PDA

View Full Version : Guards respawning, ugh!

thelegendaryX
09-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Is anyone else bothered by this? You go through all that effort to clear the city of guards and they keep respawning on you when you leave (not the city, just the area) and come back. In the first Assassin's Creed, that didn't happen. You could feel pride in how you've eliminated everyone in the city, plus it made looking for collectibles and all that much easier. I've only played the first two games, though. Please, someone tell me that there is a later game that doesn't do this! :(

Not looking forward to continuing the series without being able to actually KILL the guards...

ETA: I'm talking more about the guards that are stationed (not moving around), either on the rooftops or just standing on the street. I don't mind the occasional patrolling guard. Even the first one had them.

LieutenantRex
09-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Um well... we're dealing with an actual security body in AC2, not just an occupying military force like in AC1. There's an organization devoted to keeping the peace and stability of the city in AC2, so there'll be different shifts of guards once it's dawn and dusk. And not every guard you see on the street is every guard in the entire city. Some could be in buildings, y'know?

thelegendaryX
09-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Um well... we're dealing with an actual security body in AC2, not just an occupying military force like in AC1. There's an organization devoted to keeping the peace and stability of the city in AC2, so there'll be different shifts of guards once it's dawn and dusk. And not every guard you see on the street is every guard in the entire city. Some could be in buildings, y'know?

Yes, I get that there is a perfectly good storyline explanation for it; I just hate it in terms of gameplay. To me, there's just no fun in clearing an area only to come back moments later (without leaving the city - loading screen and all) to find that they're all there again. There's not much feeling of progress there. Agree or disagree with whether this is a bad thing, does it ever change back in later games? I'm just wanting to know what to expect. Thank you.

Kytr
09-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Actually, I prefer that the guards come back. If they don't, you have no one to kill. You need to think these things through.

pacmanate
09-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Agree with above.

If no one respawned then we would have nothing to slaughter

MaceoniK
09-25-2014, 06:28 PM
I also find this annoying, it would be ok if you killed a bunch of guards and left the general area for a good amount of time, but you don't have to travel far, before you return to see they've all respawned.

AC 3 is even worse than this though... if you get detected, extra guards will spawn out of thin air.

Ureh
09-25-2014, 06:52 PM
Yep, fighting infinite guards and parkour are really the only things left to do at the end of the games. I need both! :)

Kakuzu745
09-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Without respawning the game might become boring at some point to be honest...

thelegendaryX
09-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Actually, I prefer that the guards come back. If they don't, you have no one to kill. You need to think these things through.

I'm not saying they can't come back at all, just that I should be able to clear out the area while I'm in the city. If I want them to respawn, I can leave the city and come back. Presto. Both problems solved.

Yep, fighting infinite guards and parkour are really the only things left to do at the end of the games. I need both! :)

I would feel much happier about being able to clear out an entire city and then come back to do it again than "kill" a guard, run a few blocks away, come back to see them there again!

AC 3 is even worse than this though... if you get detected, extra guards will spawn out of thin air.

I'd actually take that, over this! Though neither sound very appealing.

So I take it they just keep doing it this way with all the other games? If so, that really sucks, IMO.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Speaking of spawning guards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X8MPLJOx8E

pacmanate
09-25-2014, 08:32 PM
^ I hated that. Always by the docks :@

MaceoniK
09-25-2014, 09:19 PM
I'd actually take that, over this! Though neither sound very appealing.

So I take it they just keep doing it this way with all the other games? If so, that really sucks, IMO.

The extra guards spawning when detected thing, was fixed in AC 4.

thelegendaryX
09-25-2014, 09:29 PM
The extra guards spawning when detected thing, was fixed in AC 4.

But the guards respawning when you kill them and return (without leaving the city first)?

JustPlainQuirky
09-25-2014, 09:31 PM
wait wait what?

the guards in AC1 stay dead forever!?!?*:0

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 09:37 PM
wait wait what?

the guards in AC1 stay dead forever!?!?*:0

Only until you leave the city or talk to the rafiqs to gain permission to proceed with the main assassination (triggering a cut scene where the city "resets" while Alta´r rests).

JustPlainQuirky
09-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Oh nevermind.

It was annoying how AC3 practically had infinite guards.

I wanted a sense of progression, damn it.

thelegendaryX
09-25-2014, 10:11 PM
It would be nice if they made one where you could change this in Settings, maybe.

But no, I'm just trying to find out if any of the later Assassin's Creed games did it similar to the original, where you could actually feel like you were clearing the city of guards (at least the ones who are stationed on rooftops if nothing else). Guess not, though.

What about cheat codes? Do those ever come into play in the series?