PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity SUUQ Thread

Wolfmeister1010
09-23-2014, 02:31 AM
"SUUQ" stands for: Skepticism, Uncertainties, Unanswered Questions? Regarding ACU

I am incredibly OCD, so when I get a lot of questions I need to write them down and keep track of them. Perhaps we should have a thread where we list our unanswered questions. I will read through the list and update the OP with a list of things we are still skeptical about, and take the ones off the list and/or post a resolution next to it when it (or if it) is attended to.

This thread can also be used to ask any little question you have regarding the game, whether it be some broad idea or a small little detail that has been answered many times. We can use this as a way to get every member up to speed and tackle every little issue and idea one day at a time until release. Let me know what you think of this thread and please feel free to contribute.

I will also make a fun little poll, where you check the poll whenever you feel you have reach your max hype level for AC:Unity. See if you can surprise yourself and keep finding more things to hype yourself about! What a happy way to gain a positive outlook on this game and life in general!!

The second poll option is an option you should ignore and not check. Please do not be that guy and click it. The voters will be made public so please save us all the awkwardness. We get it, you are really edgy and funny and un-mainstream, but I would really appreciate it if you didn't try to do it.

I will start with a list of things I am wondering about. This list will continually update.

GRAND LIST

1. Will Seasons Return in the Game?
2. Will small weapons like hatchets and knives return in the game?
3. Will we interact with First Civ members,and especially Juno?
4. Do you still boot enemies off rooftops when fighting near an edge?

JustPlainQuirky
09-23-2014, 02:35 AM
Already a "concerns for Unity" thread IIRC

LoyalACFan
09-23-2014, 02:37 AM
2. Will small weapons like hatchets and knives return in the game?

Hatchets I can live without, that was kind of Connor's trademark IMO, but I miss knives so much... Can't say for sure they aren't in (they were in some concept art) but we haven't seen them at all in-game and they don't show up in the preorder bonuses.

One random thing I'd like to note is that, contrary to some speculation, you CAN fight in melee with rifles. He does it in the Season Pass trailer (not talking about the guillotine gun, he fights with an actual rifle during the bit where Amancio is talking about the second DLC pack. Looks like it's pretty much like AC3's clubs.

Wolfmeister1010
09-23-2014, 02:38 AM
Already a "concerns for Unity" thread IIRC

Where? I didn't see one

JustPlainQuirky
09-23-2014, 02:44 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/917031-What-are-your-concerns-for-AC-Unity-Forums

SolidSage
09-23-2014, 03:21 AM
Nice thread, gave me a chuckle (don't get excited, it was a small one).
I'll vote when I reach Max Hypage Thresholds but for now, I still gots room. (Look how smooth it moves...[the robes, the city, the motion, take your pick]) :D

- Will AI act like Sp AC AI in Unity's COOP free roam? I am going to be able to roam the full map with a friend and kick up dust with random AI right? Sorry for the skepticism but WD free roam coop options...or lack thereof, really came as a surprise from THE Company I expect to get these things right (ref: Ubisoft's track record of the last decade+).

GoldenBoy9999
09-23-2014, 05:37 AM
One random thing I'd like to note is that, contrary to some speculation, you CAN fight in melee with rifles. He does it in the Season Pass trailer (not talking about the guillotine gun, he fights with an actual rifle during the bit where Amancio is talking about the second DLC pack. Looks like it's pretty much like AC3's clubs.

I pointed this out in the pinned thread and I thought it was really cool. I thought things like the Maple Gun or whatever were basically long pistols but you can use them as melee weapons. This is really awesome because your person can just be a gun loving person if you want.

To answer the post above me, yes I believe so.

I-Like-Pie45
09-23-2014, 05:40 AM
-Elise's beautiful HD arm hair

I want a scene of her shaving her armies with the guillotine

GoldenBoy9999
09-23-2014, 06:05 AM
-Elise's beautiful HD arm hair

I want a scene of her shaving her armies with the guillotine

Man, that's pretty metal.

dimbismp
09-23-2014, 10:29 AM
-Will PoE make a return?
-Will we interact with First Civ members,and especially Juno?
-Are all assassinations open?
-How big is Paris in comparison with Rome/Constantinoupoli?
-What is the maximum amount of guards we can kill in combat?
-Is the blue outfit shown in most trailers available?
-Are there any other underground sections except from sewers/caracombs?
-Will the assassination contracts make a return?If so will they be linear or open?Will they be as many as AC4?
-What exacty is the"1000 stories of Paris"?

HypeR.tgL
09-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Can we still boot enemies off edges and into objects? plz no. I hated that. Though I trust the Seamless One will do good for this game and take that bs out :)

GoldenBoy9999
09-23-2014, 12:44 PM
^ Why don't you like that? Contextual kills are pretty cool IMO. It varies the combat.

Wolfmeister1010
09-23-2014, 03:15 PM
-Will PoE make a return?
-Will we interact with First Civ members,and especially Juno?
-Are all assassinations open?
-How big is Paris in comparison with Rome/Constantinoupoli?
-What is the maximum amount of guards we can kill in combat?
-Is the blue outfit shown in most trailers available?
-Are there any other underground sections except from sewers/caracombs?
-Will the assassination contracts make a return?If so will they be linear or open?Will they be as many as AC4?
-What exacty is the"1000 stories of Paris"?

1. Obviously
3. Yes, confirmed all black box missions
4. Confirmed the size of the frontier
5. ..what?
6. Obviously
7. Likely basements of some houses
8. Yes they do
9. Side missions integrated including historical figures/

The second one I will put in OP

^ Why don't you like that? Contextual kills are pretty cool IMO. It varies the combat.

Disagree SOOOO much.

Booting people off rooftops broke stealth and you don't have a choice. It happens whenever you are even like 10 feet away from an edge, either as a counter or a combo boot.

But contextual kills do return, as seen in the original stream for the e3 single player demo. Arno gets the brute against a wall and shoves the blade against his throat against the wall.

Wolfmeister1010
09-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Aheradrim..

really...?

dimbismp
09-23-2014, 03:21 PM
5. ..what?
I mean "how hard combat is?' kind of question

Wolfmeister1010
09-23-2014, 03:22 PM
I mean "how hard combat is?' kind of question

They said that you can handle 1 or 2 or maybe 3 guards if you are good, but once you start facing 4 or 5 or more, then you are in a lot of trouble and really need to use you skills to fight or escape.

dimbismp
09-23-2014, 03:25 PM
They said that you can handle 1 or 2 or maybe 3 guards if you are good, but once you start facing 4 or 5 or more, then you are in a lot of trouble and really need to use you skills to fight or escape.
Sorry,but that is too good to be true...I believe that eventually combat will only be a little bit harder,despite the promises

Bastiaen
09-23-2014, 03:29 PM
I was that guy, because I have a bad habit of voting on polls before reading forums... oops. Anyway, no, I haven't hit my max hype yet. I'll probably hit it the week before the game. I've had some moments of intense hype and impatience though.