PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Chronicles

yankeegamergirl
09-22-2014, 06:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByJtFAZIEAA2Q8Z.jpg:large

So since there is a current discussion on a female protagonist are you guys and gals excited about this? Looks good to me, hopefully it will be.

P.s. tried to find a thread already but I'm useless at it.

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Inb4wasteofshaojunandchina

yankeegamergirl
09-22-2014, 06:29 PM
People hate the idea of China?

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 06:29 PM
People hate the idea of China?
Nope, just the idea of this game.

yankeegamergirl
09-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Ahh, is it already a topic? I couldn't find it. Anyway I just figured the people who really want a female protag might be excited. I have to say I don't know much about Shao Jun since I never watched 'Embers' (I know sacrilege).

ze_topazio
In the following years:

Chronicles Egypt
Chronicles India
Chronicles Japan
Chronicles World War II
Chronicles Portugal :rolleyes:
Chronicles Connor is back
Chronicles Modern day
Chronicles TWCB

Shahkulu101
Inb4wasteofshaojunandchina

Well if they never do a China game again, then yes this would be a bit of a waste... Shao Jun though, she was a character in a less than significant animated extra (it wasn't really that big - only hardcore fans give a toss) so I don't see how her character has been wasted - people should be so lucky they are getting anything with her.

I also think that AC Chronicles: China might not be the last of these 2D platformers and that those pictures that were lea -- I mean that I had a dream about will be bonus missions in the vane of AC Chronicles 2D style and platforming.

killzab
09-22-2014, 06:41 PM
In the following years:

Chronicles Egypt
Chronicles India
Chronicles Japan
Chronicles World War II
Chronicles Modern day
Chronicles TWCB

Chronicles IamdonewithAC

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-22-2014, 06:41 PM
In the following years:

Chronicles Egypt
Chronicles India
Chronicles Japan
Chronicles World War II
Chronicles Modern day
Chronicles TWCB

This seems likely considering a lot of people wanted China and this is what ended up happening.

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 06:42 PM
If you think about it Japan was already pushed to that cellphone game.

Hans684
09-22-2014, 07:55 PM
http://blog.torgodevil.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Not-working.jpg

Give her a proper game or at least a proper sequel after what ever they call this. If Darby isn't the writer I have even less hope for this "game" that I'm not even going to get access to. Wasted operturnity that's pushed to DLC. This is what I've hoped should not happen. What if Ubi like the makers of Destiny takes away the story of their games next and have it as DLC? The trailer ruined my day. Anyone got something I can laugh of other than this disappointment?

Journey93
09-22-2014, 08:00 PM
the cover looks good no question but China as well as Shao Jun are wasted in this 2D game
one of the worst ideas Ubisoft had probably because they didn't have anything else to fill the Season pass

Journey93
09-22-2014, 08:02 PM
http://blog.torgodevil.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Not-working.jpg

Give her a proper game or at least a proper sequel after what ever they call this. If Darby isn't the writer I have even less hope for this "game" that I'm not even going to get access to. Wasted operturnity that's pushed to DLC. This is what I've hoped should not happen. What if Ubi like the makers of Destiny takes away the story of their games next and have it as DLC? The trailer ruined my day. Anyone got something I can laugh of other than this disappointment?

you could laugh at Ubisofts stupidity but I'm not sure that will help
I share your disappointment what a waste

Bastiaen
09-22-2014, 08:06 PM
I hope they do more in the future, but at least we're getting this, so I won't turn it down. I'm super excited to play as Shao Jun for the first time.

Hans684
09-22-2014, 08:07 PM
you could laugh at Ubisofts stupidity but I'm not sure that will help
I share your disappointment what a waste

I am but not in a good way. I need something good to laugh off.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Man this cover art just makes me wish it was an actual AC game. Like, I want China to be a full fledged, current gen (One/PS4/PC) AC but it didn't even get the last gen treatment like ACRo... I would have been upset about that too but it would've been better than THIS.

That said... the game itself may be fun, the art style is cool, and if it seems to do well (yeah, right...) then perhaps, maybe, somehow, we;ll get a true, 3D, ACU-like game set in China. Most likely a new protagonist though. Ugh.

If they had showed this cover a half year from now as an announcement for the new AC game coming out in 2015. I would have flipped my sh*t.

As it stands I was like "Oh...China. Cool." Just the nature of the beast, I suppose. A full explorable China with all of its architecture and aesthetics would have been breathtaking IMO.

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 08:12 PM
Just had a thought....

What if this Shao game is a hint that the next game actually features her? This could be a prequel?

dxsxhxcx
09-22-2014, 08:13 PM
In the following years:

Chronicles Egypt
Chronicles India
Chronicles Japan
Chronicles World War II
Chronicles Modern day
Chronicles TWCB

I can totally see them using the Assassins from Monteriggioni' Sanctuary to make more games like this... :(

Hans684
09-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Just had a thought....

What if this Shao game is a hint that the next game actually features her? This could be a prequel?

Then I might forgive them.

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Then I might forgive them.

I wouldn't rule out a full fledged China game. This reminds me of PoP mobile that game out a year or 2 ago, I think it started off as an iOS/Android thing and got turned into something worthy of being on consoles.

I would very much hope that now this is on consoles that it has a good story with actual Voice Acting. I also hope it has an open end to kind of hint that its a prequel.

Hans684
09-22-2014, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't rule out a full fledged China game. This reminds me of PoP mobile that game out a year or 2 ago, I think it started off as an iOS/Android thing and got turned into something worthy of being on consoles.

I would very much hope that now this is on consoles that it has a good story with actual Voice Acting. I also hope it has an open end to kind of hint that its a prequel.

I'm not so sure, places that's not a main title usually don't get a game. I've heard of done kind of mobile POP game.

If it is a prequel it should be in the console game as well. In the current situation I'd say it's a fools(sorry not directed at anyone) hope.

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm not so sure, places that's not a main title usually don't get a game. I've heard of done kind of mobile POP game.

If it is a prequel it should be in the console game as well. In the current situation I'd say it's a fools(sorry not directed at anyone) hope.

I just don't see how they can make it have a good story. The thing probably takes 2 hours tops, it isn't free roam, its corridor. Which is why I do hope it is hinting something.

However, I will be waiting for reviews on it. To me, it seems like an Arcade AC game.

Sushiglutton
09-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Edward was in Forsaken (even got his ending spoiled), but that didn't rule out an Edward game ;)

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Just had a thought....

Or a brand new character and in this game serves to set the events, just like Altair was a legend to Ezio, Jun could be a legend to whatever the new protagonist is, or she can find some info from the past, setting the story to take place in a time before her.

Shao Jun never had any chance, main game always have brand new characters, at best she could appear in a dlc or side story for the main Chinese game.

Before you say that Edward had been mentioned in a book before, that doesn't count.

m4r-k7
09-22-2014, 08:41 PM

Nah they have given her a role in embers and a 2.5d game, she won't actually get a full game. I just hope they keep to Asia for the next full game.

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 08:47 PM
Or a brand new character and in this game serves to set the events, just like Altair was a legend to Ezio, Jun could be a legend to whatever the new protagonist is, or she can find some info from the past, setting the story to take place in a time before her.

Shao Jun never had any chance, main game always have brand new characters, at best she could appear in a dlc or side story for the main Chinese game.

Before you say that Edward had been mentioned in a book before, that doesn't count.

Why doesn't Edward count? I don't even think that this started out as an AC game, if it did, it was for iOS for sure with the sidescrolling.

Nah they have given her a role in embers and a 2.5d game, she won't actually get a full game. I just hope they keep to Asia for the next full game.

I don't like half D's.

I like a full D.

m4r-k7
09-22-2014, 08:49 PM
I don't like half D's.

I like a full D.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/3F4J5/well-damn/image.jpg?w=400&c=1

D.I.D.
09-22-2014, 08:51 PM

Do you mean PoP Classic? I think that was a remake of the original Jordan Metzner game, wasn't it - from 1988/89? I don't think that relates to this, which is probably more about the UbiArt engine than continuing any past trends in mobile spin-offs.

I noticed your other post worrying that story might not be very present due to the restrictions of the format, but I think that can be seen the other way too; the flat scene and simpler pathways could mean that story is stronger in this game than usual, since it's easier to predict where the player will go and what they'll do. They also might make story and narration a big part of this in order to bridge the gap between the player's "camera" and the action.

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Do you mean PoP Classic? I think that was a remake of the original Jordan Metzner game, wasn't it - from 1988/89? I don't think that relates to this, which is probably more about the UbiArt engine than continuing any past trends in mobile spin-offs.

I noticed your other post worrying that story might not be very present due to the restrictions of the format, but I think that can be seen the other way too; the flat scene and simpler pathways could mean that story is stronger in this game than usual, since it's easier to predict where the player will go and what they'll do. They also might make story and narration a big part of this in order to bridge the gap between the player's "camera" and the action.

I was on about The Shadow and The Flame which is a remake, but what I meant was the style of Chronicles reminded me of the PoP thing.

I think I'll just watch a playthrough of Chronicles.

souNdwAve89
09-22-2014, 09:02 PM
lolwut, this game looks like Mark of the Ninja, but with an AC theme.

Hans684
09-22-2014, 09:16 PM
I just don't see how they can make it have a good story. The thing probably takes 2 hours tops, it isn't free roam, its corridor. Which is why I do hope it is hinting something.

However, I will be waiting for reviews on it. To me, it seems like an Arcade AC game.

Agree but I can't access it either way so I'm left behind.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Just wanna say that Amancio doesn't say the game came out of concept art but from a "simple sketch" while that is probably referring to concept art. It could be as simple as some guy sketching Shao Jun in a similar style on his lunch break, someone walks by, goes "let's make that a game", game becomes Chronicles.

While it was probably concept art, that doesn't mean there will be a main China game. They may do concept art for potential locations and then not do anything with them. Or it was concept art for a game...and THIS is that game. <-- that's the most logical scenario in my mind.

RinoTheBouncer
09-22-2014, 10:42 PM
In the following years:

Chronicles Egypt
Chronicles India
Chronicles Japan
Chronicles World War II
Chronicles Modern day
Chronicles TWCB

I love this. I thought about this too when China was written like a sub-title.

Kakuzu745
09-22-2014, 11:14 PM
To be honest Chronicles looks like a really good spin off that would give some screen time to some characters to "test their popularity". If they do good enough, then we can think about some actual AC game. I think people are seeing the China thing in the wrong way...maybe this will mean we can get this game as an intro and then get a 3d ac :)

SixKeys
09-22-2014, 11:23 PM
To be honest Chronicles looks like a really good spin off that would give some screen time to some characters to "test their popularity". If they do good enough, then we can think about some actual AC game. I think people are seeing the China thing in the wrong way...maybe this will mean we can get this game as an intro and then get a 3d ac :)

It's not to test their popularity. Ubi are already well aware of the fans' demand for more Shao Jun and moving her to a Season Pass won't give them strong data since only a handful of people ever buy season passes. She's simply an enticing extra they threw in in an effort to sell the Pass to fans who already know and love her, just like Aveline DLC for AC4.

souNdwAve89
09-22-2014, 11:43 PM
Sigh... this may be wishful thinking, but I really hope all the clues such as Ezio's box, firecrackers in Freedom Cry, etc. was not leading up to this. Maybe Chronicles will help lead into a full AC game with Shao Jun or an Asian themed AC.

JustPlainQuirky
09-23-2014, 12:56 AM
I'm just laughing at the idea of Connor getting a Chronicles game.

I could totally see Ubi pulling that after what they did to Altair.

It's hilariously tragic.

This 'Chronicles' spin-off franchise is going to be where the 'unimportant' AC game ideas are tossed I bet.

rprkjj
09-23-2014, 01:04 AM

It's hilariously tragic.

This 'Chronicles' spin-off franchise is going to be where the 'unimportant' AC game ideas are tossed I bet.

It would be better than nothing. I'd actually think a game like that would be perfect as a swan song for Connor, to wrap up his story.

Fatal-Feit
09-23-2014, 01:08 AM

It's hilariously tragic.

Chronicles China looks pretty good, actually. I wouldn't mind if that's how they wrap up Connor. Or introduce Eseosa.

JustPlainQuirky
09-23-2014, 01:11 AM
Chronicles China looks pretty good, actually. I wouldn't mind if that's how they wrap up Connor. Or introduce Eseosa.

It would be better than nothing. I'd actually think a game like that would be perfect as a swan song for Connor, to wrap up his story.

Nooooooo....

I wouldn't want Connor's 'end' to be in the form of an iOS-esque game.

He deserves more than that.

Shao Jun got this treatment because she's some random character from a spin-off short film.

Connor is a protagonist in what was once planned to be the final installment of the AC franchise.

And people have been pleading for a proper sequel for a while now.

Having a game like this for Connor would be an insult.

rprkjj
09-23-2014, 01:14 AM
Nooooooo....

Shao Jun got this treatment because she's some random character from a spin-off short film.

Connor is a protagonist for what was once planned to be the final installment of the AC franchise.

It's that or nothing at all. They said Rogue would be the last game set in the Americas, but I can't remember if they specifically said "in the main series."

GoldenBoy9999
09-23-2014, 01:29 AM
I think it's pretty much guaranteed that this is one of multiple Chronicles games. I mean just look at that logo. Maybe not soon but we'll get another. Also to answer someone's question, Darby isn't writing this.
Edit: Dead Kings Avatar Hype!

JustPlainQuirky
09-23-2014, 01:31 AM
I'd rather have nothing at all than a cheap, linear iOS-esque game with little to no elements to represent what AC is about gameplay-wise.

AdamPearce
09-23-2014, 01:48 AM
This is as sad as hilarious.

dxsxhxcx
09-23-2014, 01:54 AM
Nooooooo....

Connor is a protagonist in what was once planned to be the final installment of the AC franchise.

Connor is a character whose potential was poorly explored when they decided it was more important to shoehorn him into every single event of one of the most boring settings this franchise already had than focus on the the Assassin vs Templar battle, they weren't even capable of properly explore the only thing that made him interesting that was his Mohawk backround, Shao Jun on the other hand, exactly because we know so little about her character (IMO) has a lot more potential and appeal than Connor at the moment, let's not forget that the content of the box Ezio gave to her wasn't revealed yet and this alone (IMO) is enough material to justify a main game with her or someone close to her as the protagonist, another main game for Connor now would just serve as fan service for the people that can't move on just because a previous ancestor received a better treatment than their beloved character.

I'd rather have nothing at all than a cheap, linear iOS-esque game with little to no elements to represent what AC is about gameplay-wise.

with this I agree, IMO a comic or a movie like Embers would've been much more enjoyable and entertaining because (IMO) they did a flawless job in both of them, why would I want an AC game that offers less than what a main game can do?

AdamPearce
09-23-2014, 02:10 AM
why would I want an AC game that offers less than what a main game can offer?

Because you might have money to spare.

dxsxhxcx
09-23-2014, 02:13 AM
Because you might have money to spare.

lol... good answer.. :p

LatinaC09
09-23-2014, 02:13 AM
This may be a dumb question but what platform is this game coming out on? (I'm assuming consoles/pc since it's a season pass) I'm excited because I absolutely love Shao Jun and I'm glad they are giving her a game even though it is 2D. Hopefully this is a hint at where the franchise may be going.

nukelukespuke34
09-23-2014, 02:55 AM
Man oh man. I would be utterly disappointed yet not entirely surprised if it turns out that this is all we'll get of Assassin's Creed in China/Asia. Ubisoft just loves its European/Western settings too much.

Ubi_41bja
09-23-2014, 03:47 AM
I'm hoping that this game is received fairly well. I'd love to see another Chronicles game. Maybe that's how we'll get a game set in one of the World Wars....

pacmanate
09-23-2014, 04:06 AM
Nooooooo....

Shao didn't even HAVE to have a game, but she has something which means Ubisoft know people want to see her appear. She's a "random character" who also seems to have gained enough of a following to get her own story.

Farlander1991
09-23-2014, 06:27 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure the game is not exclusive to Season Pass owners, just Season Pass owners will get it in the package (ala Freedom Cry that was released separately, for example).

I'm actually kinda excited for the game. Looks to me like a better version of Discovery, which I loved. I'm all for more diverse experiences. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light wasn't a traditional third person action game in the Tomb Raider series, yet it was awesome, why this shouldn't be? (Okay, it might not turn out to be awesome, but it has all the potential to be).

Sigv4rd
09-23-2014, 07:03 AM
Just had a thought....

It was never mentioned when the game takes place, It is quite possible that the game is set before the events of Ember and ends with Jun and her mentor fleeing China.

Locopells
09-23-2014, 10:42 AM
No, the trailer talks about her returning to China as the sole surviving member of her brotherhood.

RinoTheBouncer
09-23-2014, 10:48 AM
I just hope that this ACC: China eventually leads to a full, current gen. game in China or Japan and I hope the ACC label becomes it’s own sub-franchise or something, giving us more settings that we may or may not have in main games. Stuff that are very experimental and such.

LatinaC09
09-23-2014, 03:56 PM
I just hope that this ACC: China eventually leads to a full, current gen. game in China or Japan and I hope the ACC label becomes it’s own sub-franchise or something, giving us more settings that we may or may not have in main games. Stuff that are very experimental and such.

I agree. I see this as a good thing. They have more opportunities to give us locations that we've been asking for. Sort of like "testing the grounds" for the main games.

RinoTheBouncer
09-23-2014, 04:11 PM
I agree. I see this as a good thing. They have more opportunities to give us locations that we've been asking for. Sort of like "testing the grounds" for the main games.

Exactly! since yesterday, I’ve been thinking about what the future holds for ACC and whether the locations shown in ACC games will eventually become a major game or not. It’s not the first time they test a feature in certain game only to implement it in the next.

RA503
09-23-2014, 04:12 PM
I think that a chinese setting suddenly become popular after Ezio's' box appear in the end of freedon cry(before this, the people only wants japan), and Darby implying that his content is important in a initiates interview, I never have watched embers until people start bombing images showing the similarities between two boxes.

is not Shao jun that is popular but the curiosity of the box and Ezio's connection.

wvstolzing
09-23-2014, 04:51 PM
What I wonder is how much *story* this '2.5D platformer' will have. And will it reveal anything about the infamous 'box'? Any hints as to how it might have ended up in Adé's hands?

(I mean, it obviously is relevant, and the game *can* contribute to the lore; but WILL it?)

SlyTrooper
09-23-2014, 06:03 PM

I hope it is. That would be awesome. But I still think they will have Arno again with Napoleon. It just seems so obvious.

pacmanate
09-23-2014, 07:04 PM
I hope it is. That would be awesome. But I still think they will have Arno again with Napoleon. It just seems so obvious.

That's a given, but not for next year, I think its being worked out now and will release in 2016.

I think 2015 will give us a new Assassin and 2016 will revisit Arno.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-23-2014, 07:17 PM
In the following years:

Chronicles Egypt
Chronicles India
Chronicles Japan
Chronicles World War II
Chronicles Modern day
Chronicles TWCB

honestly.. a connor sequel/closure in this style would be badass

Kakuzu745
09-23-2014, 07:48 PM
I am actually pretty sure that if the game is well received we will have a fully fledged China game. This Chronicles series let them to "test" some setup without investing everything in a fully fledged game at once.

Support the game and I strongly believe we will get a China game sooner than you think.

Shahkulu101
09-23-2014, 08:21 PM
I am actually pretty sure that if the game is well received we will have a fully fledged China game. This Chronicles series let them to "test" some setup without investing everything in a fully fledged game at once.

Support the game and I strongly believe we will get a China game sooner than you think.

They don't need to test the waters to see if anyone wants a China game...

It would probably surpass AC3 as the best selling title on setting alone, they need not gauge interest.

king-hailz
09-23-2014, 08:33 PM
In the following years:

Chronicles Egypt
Chronicles India
Chronicles Japan
Chronicles World War II
Chronicles Modern day
Chronicles TWCB

LOL This is just a list of things that will never be in the modern day games!

It would probably surpass AC3 as the best selling title on setting alone, they need not gauge interest.

I thought ac3 has the worst setting they could have done!

Shahkulu101
09-23-2014, 08:49 PM

I found the American Revolution interesting personally. Anyway that's irrelevant, I'm just saying a China game is a very popular request and they don't need to test out whether or not people like it.

Kakuzu745
09-23-2014, 09:13 PM

I am not saying they need to do it with China, I am saying they can do that with other setups. The intention with the China game was to give a fan service but apparently some people do not feel satisfied.

Just trying to show the good side of things.

D.I.D.
09-23-2014, 10:55 PM

I think Shahkulu was absolutely right with that statement: "the best selling title on setting alone"

Whatever your personal feelings, I think there's pretty much no question that this is true. The ads, particularly the TV ads in the States, traded almost entirely on this being a USA game and an American Revolution game. Connor wasn't even mentioned or shown in some of the main publicity, such as the "Rise" trailer, but the US market was hooked by the setting itself anyway.

Now we're back to trailers selling the characters, the love story, or features like co-op in the biggest trailers, and then the setting alongside that. It could be a while until we see another AC that can get away with just showing the place and the historical era to sell the game.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Well if they never do a China game again, then yes this would be a bit of a waste... Shao Jun though, she was a character in a less than significant animated extra (it wasn't really that big - only hardcore fans give a toss) so I don't see how her character has been wasted - people should be so lucky they are getting anything with her.

BUT BUT I licked her!!

I was really interested in what happens to her later by the end of embers. I was hoping that she would get a game

D.I.D.
09-24-2014, 01:41 AM
BUT BUT I licked her!!

Assassin's Creed Revelations

trainkun0908
09-24-2014, 12:39 PM
They aren't going to make a China main game any time soon. Do you know why I think that is the case? It is too drastically different from European settings that they couldn't reuse the stuff they did for the past several years. So unless they started on it already (which I doubt they did, seeing as Unity seems like it is going to be the start of a new saga.), we wouldn't be seeing a game set in Asia in the next few years.

JustPlainQuirky
09-24-2014, 01:01 PM

nuuu stahp

don't convince Ubi to do dis

full fledged sequel pls

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-24-2014, 02:35 PM
nuuu stahp

don't convince Ubi to do dis

full fledged sequel pls

Yes, yes please! <3

Mr_Shade
09-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Topic please...

This is about Chronicles... not Connor ;)

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Topic please...

This is about Chronicles... not Connor ;)

Technically, we are talking about Chronicles if there's a chance of Connor, which we don't want :p

Besides, it's not like this happens all the time :rolleyes:

Farlander1991
09-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Technically, we are talking about Chronicles if there's a chance of Connor, which we don't want

Every Assassin from Desmond's Saga has got a side-scrolling/top-down 2.5D adventure, you wouldn't want Connor to miss out on that surely :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Every Assassin from Desmond's Saga has got a side-scrolling/top-down 2.5D adventure, you wouldn't want Connor to miss out on that surely :p

You got a point. But he still deserves a full game regardless. I'll take both, you know!! ^_^

*feels Mr. Shade watching*

Sooo, yeah, this Chronicles game should be interesting.

pacmanate
09-24-2014, 03:34 PM
Technically, we are talking about Chronicles if there's a chance of Connor, which we don't want :p

Besides, it's not like this happens all the time :rolleyes:

Actually, OP is just about China, the thread title just missed "China" from it ;)

GunnerGalactico
09-24-2014, 06:59 PM
They aren't going to make a China main game any time soon. Do you know why I think that is the case? It is too drastically different from European settings that they couldn't reuse the stuff they did for the past several years. So unless they started on it already (which I doubt they did, seeing as Unity seems like it is going to be the start of a new saga.), we wouldn't be seeing a game set in Asia in the next few years.

That shouldn't have to be the case. I'm not saying it is the same thing, but Unity was made from the ground up and didn't recycle anything from the previous AC games like they did with Rogue.

GunnerGalactico
09-24-2014, 07:08 PM

Oh no! That would be disastrous. I don't want to veer off-topic, so I'm just going to say that I agree with Mayrice and Humble ;)

JustPlainQuirky
01-24-2015, 10:54 PM
I hope AC Chronicles China has fully voiced cutscenes and not silence.

Assassin's Creed has always been story heavy and while I can deal with a 2.5 D twist I can't agree with minimizing the narrative.

Even though it would be entirely stylistic, it could still work like Mirror's Edge cutscenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EK5Ifb6tkw

Please include proper AC cutscenes Ubi

Shahkulu101
01-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Mechanics can tell a story as well as cutscenes, if a game is designed really, really well.

JustPlainQuirky
01-24-2015, 10:59 PM
Mechanics can tell a story as well as cutscenes, if a game is designed really, really well.

Yes but this is Ubisoft we're talking about.

Shahkulu101
01-24-2015, 11:01 PM
Yes but this is Ubisoft we're talking about.

When ubi has smaller teams working on 'indie' projects, they tend to produce great things.

JustPlainQuirky
01-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Wasn't a fan of Child of Light's cheesy limericks or storytelling if that's what you're referencing.

Shahkulu101
01-24-2015, 11:06 PM
Wasn't a fan of Child of Light's cheesy limericks or storytelling if that's what you're referencing.

Valiant Hearts springs to mind, although I haven't actually played any of their smaller projects. They all seem to have been received well, though.

I still think Ubi are great developers, they're just being made to work like an engine and pump out increasingly formulaic open world games every year - creativity being stifled.

JustPlainQuirky
01-24-2015, 11:10 PM
To be fair Valiant Hearts had actual dialogue.

And I agree. It's the higher ups that are the problem. That much is true.

Hans684
01-24-2015, 11:13 PM
To be fair Valiant Hearts had actual dialogue.

And I agree. It's the higher ups that are the problem. That much is true.

We could say it's out of control.

JustPlainQuirky
01-24-2015, 11:15 PM
Yeah but nothing we can do about it.

Sales go down, it's the devs that lose the jobs not the higher ups.