PDA

View Full Version : What a great game I had on Saturday!

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 11:28 PM
Had a fantastic game on Saturday night on a server run by Smirnoff.

Really good map and a great crowd of guys.

There were loads of ground objects both at the bases and on the rest of the map which gave a good feeling of immersion. Nothing better than taking off from a base stuffed full of planes, tanks etc.

There was a mix of dogfighting and bombing which was a pleasant change, and I even managed to drop a few well aimed surprises on the enemy base before being brought down for being cheeky :-)

Had a bit of a slip up when I came in behind an IL2 which was trying to take out one of our tanks. Thought everything was going well, lined up on the target and let rip with everything I had. Completely missed the plane and hit the tank instead! What a fool. Saved them from doing it suppose.

I did manage to help out one of our Pilots, think it was Peebles who was being harried a bit, a quick burst from about 400 metres was enough to get them off his tail and allowed him to get away. that felt good.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, apologies to everyone for my terrible flying skills (sorry BadWulf) and thanks to all involved.

Great Game.

/Mad

Cpt-Madcowz
Comsa (http://www.comsa.co.uk)

"When the hunter comes, the tiger runs with the deer."

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 11:28 PM
Had a fantastic game on Saturday night on a server run by Smirnoff.

Really good map and a great crowd of guys.

There were loads of ground objects both at the bases and on the rest of the map which gave a good feeling of immersion. Nothing better than taking off from a base stuffed full of planes, tanks etc.

There was a mix of dogfighting and bombing which was a pleasant change, and I even managed to drop a few well aimed surprises on the enemy base before being brought down for being cheeky :-)

Had a bit of a slip up when I came in behind an IL2 which was trying to take out one of our tanks. Thought everything was going well, lined up on the target and let rip with everything I had. Completely missed the plane and hit the tank instead! What a fool. Saved them from doing it suppose.

I did manage to help out one of our Pilots, think it was Peebles who was being harried a bit, a quick burst from about 400 metres was enough to get them off his tail and allowed him to get away. that felt good.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, apologies to everyone for my terrible flying skills (sorry BadWulf) and thanks to all involved.

Great Game.

/Mad

Cpt-Madcowz
Comsa (http://www.comsa.co.uk)

"When the hunter comes, the tiger runs with the deer."

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 11:31 PM
I will have to look for that server. I am a bomber at heart, and it is nice to see a server with a mix of bombers and fighters, especially where the fighters are actually paying any attention and protecting thier bombers.

Hans-57

The United States Air Force....
When you absolutely, positively, have to have it blown up over night.