuff, hard for me to say what Im going to choose as I dont know much of anything.

I will be sticking to cloth everything, no armor for me. I love stealth so will be using lower hoods.

I will probably use the spear a lot too, I'm really looking forward to finally being able to use as it as primary weapon.

TheArcaneEagle
09-28-2014, 04:05 PM
I want to primarily play as the default Arno with very long robes and little weapons as possible. It makes sense since I want a stealthy approach to the game, but the default robes look very simplistic (which is a good thing). Maybe on my second playthrough or when I progress enough into the game then I'll customize him a little bit.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-29-2014, 12:01 AM
For aesthetics -- whatever outfit I'll be rocking, it'll be the white/red dye. I'm leaning towards using the default outfit in order to not have too many things impacting the gameplay; I want the stealth and combat to both be fairly challenging. As a fan of stealth, I want it to be challenging, not super easy due to some hood. And as a fan of stealth, I like the idea of combat being less forgiving so that it focuses more on running away from the enemies and vanishing.

So default outfit colored white/red sounds like a good one. Alternatively, if I find cool outfit pieces that don't affect the gameplay too much, I'll go ahead and use that. For instance, I'd prefer to have longer robes than the default so if that's available, I'll be using them. Also, default robes (both the original E3 and later versions have a somewhat 'flat' bottom to it but we've seen robes that have more pointed coat tails which I may decide to use instead since Altair, Ezio, and all the previous Assassins had it too.

As for weapons, meh, whatever. I don't want combat to be super easy though. I'm super stoked for the customization. Yeah, I'm sure there are some LAME outfits and whatnot but for the most part, I'm pretty sure there's going to be plenty of really cool pieces.

Edit: I hope there'd a way to get rid of upgrades and stuff.

KG_NOx
09-29-2014, 12:34 AM
this^

HoIcon
09-29-2014, 04:34 AM
For my Arno i'll probably focus on stealth and navigation, so a sword and relatively light armour, will probably focus more on how the outfit looks than what bonuses it gives and dye it white with red till i've made Arno into a master assassin at which point i'll switch to black and red

My Unite team members have planned out their characters a bit too, one is going to be a tank, heavy armour and a battleaxe, the other a marksman, medium armour, a rifle and pistols, 3rd guy dropped out so i gotta find another member but basically it was going to be that the tank would create a commotion outside the target location and draw the guards to him, then he with the marksman's help from the rooftops would take on the guards while i would sneak into the target location and take care of whatever needed doing, the 3rd guy would've been my backup

GoldenBoy9999
09-29-2014, 05:38 AM
I'm picking whatever gold outfits they have. I'm making Arno a stealth and parkour guy so I'll use light clothes. For a weapon I'm thinking about going with a spear or sword at first.

naumaan
09-29-2014, 05:47 AM
i lll try my best to make him look like altair ... the white robes always had a good charm in it

GoldenBoy9999
09-29-2014, 01:34 PM
^ You could wear Altair's robes, a French version of his robes, or I guess you could just wear a white outfit that looks similar.

topeira1980
09-29-2014, 02:05 PM
For aesthetics -- whatever outfit I'll be rocking, it'll be the white/red dye. I'm leaning towards using the default outfit in order to not have too many things impacting the gameplay; I want the stealth and combat to both be fairly challenging. As a fan of stealth, I want it to be challenging, not super easy due to some hood. And as a fan of stealth, I like the idea of combat being less forgiving so that it focuses more on running away from the enemies and vanishing.

So default outfit colored white/red sounds like a good one. Alternatively, if I find cool outfit pieces that don't affect the gameplay too much, I'll go ahead and use that. For instance, I'd prefer to have longer robes than the default so if that's available, I'll be using them. Also, default robes (both the original E3 and later versions have a somewhat 'flat' bottom to it but we've seen robes that have more pointed coat tails which I may decide to use instead since Altair, Ezio, and all the previous Assassins had it too.

As for weapons, meh, whatever. I don't want combat to be super easy though. I'm super stoked for the customization. Yeah, I'm sure there are some LAME outfits and whatnot but for the most part, I'm pretty sure there's going to be plenty of really cool pieces.

Edit: I hope there'd a way to get rid of upgrades and stuff.

i see we are thinking in the same lines of thought. i will chose outfits that dont make the game too easy, but im afraid that the really great looking stuff WILL make the game a cake walk but after playing for 20 hours with the same outfit i WOULD want to change things up a bit and that will cost me the fun factor.
i think the way the make outfits in ubisoft is making, say, 30 outfits and then asking ppl - what looks like the most armored? ok, we'll make that outfit have the best armor. what looks like it's stealthy? these 6 outfits all look stealthy? ok than. which of the 6 looks the ugliest and less appealing? that will be the first you unlock. which of the 6 looks the best and coolest? that will be the latest one with the most perks.

if im right than in theory the coolest outfits (i know it's pretty subjective, but still...) will always grant the best perks, which goes WITH logic and against challenge.

i had an idea when i heard about customizing outfits - why not make an outfit that you unlock only if u r really good at the game or it costs a lot and that outfit actually makes you more fragile (so it's like turning on a HARD difficulty settings) but make that outfit look really unique and cool and recognizable so if you are playing co-op than other players can tell by that outfit that you are a hardcore player that likes a challenge.
this way you do get an outfit that makes you look cool, you also get a challenge because of that outfit, and other players can recognize you are handicapping yourself because you like a challenge and not because you are a beginner and it might earn a little respect being seen in such an outfit.

SleezeRocker
09-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Haven't seen too much videos for Unity (or rogue; trying to stay more surprised) but Im definitely going to go Red n Black ;)
Also based off the OP I guess we can choose skills to go for? If so I will definitely invest in stealth-agility because running around is fun :D

Adrenalin997
09-29-2014, 07:02 PM
I will be focusing my Arno's skills on combat because I want to be able to be engaged in combat often and stand a good chance. I like the approach of taking out the guards in front of the building where my target is and doing so through combat. I want to upgrade my eagle vision too because I want to be able to keep targets in my sights from far away. I will likely be using the Razorhead spear and the multi-barrel pistol as my weapons. I will focus my skill points on health too and will use clothing that helps maintain strength and health for combat. Later on though I want to get all the skills and go for clothes that I think looks really cool; that will likely be after I finish the story though and are rich. For colors I am not sure yet what I will use, but I think a grey and red or a blue and yellow.