PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed PC ports

mymac98
09-23-2014, 11:48 PM
I have been hearing bad things about previous assassins creed titles
The reason im asking is to know is it worth getting it unity on pc

Dag_B
09-23-2014, 11:58 PM
So what is your question? If some people had problems? Yes. I only had Black Flag but I needed an additional, non-Ubisoft programm, in order to run it correctly. (D3DOverrider, because the Ingame vsync was... ... not very good).
Bugs? Yes, but I am not sure if more that in console versions. They broke the forts at one point, so the screen would freeze, when you came near to a fort (but the game itself still worked, you could still hear the sounds of your ship and whether you got into a battle or not). As far as I know the only possible fix is to enable volumenetric fog... Weird thing. Otherwise I can remember some oddities (like the Jackdaw emerging from under the sea. Once, I sailed underwater.) but no real fat game breakers.
Gameplay? I played with a Playstation 3 controller (although I used MotionJoy, so Black Flag treated it as XBox360 controller) so I had no problems.

For all other games, I do not have personal experience, I played those on the PS3.

Fatal-Feit
09-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Well, there isn't an AC not worth picking up on PC if you have the rig to run it well. But Watch_Dogs's crappy port, which was recent and arguably ''deliberate'', can be terrifying. So far, that's the only Ubisoft title that I regret buying on PC. But then again, I would have regretted purchasing it on any platform.

strigoi1958
09-24-2014, 11:06 AM
It doesn't bother me if a game is written on a pacman arcade machine.... port or not is not important as long as a game is good and playable. I own every PC AC title and a fair few other Ubi games and I've never had any real problem except with graphics drivers.

As Fatal-Feit said Watch Dogs (for me) like other games, which ran great on my mid to high system (i5 3570k gtx670 jetstream 120 SSD) although it performed worse on very high spec systems the game was not great and I stopped playing after half way so I don't know if others were/ are still having issues.... the potential is there for it to be awesome if it continues like the AC games :D

Also as Fatal-Feit pointed out..... all AC title are great on PC and people have their favourite.... some were not keen on AC3 but it was brilliant and only just behind black flag for me. You can pick them up from ebay for a few / $/ euros

Mr_Shade
09-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Just to point out - apparently the latest Watch_Dogs patch improved performance on high end systems ;)

You can pick them up from ebay for a few / $/ euros

Only buy new copies though - since you need an unused product key on PC to play the game - so please check! :)