PDA

View Full Version : Video: crossing AC2 Venice without touching the ground

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 07:21 AM
They said it couldn't be done....

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/2014/01/22/bela_has_a_gun.gif

I start from one end of the city and set the furthest point as my end goal.

Rules, as laid down by M and myself:

1) Don't touch the ground
2) Fences, boxes and railings are okay
3) No backtracking (i.e. going back to the same building where you were a minute ago to figure out an alternate route)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2uM8NJLSqQ

Farlander1991
09-25-2014, 07:38 AM
Nice :) Though it's your and M's quarrel and your agreed rules, I personally think that the limit should've been approximately one floor from the ground level, or something more defined along those lines, but that's just me (I consider free-running uninterrupted when not getting too close to street level).

On a slight off-topic, by Odin's beard is the draw distance of Assassin's Creed II HORRENDOUS. Is there any way to fix that? Maybe some hex tweaking? (like how you can totally remove all Ezio's armor in ACB that way)

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 07:41 AM
On a slight off-topic, by Odin's beard is the draw distance of Assassin's Creed II HORRENDOUS. Is there any way to fix that? Maybe some hex tweaking? (like how you can totally remove all Ezio's armor in ACB that way)

I didn't have all settings at max, that could be why it looks even worse than usual. There's something weird with the PC settings for AC2 that makes them reset to default every time you load up the game.

Edit: What's this about tweaking to remove ACB armor? I only know about the Romulus armor glitch that requires you to replay memories.

king-hailz
09-25-2014, 08:06 AM
I love this game so much it physically hurts! The soundtrack is so freaking amazing! Also I just noticed that from AC1-ACR we actually had to plan a free running route and it was fun to do... In AC3 and AC4 you just press R1/RT and move the analog stick forward and your done...

Xstantin
09-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Nice :) Though it's your and M's quarrel and your agreed rules, I personally think that the limit should've been approximately one floor from the ground level, or something more defined along those lines, but that's just me (I consider free-running uninterrupted when not getting too close to street level).

One of Brotherhood's tailing missions with the Banker sets the optional objective about getting to the destination without touching the ground I'd just go by its parameters - I think Ezio can get to street level but can't literally touch ground although it's been awhile since I played ACB.

Farlander1991
09-25-2014, 08:41 AM
I didn't have all settings at max, that could be why it looks even worse than usual. There's something weird with the PC settings for AC2 that makes them reset to default every time you load up the game.

Edit: What's this about tweaking to remove ACB armor? I only know about the Romulus armor glitch that requires you to replay memories.

Using CheatEngine you can just have the Roman Spaulders unequiped without using the Romulus armor glitch, it takes a bit of time to do though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-aEOYYF-Yo

One of Brotherhood's tailing missions with the Banker sets the optional objective about getting to the destination without touching the ground I'd just go by its parameters - I think Ezio can get to street level but can't literally touch ground although it's been awhile since I played ACB.

Yeah, I think in that mission you literally must not touch the ground, but I'm talking about the 'feels'. To me running on a waist-high fence doesn't feel like uninterrupted free-running because it's just too close to the street.

Xstantin
09-25-2014, 08:46 AM
^Agreed about 'the feels' :)

HDinHB
09-25-2014, 09:01 AM
I love this game so much it physically hurts! The soundtrack is so freaking amazing! Also I just noticed that from AC1-ACR we actually had to plan a free running route and it was fun to do... In AC3 and AC4 you just press R1/RT and move the analog stick forward and your done...

You just noticed? :) For me this really took the thrill and challenge out of free running in AC3/4. I hope this is fixed in Unity.

@SixKeys, nice work ("Phew!"). Next time you must do it without killing any of those p*sky rooftop guards.

Farlander1991
09-25-2014, 09:14 AM
So interesting to see complaints about AC3/AC4 RT/Move when AC series has always been critiqued how for the navigation you don't have to press anything other than "RT+X" ever since the first game. :D

NekoKera
09-25-2014, 09:51 AM
What's going on in Ezio's mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdrORwZzlBk

EmbodyingSeven5
09-25-2014, 01:16 PM
good job man. next shoot for going through the frontier lol.

JustPlainQuirky
09-25-2014, 01:16 PM
incoming heated debate will be heated

Assassin_M
09-25-2014, 02:22 PM
This looks even more boring than mine, I didn't think that was possible. No fault on your part, of course, it's just surprising that the same problems in my game exist in yours. Psychic guard AI, slipping off beams, sluggish animations..etc

Well, good on ya. I bet if I did my video of Boston while using rails and boxes, i'd have been called many nice things like "an apologist" or "biased fanboy" but eh, who cares? I agreed to the rules and you made it. You didn't backtrack nor touch the ground.:rolleyes:

NY video coming up.

Namikaze_17
09-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Welp...
http://i.imgur.com/DQ8HA.gif

marvelfannumber
09-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Using CheatEngine you can just have the Roman Spaulders unequiped without using the Romulus armor glitch, it takes a bit of time to do though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-aEOYYF-Yo

Now if only there was a way to get Ezio's AC2 outfit into Brotherhood....I have no idea why they did not make that a downloadable outfit.

Farlander1991
09-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Now if only there was a way to get Ezio's AC2 outfit into Brotherhood....I have no idea why they did not make that a downloadable outfit.

You can do it with CheatEngine too. Using the same principles as that vid I think, since Ezio's AC2 outfit is present in Cristina memories. But it's good only for free-roaming as saving the state from Cristina memories leads to weird bugs as the creator of the video says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaT6UV-yC9k

There's also a texture mod for AC2 robes, but it looks weird as the physics of the ACB robe are applied (since it just changes the textures of that outfit). But the texture mod doesn't have the bugs that the CheatEngine way does (but I think that cheatengine way of changing to AC2 outfit can theoretically be done without bugs), because, well, it changes just the texture.

NOTE: The CheatEngine armor thing is safe and unbuggy to use, I tested it myself :)

Megas_Doux
09-25-2014, 03:01 PM

Indeed, AC IIs outfit has been blatantly ignored,.......

Good video, by the way.

ze_topazio
09-25-2014, 03:06 PM
AC IIs outfit has been blatantly ignored,.......

And happens to be my favorite.

marvelfannumber
09-25-2014, 03:33 PM
And happens to be my favorite.

Feelings mutual

GunnerGalactico
09-25-2014, 03:51 PM
No argument there. Ezio's AC2 outfit remains to be one of my favourites as well.

Back on topic, I look forward to seeing more videos. After watching Sixkeys, it kind of makes me want to play all of my AC games just to make my own comparison.

Sushiglutton
09-25-2014, 04:32 PM
You didn't speak to the doctor, so it doesn't count. Shame, you were so close!

pacmanate
09-25-2014, 04:37 PM
This looks even more boring than mine, I didn't think that was possible. No fault on your part, of course, it's just surprising that the same problems in my game exist in yours. Psychic guard AI, slipping off beams, sluggish animations..etc

Well, good on ya. I bet if I did my video of Boston while using rails and boxes, i'd have been called many nice things like "an apologist" or "biased fanboy" but eh, who cares? I agreed to the rules and you made it. You didn't backtrack nor touch the ground.:rolleyes:

NY video coming up.

All that matters is I know you aren't a fanboy.

And you know I don't really hate Connor <3

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 07:05 PM

NY video coming up.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/059584c7a05f8b7e2a2740d122c6798f/tumblr_mxr7mlnaOj1r2ckpzo1_400.gif

I set the fences/boxes rule for AC3 during my Boston run as well but I still couldn't do it without backtracking.

Kakuzu745
09-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Hahahahaha the Cartman GIF made my day.

Cant wait to see the NY video!

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 07:32 PM
How are the guards psychic, BTW? The only time they turn around is when they see me or heard me running (which is why you see me slow down when sneaking behind them several times). Unlike AC3, the only guard that starts chasing me is the one who saw me, which makes sense.

pacmanate
09-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Because the AI in AC has always been dumb.

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Because the AI in AC has always been dumb.

Dumb yes, I'll grant you. But if we're talking about psychic, it's AC3 guards who magically know Connor's exact location even if they never saw or heard him.

pacmanate
09-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Dumb yes, I'll grant you. But if we're talking about psychic, it's AC3 guards who magically know Connor's exact location even if they never saw or heard him.

Don't get me started on AC3.

1. Huge unrealistic yellow search zones
2. Psychic Guards
3. "Stealth" bow that makes no sound alerts guards.

J.D.64
09-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Hallo ik speel nog niet zolang AC3 en ik kom niet uit het handels menu kan wel hout kopen maar verder kom ik niet hebben jullie hier een oplossing voor,bij voorbaat bedankt.

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Hallo ik speel nog niet zolang AC3 en ik kom niet uit het handels menu kan wel hout kopen maar verder kom ik niet hebben jullie hier een oplossing voor,bij voorbaat bedankt.

Engelstalige forum, maat.

Zoek contact op met Ubisoft Support.

J.D.64
09-25-2014, 09:34 PM

Assassin_M
09-25-2014, 09:39 PM
How are the guards psychic, BTW?
The first guard at the 4:08 mark insta detected you without even his meter filling and the guard at the 5:04 mark detected you when he should not have been able to see you. This also happens in my video.

Now, here's NY. I have also found a way to cross Boston without backtracking nor touching the ground as per six keys rules, beams, rails, boxes..etc count so i'll do another video of Boston when I can....perhaps tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFtfEGJxkQ&amp;feature=youtu.be

JustPlainQuirky
09-25-2014, 09:45 PM
I saw that accidental grab at 3:33 :rolleyes:

lovely video, M

I wonder how different parkour will feel in Rogue.

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 09:55 PM
The first guard at the 4:08 mark insta detected you without even his meter filling and the guard at the 5:04 mark detected you when he should not have been able to see you. This also happens in my video.

No, it makes sense. There's a certain radius to the guards' detection. The closer you get, the faster they will detect you. It's just not that obvious in my video since I have SSI disabled. The same thing happens at 5:08. The guard's detection radius is like a circle - if you breach that circle, they will see you as an instant threat. Just like in RL, they will give a warning if you're still far away, but if you dash towards them, they will instantly go into self-defense mode.

You cheated at the beginning of NY, you didn't set your marker as the furthest point of the city.

At 1:34 you broke the rules. We agreed you could only move forward, left or right, no backtracking. A few steps back is okay, but not going from one building to another 100 meters behind you.

Otherwise nice video. I remain unconvinced because of the backtracking, looking forward to Boston. ;)

Assassin_M
09-25-2014, 10:02 PM
No, it makes sense. There's a certain radius to the guards' detection. The closer you get, the faster they will detect you. It's just not that obvious in my video since I have SSI disabled. The same thing happens at 5:08. The guard's detection radius is like a circle - if you breach that circle, they will see you as an instant threat. Just like in RL, they will give a warning if you're still far away, but if you dash towards them, they will instantly go into self-defense mode.
I can't take your word for it, now can I? I don't see how the guard could'v seen you from this angle and because there's no SSI in your video, there's really no way to know....unless you want to do reshoot :rolleyes:nonetheless, it happens in my video, so. Point stands, whatever the case.

You cheated at the beginning of NY, you didn't set your marker as the furthest point of the city.
Yes, I did. everything before that is countryside. You don't really expect me to find a tree in the middle of the countryside and film it with Connor spinning around and saying "oh crap, I lost, too bad", do you?

At 1:34 you broke the rules. We agreed you could only move forward, left or right, no backtracking. A few steps back is okay, but not going from one building to another 100 meters behind you.
There was no backtracking, watch the video again.

I saw that accidental grab at 3:33 :rolleyes:

lovely video, M

I wonder how different parkour will feel in Rogue.
It was only because I pressed X

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 10:20 PM
I can't take your word for it, now can I? I don't see how the guard could'v seen you from this angle and because there's no SSI in your video, there's really no way to know....unless you want to do reshoot :rolleyes:nonetheless, it happens in my video, so. Point stands, whatever the case.

Yeah, I'm not gonna do another run with SSI enabled. I've already wasted enough time on this little feud. :p

Yes, I did. everything before that is countryside. You don't really expect me to find a tree in the middle of the countryside and film it with Connor spinning around and saying "oh crap, I lost, too bad", do you?

Fair enough. The whole point, of course, was to prove that you couldn't cross through the entirety of Boston without hitting ground, and Boston has a lot of ground in places where it's utterly unavoidable. Which is also the reason I originally proposed a straight line, because it seemed more fair to Boston. I started from the first building I could find (that wasn't a fort) and made my way to the furthest point of the city in a straight line which was the harbor master. In this case you only proved it's possible to cross the middle part of Boston without hitting the ground (except you still backtracked), which isn't the same as crossing the entire city.

There was no backtracking, watch the video again.

Backtracking = going back in the direction you came. It may not have been the same building, but instead of forward, left or right, you went backwards for quite a bit before resuming course.

Ironically, it may actually have been possible at that point to cross over without going back as I spotted quite a few trees and fences on the ground, but I can't say for sure if they would have carried you all the way to the other side.

Assassin_M
09-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I'm not gonna do another run with SSI enabled. I've already wasted enough time on this little feud. :p
Then we'll never truly know:rolleyes:

Fair enough. The whole point, of course, was to prove that you couldn't cross through the entirety of Boston without hitting ground, and Boston has a lot of ground in places where it's utterly unavoidable. Which is also the reason I originally proposed a straight line, because it seemed more fair to Boston. I started from the first building I could find (that wasn't a fort) and made my way to the furthest point of the city in a straight line which was the harbor master. In this case you only proved it's possible to cross the middle part of Boston without hitting the ground (except you still backtracked), which isn't the same as crossing the entire city.
Did I say entirety of Boston? No, I said find the largest distance traveled in Venice (AC II's largest city) and apply it to Boston, the distance of the entirety of Venice is shorter than the city portion of Boston so I applied the start of the city to Boston. As for NY, it's 700(s) steps, so larger than Florence but slightly smaller than Venice, surely you wont throw a fit over a bit under 100 steps? and if that does not satisfy you, then just tie Florence and NY. Florence is about 426 steps while NY is 700(s);)

Backtracking = going back in the direction you came. It may not have been the same building, but instead of forward, left or right, you went backwards for quite a bit before resuming course.

Ironically, it may actually have been possible at that point to cross over without going back as I spotted quite a few trees and fences on the ground, but I can't say for sure if they would have carried you all the way to the other side.
Again, there was no backtracking, I went left. I never went backwards, you must be watching a different video.

ze_topazio
09-25-2014, 10:48 PM
Someone should do the other games cities too.

Assassin_M
09-25-2014, 10:55 PM
somebody please explain that this is not backtracking

https://www.giflike.com/a/ZJtayfY/new-york-parkour

JustPlainQuirky
09-25-2014, 10:58 PM
M went left.

I think Sixkeys interpreted it as going in an opposite direction of the temporary goal.

i mean, when you looked over to those guards it looked like you were trying to go there.

so maybe it was a misinterpetation.

Assassin_M
09-25-2014, 11:03 PM
M went left.

I think Sixkeys interpreted it as going in an opposite direction of the temporary goal.

i mean, when you looked over to those guards it looked like you were trying to go there.

so maybe it was a misinterpetation.
Ah well, that's not what I agreed to. backtracking as I agreed was just Connor going back the way he came from. which would make more sense.

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 11:30 PM
I meant forward as in forward towards your destination. JFC, it's not that hard. I'd hate to see you in traffic, M.

"No, officer, I wasn't doing anything wrong. Even though I was driving in reverse for 100 meters, I wasn't doing anything wrong because I'm not on the same street as I was 10 minutes ago!" :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
09-25-2014, 11:38 PM
Alright guys come on ease off the tension.

It's just parkour efficiency + city structures.

I see arguments that work in both favors.

Why not just agree to disagree?

SixKeys
09-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Alright guys come on ease off the tension.

It's just parkour efficiency + city structures.

I see arguments that work in both favors.

Why not just agree to disagree?

I'm not as angry as I may sound. (I already won, after all. ;) ) Just frustrated at the twisting of what should be simple rules.

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 12:00 AM
I already won, after all.

I wouldn't say that.

There clearly seems to be miscommunication between you two.

Shahkulu101
09-26-2014, 12:02 AM
Free running in Venice is so often ruined for me.

Not because of the free running paths but because the lovely ambient music is always interrupted by those stupid bloody archers. Seriously there are SOOO many everywhere.

And just a note; this is just a random comment. I'm not on M's side here - Boston and NY suck and are worse than the Kingdom and Apennine Mountains.

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 12:06 AM
I did have problems finding paths when parkouring the rooftops when I played AC3 for the first time.

Still have problems.

I have no problem admitting that.

But I have that problem in almost every AC game.

Namikaze_17
09-26-2014, 12:13 AM
Can I intrude and say both have problems...

There is no BETTER city...

It's all preference.

Shahkulu101
09-26-2014, 12:13 AM
Eh I'm totally fine finding paths in all the AC games - even Boston and NY. I thought they were just pretty boring cities though.

Although I was excited when I finally got to Boston with Haytham, I mean it was the first city in 3 years that wasn't European. Then as the game went on I felt a little underwhelmed with the cities. Absolutely LOVED the frontier though, just tree running about there and hunting, climbing the high cliffs and looking down below. Exploring the frontier was brilliant, just wish it had more actual content but it really is a beautiful location.

SixKeys
09-26-2014, 12:18 AM
Boston and NY suck and are worse than the Kingdom and Apennine Mountains.

True dat.

I-Like-Pie45
09-26-2014, 12:25 AM
SixKeys your legs are hairy

Assassin_M
09-26-2014, 12:31 AM
I'm not as angry as I may sound. (I already won, after all. ;) ) Just frustrated at the twisting of what should be simple rules.
Nah, I won, i said so. Do you even know what backtracking means? lol. it's going back the same way you came in, retracing steps...etc. What I did is NOT back tracking, what I did is what you called "detour" and that was allowed. Don't be throwing around weird things just because you lost, we all have to lose sometimes:p. I only lost the point of crossing Venice without touching the ground (Where you so conveniently added the idea that even the smallest of structures above the ground count....and i'm twisting rules:rolleyes:) other than that, just concede...it's not hard.

Boston video coming really soon. Done shooting.

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 12:38 AM
How to be passive agressive:

-claim you win an arguement that hasn't been settled
-use smiley emotes frequently
-throw around indirect insults

c'mon guize. u 2 are better than this.

just agree to disagree cuz this isn't getting anywhere.

Assassin_M
09-26-2014, 12:40 AM

May, me and sixkeys love each other, I promise. We're just too proud for agreeing to disagree. We love each other too much to just make it so dull:p

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 12:41 AM
Ah, I see.

In that case, continue to tear each other apart.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380222758/581571.gif

ze_topazio
09-26-2014, 12:42 AM
One of you should try to do that on the Frontier.

Assassin_M
09-26-2014, 12:47 AM
One of you should try to do that on the Frontier.
Apennine mountains, much better.

SixKeys
09-26-2014, 12:48 AM

How to detect sarcasm:

-Don't believe anyone who claims they've "won" an argument on the internet as being serious. ;)

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 02:41 AM
Where is my love M you heartless boob

JustPlainQuirky
09-26-2014, 02:47 AM
How to detect sarcasm:

-Don't believe anyone who claims they've "won" an argument on the internet as being serious. ;)

consider me socially inept then, hue.

hood3dassassin5
09-27-2014, 05:23 AM
backtrack -
verb (used without object)
to return over the same course or route.
to withdraw from an undertaking, position, etc.; reverse a policy.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/backtracking?s=t

Assassin_M
09-28-2014, 06:50 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAlrighty, finally got some free time and managed this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Df40rKadUk

I can't wait to read what you'll nitpick at next, sixkeys :rolleyes:

SixKeys
09-28-2014, 07:02 PM
No "nitpicking" here, since you actually stuck to the rules this time. ;)

Loved the use of boxes, flagpoles and climbing the sides of the bridge. That's exactly the sort of cleverness I was hoping from these videos. Good on ya.

Shahkulu101
09-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Anyone wanna try Rome or Constantinople for fun?

SixKeys
09-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Anyone wanna try Rome or Constantinople for fun?

Constantinople's river makes it impossible to cross over the entire city without touching ground.

Not even gonna attempt Rome. Too much countryside.

Edit: AC1, on the other hand....

Assassin_M
09-28-2014, 09:25 PM
No "nitpicking" here, since you actually stuck to the rules this time. ;)

Loved the use of boxes, flagpoles and climbing the sides of the bridge. That's exactly the sort of cleverness I was hoping from these videos. Good on ya.
You're trying to goad me to make another New York video, aren't you?..............well, you win, i'll make another one without your definition of backtracking:nonchalance:

Thank you, Sixkeys, your video was very good too:)

Where is my love M you heartless boob
Oh oh, your love is here, i'm sorry.

here, have some love <3

pacmanate
09-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Thanks brah :p

TDAssassino
09-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Saw this topic that got my attention, so I decided to do a little one in Havana (it was easy though...). :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDm0JVKe_b0

Can't wait what you guys will do next :p

hood3dassassin5
09-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Constantinople's river makes it impossible to cross over the entire city without touching ground.

Edit: AC1, on the other hand.....

Would going on a boat count as "touching the ground"?

SixKeys
09-28-2014, 11:05 PM

Would going on a boat count as "touching the ground"?

Probably not, but you would still have to hop on the docks when you landed, I think.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-28-2014, 11:41 PM

Edit: AC1, on the other hand....

How about this?

Only the bottom/southern half of Constantinople (the side without the Assassin hideout) -- you know how in your Venice video you didn't really cross into the Northern section of Venice, well think of it as the same thing, you're not crossing to that part of Istanbul. As for Rome -- only do the the urban portion of it, no countryside or the small little towns surrounding the main portion. To me, those sections are just a seamless version of the Appenine Mountains of AC2/Kingdom of AC1 anyway and shouldn't really be considered Roma proper.

Good job to everyone including Rodz0r and his Havana one.

I still hate Boston and NY.

Assassin_M
09-29-2014, 12:07 AM
I still hate Boston and NY.
They hate you too.

I did not make these videos for people to love them, I was making a point. Similarly, I didn't make the Venice video for people to hate it. It's all subjective what you like or dislike, what's not subjective is that Boston and NY are worse and Venice in terms of parkour, which is wrong.

JustPlainQuirky
09-29-2014, 12:12 AM
I like Boston and NY

My only qualm (and this applies to like all the games) is you can't really go in all the buildings. And when you can, there's not much to do aside from talk to someone or play chess.

I'd like to maybe lie down on a bed and have a dream sequence or something. And interact with all furnature.

Kinda like the sims.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-29-2014, 03:31 AM
They hate you too.

I did not make these videos for people to love them, I was making a point. Similarly, I didn't make the Venice video for people to hate it. It's all subjective what you like or dislike, what's not subjective is that Boston and NY are worse and Venice in terms of parkour, which is wrong.

Did I ever say you made them for any other purpose? No. Stop reading into things. You act like it's some sort of personal insult towards you that people dislike NY/Boston.

I simply said that I hate Boston and NY still despite both Venice and those cities having the option to avoid the ground. For me, part of it comes from height -- the buildings in Venice are taller for example, a lot of them are 4-5 stories judging by the windows while most of NY/Boston appear to be 3 stories. Another part of it comes from aesthetics. The cities of AC1, AC2, ACB, and ACR are just more pleasant. Of course NY/Boston won't look as pretty. That was obvious going in but it doesn't make it any less meh to look at. It's why Havana looks more fun. It looks like it may be slightly taller on average than Boston/NY (though I have NOT played AC4 so I don't know for a fact) but not by much. It definitely doesn't feel as large as the cities from the Ezio Trilogy.

I'm not 100% about my ranking as I just recently played a lot of these but I wasn't focused on the cities of each per se but I THINK my city list goes like this
Florence/Constantinople > Venice/Jerusalem > Acre/Rome > Damascus > Boston/NY

Not sure where to put the small cities of AC2 and obviously I can't place Havana or Kingston or New Orleans or Paris yet.

Assassin_M
09-29-2014, 03:52 AM
Did I ever say you made them for any other purpose? No. Stop reading into things. You act like it's some sort of personal insult towards you that people dislike NY/Boston.

I simply said that I hate Boston and NY still despite both Venice and those cities having the option to avoid the ground. For me, part of it comes from height -- the buildings in Venice are taller for example, a lot of them are 4-5 stories judging by the windows while most of NY/Boston appear to be 3 stories. Another part of it comes from aesthetics. The cities of AC1, AC2, ACB, and ACR are just more pleasant. Of course NY/Boston won't look as pretty. That was obvious going in but it doesn't make it any less meh to look at. It's why Havana looks more fun. It looks like it may be slightly taller on average than Boston/NY (though I have NOT played AC4 so I don't know for a fact) but not by much. It definitely doesn't feel as large as the cities from the Ezio Trilogy.

I'm not 100% about my ranking as I just recently played a lot of these but I wasn't focused on the cities of each per se but I THINK my city list goes like this
Florence/Constantinople > Venice/Jerusalem > Acre/Rome > Damascus > Boston/NY

Not sure where to put the small cities of AC2 and obviously I can't place Havana or Kingston or New Orleans or Paris yet.
I didnt ask you why you dislike Boston and NY and prefer other cities to them. And stop overreacting, I didn't take it as an insult, I was just explaining what my videos were about.

Fatal-Feit
09-29-2014, 04:07 AM
I like Boston and NY

My only qualm (and this applies to like all the games) is you can't really go in all the buildings. And when you can, there's not much to do aside from talk to someone or play chess.

I'd like to maybe lie down on a bed and have a dream sequence or something. And interact with all furnature.

Kinda like the sims.

Adewale and Edward can sleep on a bed. I don't know if that counts.

More interactive blending animations(?) I'd like that. It's a shame they took a huge step back in AC:IV. ...The demo still haunts me.

Farlander1991
09-30-2014, 09:18 AM
Does anybody want to make videos about going as far as possilbe with parkour without touching the ground OR the rooftops? I think Constantinople would be best for that due to the hookblade/corner lamp combos (since you can either turn or jump very far with those, and the streets aren't too wide). But to me parkour is most interesting not when on roofs, but when on the sides of the buildings (I had fun in Havana going from place to place like that, they have tons of stuff there to progress through, switching from pathway to pathway). So there's a challenge for you if you wanna do it :p

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 09:47 AM
I will, when I get my hands on a working 970 (graphic card). :p