PDA

View Full Version : AC Rogue Uplay rewards and actions spotted

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-26-2014, 11:36 AM
Edited by Community Manager:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Apologies for the confusion, we had a temporary hiccup in that Uplay listing. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding Assassin’s Creed Rogue availability for PC.

[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

Shahkulu101
09-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Glitched memory? I take it they are doing an MD similar to Liberation then.

I never played it. How exactly did it work? And I hope that the true ending is optional or something - I think it was in Liberation but I might be recalling incorrectly. Would be annoying if we have to do fiddling about just to access canon story material. It's also possible this is Templar propaganda, a la Liberation.

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 12:06 PM
glitch memory in TOWCB icy place?

OH HO HO HO HO YEEEEEES

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-26-2014, 12:11 PM

OH HO HO HO HO YEEEEEES

HO HO HO = Santa confirmed for rogue

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 12:12 PM
I don't see Haytham in those Rogue wallpapers doe.

Son, I am disappoint.

Shahkulu101
09-26-2014, 12:15 PM

OH HO HO HO HO YEEEEEES

What's a glitch memory?

Straight up ignored me. :nonchalance:

rrebe
09-26-2014, 12:15 PM
PC pretty much confirmed then?

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-26-2014, 12:17 PM
I don't see Haytham in those Rogue wallpapers doe.

Son, I am disappoint.

this is you when you found out that there is no haytham wallpapers http://i.imgur.com/OzkvmdX.png

Shahkulu101
09-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Oh yeah PC release confirmed!

Yes thank God, won't have to return to my ancient PS3.

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 12:23 PM
@shahk

im guessing a glitched memory means either

-its similar to liberation w/ its ending + erudito

or

-theres something preventing us from knowing the canonical memory so we make it up somehow

and if it's the latter im going to assume Shay and Haytham kiss under candle light in the canonical version.

@shahk

Liberation didnt even have a MD.

GoldenBoy9999
09-26-2014, 12:32 PM
These are cool. I would've rather had Unity's. I really like the katana and Assassin Killer outfit. When I saw the wallpapers I was like, huh, that must be for PC. I really hope this is true because that means there may be a definitive edition for current gen and then I can get that.

marvelfannumber
09-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Huh how odd, so I guess there is going to be a PC release after all.

Either there is some seriously bad PR going on or the PC port is gonna be a rushed, poorly optimized pile of garbage.

Also Ubi, sto using the word "Iconic" for your marketing please. The consumers are the ones who decide what is iconic or not, so stop misusing the word!

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 12:35 PM
A PC VERSION?!?!?! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSUH

I knew it was coming but I hope it's soon

m4r-k7
09-26-2014, 12:38 PM
ermerged, Katana's!!

Katana Uplay reward + AC Chronicles China = next game set in Asia confirmed :O

P.S wallpapers could have something to do with Xbox 360 themes

AherasSTRG
09-26-2014, 12:39 PM
First of all, PC???????????????

Second????? KATANA???? Katana in Rogue + Dragoon in Freedom Cry????? What are you trying to tell us, Ubi?????

AherasSTRG
09-26-2014, 12:40 PM
The following picture is NOT fake. Coming straight from my Uplay client!!!!

http://oi62.tinypic.com/fkvdbn.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 12:40 PM
feudal japan incoming.

@ade

YEEEEEEEEEEEES

OH MOTHER OF GOD YES

marvelfannumber
09-26-2014, 12:43 PM
feudal japan incoming.

Oh please no....Please be a full China game and not Japan, please be a full China game and not Japan! *prays in corner*.

AherasSTRG
09-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Katana = Japan. Dragoon = international, but the particular blunderbuss Adewale held reffered mostly to Japan.

m4r-k7
09-26-2014, 12:47 PM
It will probably be Japan as they are using China for the 2.5d game and Japan has been wanted for years. I only want it if they do it right.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-26-2014, 12:48 PM
feudal japan incoming.

@ade

YEEEEEEEEEEEES

OH MOTHER OF GOD YES

http://i.imgur.com/ItBxV4L.gif

marvelfannumber
09-26-2014, 12:50 PM
It will probably be Japan as they are using China for the 2.5d game and Japan has been wanted for years. I only want it if they do it right.

Crap, I don't get why people want Feudal Japan so bad? It's basically just China but with worse cities....*sigh*

rrebe
09-26-2014, 12:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ItBxV4L.gif

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Praise-the-Sun.gif

m4r-k7
09-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Crap, I don't get why people want Feudal Japan so bad? It's basically just China but with worse cities....*sigh*

I just want Ninja stealth with Samurai sword fighting xD

marvelfannumber
09-26-2014, 12:56 PM
I just want Ninja stealth with Samurai sword fighting xD

Great let's just shove the assassins into another historical orginization/group of people just cuz.

First we make them pirates then we make them ninjas....

Does "Hey let's just make the assassins ninjas now cause ninjas are also cool and stealthy" only sound dumb to me? Am....am I the only one who thinks this?

Cities would still suck though, so even if the coolness factor would be high the free running would be boring.

AherasSTRG
09-26-2014, 01:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

m4r-k7
09-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Does "Hey let's just make the assassins ninjas now cause ninjas are also cool and stealthy" only sound dumb to me? Am....am I the only one who thinks this?.

No man, I am not shoving them in. I would have expected the first ever Assassins Creed game to be set in Feudal Japan because Assassins are literally Ninja's. If you research into Ninja's they were literally stealthy infiltrators who focused on tools to eliminate their chosen target, which were mostly upper class snobs xD sounds familiar?

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Sad part is ill prolly get 360 version for now because the PC I borrow will prolly be too slow to run it and I barely get access to it.

killzab
09-26-2014, 01:22 PM

Such an ignorant and insulting post ... smh

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Why do people want america?

It's basically europe with worse cities. :rolleyes:

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 01:24 PM
So PC confirmed, but when will it release?

Also there are too many eastern things going on at the moment, Shao's thing and now katana's?

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 01:26 PM
So PC confirmed, but when will it release?

Also there are too many eastern things going on at the moment, Shao's thing and now katana's?

too many as you don't like it or too many as in it's suspicious?

Because I think next year we'll be getting Feudal Japan and/or Victorian London.

Shahkulu101
09-26-2014, 01:29 PM

Because I think next year we'll be getting Feudal Japan and/or Victorian London.

If they waste either of those settings on last-gen I will be a sad panda.

Use last-gen for a Connor game so you don't need to use any settings on old systems, Ubisoft. :(

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah the last gen game (if they have any next year) should be a Connor game, really.

Though that would lower my chances of ever getting a current gen Connor/Aveline/Eseosa/Shay's Kid Co-op game

marvelfannumber
09-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Why do people want america?

It's basically europe with worse cities. :rolleyes:

Probably the best analogy I have heard for pre 20th century America in an AC game....and it's a joke.

*flips table*

Ok I'll just leave for 2 minutes and ponder my existence!

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 01:34 PM

Too many as in suspicious. I am even more convinced now that next years current gen game will be an Eastern one and that Shao's 2.5d game will act as a prequel to next years game.

Use last-gen for a Connor game so you don't need to use any settings on old systems, Ubisoft. :(

I doubt they would use an eastern setting for a last gen game. There is no way they would build so many new assets for it. They wouldn't be able to use any previous assets at all and it wouldn't be productive.

Yeah the last gen game (if they have any next year) should be a Connor game, really.

Though that would lower my chances of ever getting a current gen Connor/Aveline/Eseosa/Shay's Kid Co-op game

IF there is a nothing last gen game next year. Ubisoft have said that they will stop support for last gen by the end of 2015, so there might be a chance of a last gen game next year or they might not.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/ubisoft-will-likely-stop-supporting-the-last-gen-after-2015#.VCVcs_ldVIE

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Omigosh pls be Cunr Sequel Ubi

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 01:39 PM
To expand on the assets thing for next years last gen game, they would have to reuse most of the ones they have already.

Last gen assets mainly consist of AC3 and AC4's. But this is where it gets confusing. Rogue is the last North American game, so if they are going to reuse assets, where what would they make? Maybe this means we won't get a last gen game next year.

GoldenBoy9999
09-26-2014, 01:39 PM
YESSSSS! PC release! But when will it come out? If it comes out on November 11 then I'll be fine. If it comes out a month or two after then I'm going to be wondering why they didn't make a current gen version. I really wish that uPlay thing showed current gen. I'm skeptical now.

Is anyone else hoping for a current gen release?

Some people seem to be thinking Shao Jun game and katanas mean a China/Japan game. It could be this. It'd be really cool if Ubi gave us these hints and they were right.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-26-2014, 02:00 PM
great from you guys talking about japan and china you have made me start to watch the last samurai

GoldenBoy9999
09-26-2014, 02:17 PM
I need to see if I have that movie. I love it. I hope it's still in my cabinet...

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 02:20 PM
YESSSSS! PC release! But when will it come out? If it comes out on November 11 then I'll be fine. If it comes out a month or two after then I'm going to be wondering why they didn't make a current gen version. I really wish that uPlay thing showed current gen. I'm skeptical now.

Is anyone else hoping for a current gen release?

Some people seem to be thinking Shao Jun game and katanas mean a China/Japan game. It could be this. It'd be really cool if Ubi gave us these hints and they were right.

I don't think its coming November 11th like the last gen versions, purely because they keep marketing it as Xbox 360 and PS3 only, even the adverts and youtube videos at the end only show PS3 and 360 box art.

I think this is a slip up. Also if there is a PC version there WILL be a PS4/X1 version, thats pretty much confirmed now.

Also with the Katana and Shao game, its just too much eastern to not mean anything.

GoldenBoy9999
09-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the info. It's comforting.

AherasSTRG
09-26-2014, 02:32 PM
AAAAAAR. Announce the PC version already!!!

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Can anyone find the console Uplay rewards? I'm guessing they are the same but am thinking theme to replace the wallpapers.

rrebe
09-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Can anyone find the console Uplay rewards? I'm guessing they are the same but am thinking theme to replace the wallpapers.

For Xbox360 and PS3 it says
"Customize your dashboard with an AC Rogue theme"
The image in the reward is the same though

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 02:56 PM
Thought as much, thanks!

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 03:04 PM
I doubt this is a 'slip up'

Access the Animus may be a fansite but it gets a ton of 'leaks' directly from Ubi.

Like the Arno reading the letter one. No other site gets those 'leaks'

And when they get major leaks from other sites and post it, Ubi tells them to take it down within minutes. (like the one with the beta tester)

This was a controlled reveal, me thinks.

AherasSTRG
09-26-2014, 03:11 PM
It's still there. OMG, it's on the PC Uplay client. Everything. All rewards and actions... I wanna cry. "Wallpaper for your desktop"... Give it to me already.

Log in to your Uplay Launcher, Click on "Win" (up left), scroll down, click on "All Games" and it's the 4th in line.

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 03:12 PM
I hope I'll be able to add it to steam wishlist soon.

Doesn't look like it's up there.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-26-2014, 03:34 PM
Good to see that the PC people are now in the "circle" to play Rogue. Good job, Ubi. Cool rewards too.

^ This.

AherasSTRG
09-26-2014, 03:45 PM
They deleted the thread I opened in the PC section of the forums about PC Rogue, although I explicitely stated that this was NOT a leak, but rather the screenshot of a page anyone with a Uplay account has access to.

UbiJustin
09-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Apologies for the confusion, we had a temporary hiccup in that Uplay listing. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding Assassin’s Creed Rogue availability for PC.