PDA

View Full Version : Is Unity the begining of a new Saga?

Journey93
09-23-2014, 09:04 PM
like AC3 was? It seems that way (from a gameplay perspective) but we also know that Rogue and Unity are somehow tied together
Also its not that much of a jump like from ACR to AC3 in terms of century/location etc.
But then again it takes place in France unlike the other titles in the Saga (AC:3, IV, Rogue)
What do you think?

ze_topazio
09-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Who knows?!

Sushiglutton
09-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Yeah I think it will be almost completely seperate from the Kenway saga. There will likely be one or two sequels with some kind of connection to Unity.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Could be.

HiddenKiller612
09-23-2014, 09:23 PM
More than likely, they're probably already working on Unity 2, and 3.

Hans684
09-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Yes, it's a new Journey.

cawatrooper
09-23-2014, 10:10 PM
This might just be wishful thinking, but I feel like Unity is Ubisoft's way of leaving the 1700s with a bang, before we go off to a new era.

Plus, it's often compared to AC1, which is the only game in the series without a direct sequel (besides the "flashbacks" in ACR)

ze_topazio
09-23-2014, 10:31 PM
This might just be wishful thinking, but I feel like Unity is Ubisoft's way of leaving the 1700s with a bang, before we go off to a new era.

Plus, it's often compared to AC1, which is the only game in the series without a direct sequel (besides the "flashbacks" in ACR)

Bloodlines.

and Altair's Chronicles which is a prequel.

cawatrooper
09-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Bloodlines.

and Altair's Chronicles which is a prequel.
Fair enough. They're not main console releases, is what I mean, though.

Jon253
09-23-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm hoping Unity kicks off a new Trilogy since the Napoleonic wars are coming up right after the timeline of Unity Ends.

Namikaze_17
09-23-2014, 10:58 PM
I'd be game for a Unity II...but no more than that.

Don't want things to feel stagnant...

Goxxi
09-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Good question and good topic ; )

I think it is a begin of a new saga , I am sure that next year we will get the AC game set during the Napoleonic wars (direct sequel to the Unity) , so then in 2016 they could go even further from Napoleon (maybe even untill the Napoleon III and Franco Prussian war)

Through AC2 , AC: Brotherhood and AC : Revelations we got a trilogy which covered the story of one character (Ezio) , then within the AC3 , AC4 : Black Flag and AC : Rogue we got another trilogy which covered the story of one entire family (Kenway) , so maybe this time they will go even further and we will get a brend new trilogy which cover a story of one entire country ( France in this case) , so after the Ezio and Kenways maybe this time the France might be in the center of the story and "protagonist" on some way.

ze_topazio
09-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Hopefully Arno goes to Cairo or Vienna or Prague or Berlin or Lisbon or Madrid or Saint Petersburg or Moscow, since naval battles happened we could have the return of naval missions à lá AC3, and this could allow for the return of Connor at least in a side story during the Quasi-war.

Reptilis91
09-23-2014, 11:27 PM
Yeah why not the french empire, but where would it be, things happening all over Europe.

LoyalACFan
09-23-2014, 11:27 PM
Hopefully Arno goes to Cairo or Vienna or Prague or Berlin or Lisbon or Madrid or Saint Petersburg or Moscow, since naval battles happened we could have the return of naval missions à lá AC3, and this could allow for the return of Connor at least in a side story during the Quasi-war.

IMO we should be done with naval warfare. It was great, but after three games in a row, it has overstayed its welcome. I don't think Arno (rich city kid) would make sense as a ship's captain either TBH.

ze_topazio
09-24-2014, 12:01 AM
IMO we should be done with naval warfare. It was great, but after three games in a row, it has overstayed its welcome. I don't think Arno (rich city kid) would make sense as a ship's captain either TBH.

It's not like Connor made much sense as a captain either, and most military leaders back in the days were rich city kids, naval is just one of the many extra activities of this franchise, obviously can't be used in every setting, but when possible, why not? open world naval game can't happen very often, but optional missions in small locations like in AC3 wouldn't hurt.

Fatal-Feit
09-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Naval would feel way too shoehorned in a Unity sequel.

ze_topazio
09-24-2014, 12:17 AM
During the French Revolutionary wars and Napoleonic wars there were naval battles happening.

LoyalACFan
09-24-2014, 12:20 AM
It's not like Connor made much sense as a captain either.

No he didn't, and I complained about that too. They shouldn't just say "hey, we've already nonsensically shoehorned naval gameplay into ONE character's skillset, let's do it again!"

Shahkulu101
09-24-2014, 12:24 AM
I'd only accept this if it was in a vastly different location - no more Western Europe. Napoleon was a nutter and was all over the place so we could have Egypt and other diverse settings.

Fatal-Feit
09-24-2014, 12:26 AM
The Napolean Trilogy/Saga. Napolean Saga sounds better.

ze_topazio
09-24-2014, 12:29 AM
French Escapades Saga

Namikaze_17
09-24-2014, 12:33 AM
People don't give Connor's Captain skills enough Credit... :(

I mean, he took out a Frigate on his first voyage for gods sake!

But he doesn't beat Edward though. :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
09-24-2014, 12:50 AM
He doesn't beat Shay either.

Reptilis91
09-24-2014, 12:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7D42Y6z.jpg

That's kind of a strong symbol no? Napoleon's hat, and Arno puting his foot on it.

Dead Kings is just after Unity, 1794, and it's dealing with french kings, Napoleon has nothing to do with it, he's just a general, so why that cover? Why not a crown?

DumbGamerTag94
09-24-2014, 01:13 AM
So if Unity ends in 1794(since Dead Kings takes place afterwards and it is in 1794)

Then I really think my idea of a French trilogy(which was my first ever post on here) may come to fruition!!!!!

Part 1(Unity): French Revolution 1789-1794
Part 2: French Revolutionary Wars in Italy and Egypt(where he gets his apple of Eden) 1794-1799
Part 3: Napoleonic wars 1805-1815

Namikaze_17
09-24-2014, 01:16 AM
He doesn't beat Shay either.

But Shay sails like Edward... :rolleyes:

GoldenBoy9999
09-24-2014, 01:17 AM
I'd take an Arno sequel because he seems like a pretty cool guy so far and they could explore other settings in the Napoleonic Wars. I do want it to be a pretty good change of setting though and not super similar to Paris's architectural style.

Hans684
09-24-2014, 04:57 AM
So if Unity ends in 1794(since Dead Kings takes place afterwards and it is in 1794)

Then I really think my idea of a French trilogy(which was my first ever post on here) may come to fruition!!!!!

Part 1(Unity): French Revolution 1789-1794
Part 2: French Revolutionary Wars in Italy and Egypt(where he gets his apple of Eden) 1794-1799
Part 3: Napoleonic wars 1805-1815

Maybe but the reason Napoleon is at the rank he is, is because of the AOE. So he has to have it during the FR.

LoyalACFan
09-24-2014, 06:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7D42Y6z.jpg

That's kind of a strong symbol no? Napoleon's hat, and Arno puting his foot on it.

Dead Kings is just after Unity, 1794, and it's dealing with french kings, Napoleon has nothing to do with it, he's just a general, so why that cover? Why not a crown?

That's probably not actually Napoleon's hat, it's just a generic bicorne. Most all high-ranking officers wore them in the 1700s. Though why it's an officer's hat as opposed to a crown is a good question. Maybe the crown wouldn't have been tall enough to be visually striking?

DumbGamerTag94
09-24-2014, 03:34 PM
Maybe but the reason Napoleon is at the rank he is, is because of the AOE. So he has to have it during the FR.

Is that a thing? That's canon? I thought all we had about Napoleon's POE was from 16s puzzle in AC2. I was under the impression that it has only been said that it helped him win many battles. Not that it's the reason for climbing rank(let's not forget that he was one of the best military minds in history apple or no)

I would say he had to of found it in Italy or Egypt becase his campaigns and influence before then was very achievable considering his skill(let's not forget how easy it is to jump rank in revolutionary armies. Just look at colonel Washington jumping to General. Or Major Putnam jumping to Major General.....revolutionary armies are almost always undermanned and thus officers in them historically jump rank(and France was historically undermanned and infamously instituted a draft during this period)

What's more significant is AFTER his campaigns in Italy and Egypt. Napoleon was a capable General but he was mainly fighting in theaters of lesser importance against the enemies lesser forces. Yet somehow he comes back to France and manages to muster enough support to lead a coup. And become a politician(a role he had never had before) and not just any politician. But directly to the top as first console of France(a de facto dictator). That seems irrational really. And like the work of a POE. Especially since he basically defiles the revolution by crowning himself emperor. Without much resistance. So that has to be a POE. Then he goes on to pull off miracle campaigns against the coalitions.

Idk it seems there's more evidence historically to him getting it after Italy and Egypt.

Hans684
09-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Is that a thing? That's canon? I thought all we had about Napoleon's POE was from 16s puzzle in AC2. I was under the impression that it has only been said that it helped him win many battles. Not that it's the reason for climbing rank(let's not forget that he was one of the best military minds in history apple or no)

I would say he had to of found it in Italy or Egypt becase his campaigns and influence before then was very achievable considering his skill(let's not forget how easy it is to jump rank in revolutionary armies. Just look at colonel Washington jumping to General. Or Major Putnam jumping to Major General.....revolutionary armies are almost always undermanned and thus officers in them historically jump rank(and France was historically undermanned and infamously instituted a draft during this period)

What's more significant is AFTER his campaigns in Italy and Egypt. Napoleon was a capable General but he was mainly fighting in theaters of lesser importance against the enemies lesser forces. Yet somehow he comes back to France and manages to muster enough support to lead a coup. And become a politician(a role he had never had before) and not just any politician. But directly to the top as first console of France(a de facto dictator). That seems irrational really. And like the work of a POE. Especially since he basically defiles the revolution by crowning himself emperor. Without much resistance. So that has to be a POE. Then he goes on to pull off miracle campaigns against the coalitions.

Idk it seems there's more evidence historically to him getting it after Italy and Egypt.

It's the Apple in this case. It's canon, it's the reason he climbed the ranks.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Napoleon

Napoleon Bonaparte (15 August 1769 – 5 May 1821) was a Corsican military and political leader who was the Emperor of France from 1804 to 1815. He rose to power amidst the chaos and political turmoil of the French Revolution.

Bonaparte was regarded as one of the greatest military commanders in human history, although his successes in the initial military campaigns were the result of an Apple of Eden that came into his possession.

DumbGamerTag94
09-24-2014, 05:27 PM
@Hans

It doesn't explicitly state that he rose because of it.

And it says "his success in the initial military campaigns". No qualifier to that. It could mean his first ever battles, it could mean of a particular war, or it could mean HIS personal campaigns after becoming emperor(prior to this they were missions assigned to him by the government).

I interperated that as his campaigns as emperor. Considering how unbelievably successful he was for the first several years of the Napoleonic Wars. Managing to outwit and destroy the coalition forces and march across Europe with ease at nearly every turn(all while personally leading these armies rather than staying in Paris).

Then suddenly in 1812 things just do a complete 180 on him in Russia and within a year he is chased all the way back to France and exiled(safe to assume he lost his apple in Russia somehow)

But yes that info you showed doesn't contradict this at all. Nor does it attribute his rise to power to a POE or give a date of acquisition. So him finding a POE in Italy or Egypt still fits this description and doesn't contradict the canon.

Plus it opens the door to either an Ezio tie in to the Unity timeline. Or Egypt as a setting in a way that is not expected or cliché(possible tie in to Altaïrs son as well).
My thinking tells me his Apple may either be Ezio's or Altaïr's. Since Napoleon did advance into The holy land during his Egyptian campaign.

Megas_Doux
09-24-2014, 05:35 PM
@Hans

Plus it opens the door to either an Ezio tie in to the Unity timeline. Or Egypt as a setting in a way that is not expected or cliché(possible tie in to Altaïrs son as well).
My thinking tells me his Apple may either be Ezio's or Altaïr's.

Neither in fact!

Ezio´s Apple remained hidden under the Colosseum until Desmond took it, and Altair´s ended up being used, not explained yet though, by Elisabeth I of England, and then Gandhi..

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Apple_of_Eden_1 The one used by Napoleon.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Apple_of_Eden_2 Altair´s one.

DumbGamerTag94
09-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Neither in fact!

Ezio´s Apple remained hidden under the Colosseum until Desmond took it, and Altair´s ended up being used, not explained yet though, by Elisabeth I of England, and then Gandhi..

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Apple_of_Eden_1 The one used by Napoleon.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Apple_of_Eden_2 Altair´s one.

Darn that's unfortunate. I wonder how Altaïrs ended up in England from a hidden vault in Masyaf. Curious.
Well maybe Darim had a POE in Egypt? Does anyone know if that's a thing?

Perhaps Napoleon invaded these places looking for Altaïr or Ezio's POEs only to either not find them or find they are gone?
I dunno.

DumbGamerTag94
09-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Oooooohhhhhhh I've got it!!!!! The Apple of Eden may be in Dead Kings!!! What if Apple 1 was held by Louis XIV??? The sun King. He had a ton of power. Perhaps he had it buried with him?
That would give Napoleon the AOE in 1794 coinciding with when he began skyrocketing through the ranks. And would explain the decision to use his style hat on the cover rather than a crown.

Mystery solved!

Hans684
09-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Darn that's unfortunate. I wonder how Altaïrs ended up in England from a hidden vault in Masyaf. Curious.

Perhaps Napoleon invaded these places looking for Altaïr or Ezio's POEs only to either not find them or find they are gone?
I dunno.

This is Napoleon's AOE. But I might be wrong since we don't know when he got the AOE.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Apple_of_Eden_1

The first known human possessor of the Apple was Napoleon Bonaparte, a key member of the French Revolution, and a military and political leader of France, who later became Emperor of France under the name Napoleon I.

Megas_Doux
09-24-2014, 06:06 PM

I dunno.

According to the wikia:

"In 2012, Darim was remembered by his modern successors as a key figure of the Brotherhood, notably for having given an Apple of Eden to the first Sultan of the Bahri dynasty, after the Egyptian Brotherhood had already given the Scepter of Aset to the revolted Mamluks whom had created the new dynasty and had began an era of prosperity for Egypt.[3]"

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darim_Ibn-La%27Ahad

DumbGamerTag94
09-24-2014, 06:09 PM
This is Napoleon's AOE. But I might be wrong since we don't know when he got the AOE.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Apple_of_Eden_1

The first known human possessor of the Apple was Napoleon Bonaparte, a key member of the French Revolution, and a military and political leader of France, who later became Emperor of France under the name Napoleon I.

Yeah the first one that we know of. 16 couldn't have possibly shown us everyone that held the POEs up until now. If he had we would have needed a LOT more 16 missions. So there's gaps in our knowledge of who held them during certain times. Like the gap from Ezio to Queen Elizabeth with Apple2. Someone had to have moved it. Yet we have no name.

So just because we haven't been told who had Apple1 before Napoleon doesn't mean he's the first person to have it ever. And Louis XIV would be a good candidate.

According to the wikia:

"In 2012, Darim was remembered by his modern successors as a key figure of the Brotherhood, notably for having given an Apple of Eden to the first Sultan of the Bahri dynasty, after the Egyptian Brotherhood had already given the Scepter of Aset to the revolted Mamluks whom had created the new dynasty and had began an era of prosperity for Egypt.[3]"

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darim_Ibn-La'Ahad

Hmmmm that's VERY INTERESTING. And Napoleon did fight the Mamluks and Ottomans so it is VERY possible Darim's AOE is Napoleons!!!!

That's really cool. Egypt ACU sequel confirmed???? Lol

As it stands I think Darim's AOE or possibly one that could have used by Louis XIV are the most likely contenders. Darim's being the much cooler of the two!

DumbGamerTag94
09-24-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm now confident Darim's is Apple 1 and the same as Napoleons and here's why

There are 5 apples:
1 is unaccounted for before Napoleon

2 stays in Altaïrs vault until the 1500s then goes to England and presumably stays in the British Empire thus why it ends up in India.

3 was discovered in North America and was thrown into the sea by Connor on orders from George Washigton in 1783. Wasn't recovered until FDR in the 1930s.

4 held by tesla is our first known guy so probably know tie to Egypt.

5 was on the moon and not found until 1969.

So that means the most likely Apple Darim had was AOE1. The same one Napoleon had

Kakuzu745
09-24-2014, 08:11 PM
If Arno is a really strong character I would not mind a new trilogy. I think there is a lot of history to get sequels from.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Possibly. But where would it go? After Paris, they'd need to find a city with just as rich an urban playground to explore during the same time frame. Where could that be?

This is somewhat off topic AND on topic at the same time. I've seen numerous people post about how they have these "sagas" in order to reuse assets as much as possible and while I certainly agree that it is most likely a HUGE factor... I can't help but think of Revelations.

That game was made in less than a year and featured a city completely different from Florence, Venice, Rome, San Gimignano, Forli... The architecture is very different from either of those places from just the look of the materials used (which is as simple as reskinning I bet) to having lots of domes, and things of that nature. Not only that but they also created Cappocia which is a city/town within a cave, again -- VERY different from Constantinople and all previous cities. Constantinople shares some visual aesthetics to cities visited in AC1 like Damascus or Jerusalem due to the domed roofs, bazaar, etc. But even still. I also bet Cappocia would have been a lot larger had they been given more time. Maybe not but it seems like they would have made it larger with more things to do there and have TWO cities like AC2 (AC2 had 2 main cities, not counting the smaller ones).

But anyway... even if there's a "saga" and whether or not it's like the Ezio Trilogy (they all star Arno) or is like the Kenway Saga (new protagonist connected to Arno in some way), they could easily set the sequel in a European city and then have the next one set in a non-European city. Have him visit something like Egypt or something.

That said.. I would prefer to switch to a protagonist FROM the region. For example, someone mentioned that ACR feels like, barring all of the Altair memories and the "wrapping Ezio/Altair up" bits, Yusuf could have been the player character which would have been neat. For AC1, we play as an Assassin from the region. In AC2/ACB, we play as an Assassin from the region. In AC3, we play as an Assassin from the region. While Edward is not from the region, it's because he's a pirate so fair game. Secondly, Freedom Cry features Adewale who isn't from a region but IS from a region that may never get a game set there anyway so that's neat. ACU features a protagonist from the region.

So when they DO visit China, I want to play as a Chinese Assassin as opposed to someone VISITING China because that will be upsetting. And same goes for like... Egypt or India or...

About the only time they haven't had a person from the region was ACR because they wanted to continue with Ezio.

ze_topazio
09-24-2014, 09:00 PM
If they do Egypt some people will go bananas about a white dude in Egypt saving the day instead of a local or a woman.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-24-2014, 10:05 PM
If they do Egypt some people will go bananas about a white dude in Egypt saving the day instead of a local or a woman.

It makes sense though. The series has set a precedence for *usually* having someone from the region be the protagonist. AC1, AC2, ACB, AC3, ACL, and now ACU have that. The only two that don't are are ACR and AC4.

So I completely understand why they'd be upset. Perhaps in ACU's sequel, they could have Arno meet up with a foreign Assassin and discuss some artifact that was found in Egypt, just as an example, and the next game would transition to that character with a cameo of Arno or whatever.

Not sure. I just know that ACU will undoubtedly turn into a saga but I hopethey travel to interesting places in Europe. Save places like Egypt or China to have their own native Assassin. It'll be annoying to have to wait on China or Egypt or whatever but it's preferable to having Arno visit China... -_-

Shahkulu101
09-24-2014, 10:09 PM
I remember a rumour about an AC game in China featuring an English guy named Travis as the protagonist.

It would be hilarious if that's true and Shao Jun is stuck with the 2D platformer.

Xstantin
09-24-2014, 10:38 PM
I remember a rumour about an AC game in China featuring an English guy named Travis as the protagonist.

It would be hilarious if that's true and Shao Jun is stuck with the 2D platformer.

I'd expect a lot of "I'm the outsider" talk. Ubi likes this angle

Just like daddy issues