PDA

View Full Version : Cult of the Supreme Being

RA503
09-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Hi people, I post some interesting thing I find:

Caution : historical Spoilers ahead.

if Dead Kings begins in 1794, this spoils that the main game will end with robespierre's death, and he probably will be the main villain of the game, the mistery is: he is assassin or templar ? researching in wikipedia I discovered this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_the_Supreme_Being

Cult of Supreme Being, is a cult that robiespierre wanted to implement in french republic in the revolution, their start as atheist group but robiespierre change it.

remembers amancio saying that exist a force behind the french revolution.

my theory:

is perfect if this cult be the Instruments of first will of Aita and unite french revolution history with the followers of juno plot.

robiespeirre is or a Sage or another First civilization member that reincarnate and follows Juno in the instruments:

''the Cult of the Supreme Being were a belief in the existence of a god and the immortality of the human soul.''

from the wikipedia page.

what you think ?

RinoTheBouncer
09-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Interesting analysis, my friend. The name “Cult of the Supreme Being” is also interesting, cause it might turn out to have something related to Juno or another First Civ. member or owner of a Piece of Eden.

Bastiaen
09-23-2014, 03:35 PM
I think you're spot on here. This should be super interesting. When people think back on the Cult of the Supreme Being, we tend to think it's just one of the stranger eccentricities of the era, but it would be super interesting if this was one of the big tie ins with First Civ.

Kaschra
09-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Oh, great find!
Would be awesome if it has to do anything wih the First Civ, or the Sages.

wvstolzing
09-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Oh, great find!
Would be awesome if it has to do anything wih the First Civ, or the Sages.

I think it almost certainly will.

Kakuzu745
09-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Great find, this could be something really nice.

rob1990312
09-23-2014, 06:49 PM
it would be cool if the first time we are introduced to robespierre he turns around and he is actually another aita/john/bartolemew roberts

Farlander1991
09-23-2014, 06:59 PM
if Dead Kings begins in 1794, this spoils that the main game will end with robespierre's death

It would spoil that, if Amancio himself wouldn't say that the game ends around robespierre's death back at E3 :p

Nice find, though!

cawatrooper
09-23-2014, 10:12 PM
I really hope they do something more with the sages like this.

ze_topazio
09-23-2014, 10:44 PM
I gave the man a Sage mustache.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2e2p6qh.jpg

roostersrule2
09-24-2014, 10:03 AM
This has been a known theory for quite some time.

However it's still some quality researching.

RinoTheBouncer
09-28-2014, 10:15 AM
If you’ve experienced Project Widow (beta.projectwidow.net) you’ll notice that there’s a reference to this. I thought about this thread the moment I saw it there, so let’s hope it’s part of the game.

VestigialLlama4
09-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Initially Robespierre wanted the Cult of the Supreme Being to supplant an earlier Cult of Reason run by Jacques Hebert. Hebert held his festivals in the Notre Dame Cathedral (which is built on top of a Jupiter Temple) and part of the reason Robespierre had him guillotined, aside from Hebert being a pain in the *** and general ****up who was sabotaging the government at a time of Total War, was that he opposed the Cult of Reason. He wanted to instill a civic religion of democracy, or virtue, or that's what he said.

Robespierre felt that the religious impulse of people could be channeled into something positive, he even quoted Voltaire, "If God does not exist, it is necessary to invent him." The festival by the way was the first time Robespierre played a major public role and it was, surprisingly, highly popular among the crowd and increased his fame, but it completely turned the Convention against him, with one guy saying, "The little bugger wants to be God". By the way, the painter Jacques-Louis David worked his *** of in the Louvre designing the entire festival. So it's full of all sorts of wacky strangeness. After that, Robespierre's friend Georges Couthon unleashed the Great Terror, with the Law of 22 Prairial, which gave the committee to arrest anyone without event the token checks and balances they had. Executions doubled in a matter of weeks until Thermidor. So it marked the beginning of the end for him.

By the way, that 3D Portrait of Robespierre's face, which ACU are using as a reference, is a total fake. It's using as a reference Madame Tussaud's death mask which she had no real way of making since Robespierre's body and remains were very quickly disposed by the Thermidorians who started a major smear campaign against him. That death mask doesn't even have his jaw injury, which was totally split apart.