PDA

View Full Version : Will Assassins Creed Become As Big As Star Wars?

EmbodyingSeven5
09-24-2014, 01:53 AM
as we know everyone knows of the star wars franchise. whether you know the story or not, you've heard the name at least once. could we look forward to this assassins creed franchise becoming as big as that. like star wars it has a large universe that can be fit all the time with new and interesting stories. also in my opinion the eternal conflict is much better and I am hoping that the upcoming movie will bring in an even larger fanbase whether gamer or not. could you imagine a fanbase in years full of men and woman who haven't played the games but have read the books or the comics or even just seen the movies...... like star wars. an ever expanding universe with new chronicles and a storyline that could go on for years. or do you think it will remain a hidden gem to many? would you rather the storyline remain smaller or have it expand? would you be ok with a larger diverse fanbase or do you want a gamer focused franchise. I have high hopes. what do you think?

also feel free to share hopes for movie! and possible sequels?

GoldenBoy9999
09-24-2014, 01:55 AM
No.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-24-2014, 01:56 AM
No.

lol. care to share why?

JustPlainQuirky
09-24-2014, 02:12 AM
AC? As big as the biggest movie franchise of all time?

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1310483412100.jpg

D.I.D.
09-24-2014, 02:21 AM
When Star Wars appeared at the end of the 70s, there was nothing like it. They'd struck gold with exceptionally good concept artists, visual effects artists, and Ben Burtt as a sound designer, all of them packing the movie to the gills with instantly iconic elements. George Lucas's original ideas and sketches were mostly terrible, but his team made it good. One of the things Lucas famously did right was the broad strokes. He understood there was value in a film that blended the spirits of samurai films, WWII films, fantasy stories and sci-fi, and got an exciting result that felt fresh rather than second-hand

Then you have AC, which doesn't have such fresh ingredients, and it's going to be way more obvious on a cinema screen than it was on your console. This is a saga that takes second-hand things and makes them nth-hand. It blends Lucas's Jedi and Sith, with The Matrix (also not a new idea even in its day), with The Da Vinci Code. It will be compared unfavourably with all three, and that's before we get to the sub-elements of assassin training which will get a huge sigh from an audience that's watched decades of master/pupil scenes in martial arts films, Batman, The Matrix (again) and remembers seeing The Karate Kid and raising kids that it took to see the remake of The Karate Kid.

At some point, the First Civilisation are going to walk onto the screen in neon robes and start talking in floaty monotones about some nonsense. Nobody is going to like this. They may become angry.

TL;DR: No.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-24-2014, 02:24 AM
LOL yeah. got a little carried away with this one. but can we still shoot for resident evil famous?

D.I.D.
09-24-2014, 02:25 AM
LOL yeah. got a little carried away with this one. but can we still shoot for resident evil famous?

:D From Star Wars to Uwe Boll. Yes, I think they can manage that, and probably beat it as a film franchise.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-24-2014, 02:33 AM
good night everyone! I will be watchin

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBfvzHO9YIp_cj5yd6IEOYf08tUmxgO TGUlvRkyuFtdK7CB7ZH

Xstantin
09-24-2014, 02:57 AM
I hope not tbh. And I'm not talking about popularity here - I'm talking about ever growing universe which becomes a pain to trudge through.

SixKeys
09-24-2014, 03:39 AM

You went from Star Wars to Resident Evil. That's like saying "Do you think I could ever become as famous as Jesus of Nazareth? No? Well, how about Peewee Herman?"

Namikaze_17
09-24-2014, 04:06 AM
Random Thread is Random...

Fatal-Feit
09-24-2014, 04:10 AM
Yes it will.

Video games are become increasingly popular, and the Assassin's Creed brand is both huge and world-wide in the gaming industry.

GoldenBoy9999
09-24-2014, 04:10 AM
I really like the universe of AC and how it all connects. I feel like the movie could either add new fans if it's good, or solidify people's dislike of video games if it's confusing. I would like more fans and a bigger universe.

I don't know about a partly non-gamer fanbase. There's not that many non game AC stories. There's some, and if you read these you'd probably buy the games soon after.

I think AC can grow bigger than Resident Evil because it's had mediocre games recently while AC continues to grow its fanbase and universe.

LoyalACFan
09-24-2014, 07:08 AM
Yes it will.

Video games are become increasingly popular, and the Assassin's Creed brand is both huge and world-wide in the gaming industry.

So you're saying it will be the biggest sleeper hit of all time? Unlikely... If Assassin's Creed had launched into the gaming world to instantaneous and unprecedented mass appeal and revolutionized the way games were made for decades to come, you might have a point, because that's essentially what Star Wars did for cinema (for better or for worse). As popular as AC is and as much as I like it, it has never made anywhere near that much impact. Ask anyone on the street if they know who George Lucas is, and you'll get more yeses than nos. Ask them who Patrice Desilets is, and you'll get confused shrugs.

@OP, I also find it laughable that AC will ever garner a non-gamer fanbase, even if the movie is a hit. Almost everyone who buys AC media are diehard fans who have played every single one of the games. The supplementary material just fleshes out what they already know.

LatinaC09
09-24-2014, 12:39 PM
The only way I see Assassin's Creed becoming as big as Star Wars is if the movie is absolutely amazing and it captures people's interest (think Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.). A lot of people who don't game do not know what Assassin's Creed even is (as terrible as that may be). If the movie does exceptionally well and branches off with more movies and other content then I could see this becoming big. Maybe not necessarily as big as Star Wars but much bigger than it is now.

Journey93
09-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Jesus I hope not
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in perfect star wars manner
I hate it when stuff becomes way too mainstream that there are references in moves, tv shows etc. (Star Wars is basically everywhere and I hate it)

And the so-called Expanded Universe of Star wars is basically glorified fan fiction very bad trust me
Thanks for this nightmare thread OP

Kakuzu745
09-24-2014, 06:24 PM
You went from Star Wars to Resident Evil. That's like saying "Do you think I could ever become as famous as Jesus of Nazareth? No? Well, how about Peewee Herman?"

Hahahaha you really made me laugh with that one.

Megas_Doux
09-24-2014, 06:26 PM
LOL no!!!!

Hans684
09-24-2014, 06:50 PM
If it ends up replacing history books one day, then yes.

poptartz20
09-24-2014, 07:49 PM
AC? As big as the biggest movie franchise of all time?

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1310483412100.jpg

Haha... this image reminds me of Sidspyker. He's been gone for awhile now...

but to answer the question.. I don't think that AC will be nearly as popular as Star Wars. I do believe it is or will become apart of pop culture at some point,because tons of people will know about it. Even if you never played the games. I mean hooded men with switchblade attached to their arms. Iconic right? lol.