PDA

View Full Version : Things you would like to appear in ACU, but won't

dimbismp
09-24-2014, 04:33 PM
I think that everyone had expectations/hopes about ACU that will most probably won't appear in the game,based on the interviews,trailers,demos etc.Of course arguments like "I wanted the next AC to take place in China/Egypt/Japan/london etc,so i am dissapointed" are invalid :P.This doesn't mean that the game won't be good though...It just means that you are slightly dissapointed about something you hoped to make an appearance.
So,mine:
-No hood on/off (presumably)
-No proper disguise
-Sword Duels

Aphex_Tim
09-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Sharks with lasers.

However, with all the customization options, there might just be an option to simply unequip the hood. We'll find out in a month!

marvelfannumber
09-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Here's mine

- Paris being historically accurate enough for my extremely picky tastes

- MOAR CITIES, come on, when are we gonna get back to atleast the AC2 city count?

- A VS. Mode for the multiplayer

dimbismp
09-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Sharks with lasers.

However, with all the customization options, there might just be an option to simply unequip the hood. We'll find out in a month!

Not seamlessly though!! :cool:

Aphex_Tim
09-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Well, with Unity's creative director, you'll never know... :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
09-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Connor.

dxsxhxcx
09-24-2014, 04:55 PM
- MOAR CITIES, come on, when are we gonna get back to atleast the AC2 city count? THIS! I getting tired of these huge cities, IMO AC1/2 style was far more interesting. plus: - VR Training Room; - difficulty settings; - harder combat; - proper modern day protagonist;

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Connor.

Pretty much.

And the traditional red and white Assassin robe colors.

dimbismp
09-24-2014, 05:00 PM
harder combat;
I won't lose hope until i play the game...As for the cities number,i think ACU is ideal.I love huge cities with many landmarks like paris.Plus there is that village Vendee or something and the Versailles

I am 99% sure you can customise that

marvelfannumber
09-24-2014, 05:04 PM
I won't lose hope until i play the game...As for the cities number,i think ACU is ideal.I love huge cities with many landmarks like paris.Plus there is that village Vendee or something and the Versailles

I agree but Versailles is not very big and looks really similar to Paris.

My ideal choices would have been:

- Paris

- Versailles (Palace and countryside)

- Reims

- Mont Saint Michel

GreySkellig
09-24-2014, 05:11 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10646891_545887935512120_7832922915133546021_n.jpg ?oh=688b0aed47536f275ff5d8bc4967e93a&oe=5485E0C6&__gda__=1422683162_b2bf4bab147fda95c95e958dedb6b00 6

Eh?

For my own part, I'm sad about no local co-op. I know all the reasons it doesn't make sense, and I respect them. But that doesn't stop me from wanting what I can't have.

Also, a fleshed out disguise system would have been nice. It makes sense for the series, so when are we going to get one? I hate the missions that require you to wear a disguise specifically because they rub in my face how cool it would be as an actual feature instead of a mission-specific element.

I'm also concerned this will be AC3: Part 2 inasmuch as it will present a simplistic view of incredibly complex events. I mean, if Ubi couldn't clearly represent the American Revolution, I expect their portrayal of the French Revolution to be absolutely silly with inaccuracies and gross generalization.

king-hailz
09-24-2014, 05:17 PM
A modern day that is good... also I was hoping for a China game...

JustPlainQuirky
09-24-2014, 05:19 PM
A modern day that is good....

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA3LzE4Lzc1L0RyLldoby41Mjg5ZC5naWYKcAl0aH VtYgkxMjAweDk2MDA-/571ec44d/6da/Dr.-Who.gif

Megas_Doux
09-24-2014, 05:22 PM
A dense, grim, gritty, menacing forest instead of the family friendly XVIII century version of Paks and recreation seen in AC III.....

DumbGamerTag94
09-24-2014, 05:36 PM
I agree but Versailles is not very big and looks really similar to Paris.

My ideal choices would have been:

- Paris

- Versailles (Palace and countryside)

- Reims

- Mont Saint Michel

They have both the palace and the city of Versailles fully explorable. As well as the city of Vendee.(for some reason I also strongly believe there will also either be an explorable city if Toulon or at least a side mission set there due to it's extreme significance to the revolution and the rise of Napoleon)

While they may not me the most visually diverse from Paris, both cities were excellent choices as I'm confident they were selected for EXTREMELY important historical significance to add to the story. Because if you want excitement outside of the city of Paris historically during the Revolution. Then those two places are perfect choices. And THE place to be.

GoldenBoy9999
09-24-2014, 07:08 PM
I would like the gold color option to return. I know we can pick from a wide range of colors but I don't remember if gold was one of them. I did see some gold weapons though.

I want a hood on/off option.

I'd also like if we could go on the outskirts of town. In some videos and screenshots, I've seen a rural and almost country side area. I'd really like to run in the grass and behind hay bales and stuff for just a little while although I am very excited that the open spaces of AC3 are seemingly gone. The countryside in Sir, You are Being Hunted makes me want to get the game just for the setting.

I wonder who I can contact at Ubisoft to tell them about my gold color predicament. Surely it wouldn't be that hard. Some art programmer person could just fool around on their color pallet until they found a good one and then made it an option. What do you need an extra $30? I'll pay you. I heard if you send them a letter in the post they'll actually read it.

Kakuzu745
09-24-2014, 07:35 PM
A dense, grim, gritty, menacing forest.

This!

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-24-2014, 08:43 PM

CONFIRMED! :)

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Assassins_Creed_Unity_COOP_RefillPoint_1409669060. jpg

I'm so happy about that.

Also as for the OP's request of hood on/off... didn't someone pause one of the demos when they open the equipment screen up and noted that it appears as though there IS an option to toggle the hood? Perhaps it's been debunked. And of course, without seeing it selected, it's impossible to know FOR SURE but the symbol seemed to suggest it if I recall.

Edit: whoops, someone already posted the photo. My bad. Well... still!

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-24-2014, 08:48 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10646891_545887935512120_7832922915133546021_n.jpg ?oh=688b0aed47536f275ff5d8bc4967e93a&oe=5485E0C6&__gda__=1422683162_b2bf4bab147fda95c95e958dedb6b00 6

Woooooott!!

ze_topazio
09-24-2014, 08:56 PM
Marseille

Pistol and sword duels

http://streetsofsalem.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/duel-royal-1798-bm.jpg

http://chrishollisartist.goldenkipper.com/duel.jpg

Carriage races

GunnerGalactico
09-24-2014, 09:16 PM

This pic has been posted before.

Shahkulu101
09-24-2014, 09:20 PM
Elise not dying.

pacmanate
09-24-2014, 09:23 PM
The ability to choose if I want 1 hidden blade or 2.

Sushiglutton
09-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Good question! Besides more and better of everything good and less of the bad stuff, I'm not really sure tbh. I think the elements I want in the game are there and I need to play it to know how good they are. I hope there's some tomb like content, but that hasn't really been confirmed yet (even though the DLC looks like a massive tomb)?

pacmanate
09-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Good question! Besides more and better of everything good and less of the bad stuff, I'm not really sure tbh. I think the elements I want in the game are there and I need to play it to know how good they are. I hope there's some tomb like content, but that hasn't really been confirmed yet (even though the DLC looks like a massive tomb)?

The DLC is an entirely new map I thought.

Alphacos007
09-24-2014, 11:16 PM
A modern day that is good... also I was hoping for a China game...http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA3LzE4Lzc1L0RyLldoby41Mjg5ZC5naWYKcAl0aH VtYgkxMjAweDk2MDA-/571ec44d/6da/Dr.-Who.gif

I couldn't had laughed more of that.
Still, I wish it was possible. Modern days always interested me :/

GoldenBoy9999
09-24-2014, 11:36 PM
The DLC is an entirely new map I thought.

Yep, you get the new rural town called Saint Denis and the big underground labyrinth of crypts.

Megas_Doux
09-24-2014, 11:43 PM
The ability to choose if I want 1 hidden blade or 2.

True.

SixKeys
09-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Pistol and sword duels

http://streetsofsalem.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/duel-royal-1798-bm.jpg

These guys have the worst aim.

Megas_Doux
09-24-2014, 11:48 PM
I just saw this:

-Morally Grey Characters
- Realistic Relationship between Arno & Elise
- Non Cartoon-ish Villains
- Landmarks play a Major part in the overall plot
- Consistent Narrative
- Side Quests are meaningful...
- Consistent Characters!
( Looking at you AC2)
- No Cliches
- An actual representation of the French Revolution

How do you know none of that stuff will be featured?????

- A realistic representation of Historical Figures. ( Kinda like AC3)

So I assume you want more stuff in the likes throwing boxes into the sea, assembling Ben Franklin´s oven and the all time fan favorite of Taxidriving Paul Revere!!!!!!! Yeah, I´m with you, imagine these super exciting missions:

1- Write revolutionary essays and print them!!!!! Full sync if you to do so without orthographic errors.
2- Prepare Roberspierre´s favorite coffee.
3- Help Marie Antoinette getting her hairstyle done.
4 -Clean Louis XVI ´s stables.

AAA quality stuff definitely....

I-Like-Pie45
09-24-2014, 11:59 PM
Surrender Button

ze_topazio
09-25-2014, 12:25 AM

Notice how one of them is even firing to the air.

The French national football team equipment as an extra outfit.

Namikaze_17
09-25-2014, 01:00 AM
I just saw this:

How do you know none of that stuff will be featured?????

So I assume you want more stuff in the likes throwing boxes into the sea, assembling Ben Franklin´s oven and the all time fan favorite of Taxidriving Paul Revere!!!!!!! Yeah, I´m with you, imagine these super exciting missions:

1- Write revolutionary essays and print them!!!!! Full sync if you to do so without orthographic errors.
2- Prepare Roberspierre´s favorite coffee.
3- Help Marie Antoinette getting her hairstyle done.
4 -Clean Louis XVI ´s stables.

AAA quality stuff definitely....

I apologize if I didn't reply sooner, but I simply misread the title friend...

I thought it said: "Things you would like to appear in ACU"

Not "Things you would like to appear in ACU BUT WON'T"

Hence why I deleted my post...Relax friend. :)

EDIT: And what pick the more mudane tasks of AC3? It had some good and heartfelt ones as well.

Isn't like AC2 didn't have any mundane side Quests either.

HDinHB
09-25-2014, 06:47 AM
French accents
Thomas Jefferson
Fun, challenging, tomb-like tombs
Altaïr's sword

I'm still hopeful for some of these.

topeira1980
09-25-2014, 09:08 AM

ROFL!

a second after than painting was made another one was made with a dead bird on the ground.

ANYWAYS, things im not likely to see in ACU but i wish i would:

-a difficult and rewarding experience or difficulty settings. man, i've been praying for this for years! every game i've been forcing myself to have a challenge by not upgrading my characters and not using medicine, not fixing my armor ever etc etc.

- a deep and tough combat. as much as alex has been saying that combat will be harder i just dont believe him. we were promised a lot of times that the combat will be harder and it only became more simplistic and easier. AC4 was a LOT easier than AC:R, for example. AC1 had a much better combat system than most ACs that came after.
i hope they have learned their lesson and the GAMEINFORMER video about combat is encouraging but.... i just dont trust the AC franchise to deliver a fun combat....

- a decent rural environment. i LOVE(!!!) the paris settings. i was waiting for paris for a long long time (since AC2) and im stocked to be playing there, but i also would like a true rural places like forests, small villages, quiet places, serene locations.... hiding in the woods like in AC3 or even the little villages of italy was a great change of pace and gameplay but not likely to be here.

- random and CHALLENGING events. things that happen in the streets that are NOT scripted and require good stealth, parkour or combat skills. if ACU is a game i like i dont want it to be over. i want to have stuff to do over and over where i can enjoy the fun mechanics. maybe the co-op missions will give me that but usually UBI creates scenarios that are very limited in how you're supposed to complete them instead of letting you do things YOUR way so i dont trust them with this either. i hope im wrong.

- riding horses.

- small mundane activities like eating, resting, sleeping, buying beverages in bars and doing some small things that will make the world feel alive and not a settings. that's what makes elder scrolls game worlds feel convincing - you dont just fight orcs, you also do what ppl do in the real world like talking to ppl, buying food, sleeping etc.

FR0ZENZiNE
09-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Jesper Kyd.

ze_topazio
09-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Jesper Kyd.

True.

Namikaze_17
09-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Jesper Kyd.

^ This.

And Lorne Balfe. :)

LieutenantRex
09-25-2014, 03:24 PM
A freakin' day and night cycle.

Kakuzu745
09-25-2014, 08:02 PM
EDIT: And what pick the more mudane tasks of AC3? It had some good and heartfelt ones as well.

Isn't like AC2 didn't have any mundane side Quests either.

Yes but AC3 overdid it :p

pacmanate
09-25-2014, 08:06 PM
Yes but AC3 overdid it :p

And were repetitive and the "Items" missions gave you less reward than how much money you spent making the items.

I played AC2 last week, the side contracts are at least varied and isn't AC3's "Go here, find guy, kill".

Namikaze_17
09-26-2014, 12:45 AM
And were repetitive and the "Items" missions gave you less reward than how much money you spent making the items.

I played AC2 last week, the side contracts are at least varied and isn't AC3's "Go here, find guy, kill".

That's basically what an AC2 side contract is. "Find the guy, kill him." But I guess since some Said: "Kill him without being seen" that's all that matters...i'm not convinced.

But I'll give you that about the weapons thing...I only got them to see the Animations Connor would do. :rolleyes:

Kakuzu745
09-26-2014, 01:59 AM
That's basically what an AC2 side contract is. "Find the guy, kill him." But I guess since some Said: "Kill him without being seen" that's all that matters...i'm not convinced.

But I'll give you that about the weapons thing...I only got them to see the Animations Connor would do. :rolleyes:

Well, even that small thing can give a little variety ;)

Namikaze_17
09-26-2014, 02:06 AM
Well, even that small thing can give a little variety ;)

There was variety in AC3 Contracts, it was solely you're choice if you wanted to do things stealthy or go in like Rambo.
:rolleyes:

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 02:31 AM
There was variety in AC3 Contracts, it was solely you're choice if you wanted to do things stealthy or go in like Rambo.

Actually the AC2 contracts were way better. They would sometimes have guards walking with them and you can't be seen, they might have a guarded perimeter etc.

In AC3 it was always just a random guy walking around on his own.

Namikaze_17
09-26-2014, 02:49 AM
Actually the AC2 contracts were way better. They would sometimes have guards walking with them and you can't be seen, they might have a guarded perimeter etc.

In AC3 it was always just a random guy walking around on his own.

True...but there were some guarded in forts and such. And sometimes in secluded areas in the frontier.

But I see your point... ;)

RinoTheBouncer
09-26-2014, 10:20 AM
Proper Modern Day
Proper First Civ. (I hope I’m wrong)
The Eiffel Tower

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 02:28 PM
The Eiffel Tower

Whayyyy history!!!

RinoTheBouncer
09-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Whayyyy history!!!
I know. Which is why I’m listing as one of the things I want but won’t happen. I’ve always hoped we could go to Paris, synch a viewpoint atop the Eiffel Tower (like I did earlier in June on the Eiffel Tower and in front of Notre Dame just for AC:U), but I know it’s historically inaccurate to place it. So I find that as an opportunity wasted.

Imagine if the game ends with the Assassins burying a P.O.E. or the entrance to a First Civ. Temple right where the Eiffel Tower stands and building the Eiffel tower to keep it from being re-discovered. No wonder why it looks like an Assassin logo :P

I-Like-Pie45
09-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Elise feet

JustPlainQuirky
09-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Good music.

I-Like-Pie45
09-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Arno works at an Arby's

Reaper-59
09-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Having 2 buttons for Free-run again (Which by the look of it, that is what it is)
Adewale's machete and sheath from Freedom Cry
L1 button to lock on to your target while fighting again.
Able to throw your main weapon into an enemy.
Hood up, hood down button
More side games (e.g. Card games, dice games, chess)
Being able to choose between 1 hidden blade or 2.
Just a few things I can think of.

Matknapers18
09-28-2014, 03:03 PM
I wanna ride up the Seine in a gondola. Just like those good AC2 days. Doubt it will happen though.
Carriage or Horse riding? Seems unfitting that they aren't in the game despite the pivotal role they played at the time.
And of course, split-screen co-op.

RinoTheBouncer
09-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I wanna ride up the Seine in a gondola. Just like those good AC2 days. Doubt it will happen though.
Carriage or Horse riding? Seems unfitting that they aren't in the game despite the pivotal role they played at the time.
And of course, split-screen co-op.

I always wondered why there aren’t any horses or carriages that we can ride in Paris, and same for gondolas, boats or whatever they’re called.
Nice avatar, btw.

LoyalACFan
09-28-2014, 10:22 PM

Only the most hopeless AC3 apologist would call those "contracts" better than AC2's pigeon coop missions. AC2's weren't all amazing, but they at least involved stealth and infiltration, with a little bit of exposition provided by Lorenzo. In AC3 you can literally just walk straight up to your "target" (aka a random guy walking around with a rifle) and stab him in the face. There was ZERO effort put into making them engaging. They should have been axed altogether if they were going to be that pathetic.

marvelfannumber
09-28-2014, 10:25 PM
I always wondered why there aren’t any horses or carriages that we can ride in Paris, and same for gondolas, boats or whatever they’re called.
Nice avatar, btw.

Then again, riding a horse through those crowds doesn't seem like the most fun experience honestly.....Unless you could knock them all over like in AC1 that is! AHAHAHAHAHAAHA.....I have issues.

RinoTheBouncer
09-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Then again, riding a horse through those crowds doesn't seem like the most fun experience honestly.....Unless you could knock them all over like in AC1 that is! AHAHAHAHAHAAHA.....I have issues.

I’m replaying the whole franchise, as we speak. Now I’m in Brotherhood, but I did run over the crowds near Damascus and the rest in ACI, they looked like dominoes, HAHA!

Alphacos007
09-28-2014, 10:39 PM
HAHA, I could imagine the fun it would be to run through the Paris crouds with a horse, knocking everyone out AC1-style. I wish we had that.

hood3dassassin5
09-28-2014, 11:01 PM
-Split-screen co-op
-A 3rd-person modern day story that has tons as missions with as much action as our experience in the animus
-customizable UI
-Missions that aren't repetitive
-Connor making his reappearance in Unity

JustPlainQuirky
09-28-2014, 11:05 PM
-Connor making his reappearance in Unity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa8NREI_IPs

marvelfannumber
09-28-2014, 11:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH2SHEg7zFI

Ah those were the days.......

I still have no clue how you hack a trailer, but man......sure were awesome times to be alive I'll say.

LieutenantRex
09-28-2014, 11:17 PM
A playable female character.

hood3dassassin5
09-28-2014, 11:30 PM
That,that was beautiful.

#Letsstartariotagainstubisoftanddemandthemtoputcon norinunityoratleastroguedlc

marvelfannumber
09-28-2014, 11:33 PM
#Letsstartariotagainstubisoftanddemandthemtoputcon norinunityoratleastroguedlc

YES! Let's hack as many Ubisoft tailers as we can!

Viva la revolution!

maxometer123
09-28-2014, 11:36 PM
day/night cycle and dynamic weather :(

hood3dassassin5
09-28-2014, 11:40 PM
Bring out the virtual pitchforks!

marvelfannumber
09-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Bring out the virtual pitchforks!

And the heads!

RinoTheBouncer
09-29-2014, 12:48 AM
Well first I mentioned

1. Proper Modern Day.
2. Proper First Civ. Story, Artifacts and Temples.
3. The Eiffel Tower

I wanna add:

4. Elise DLC
5. A Happy Ending for Elise and Arno, instead of a cliché sad try-too-hard-to-be-deep sad ending.
6. Connor

JustPlainQuirky
09-29-2014, 12:51 AM
oh yeah

1. Proper Modern Day
2. Good Music
3. Connor
4. Elise DLC
5. Significant Modern Day Plot Progression

And I guess a Piece of Eden that actually innovates gameplay. (as in a PoE that is used outside cutscenes and contextual button prompts)

I-Like-Pie45
09-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Nuuu Mayrice

JustPlainQuirky
09-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Waht

I-Like-Pie45
09-29-2014, 12:57 AM
PoE are overpowered scripted poopoo

and only thing poopoo good for is flinging at people

JustPlainQuirky
09-29-2014, 01:01 AM
I wanted a PoE that could control weather in AC Rogue.

I-Like-Pie45
09-29-2014, 01:03 AM
NUUUU

Why would you want to control the weather

That throws the agriculture way out of wack and with it the economy

JustPlainQuirky
09-29-2014, 01:05 AM
**** the economy

I'm a god damn templar.

Rollin' in riches.

HDinHB
09-29-2014, 01:11 AM
Did anyone mention hot air balloons?

I-Like-Pie45
09-29-2014, 01:14 AM
lovely arm hair screenshot of Elise with a little adorable fem mustache

Megas_Doux
09-29-2014, 03:51 AM
Only the most hopeless AC3 apologist would call those "contracts" better than AC2's pigeon coop missions. AC2's weren't all amazing, but they at least involved stealth and infiltration, with a little bit of exposition provided by Lorenzo. In AC3 you can literally just walk straight up to your "target" (aka a random guy walking around with a rifle) and stab him in the face. There was ZERO effort put into making them engaging. They should have been axed altogether if they were going to be that pathetic.

AC II´s contracts are NOT the cherry on the cake, but AC III´s dont even have a context or gameplay....

I would have enjoyed horses in Paris!!! Also a dark, dense forest with a countryside too....

Fatal-Feit
09-29-2014, 04:02 AM
All of the ******* DLCs.

Reaper-59
09-29-2014, 06:23 PM
All of the ******* DLCs.

Ha ha. Oh how I remember the good old days when you unlocked more stuff for games just by simply completing them.

Hans684
09-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Not me in any other way than dead.

ze_topazio
09-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Drivable carriages.

dimbismp
09-29-2014, 10:30 PM
The dark atmosphere.From what we have seen so far it will be a little bit more dark than previous games at most.

topeira1980
09-29-2014, 11:46 PM
* difficulty settings or a HARD game mode
* day \ night cycle
* deep combat
* randomly generated infinite FUN missions

Kakuzu745
09-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Ha ha. Oh how I remember the good old days when you unlocked more stuff for games just by simply completing them.

Good old times...now you just need a credit card and barely any skill at all.

Matknapers18
09-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Nice avatar, btw.

Thanks, I love me some Yusuf.

And I imagine the horses wouldn't work with these massive crowds. Riding through a crowd of 3000 NPC's knocking each one over would just cause the game to die. Although it would be hilarious to watch. I just want a single mission where we can ride a horse/carriage. Like when we escorted Leonardo through the mountains in AC2.

But I don't see why we cant have boats/gondolas. sad face.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 04:57 PM
I only want horses to return if the horses actually move like horses... They need a massive overhaul if they will bring them back for this gen. RDR quality minimum.

Matknapers18
09-30-2014, 05:21 PM
I only want horses to return if the horses actually move like horses... They need a massive overhaul if they will bring them back for this gen. RDR quality minimum.

I agree. I hated that, in previous games, we could only gallop/sprint in certain locations. And the horses in AC3 had stamina, but we had no way of seeing how much stamina our horse had. RDR is the only game I've played that got horses right.

RinoTheBouncer
09-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks, I love me some Yusuf.

And I imagine the horses wouldn't work with these massive crowds. Riding through a crowd of 3000 NPC's knocking each one over would just cause the game to die. Although it would be hilarious to watch. I just want a single mission where we can ride a horse/carriage. Like when we escorted Leonardo through the mountains in AC2.

But I don't see why we cant have boats/gondolas. sad face.

You’re welcome! I’m playing AC:R as we speak, as a part of my AC marathon before the release of Rogue and Unity, and I just met Yusuf. He’s amazing!

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 06:13 PM
I did my AC yearly playthrough so bloody weird this year.

I went - AC1, ACR, AC4, Freedom Cry, AC2, ACB.

But who cares :p

Matknapers18
09-30-2014, 06:18 PM
You’re welcome! I’m playing AC:R as we speak, as a part of my AC marathon before the release of Rogue and Unity, and I just met Yusuf. He’s amazing!

He was just such a likeable character. ACR should have been his game in my opinion, but I think most would disagree.

That death as well. One of the saddest moments for me in whole AC series.

And good luck on your marathon ;D

RinoTheBouncer
09-30-2014, 06:22 PM
I did my AC yearly playthrough so bloody weird this year.

I went - AC1, ACR, AC4, Freedom Cry, AC2, ACB.

But who cares :p

You finished? I’m still going through it, including all DLC and Liberation. Still going through AC;R and got ACIII, ACIV (and their DLC) and AC:L hehe.

He was just such a likeable character. ACR should have been his game in my opinion, but I think most would disagree.

That death as well. One of the saddest moments for me in whole AC series.

And good luck on your marathon ;D

He was really likable and I was really sad that he died so soon. I loved what AC:R added to Ezio’s story, it’s my favorite AC game alongside ACII. However, playing AC:R makes me want a full DLC or a new game starring Yusuf. He’s an Assassin and a likable character and I’m sure he has a much deeper story than just helping Ezio out during AC:R.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 06:31 PM
You finished? I’m still going through it, including all DLC and Liberation. Still going through AC;R and got ACIII, ACIV (and their DLC) and AC:L hehe.

Yep. At first I was just playing them randomly, hence the dodgy order, but then I remembered that when I get to uni (2 days ago) i wouldnt have my PS3. So I blitzed AC4, Freedom Cry, AC2 and ACB over about 5 weeks. Story only, except for ACB. I managed to renovate the whole of Rome without even trying. I think its cause I didnt bother buying any weapons or armor so I had all the monies.

Pandassin
09-30-2014, 06:45 PM
1. An Elise DLC.
2. Day/Night cycle + dynamic weather.

That's it really.

Matknapers18
09-30-2014, 06:58 PM
He was really likable and I was really sad that he died so soon. I loved what AC:R added to Ezio’s story, it’s my favorite AC game alongside ACII. However, playing AC:R makes me want a full DLC or a new game starring Yusuf. He’s an Assassin and a likable character and I’m sure he has a much deeper story than just helping Ezio out during AC:R.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS MY PAIN.

Playing as young Yusuf as he grows up in the streets of Istanbul would be freakin awesome.

His wiki says "Yusuf had become well known in the city as a vigilante and petty thief, which later caught the attention of Vizier and Assassin Ishak Pasha. Taken in by the man's charisma, Yusuf joined the Order just before he turned twenty"

That just sounds so perfect to me.

Democrito_71
09-30-2014, 08:52 PM
I love that we'll be able to customize Arnos skills,weapons & gear. What I really miss and would really enjoy if it was in Unity or in future installments, would be if Ubi had a customizable option so we could choose if the main character to fight either right-handed or left-handed for all weaponry. That give us the players the power to really personalize our own assassin. Some people are left-handed, why not give them + all other AC-players the opportunity to play as a left-handed assassin?

Reaper-59
09-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Finished my AC play through about 2 hours ago. AC, ACII, ACIII, ACIV, ACIV Freedom Cry and Liberation. I gotta admit, I didn't think much too ACIV when I finished it the first time, but it enjoyed it more this time on my second play through.

RinoTheBouncer
10-01-2014, 12:41 PM
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS MY PAIN.

Playing as young Yusuf as he grows up in the streets of Istanbul would be freakin awesome.

His wiki says "Yusuf had become well known in the city as a vigilante and petty thief, which later caught the attention of Vizier and Assassin Ishak Pasha. Taken in by the man's charisma, Yusuf joined the Order just before he turned twenty"

That just sounds so perfect to me.

YES, MINE TOO!
He’s totally worth it. I’m sure they can make him travel to other locations if they’re concerned about repeating Istanbul, but I’m sure there’s more to Turkey than what we’ve seen so far.

Yep. At first I was just playing them randomly, hence the dodgy order, but then I remembered that when I get to uni (2 days ago) i wouldnt have my PS3. So I blitzed AC4, Freedom Cry, AC2 and ACB over about 5 weeks. Story only, except for ACB. I managed to renovate the whole of Rome without even trying. I think its cause I didnt bother buying any weapons or armor so I had all the monies.

Yeah. I didn’t really upgrade much. I found myself synching many missions 100% without trying too hard. I was focusing mainly on story, but some stuff just happened as I played through.

Aphex_Tim
10-06-2014, 07:01 AM
I love the little mechanic in AC3 and 4 where if you're up against a wall, you simply press X to climb up. Gives you a little more control and you can basically climb stuff without ever having to use the trigger. Not sure if it will be necessary in AC:U with the new free-running system but I'd love to see it returned.

Landruner
10-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Things you would like to appear in ACU, but won't?No fake advertizing and no micro-transactions, French accents, Day/ Night circle like before, and more importantly no more bull-crap but that won't happen

IIVeterano
10-06-2014, 12:37 PM

I agree. I hated that, in previous games, we could only gallop/sprint in certain locations. And the horses in AC3 had stamina, but we had no way of seeing how much stamina our horse had. RDR is the only game I've played that got horses right.

Oh God, don't even get me start with those bloody horses...
Was recently playing AC3, the horses in that are terrible. They would literally not jump over ANYTHING, even when I have been sittin' there trying to get them to jump over one damn ledge!
As for them horses return? I wouldn't mind, it would be nice to see Arno galloping across Paris with hundreds of Revolutionists following his lead.
But please, fix the damn horses.

impactx2714
10-13-2014, 07:11 PM
I am so disheartened to find out that the traditional multiplayer has been stricken from this next installment (Unity). I have purchased every title since the franchise began, and with the introduction to multiplayer, I was extremely excited. I have spent most of my time playing the player against player multiplayer portion of the game. Even in favor of the single player story mode. I believe that it is one of the best multiplayer franchises ever built. Having said that, I will not be buying this game solely based on the fact that there is no player against player multiplayer. The co-op mode does not interest me in the least. The strategy, playing with and against strangers in the different traditional multiplayer modes is what I liked so well. I can only hope that Ubisoft decides to bring back the player against player multiplayer. Otherwise, my allegiance to the franchise will end with Black Flag. Sometimes, its better not to mess with something that has been working for so long. Change is good, but don't assume that a previous component is not important any longer. As in my case, it is the sole component I buy the games for.

--Dansassin :(