PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think the parkour is too fast?

Yozziee
09-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi, after watching the unity gameplay demos I can't help but notice that Arno seems to fly across gaps and speed up when doing jumps to the point where its just weird, compared to AC3/4 where you still had that sluggish feel but could get around this seems like you are a paper air plane.

playlisting
09-24-2014, 08:19 PM
I haven't noticed it. Can you link a video and say what time it's happening at?

Yozziee
09-24-2014, 10:45 PM
I haven't noticed it. Can you link a video and say what time it's happening at?

Hm, I noticed it right away. Here is a video where I notice it the most https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eWGtDMKdPw

Most noticable at 1:20 and 4:30. It won't affect gameplay at all, just seems a bit strange.

strigoi1958
09-24-2014, 11:57 PM
looks quick but then that didn't bother me..... but the video just whets my appetite for the game. Looks incredible and I've just found a site where it's cheap

Fatal-Feit
09-25-2014, 12:02 AM
I agree, the parkour does seem a lot more floaty than before. In some gameplay videos, Arno is climbing up walls without grabbing onto any ledges like Spider-Man and some animations seems to be cut in half, sort of. Well, not cut in half, but it doesn't look convincing enough. It's as though he's on air or something.

v.mac
09-25-2014, 12:46 PM
As Fatal-Feit says, itīs more like Spiderman. I understand why Ubis have made it like this. The first AC game I play was Black flag and when I was jumping over roofs it was more realistic when my hero stucked in that freerun because he canīt reach easily edge of roofs, stumble within run between crowds and physicly he never canīt afford the more flexibility. So when people play it they need more patience and it can hold back them. If Ubi want to have game which is more for mainstream they need to make game where fluency of run is in their basic - itīs a reason why Ubi make new parkour system.. Imagine Arno how he can hardly get down from the top of Notre dome in real world. I agree with both of you. In my opinion realy wierd is move in 5:15 - 5:17 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZgR8TYYYIA and jumping down 5:23 - 5:30.