PDA

View Full Version : Is there any new info about day\night cycle in Unity?

topeira1980
09-27-2014, 08:36 AM
i read some vague info about this subject that there is no day\night and weather cycles in unity.
I read there is no day\night cycle for some unimportant [to me] reasons but it makes no sense. what DOES make sense is that during missions the TOD is locked and so is the weather but in free roam and between missions the TOD and weather are not locked. but that's just my assumptions without any true info to base them on.

so what do you guys know? is there day\night cycle in UNITY?
are there different weather types in the game? (foggy, haze, rain, clear etc) will weather change dynamically?...

king-hailz
09-27-2014, 02:43 PM
I think it will be like infamous second son... when throughout the game the time is locked and then it changes for missions... I have no idea how it will be in free roam...

topeira1980
09-27-2014, 09:51 PM
thanks for the input king-hailz....

so really no one knows how is day\night cycle gonna be? i read a lot of ppl complaining there isnt day\night cycle since that is what amancio SAID yet no one knows what he MEANT?

Locopells
09-28-2014, 12:00 AM
Fixed as far as I know, but changes for missions. Same for weather, I believe.

SixKeys
09-28-2014, 05:52 AM
Fixed as far as I know, but changes for missions. Same for weather, I believe.

Weather should be dynamic, according to a particular piece of footage that we may or may not be allowed to discuss.

pacmanate
09-28-2014, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure they said it was fixed times of day. I remember someone made a discussion thread for it saying its crap then everyone remembered Infamous Second Son having great ToD

roostersrule2
09-28-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't think they had bikes back then, certainly not 24hr races.

Shahkulu101
09-28-2014, 12:50 PM
I don't think they had bikes back then, certainly not 24hr races.

All that effort and no Tour De France reference?

Son, I am disappoint.

roostersrule2
09-28-2014, 12:54 PM
All that effort and no Tour De France reference?

Son, I am disappoint.Was saving that for the Chemical Revolution DLC.

Shahkulu101
09-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Lance Arnostrong

joelsantos24
09-28-2014, 06:25 PM
For all intents and purposes, it seems to be fixed, I mean, it doesn't change and/or evolve as fast as in previous AC games. But missions will be played in both day and night-time though, praise be to God. :cool:

Reaper-59
09-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Day and night being fixed doesn't bother me but the weather being fixed bugs me. It's good when you are wondering around the city and all of a sudden there is a downpour.

Alphacos007
09-28-2014, 06:56 PM
Day and night being fixed doesn't bother me but the weather being fixed bugs me. It's good when you are wondering around the city and all of a sudden there is a downpour.

Yeah, I really like when it rains in the games, I wish we could have a weather cycle at least.

RinoTheBouncer
09-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Well there was a demo showing a heist mission, which I assume is a side-quest, not a main mission and when it was finished and they went outside, it was night and we’ve seen free roaming in daytime, so I’m assuming there will be a day/night cycle, somehow.

topeira1980
09-28-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty sure they said it was fixed times of day. I remember someone made a discussion thread for it saying its crap then everyone remembered Infamous Second Son having great ToD

fixed, huh? that would really suck IMO as well.
never played infamous but the thing is that it makes little sense that a franchise that had dynamic TOD for more than 6 games would suddenly go back to fixed TOD :-o
besides Batman:Arkham games (and apparently infamous) i cant think of a game with fixed TOD. it makes no sense.

so if the TOD is fixed than if a mission ends at night time than im stuck at night time until i start the text mission that dictates my next TOD? how time of day changes, how night turns to sun rise and how noon turns to sun set, how cool it is to play during the day only to suddenly notice that it's night time and you've been adventuring all day without noticing and the city changes slowly... those are the great things that make an open world game feel unique and more immersive than linear games....
i like how it is in WD - time changes even as you retry missions (mainly side missions) so you might try a mission during the day but if you fail enough times you get to try it during the night, where darkness is your friend.

fixed TOD....it's such a strange decision by UBI....

so strange, in fact, that i wonder what quote from alex made ppl think that TOD is fixed in free roam as well and not just in missions (which makes more sense)....

pacmanate
09-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Fixed ToD is better, they can focus on the times of day better.

joelsantos24
09-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I really like when it rains in the games, I wish we could have a weather cycle at least.
Oh... Weather will also be fixed? I didn't know about that. Does it mean we're not getting missions in the rain, for instance? Or it's just not going to be dynamic?

Alphacos007
09-28-2014, 11:10 PM
Oh... Weather will also be fixed also? I didn't know about that. Does it mean we're not getting missions in the rain, for instance? Or it's just not going to be dynamic?

Nothing has been officially stated yet about the weather, but considering the day-time will, and no other game in the series had dynamic weather, I believe Unity won't have it also.
That doesn't mean we can't have missions in the rain though, they will change the time of the day for missions, I'm pretty sure they can do that for weather, like AC4.

SixKeys
09-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Nothing has been officially stated yet about the weather, but considering the day-time will, and no other game in the series had dynamic weather, I believe Unity won't have it also.
That doesn't mean we can't have missions in the rain though, they will change the time of the day for missions, I'm pretty sure they can do that for weather, like AC4.

What are you talking about? AC3 and AC4 both had dynamic weather.

And there is footage out there that makes it seem like Unity's weather will be dynamic too.

Alphacos007
09-28-2014, 11:46 PM
What are you talking about? AC3 and AC4 both had dynamic weather.

And there is footage out there that makes it seem like Unity's weather will be dynamic too.

Okay, they did have dynamic weather, but it was just sun or rain. I meant something a little bit more complex, should have explained better, sorry.
And honesly, I believe I never saw rain while free roaming, except from the sea storms in AC4.

RinoTheBouncer
09-29-2014, 12:38 AM
Okay, they did have dynamic weather, but it was just sun or rain. I meant something a little bit more complex, should have explained better, sorry.
And honesly, I believe I never saw rain while free roaming, except from the sea storms in AC4.

I hope we get to have heavy wind and storms. It would be really interesting to see a storm coming through the city and the trees all heavily bent toward’s the window’s direction. I hope they make it so realistic as well.

Alphacos007
09-29-2014, 01:01 AM
I hope we get to have heavy wind and storms. It would be really interesting to see a storm coming through the city and the trees all heavily bent toward’s the window’s direction. I hope they make it so realistic as well.

That would be awesome, but honestly I don't expect anything even near that. One can hope though.

joelsantos24
09-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Seriously? Whenever I'm playing AC3, the weather changes constantly, I mean, one moment it's sunny and the next it starts raining. I really loved it, though. :cool:

GunnerGalactico
09-29-2014, 08:53 PM
I really hate the waterspouts in AC4, they have a knack of mysteriously appearing when I am busy taking down forts... especially during a storm.

Reaper-59
09-29-2014, 11:10 PM
I really hate the waterspouts in AC4, they have a knack of mysteriously appearing when I am busy taking down forts... especially during a storm.

Some forts are designed that way, so when you approach them the weather changes.

UniteUnderPower
09-30-2014, 02:53 AM

The waterspouts were so cool imo. I've never seen a game so realistically portray a weather system, storm types and all.