PDA

View Full Version : Give me le vin! (Small bit of new AC Unity information regarding wine)

pacmanate
09-24-2014, 09:41 PM
"Rating Summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Arno Dorian, a man who joins the Assassins Brotherhood in 18th century France. As players follow the storyline, they undertake missions to find, stalk, and kill human enemies. Players use swords, muskets, concealed spikes, and poisonous blades to assassinate characters. Players can also engage in swordfights with armed soldiers, often resulting in characters getting impaled. Cutscenes sometimes depict civilians getting stabbed, burned at the stake, and decapitated by guillotine. Severed heads are occasionally depicted on spikes or held up in the air. The game includes some sexual material: missions referencing brothels, prostitutes; dialogue also includes sexual remarks (e.g., “Add some bestiality and a lecherous priest and I'd say you have the beginnings of a beautiful novel”; “Seven nuns seducing a parish priest into debauchery, or an enormously-endowed Benedictine sodomizing a goat named Pius?”). During the course of the game, players are sent on flashback quest to retrieve wine; while playing these memories, the camera wobbles to simulate drunkenness."

Source: http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33646&Title=Assassin%26%2339%3Bs Creed Unity&searchkeyword=

Sushiglutton
09-24-2014, 09:50 PM
concealed spikes

Also known as hidden blades....

SirTookTookIII
09-24-2014, 10:05 PM
So sexually deviant servants of the lord and bestiality? I'm intrigued.

Crouching.Tiger
09-24-2014, 10:10 PM
This will be the best violent drunken zoophilic videogame ever.

pacmanate
09-24-2014, 10:18 PM

Amen!

SirTookTookIII
09-24-2014, 10:21 PM
Goat rape... seamlessnessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

pacmanate
09-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Seeing drunken animal prostitutes will be very interesting! Maybe they send Arno back in time to find Wine. Hmm.

SirTookTookIII
09-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Seeing drunken animal prostitutes will be very interesting! Maybe they send Arno back in time to find Wine. Hmm.
Commence Arno and Pius fanfics now. Hehehehe.
...wtf is wrong with me...

ACfan443
09-24-2014, 10:42 PM
I recall some mention of bestiality in some older threads, is this the first time this rating summary has been posted?

pacmanate
09-24-2014, 10:53 PM
I recall some mention of bestiality in some older threads, is this the first time this rating summary has been posted?

To my knowledge, yep. Makes sense why its an 18 rated game now in the UK

HDinHB
09-24-2014, 10:57 PM

I've seen it posted before. There is another thread where someone said they will be abandoning the AC series because of the bestiality reference. I think it will just be abstract dialog and not anything particularity graphic.
Head on a stick? Okay. Someone talking about goat sex? No way!

Xstantin
09-24-2014, 11:02 PM
Now I like Unity even more. Can't wait to see all the angry comments

pacmanate
09-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Of course there wont be a graphic bestiality scene haha

JustPlainQuirky
09-25-2014, 02:00 AM
Always thought getting drunk would be a treat savored for Black Flag only.

I guess drunkeness will become a central mechanic. :rolleyes:

Crouching.Tiger
09-25-2014, 01:52 PM

Remember the controversy about, for example, the pixly, decidedly non-erotic "Hot coffee mod" of GTA: San Andreas, or a sex scene or whatever it was in Mass Effect... then imagine what the conservative media (or even liberal media, or animal rights activists) would've done with a realistic, seamless, next-gen, interactive bestiality scene! Moral guardians would've stoned Ubisoft offices, there would be videogame burnings and calls for prohibitions, and Unity sales would've skyrocketed!

Sooo eeeh... petition time? :rolleyes:

Megas_Doux
09-25-2014, 03:14 PM

There could be just a reference, like in AC II....

Gin0r
09-25-2014, 03:49 PM
That bit about "the beginning of a beautiful novel" makes me think we’ll meet the Maquis de Sade and all that stuff will just be referenced in dialogue by him.

Seriously that guy was like a one-man-4chan of the 18th century

pacmanate
09-25-2014, 04:32 PM
There could be just a reference, like in AC II....

Thats what it says:

"dialogue also includes sexual remarks (e.g., “Add some bestiality")"

It's just dialogue.

DumbGamerTag94
09-25-2014, 04:56 PM
That bit about "the beginning of a beautiful novel" makes me think we’ll meet the Maquis de Sade and all that stuff will just be referenced in dialogue by him.

Seriously that guy was like a one-man-4chan of the 18th century

This^^^^^

I am 1000000% positive all the aforementioned sexual deviency references. Are all things spouted from this mans mouth or writings during the course of the game. He is seriously one of the creepiest perverts who ever lived. You need to be pretty bad to have "sadism" named after you.

I HIGHLY doubt that there will be any sexually expicit content as listed in the rating. They are probably all in dialogs and references. I think it's almost impossible that there will be any beatiality or deviancy depicted in game at all.......unless we walk in on de Sade red dead style like that scene with the Mexican revolutionary.

But worst case scenario de Sade answers the door half naked and is pulled back into the house by prostitutes and a dude dressed like a nun.(because he's that weird I wouldn't put something like this past making it in game as a reference to his.......uniqueness)