PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass Info Revealed!

Pages : [1] 2

Locopells
09-22-2014, 05:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9wMHziNX80&list=UU_fwlBSrMIfdb4Br2O_Fzlw

UbiJustin
09-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Today, Ubisoft detailed the contents of the Season Pass for Assassin’s Creed Unity, the highly-anticipated title for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. From the busy streets of Paris to the dark and rural city of Saint Denis, the season pass allows players to further explore Arno’s story. Players will also be introduced to Assassin’s Creed Chronicles, a new Assassin’s Creed saga that takes players on adventures to lands and time periods previously unexplored by the franchise.

The Assassin’s Creed Unity Season Pass contains:

Assassin’s Creed® Unity Dead Kings- a new story campaign that takes place after the events of Assassin’s Creed Unity. Arno leaves Paris for Saint Denis, a troubled city with a mysterious and extensive underground that holds the crypts of deceased French kings.In this self-contained set of missions, players will explore the murky depths of the Basilica and fight merciless adversaries to uncover the darkest secrets of the city. Arno will equip the new Guillotine gun, a deadly explosive weapon for short and long range combat. In addition to the main missions, players will discover new open-world activities including treasure hunts, murder mysteries and contracts, as well as new co-op missions. Additional weapons, gear, skills and outfits can be unlocked and carried over to the main game.
Extend Arno’s journey in Paris with more missions, weapons and customization options for players looking to further explore Assassin’s Creed Unity and the French Revolution. Players can upgrade their customized Master Assassin and take on three added missions. Additionally, players will get over 30 new weapons, equipment, and outfits, including the exclusive Fleur de Lys sword on launch day.
Assassin’s Creed® Chronicles: China- a new stand-alone Assassin’s Creed experience delivering a new story, setting, and gameplay type. In this 2.5D reimagining of the celebrated franchise developed by Climax Studios, players will perform parkour on the Great Wall of China, kill from the shadows and take the leap of faith. For the first time ever, players will be transported to the Middle Kingdom in the 16th century, where the last remaining Assassin of the Chinese Brotherhood has returned to her homeland. Players will be immersed in a vibrant setting, inspired by traditional brush paintings and Chinese architecture from a pivotal, historic time period in one of the greatest civilizations in history. Hell-bent on revenge, Shao Jun will use the skills she learned under legendary Assassin Ezio Auditore to exact vengeance. Players will be able to rely on stealth to accomplish their mission, as well as Shao Jun’s martial arts training and all-new Assassin gear.

Click on the image below to learn more about the Season Pass, upcoming DLC, and details on pre-ordering Assassin's Creed Unity.

http://i.imgur.com/vb1qNJa.png (http://newsletter.ubisoft.com/en-gb/2014/09/22_ACUSPA/22_ACUSPA.html)

Additional Images:
http://i.imgur.com/cTBGr2y.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByJk2_fIMAAcEo4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D8wCC84.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SEKVWR2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/n8BSBJj.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
09-22-2014, 05:07 PM
-lol guillotine gun
-confirmed arno lives to end of unity. prolly not elise tho
-shao jun is cool but her game looks like an iOS game

not too hyped, but the Arno DLC story looks cool.

Still waitin' on the Rogue DLC tho.

Megas_Doux
09-22-2014, 05:09 PM
About that China stuff I really DONT know what to think.........

Wolfmeister1010
09-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Holy wow.

I LOVE the first one, Dead Kings seems awesome, and an awesome outfit at that!! Nice location.

Also, all those customization items are cool, guillotine gun is...uh....

And the Shao Jun thing seems pretty cool, although it all but confirms that Shao Jun will never get her own true game, and decrease chances of China by a LOT

JustPlainQuirky
09-22-2014, 05:10 PM
I totally thought Arno was Shay in that promotional art for a second there.

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Amancio said Dead Kings takes place after Unity, but it said 1794 and Unity is supposed to take place between 1789-1799.... Also, I like the different take they did with Shao Jun.... and it looks like it could be just as good as a full main title... though I foresee people complaining because it's not a "real" assassin's creed game starring her.

Xangr8
09-22-2014, 05:16 PM
*heavy breathing*

HoIcon
09-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Nice but i feel I've just spoiled Unity for myself by watching the Dead Kings part

JustPlainQuirky
09-22-2014, 05:18 PM
I foresee people complaining because it's not a "real" assassin's creed game starring her.

This'll probably happen.

Lots of people were looking forward to playing as her.

Maybe we'll get a DLC campaign of her when the inevitable Feudal Japan game comes out.

Megas_Doux
09-22-2014, 05:19 PM
I think Assassins Creed Chronicles kinda kills the possibility of a FULL game in China, my favorite setting......

SixKeys
09-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Ugh, so much for a Shao Jun main series game. Another female assassin relegated to minor DLC status.

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 05:21 PM
This'll probably happen.

Lots of people were looking forward to playing as her.

Maybe we'll get a DLC campaign of her when the inevitable Feudal Japan game comes out.
Can't please everyone. I think it looks pretty cool, and those who say the devs never do anything new should shut their gobs now...

JustPlainQuirky
09-22-2014, 05:21 PM
To be fair, Shao Jun is just some random character from a spin-off short film.

She probably even only got this small game because of her popularity.

dimbismp
09-22-2014, 05:23 PM
How do i get this?Also,a little bit off-topic,but which is the best place to preorder from regarding new exclusive missions and weapons?

As some implied,i believe that:
elise dies,because arno seeks isolation

JustPlainQuirky
09-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Yeah if this DLC tells us anything, it's that Elise dies.

Fatal-Feit
09-22-2014, 05:24 PM
This season pass looks amazing!

Assassin's Creed Chronicles looks like it will expand across games that fans want. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Personally, I like it. Inb4Connor&EseosaSpinOff.

------------------

I hope I'm not the only one super excited about using a lantern again.

Kaschra
09-22-2014, 05:25 PM
It's great that Shao Jun is getting something, but... but I wanted a main game AC game with her :(
This also probably decreases the chances of a game set in China...
I still hope it's good though. The art style looks fantastic.

The Dead King DLC looks interesting, too. But yeah, Elise most likely dies now.
I can already feel my disappointment in Unity...

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 05:25 PM
To be fair, Shao Jun is just some random character from a spin-off short film.

She probably even only got this small game because of her popularity.
Yep, they could have just as easily left her as just some random character... but instead they gave her her own game.... Whether it is a full AAA title or a downloadable... it is better than nothing. Though I can see the agitation since she is the second female character to not receive a "main" game.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Dead Kings certainly looks interesting, like the darker atmosphere and the new outfit. And LOL at the guillotine gun - they just had to didn't they... :rolleyes:

Not really interested in the extra side missions to be honest, most of it is pre-order content I think.

Finally, the Shao Jun could be a good game to be honest - I don't think we should dismiss it because of the art style. Although personally I'm not really into to 2D platformers. The chances of doing anything with her again were pretty small so it's cool we are actually going to experience more of her I guess. BUT this means we won't get a main Shao Jun game, and as someone said puts a China setting in doubt...

Mr_Shade
How do i get this?]
The season pass should be on sale soon from most retailers and also the console store.

Releases maybe different for regions - however they should be available soon ;)

Megas_Doux
I hope I'm not the only one super excited about using a lantern again.

I hope that we are not stuck on that boring jogging motion like in AC III....

andreycvetov
09-22-2014, 05:27 PM
And I guess they will put a price tag of 30 euro for this?******** ! And I dont think that is the proper way of introducing Japan to AC .

JustPlainQuirky
09-22-2014, 05:28 PM
And I guess they will put a price tag of 30 euro for this?******** ! And I dont think that is the proper way of introducing Japan to AC .

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/bc/0b/eb/bc0bebf753e598aac1dca53c6e6919ee.jpg

Locopells
09-22-2014, 05:29 PM
That would be China...

trainkun0908
09-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Wait, a Shao Jun downloadable content? I am definitely getting this. But why oh why did they use 2D for a downloadable? Can't they just, I don't know, give Shao Jun her own main game? Cause I really wanted to play as her.

SixKeys
09-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Somehow I get the feeling the Shao Jun game started out as a completely different project and then got converted into AC. While stylistically pretty, 2D platforming just seems so out of place. Like someone said, it feels more like an iOS game.

Dead Kings looks interesting, but the guillotine gun....lol. :rolleyes:

naumaan
09-22-2014, 05:32 PM
that is awesome ... man

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 05:32 PM
Too bad the guillotine gun doesn't shoot out blades... That would have been infinitely more badass than another explosive gun.

andreycvetov
09-22-2014, 05:33 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/bc/0b/eb/bc0bebf753e598aac1dca53c6e6919ee.jpg Ooops , wrote everything in an angry rant , was cared away by anger and my knowledge was cloude, minor mistake :D .

JustPlainQuirky
09-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Sorry mate.

Couldn't resist.

Tis all good.

Megas_Doux
09-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Somehow I get the feeling the Shao Jun game started out as a completely different project and then got converted into AC. While stylistically pretty, 2D platforming just seems so out of place. Like someone said, it feels more like an iOS game.

Colonial Boston and NY get a full game, whereas China during the Dynasty mings gets a 2D iOS kinda game, unbelieveble....

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 05:38 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121228173213/glee/images/2/21/Images-article-2012-09-16-channel-ten-glee-crying.gif

Mr_Shade
09-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Colonial Boston and NY get a full game, whereas China during the Dynasty mings gets a 2D iOS kinda game, unbelieveble....
To be fair, those are a little different..

This is a bonus game.. for Season pass owners and who's not to say things may change in the future?

Shahkulu101
09-22-2014, 05:41 PM

Nah I believe it started out as concept art. What would it have started out as if it wasn't an AC game anyway? It's probably being made by the same team that did Rayman and Child of Light and is using the same art engine.

Also AC Discovery was a platformer and apparently was pretty good...

SHADOWGARVIN
09-22-2014, 05:45 PM
The dead kings dlc looks amazing. I'm a little disappointed that the other three single player missions are all missions that i will already get as pre-order content, or via the unite program.

JustPlainQuirky
09-22-2014, 05:45 PM
My question is will the Shao Jun game be considered one of the big games like Liberation + Freedom Cry are or will it be dismissed like Ezio's Discovery, Atlair's Chronicles, and Bloodlines?

I presume the latter.

Kaschra
09-22-2014, 05:46 PM
To be fair, those are a little different..

This is a bonus game.. for Season pass owners and who's not to say things may change in the future?

Only for season pass owners though? There won't be a seperate download for non-season-pass owners?
Becausee the only thing I'm really interested in right now is the Shao Jun game, and 30 Euro for the season pass is not so cheap...

killzab
I'm extremely disappointed ...

Dead kings could be alright, though it's so dark it looks like Dark Souls, it doesn't look realistic, more like dark fantasy.

If they "wasted" China on a 2.5d DLC .... OMG ...

UbiJustin
Additional screenshots and info added to my earlier post in the thread.

HoIcon
09-22-2014, 05:47 PM
For anyone wondering about the 3 Extra missions in the season pass
The American Prisoner is the DLC mission in the Bastille, Notre Dame and Guillotine editions of the game
Killed By Science is the DLC mission from the Unite program for getting all 4 member to input their pre-order codes
and Chemical Revolution is a special edition and pre-order bonus DLC mission

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 05:48 PM
I thought Rogue was going to be the darkest story ever told in this franchise, guess not.

This seems interesting.

JustPlainQuirky
09-22-2014, 05:50 PM

The way that Logo is labled makes me think there might be more 'chronicles' games in the future featuring different settings.

Inb4 Connor sequel is a chronicles game and the whole AC community is up in flames. :rolleyes:

Sushiglutton
09-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Shao Jun game looks super cool, wonder how long is it? I want it :D!

-confirmed arno lives to end of unity. prolly not elise tho

Yeah this felt a bit spoilerly. The tone of the DLC kind of screams "Elise is dead". But then again we might be wrong...

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Season pass looks great but I can already hear the complaints about Shao Jun not being a full game character.

Aveline the Second? A potentially good character wasted on a DLC or a "mini-game?" *gulp*

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 05:54 PM

The way that Logo is labled makes me think there might be more 'chronicles' games in the future featuring different settings.

Inb4 Connor sequel is a chronicles game and the whole AC community is up in flames. :rolleyes:

Tumblrland would start a revolution... after playing the game.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-22-2014, 05:55 PM
For anyone wondering about the 3 Extra missions in the season pass
The American Prisoner is the DLC mission in the Bastille, Notre Dame and Guillotine editions of the game
Killed By Science is the DLC mission from the Unite program for getting all 4 member to input their pre-order codes
and Chemical Revolution is a special edition and pre-order bonus DLC mission

Exactly. I hope there are more single player missions, or that the dead kings dlc consist of multiple stories, otherwise this could be the first time i won't buy the season pass. I would rather just buy the dead kings dlc.

JustPlainQuirky
09-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Yeah this felt a bit spoilerly. The tone of the DLC kind of screams "Elise is dead". But then again we might be wrong...

If it turns out to be true, I'm so blaming Ubi for basically spoiling it.

@ze

Vive la revolution!

marvelfannumber
09-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Hmmm looks alright, seems to have a bit more value than the usual AC season passes from what I am seeing here. Atleast they are telling us what is in the season pass before the game comes out this time.

You can paint me interested.

As for Shao Jun, meh. They will probably do a China game eventually anyway so I don't mind a little change of pace. I am digging the art style and I am a huge 2D platformer guy, so I may check it out.

Also.....

http://i.imgur.com/qQcKG4D.jpg

I win

#Ancientreference

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Arno is invading the royal crypt to bury Elise there among the Queens.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Random question:

Will the content given on a season pass be eventually released after, or it's available for season pass only?

I've never ordered a season pass before, so I don't know how gaining accessibility to the content is afterwards.

killzab
09-22-2014, 06:04 PM

Why ? So wasting China and Shao Jun on this is alright but doing the same for Connor would create a ****storm ? Double standards ....

SHADOWGARVIN
09-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Random question:

Will the content given on a season pass be eventually released after, or it's available for season pass only?

I've never ordered a season pass before, so I don't know how gaining accessibility to the content is afterwards.

Only the extra game is a season pass exclusive. The other missions you can most likely buy separate.

Kaschra
09-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Random question:

I want to know that too.

Only the extra game is a season pass exclusives. The other missions you can most likely buy separate.
So the Shao Jun game is exclusive?
GREAT. Really great -___-

SHADOWGARVIN
09-22-2014, 06:06 PM
So the Shao Jun game is exclusive?
GREAT. Really great -___-

Indeed.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Only the extra game is a season pass exclusive. The other missions you can most likely buy separate.

I figured as much. Thanks.

guardian_titan
09-22-2014, 06:07 PM
So ... is Shao Jun gonna speak with a British accent because it "fits with the historical era" better? Or is there going to be no dialogue at all? From the looks of it, it'll likely just be text with little dialogue beyond the odd grunt or scream.

Is Shao Jun's game gonna be released to everyone else after ACU's version is released like Freedom Cry was?

Seems Shao Jun's game is just a return to Prince of Persia style gameplay. I wouldn't call it different, especially since Assassin's Creed was technically Prince of Persia when it was originally designed. It's only different for modern gamers that have never played a platformer in their life. From the looks of it, the engine was likely developed for an in-progress or shelved Prince of Persia game and the AC group just adapted it for their own use. If this game goes over well enough, I can see a series of platformer AC games released alongside the main game every year. That'd be even more true if there's hardly any dialogue needed. It'd be faster to release platformers with text dialogue than fully voiced platformers. Not sure how I feel about that, especially if Connor ends up with one just to shut fans up about him and it does next to nothing to fill in the rest of his story or does so poorly.

For those thinking Elise didn't die at the end of ACU ... their romance was like Romeo and Juliet. Tragedy was a given. Only other explanation is Elise ditched him for the Templars, but given she was already a Templar pretty much from the start and didn't ditch him, she'd have to die. It was obvious when they announced the two were going to be involved with each other. But now it seems if Dead Kings fails to bring Arno's ultimate love interest and the mother of his child into the game, then Arno's story's going to end like Connor's: no answer as to who he ended up with and how his life ended. Guess the Arno fans will be picking up pitchforks with the Connor and Aveline fans before long when Arno's story ends up never finished. Throw in Shao Jun if her game gets enough attention.

Kakuzu745
09-22-2014, 06:09 PM
I would lie if I say I am not somehow disappointed that the China game is not an "actual AC" but to be honest it is at least creative. Also, this Chronicles spin off could be really nice to introduce some new characters, see how they do in terms of popularity and then launch them to stardom :)

Pandassin
09-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Dead Kings sounds pretty cool, but I'd have really loved an Elise DLC. Even if she's dead by the end of the game (hopefully not), an alternate timeline DLC of her would be pretty amazing if that's the case.

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 06:11 PM
This could actually be a prelude to a full China game next year.

killzab
09-22-2014, 06:11 PM

Or all we see of China ... ever ..

Sushiglutton
09-22-2014, 06:12 PM
I don't think this rules out all chances for a future China game. If it turns out popular why wouldn't they go ahead and make a full AAA one? It was a longshot anyway because 2015 and 2016 we gonna get games based on Unity assets, which means Europe/Us is the most likely.

Megas_Doux
09-22-2014, 06:13 PM

What I think of is a game in which Shao jun is like Achilles, but I dont believe China will get a full game after this...

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 06:13 PM
I love the optimism of this thread... Such accepting people. Totally not sounding like spoiled brats or anything.

killzab
09-22-2014, 06:15 PM
I love the optimism of this thread... Such accepting people. Totally not sounding like spoiled brats or anything.

Voicing opinions = spoiled brats ?

Who's close-minded again ?

ACfan443
09-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Dammit! I was longing for a mainline title featuring Shao Jun, this season pass has single handedly obliterated any chance of a China set AC.:(

I'm not particularly excited for a 2.5D platformer, don't see how it can fully exploit a striking and exotic setting like China, and an awesome character like Jun.

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 06:18 PM

Perhaps the people complaining about a game that could have just as easily never been made.

Sushiglutton
09-22-2014, 06:22 PM
I love the part at 2:14 where Shao kicks a guard in the head and his blood splashes like paint :D!

(I'm actually a very peaceful fellow :)! )

Kaschra
09-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Indeed.
I can barely contain my disappointment...
The only thing I want is that Shao Jun game, and now it looks like I'll probably never play it...

Ubisoft, please release the Shao Jun game seperate from the season pass. I can't **** money :/

Megas_Doux
09-22-2014, 06:29 PM
I can barely contain my disappointment...
The only thing I want is that Shao Jun game, and now it looks like I'll probably never play it...

Ubisoft, please release the Shao Jun game seperate from the seasn pass. I can't **** money :/

I think this even rules out a possible game in China......

LoyalACFan
09-22-2014, 06:29 PM

Exactly. If it was inspired by a single sketch of concept art, what could that concept art be for, I wonder... :rolleyes: Though I kind of feel like it will be in 2016 if anything. 2015's game will probably be another Arno game, or at least a game set in a similar setting with similar mechanics. I feel like they're just whetting our appetites, but all in all it looks like a really beautiful, creative take on AC. Don't understand all the "wahhh, never getting a full China game now" complaints.

Dead Kings looks cool as well. I'm getting a real "Ezio in Cappadocia" vibe from it, actually (probably because of the cloak + pilgrimage theme). And the guillotine gun is so ridiculously stupid I can't help but adore it.

Edit- also, why the hell does Arno have a full beard here?

http://i.imgur.com/bYhG0YD.jpg

I mean, it's a great beard, but come on. He doesn't even look like the same guy. It's like AC3's box art all over again.

Reptilis91
09-22-2014, 06:35 PM
For God's sake. I'm hyped.

I really like Dead Kings' atmosphere, and Ubisoft Montplellier is doing the job, good news IMO.

http://i.imgur.com/uvQhebj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RzafxqW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U3FEYJR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hoAd92a.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ShMo9YO.jpg

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Exactly. If it was inspired by a single sketch of concept art, what could that concept art be for, I wonder... :rolleyes: Though I kind of feel like it will be in 2016 if anything. 2015's game will probably be another Arno game, or at least a game set in a similar setting with similar mechanics. I feel like they're just whetting our appetites, but all in all it looks like a really beautiful, creative take on AC. Don't understand all the "wahhh, never getting a full China game now" complaints.

Japan in that cellphone game, China in this game, all of this could be a prelude and a hint that we are moving to Asia.

Dead Kings looks cool as well. I'm getting a real "Ezio in Cappadocia" vibe from it, actually (probably because of the cloak + pilgrimage theme). And the guillotine gun is so ridiculously stupid I can't help but adore it.

Edit- also, why the hell does Arno have a full beard here?

http://i.imgur.com/bYhG0YD.jpg

I mean, it's a great beard, but come on. He doesn't even look like the same guy. It's like AC3's box art all over again.

Exploring those tunnels will make him a man.

LoyalACFan
09-22-2014, 06:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ShMo9YO.jpg

Looks a bit like Duncan Walpole's robes here.

Reptilis91
09-22-2014, 06:43 PM
WTF?

http://i.imgur.com/WEiCniA.jpg

Obviously the right one is better.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Yeah that promotional image of bearded Arno is really weird. You can barely make out his beard from the in-game screenshots yet he looks like Chuck Norris on what will presumably be the cover.

Why do the promotional images NEVER resemble the protagonist?

LoyalACFan
09-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah that promotional image of bearded Arno is really weird. You can barely make out his beard from the in-game screenshots yet he looks like Chuck Norris on what will presumably be the cover.

Why do the promotional images NEVER resemble the protagonist?

Because perma-frowning stubbly guys sell better I guess

SHADOWGARVIN
09-22-2014, 06:44 PM
I figured as much. Thanks.

You're welcome.

NondairyGold
09-22-2014, 06:45 PM
So true!

A lot of those "opinions" are complaints about not getting something different to what's there. I think it looks amazing. However I would like to know if it's going to be included in the Guillotine edition, or will we have to shell out the E30 extra for it. Either way it's a must buy... in my opinion!!

killzab
09-22-2014, 06:46 PM
- The other ACs in 2.5 sucked.
- People want to explore China in 3D since it would be a great novelty.
- Female protagonist relegated in a DLC.

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 06:48 PM
And that hat must be hard.

Megas_Doux
09-22-2014, 06:48 PM
WTF?

http://i.imgur.com/WEiCniA.jpg

Obviously the right one is better.

HELL no!!

Manly Beard>>>>>>everything.!

m4r-k7
09-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Really impressed with the season pass as it feels like its great value for money.

However, it makes me think that we are never going to get a full China game which is upsetting. I just don't see how it could be a prelude. They know people want a China game so much, so why bring out this when they could have suprised everyone with a full china game.

AherasSTRG
09-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Beard > All

Pretty impressive Season Pass. I guess we won't be getting a game in China, but maybe a game in Japan.

PS: Kinda disappointed by the 2.5D game. But, then again, Mark of the Ninja is considered one of the best Stealth games ever, so...

m4r-k7
09-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Arno looks like he is wearing Templar Armour on the cover of Dead Kings... actually he looks very similar to Shay... and he gets a new gun that makes him look even more like Shay.

Sesheenku
09-22-2014, 07:05 PM
That DLC actually sounds acceptable. I might consider paying for the first two. Not sure about the 2.5D crap though.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-22-2014, 07:08 PM
So this basically confirms "No China" for a real game.

Also... whoa look, hey. A female protagonist. In a spin off game. So now female Assassins are in a handheld spinoff to AC3 and another game that is a 2.5D game that is ALSO China.

Ughhhhh. I was so excited for the season pass trailer as it looked like a season pass perhaps worth getting but I'm almost too bummed about China to care. I guess I could get it just so that Ubisoft realizes that we want a full fledged game set in China.

Who wants to place bets that the next main AC will feature another 18th century location, most likely in Europe or European-influenced areas?

Edit: that said, the art style of Chronicles is cool.

@LoyalAC: What if that concept art was that well known FAN concept art of Chinese AC? bahaha

We shall see. who knows? It may very well end up being being the next AC or the one after. I just find it doubtful now. It seems odd to whet our appetites rather than wait for a reveal of huge, 3D-realized China that fans have wanted for a while which would have made probably a lot of people **** their pants, figuratively. Or literally as the case may be. Perhaps this was a "kneejerk" reaction to the "y no females in co-op" controversy so they're like "wait no, look, we have no problem with female Assassins!" Which if it is... defeats the entire purpose of why I want a female Assassin in the first place. And a China AC as well. Again, we shall see!

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 07:11 PM

Also... whoa look, hey. A female protagonist. In a spin off game. So now female Assassins are in a handheld spinoff to AC3 and another game that is a 2.5D game that is ALSO China.

Ughhhhh. I was so excited for the season pass trailer as it looked like a season pass perhaps worth getting but I'm almost too bummed about China to care. I guess I could get it just so that Ubisoft realizes that we want a full fledged game set in China.

Who wants to place bets that the next main AC will feature another 18th century location, most likely in Europe or European-influenced areas?

This doesn't confirm anything and it's not like they have the obligation to visit other areas of the world.

m4r-k7
09-22-2014, 07:14 PM
This doesn't confirm anything and it's not like they have the obligation to visit other areas of the world.

Lets be honest, they aren't exactly going to give us a Shao Jun China game now that they have done a 2.5d game on it.

AherasSTRG
09-22-2014, 07:17 PM

Haven't they run out of popular events in the 18th century by now?

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Lets be honest, they aren't exactly going to give us a Shao Jun China game now that they have done a 2.5d game on it.

Shao Jun is out of the question now but not China.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-22-2014, 07:19 PM

k.

AherasSTRG
09-22-2014, 07:20 PM
A 2.5D game in China =/= No game in Japan though...

m4r-k7
09-22-2014, 07:23 PM
AC Chronicles China looks very similar to Mark of the Ninja and that was a great game. I am sure it will be an interesting game with a stunning art style but whyyyyyyyyyyyy :( :( :( :(

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Haven't they run out of popular events in the 18th century by now?

Man, I hope so. Even if it's not China for the next game, I just really hope it's not 18th century again. I also don't want it to be 19th century either. Or later obviously. I'd rather them return to an older time period. And China is great because they'd have their pick of any number of time period where there'd be interesting story potential, the cities would or could be slightly exaggerated to be dense because China was always more dense architecturally than say Japan or other locations so there are plenty of time periods that China would work from both a story and gameplay perspective.

I AM going to be disappointed if they make a Chinese AC and the protagonist is male. Like cool, chinese guy, still something different. But it will just make the fact that the girl was once again relegated to a side game even more prominent than it already is -_-

Also, a Chinese AC with a female character would also let me pretend I'm running around as a Kyoshi Warrior or Korra and that's cool too.

killzab
09-22-2014, 07:25 PM
A 2.5D game in China =/= No game in Japan though...

I want Japan AND China

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 07:30 PM
And Korea

GunnerGalactico
09-22-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm rather disappointed that Shao Jun is not starring in a main game. Ming Dynasty China would've really been a beautiful setting.

Journey93
09-22-2014, 07:47 PM
what the hell? that china game looks like ****
I was hoping for a real title taking place in China not some rip off IOS game poor Shao Jun..
she would be perfect as a protagonist for a future AC title especially with all the controversy about female protagonists
one would think that Ubisoft learned something

the dead kings stuff looks very interesting but I will just buy that seperately no need for the Season pass
I can pass on extra items etc.

Sushiglutton
09-22-2014, 07:47 PM
Let's count the AC games being released this year:

AC: Smartphone
AC: Mordor
Assassin's Green
AC: Unity
AC: Rogue
AC: China

Not bad :)!

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Very mixed feelings from me as always:

1. Arno DLC looks very cool, love the dark tone.
2. The 30+ items pissed me off, they are obviously made are releasing this after for pure money sake.
3. Shao DLC looks cool but... god damn, why a 2.5D game? Disappointed in that aspect.
4. 3 missions - I think I get them all with the Guillotine Edition

So I'm not buying the season pass this year. I will buy the Arno and Shao DLC but I am not paying for extra cosmetics.

Journey93
09-22-2014, 07:52 PM

Edit: that said, the art style of Chronicles is cool.

@LoyalAC: What if that concept art was that well known FAN concept art of Chinese AC? bahaha

We shall see. who knows? It may very well end up being being the next AC or the one after. I just find it doubtful now. It seems odd to whet our appetites rather than wait for a reveal of huge, 3D-realized China that fans have wanted for a while which would have made probably a lot of people **** their pants, figuratively. Or literally as the case may be. Perhaps this was a "kneejerk" reaction to the "y no females in co-op" controversy so they're like "wait no, look, we have no problem with female Assassins!" Which if it is... defeats the entire purpose of why I want a female Assassin in the first place. And a China AC as well. Again, we shall see!

god if it is another 18th century location in Europe.. that would be the worst thing
I mean with AC they have so many unlimited possibilites but instead they stay in America and Europe.. boring
what about China or Egypt?

HoIcon
09-22-2014, 07:53 PM
I love the part at 2:14 where Shao kicks a guard in the head and his blood splashes like paint :D!

I'm glad they brought the hidden boot blades back

Reptilis91
09-22-2014, 07:55 PM
I think a main AC will never have a pre-existing character as the protagonist. It will always be a new Assassin never seen before.

HoIcon
09-22-2014, 07:59 PM
3 missions - I think I get them all with the Guillotine Edition

you will get 2 of them with the Guillotine edition, the last one is part of the Unite program

Brostok
09-22-2014, 08:08 PM
So, basically, every DLC of every Edition is covered by this season pass.
I'm so gonna cancel my 2 Bastille Edition pre-orders, as i don't care about the physical stuff -_-

dxsxhxcx
09-22-2014, 08:09 PM
a comic about Shao Jun would've been much better than this 2.5D game...

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 08:11 PM
you will get 2 of them with the Guillotine edition, the last one is part of the Unite program

In that case, I still get all 3 cause I did the Unite thing.

I do not stand by them making cosmetic DLC. I can only think that this will become a trend in future :\

HoIcon
09-22-2014, 08:29 PM
So, basically, every DLC of every Edition is covered by this season pass.
I'm so gonna cancel my 2 Bastille Edition pre-orders, as i don't care about the physical stuff -_-

yep, i also believe that the special edition/retailer specific weapons and clothing are part of the 30+ new items mentioned at 1:44

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-22-2014, 08:35 PM
god if it is another 18th century location in Europe.. that would be the worst thing
I mean with AC they have so many unlimited possibilites but instead they stay in America and Europe.. boring
what about China or Egypt?

China, Egypt... heck they could even visit Ancient Babylon. Found this from super duper religious-y website and obviously it's just an artist's rendition... but just LOOK

http://api.ning.com/files/6VMXe-q-6YNnI2u-X6Xefx8sU4TylN*ebbMUUOTRObiSHPy5u8*66d*kEEwdhsXN6Q rdgUNFYfqv2arNwmiQLJ-COqfXTIJR/babylon.jpg

They have so many opportunities and places to visit and now they've moved one of the coolest to a 2.5D game. It's not even that the Shau Jun game will be BAD. It's just everyone knows a 3D china game would be a blast to explore.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-22-2014, 08:44 PM
In that case, I still get all 3 cause I did the Unite thing.

I do not stand by them making cosmetic DLC. I can only think that this will become a trend in future :\

Yeah not fond of it either. I'm not wondering whether I should buy the season pass or just buy the Shao Jun game and DLC separately. I wonder how expensive it'll be that way. Like if the Shao Jun game is $20, and the DLC is $10 -- I might as well get the season pass and get the items too even if I hate it. Same price.

Idk... we all know it's going to be a trend. It's been gaining momentum since it was first started. I have a feeling it won't end very soon. And if it's going to cost the same (or more) to get just the DLC and Shao Jun game as opposed to just getting the Season Pass, I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

It is frustrating though. At least they're not PURELY cosmetic. They're said to alter gameplay (though probably very minimally for sure) but yeah.

Actually, I've never bought a Season Pass -- can you buy a season pass any time after the game is released or even if the DLC is released and stuff? I don't like the idea of committing to it without knowing if I truly will enjoy ACU and what if the DLC is ridiculously short, or the Shao Jun game is little more than a glorified iOS game or is also really short, etc. I'd rather wait for reviews of them but would I still be able to get the season pass if the reviews are good?

Also... Dead Kings DOES look cool. I assume we'll still be able to customize Arno and we won't be FORCED to wear that outfit necessarily. But at least it's DLC that's set in a completely new area. The Da Vinci Disappearance was set in the same area as the rest of the game (Rome) and that's basically it. The DLC for ACR was just more of the first person Portal-esque puzzle areas so not the REAL AC gameplay. TOKW was set in the Frontier/same cities as AC3 albeit with new powers. AC2's were set in the same cities from the main game but I believe there was a new district to explore in one of them? I need to play those.

But anyway... this looks like a brand new place and it looks like it has more of an Acre filter over it compared to the Paris shown in the main ACU game. As long as it's a fully explorable city or part of Paris, that's cool! It would feel more like a classic expansion pack than past DLC (story or otherwise) has felt.

That said... I hope it's not short and comes with its fair share of side missions, activities, exploration, etc. I hope all of our customization (outfits, weapons, etc.) carry over. Freedom Cry was like a classic Expansion Pack more or less but nothing carried over. It featured a different character though so hopefully it's not some separate thing either. I'd really rather not have to select "Main game" or "Dead Kings" in the main menu. I just want to SEAMLESSLY travel to the new area and play the new story within the main game itself. Is that wishful thinking at this point?

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Yeah not fond of it either. I'm not wondering whether I should buy the season pass or just buy the Shao Jun game and DLC separately. I wonder how expensive it'll be that way. Like if the Shao Jun game is $20, and the DLC is $10 -- I might as well get the season pass and get the items too even if I hate it. Same price.

Idk... we all know it's going to be a trend. It's been gaining momentum since it was first started. I have a feeling it won't end very soon. And if it's going to cost the same (or more) to get just the DLC and Shao Jun game as opposed to just getting the Season Pass, I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

It is frustrating though. At least they're not PURELY cosmetic. They're said to alter gameplay (though probably very minimally for sure) but yeah.

Actually, I've never bought a Season Pass -- can you buy a season pass any time after the game is released or even if the DLC is released and stuff? I don't like the idea of committing to it without knowing if I truly will enjoy ACU and what if the DLC is ridiculously short, or the Shao Jun game is little more than a glorified iOS game or is also really short, etc. I'd rather wait for reviews of them but would I still be able to get the season pass if the reviews are good?

I'm buying it separately. I've decided to just get the Arno DLC, i'm loving the tone and the fact another studio is focusing on it as we speak so it should be good. Not even sure if the Shao one is worth it for me, will probably watch a playthrough of it and I get all those 3 missions anyway.

The thing about the customisable items is that they basically ARE cosmetic. There aren't going to be 30+ new "catagories/skills" associated with the items. By this I mean you might have boots in the game that reduce fall damage, you get the same thing in the "DLC" but they are just skinned different.

And yeah, you can get a season pass afterwards, its not a pre order only thing.

AC4's one is still here - http://us.playstation.com/games/add-ons/assassins-creediv-black-flag-season-pass-ps3-ps4.html

Hans684
09-22-2014, 09:08 PM
a comic about Shao Jun would've been much better than this 2.5D game...

Agree.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-22-2014, 09:24 PM
The Shao Jun game is a season pass exclusive. Ergo you can't buy it separately.

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 09:26 PM

Really? Oh well, that confirms that it must not be that important as a whole then.

ShoryukenMan
09-22-2014, 09:45 PM
This is the coolest season pass I have EVER seen.

I'm glad that the Dead Kings dlc takes place after the main game. I know it's probably a bit spoilery, but I always love to see what happens after the main game is complete.

The 3 Arno missions is fine with me, since I'm only going to be picking up the standard edition of the game.

Extra cosmetics? That's something that I don't really care about one way or another, but it's cool that they're included I suppose.

A bonus China game starring Shao Jun?! I'm all over that. In fact, that's what sealed the deal for me. Reminds me a lot of Prince of Persia, which I LOVE!

HoIcon
09-22-2014, 09:59 PM
China, Egypt... heck they could even visit Ancient Babylon. Found this from super duper religious-y website and obviously it's just an artist's rendition... but just LOOK

http://api.ning.com/files/6VMXe-q-6YNnI2u-X6Xefx8sU4TylN*ebbMUUOTRObiSHPy5u8*66d*kEEwdhsXN6Q rdgUNFYfqv2arNwmiQLJ-COqfXTIJR/babylon.jpg

They have so many opportunities and places to visit and now they've moved one of the coolest to a 2.5D game. It's not even that the Shau Jun game will be BAD. It's just everyone knows a 3D china game would be a blast to explore.

That brings back my Prince of Persia feels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKHU7C8-MdA

I'd love to go back to Babylon

MnemonicSyntax
09-22-2014, 10:04 PM
All this talk about Shao Jun and what may or may not happen with her and China as a future setting is so ironic.

Shao Jun received this game because of her popularity for ten minutes in an animated short. Whose to say the popularity of this won't make something more out of it?

If there's one thing that people talk about with Assassin's Creed is tradition. Yet, Ubisoft mixes up tradition just about every year. Why does AC4 have a subtitle and AC3 doesn't. Why does Godzio get three games and everyone else gets one? Why isn't Unity numbered? Why doesn't Rogue have DLC.

Ubisoft generally does what they do because of fan demand. As much as I think China would be a terrible place to have a setting and extremely cliche, I have little doubt that because the fans want it. This game might be the proving ground for that.

Even if not, it's still proof that Ubisoft listens.

SlyTrooper
09-22-2014, 10:05 PM
Best DLC they've ever made. I'm actually going to get this season pass since it doesn't have all the multiplayer crap. Really glad to see Shao Jun again. And that Dead Kings DLC... yummy.

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 10:12 PM
All this talk about Shao Jun and what may or may not happen with her and China as a future setting is so ironic.

Shao Jun received this game because of her popularity for ten minutes in an animated short. Whose to say the popularity of this won't make something more out of it?

Well for one, its season pass exclusive so anyone who doesn't buy the season pass wont be able to experience it.

Best DLC they've ever made. I'm actually going to get this season pass since it doesn't have all the multiplayer crap. Really glad to see Shao Jun again. And that Dead Kings DLC... yummy.

Nice prejudging there :s

MnemonicSyntax
09-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Well for one, its season pass exclusive so anyone who doesn't buy the season pass wont be able to experience it.

And Benedict Arnold's DLC was exclusively for Playstation yet I have it on PC.

Again, tradition doesn't dictate anything because it keeps changing.

That's the entire thread.

SlyTrooper
09-22-2014, 10:16 PM

Don't judge me. I will eat your soul! Muhahahaha...

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 10:16 PM
And Benedict Arnold's DLC was exclusively for Playstation yet I have it on PC.

Again, tradition doesn't dictate anything because it keeps changing.

Thats cause a PC isn't a console... It doesn't count. Just like the UK isn't a part of Europe when it comes to gaming.

And no, not the entire thread. People are excited about the DLC concepts are not saying "Best DLC EVER"

MnemonicSyntax
09-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Thats cause a PC isn't a console... It doesn't count. Just like the UK isn't a part of Europe when it comes to gaming.

It doesn't? That's why the PC didn't get the Copernicus Conspiracy?

Tradition.

And no, not the entire thread. People are excited about the DLC concepts are not saying "Best DLC EVER"

Prejudging. For the worst.

SlyTrooper
09-22-2014, 10:20 PM

I am entitled to my own opinion.

BK-110
09-22-2014, 10:23 PM

Source? The video just says it's available for all season pass owners. Haven't heard anything about exclusivity.

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 10:24 PM
I am entitled to my own opinion.

Didn't say you weren't.

I was just saying thats a massive prejudge.

Its like making a cake, but before you make the cake you say its the best cake ever.

HDinHB
09-22-2014, 10:37 PM

That's the entire internet. :p

LOL at "guillotine gun."

It might be worth it if I get to find out what's in Shao Jun's box.

SlyTrooper
09-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Didn't say you weren't.

I was just saying thats a massive prejudge.

Its like making a cake, but before you make the cake you say its the best cake ever.

But every cake I make is the best cake ever. :p

aL_____eX
09-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Wow, don't know what to think about the season pass. I never bought one before because I always got myself the most expensive edition which already covered most of the things. But this time... What I can say is that I really like the atmosphere of Dead Kings, this seems to become awesome, although Ubisoft did a very bad job in mostly spoiling Unity's storyline. And the Shao Jun game... maaaan, i always wanted China and look at those concept arts. This would make the best atmosphere an AC ever had and now they're wasting this setting for a 2.5D game. But it still looks impressiive and although I'm a bit disappointed, I would love to play it.

@pac: It looks like the Shao Jun thing is Season Pass exclusive, so if we don't get it, we won't get the Shao Jun game. Could be wrong though. And for the 30+ items... I can't stand this. I hope they stop doing such stupid things again one day. But it looks like the era of paying extra money for everything, even little cosmetic details has just begun.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Hm... not sure where it's said China is exclusive to the Season Pass...

But regardless, I'll just wait, see what I think of ACU and then decide whether to get the Season Pass.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-22-2014, 11:08 PM
It's normal for season passes to have exclusive content.

GoldenBoy9999
09-22-2014, 11:18 PM
Wow, this is very cool and I'm really hyped for this. I have a pretty good amount of things to say about this.

Around the release of AC3 at Gamestop I noticed some display boards advertising The Tyranny of King Washington. I didn't really know what this was because I just wanted to pick up my copy of AC3. I decided to pick up one of the hand outs. I started reading it and I figured out it was a "season pass". I pondered it and I thought it was a different idea to not include all of the content in the game. I had never heard of a season pass( I didn't have internet guys). Anyway, I bought it digitally after I had beaten AC3 and I awaited the first episode.

I thought the invisibility was a cool change of pace and I loved the tone and alternate story it had going on. I also liked how Connor knew it was fake because of things like the picture fragments and so. It also showed the death of his mother again and it was interesting because he said he knew it would happen. I really liked the overall perspective. It kept me waiting until the next episode and I loved when they got the ship back and sailed to New York. When I saw that huge pyramid I flipped because it was such a cool idea that people were being ruled by GW in this huge pyramid. It's my favorite DLC to this day and beats Freedom Cry because although I like Adewale and his story, it was a lot like AC4 and bound to real life.

AC4's season pass burned me. I initially thought Freedom Cry because I thought it came out in episodes so I got the season pass. After waiting for more content I realized a lot of it was for MP. I recently started playing MP though and I'm about Prestige 2 so it has became more worth it.

As I was wondering what Unity's Season Pass would be I was grateful multiplayer was gone because then all of the content would be single player. I was a little worried that it would be Co-op maps but all co-op missions are playable SP I'm pretty sure. Overall I thought it would be SP. With the reveal of this DLC I feel like I'll definitely be getting my money's worth because I get so much content and another whole game.

Now, up to present day. While watching the trailer I thought about quite a few things. I really like the dark tone. Someone said it was Dark Souls/fantasy looking. I think this is really cool because it's kind of a cross between TOKW and the main campaign. Just a little though. Whoever said they had an Ezio Cappadocia vibe, I had the same feeling. The brown hood and cape, the pilgrimage, the wiser older self. I know I'll enjoy this DLC a lot more of Freedom Cry. This is because people who loved AC4's tropical setting loved FC. People like me who like more dark and colder settings will like this DLC.

Alex mentions puzzles which are cool and I can imagine more platforming, tomb like environments from AC2 and ACB to return.

The Guillotine Gun may be my least favorite part out of this DLC. It reminds me of a combination of the blunderbuss and the machete from FC. I don't really like it. In one of the clips you see Arno using a number of wepons to dispatch enemies with one ofthem being a rifle/shotgun looking thing. This show how well you can customize your character. It seems as if you want your charcter to be a gun focused charcter then you can even use it as a melee weapon which I didn't know until today.

"The darkest story we've ever told in AC" is a really cool quote and it makes me excited.

Mayrice, I agree that it seems as though China is but one in multiple Chronicles games. The color around China makes it seem as that spot will take the place of another country or character. I would like to see the Robin Hood-like guy to be featured in one so Ubi can see if fan response is good.

In regards to ACC: China itself, I actually thought it was an iOS game at first and I was disappointed because Alex said downloadable which made me think of mobile games. It looks really cool IMO. I love 2D platformers and I want to get some more of them for my current gen console. The art style is great. Mark of the Ninja is an amazing game so I'm sure this one can be good too. p.s. Klei is awesome! :D

I also like Shao Jun and how this expands on the AC Universe. I love inter-connectivity. This side character who was featured in the Ezio video to give him an end is now featured in her own game which is a part if the season pass for Arno which also connects to Rogue's story which is a mid-quel between AC3 and AC4. I like seeing all of the characters being fleshed out and given lore.

The 3 missions don't interest me because I'm already getting 2 of them and they're usually mediocre anyway. One of the bonus missions in AC4 was literally colecting chests :p. The 30 customization items do draw me in though because it's one of my most hyped features for ACU.

Overall this Season Pass looks amazing and I feel like this is going to be my favorite AC game now. I feel like getting the complete experience because I'm also getting the Collector's Edition. It seems like I already know a lot about Arno's story and kind of feels like this is enough content for one game about Arno.

"This season pass is the biggest and most diverse Assassin's Creed experience yet". Now I can agree with diverse, but big? I don't know about this quote. Wouldn't the actual game be the biggest? :confused:

Heads up: On the UbiBlog it says if you pre-order the season pass you'll get the double handed war axe. This seems a little pushy but I don't mind too bad. I've been pre-ordering AC since AC3, and I've bought the season passes at release day since AC3 as well. I guess this is the next step Ubi wants me to take. Maybe they'll want people to pre-order the next AC before it's reveal for exclusive content. Again, this wouldn't be too outrageous because a lot of people purchase AC annually anyway.

With this, ACU, ACC: China, and Rogue it's just an AC overload! I'm so happy! :D

GreySkellig
09-22-2014, 11:31 PM
What I'm taking away from this, as an optimistic fellow:

-2.5D Shao Jun title could just as easily herald a sequence of Eastern (China, Russia, India) games as rule it out.

-Dead Kings looks fantastic. Studying the French Revolution at uni this semester, and the sense of societal breakdown conveyed by the art style is great. I'm assuming it will be a Freedom Cry style expansion (with its own city, free roam, side quests, etc) although hopefully more fleshed out.

-Looks like all of the ludicrous pre-order bonuses will migrate to Season Pass, as I'd hoped. Hurray! I want that sweet, sweet customization, but I refuse to support pre-order nonsense.

-$30 seems reasonable for this season pass. I'd guess $15 for Dead Kings, $10 for Shao Jun's game, so the extra $5 gets you the pre-order side quests, items, and whatever else they seem to be hinting will be added.

GoldenBoy9999
09-22-2014, 11:41 PM
The fact that the weapons carry over is pretty cool but this is meant to be played after you beat the campaign so you won't need them that much. On second thought, I usually horse around in the open world so it'll be cool to use those weapons in Paris.
Edit: here are some more pics.
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedUnity/ACU_DLC_2-Flying_Street_Logo_1411401062.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedUnity/ACU_DLC_3-Graveyard_Logo_1411401072.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedUnity/ACU_DLC_4-Underground_Stealth_Logo_1411401080.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedUnity/ACU_DLC_5-Windmill_Perch_Logo_1411401094.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedUnity/ACU245_ACC_Combat_ForbiddenCity_1411401033.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedUnity/ACU245_ACC_Running_Landscape_1411401037.jpg

HoIcon
09-22-2014, 11:50 PM
The fact that the weapons carry over is pretty cool but this is meant to be played after you beat the campaign so you won't need them that much. On second thought, I usually horse around in the open world so it'll be cool to use those weapons in Paris.

I'm sure you could use those weapons in co-op with a friend who is still playing through the game

LoyalACFan
09-23-2014, 12:02 AM
I think a main AC will never have a pre-existing character as the protagonist. It will always be a new Assassin never seen before.

Edward Kenway says hi

KG_NOx
09-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Amancio said Dead Kings takes place after Unity, but it said 1794 and Unity is supposed to take place between 1789-1799.... Also, I like the different take they did with Shao Jun.... and it looks like it could be just as good as a full main title... though I foresee people complaining because it's not a "real" assassin's creed game starring her.

Does this mean that we'll be getting a arno sequel???? cause napoleon became emperor 10 years after this dlc, who knows:)

LoyalACFan
09-23-2014, 12:20 AM

I don't know where you heard that, but they've said before that the game ends right after the death of Robespierre.

KG_NOx
09-23-2014, 12:22 AM
which is exactly the year of the "dead kings"

Xstantin
09-23-2014, 12:25 AM
DLC gives me Dishonored vibes for some reason. Looks promising.

GoldenBoy9999
09-23-2014, 01:08 AM
I'm sure you could use those weapons in co-op with a friend who is still playing through the game

Good point! It's all persistent. :o

GreySkellig
09-23-2014, 01:25 AM
I'm starting to get really excited for AC:U. Amancio has delivered in the past, the setting, graphics and features look great, and now the season pass gives me the extra items I wanted plus a new story in a new city, and a totally unexpected platformer.

Too bad I won't be buying a PS4 until sometime in late 2015...oh well, I guess I'll have to tide myself over with Rogue. With it's recycledness. And its terrible accents. And its $60 price tag. But hey, important story chapter! :p

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-23-2014, 01:46 AM
I didn't understand what he said when he said who is developing dead kings who is ?

HoIcon
09-23-2014, 01:55 AM
I didn't understand what he said when he said who is developing dead kings who is ?

A dedicated team at Ubisoft Montpellier

This version has subtitles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9bTOUspouE&list=UU0KU8F9jJqSLS11LRXvFWmg

Bashilir
09-23-2014, 02:08 AM
Looks interesting. I reeeeeaaaally love the morbid tone given just from what was shown in the brief part for "Dead Kings". Of course, I love the hood+cloak look so maybe I'm a little biased. :rolleyes:

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-23-2014, 02:13 AM
I also hope dead kings is about 7-8 hours long

LoyalACFan
09-23-2014, 02:27 AM
I also hope dead kings is about 7-8 hours long

Keep dreaming. The entire Season Pass is only touted as 8 hours, and we know how Ubi likes to exaggerate their bonus content...

JustPlainQuirky
09-23-2014, 02:42 AM
thats some short DLC man

that means the Shao Jun game is super short too.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-23-2014, 02:46 AM
Keep dreaming. The entire Season Pass is only touted as 8 hours, and we know how Ubi likes to exaggerate their bonus content...

6 hours for dead kings and 2 for shao jun

Shahkulu101
09-23-2014, 02:50 AM
6 hours for dead kings and 2 for shao jun

The three bonus missions are included so guess again...

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-23-2014, 03:06 AM
The three bonus missions are included so guess again...

ok 6 hours for dead king 30 min for three missions and hour and a half for shao jun

Shahkulu101
09-23-2014, 03:13 AM
ok 6 hours for dead king 30 min for three missions and hour and a half for shao jun

Probably accurate.

Ubi_41bja
09-23-2014, 03:30 AM
All I can say about Chronicles China is that it seems like an experience that will be interesting in the sense of how different the gameplay style is from other games in the franchise. Also I wonder if it'll be released as a standalone, separate from the Season Pass.

pacmanate
09-23-2014, 04:02 AM
All I can say about Chronicles China is that it seems like an experience that will be interesting in the sense of how different the gameplay style is from other games in the franchise. Also I wonder if it'll be released as a standalone, separate from the Season Pass.

I dont think either will. Arnos is a direct prequel and Shaos is season pass exclusive apparently.

GoldenBoy9999
09-23-2014, 04:20 AM
An hour and a half is pretty short for the China game. I expected more. We can always free roam in the new French city I guess which can increase play time. I don't know about you guys but I just run around a lot so I'll like a new city to change things up.

LthspLL
09-23-2014, 04:25 AM
So Is this Season Pass included in any of the Collector's editions?

JustPlainQuirky
09-23-2014, 05:02 AM
@pac

Arno's is a direct prequel?

u talkin about the DLC?

cuz it says it takes place after Unity

Farlander1991
09-23-2014, 06:39 AM
To me this indeed looks like the best AC Season Pass yet :) We'll see how it all turns out.

poptartz20
09-23-2014, 08:04 AM
wow! I must say.. I didn't think there would be that much content. I wonder what the pricetag will be.

if it's $19.99 USD I might actually get one for the first time. I think that's actually not a bad deal for the NA considering we get nothing if you just outright buy the game normally. I must admit though I don't really care about the 30+ items. The shao Jun game I didn't see coming but it's a neat concept. ( does look like an iOS game... or an indie)

people will complain regardless. hopefully it's fully fleshed out. That's all I ask. Also I wonder if it will take place before of after she met with Ezio. Still thinking about that box!?

Now on side note.. this has me curious about what is coming out for rouge. if we can see Shao, but no connor or haytham . . . I swear. SO MUCH ANGST!

Reptilis91
09-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Edward Kenway says hi

It's different. I mean, Shao Jun or Eseosa rumors. A character with backstory, visuals.. Edward was just briefly mentionned.

Aphex_Tim
09-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Well I'll be damned, this actually convinced me to buy the season pass.
With previous games I never bothered since it included a lot of multiplayer stuff that I never played.
This one looks a lot more interesting though!

m4r-k7
09-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Also.....

http://i.imgur.com/qQcKG4D.jpg

I win

#Ancientreference

You never win! Not Arno's main outfit - I win!

pacmanate
09-23-2014, 01:14 PM
@pac

Arno's is a direct prequel?

u talkin about the DLC?

cuz it says it takes place after Unity

Sorry, I did mean sequel, I wrote that at 4am.

They would never release a direct sequel as a standalone. Will ruin the main game.

wvstolzing
09-23-2014, 02:09 PM
if it's $19.99 USD I might actually get one for the first time.

It'll be $30 at least: The 'gold edition' (gold ed. = normal game + season pass) is already priced at $90.

by the way, 8 hrs total does sound a bit short; especially considering that Ubisoft wildly exaggerates time estimations.

I do appreciate very much the fact that they revealed the entire content of the season pass -- not sure if that's common practice in the 'industry'. My impression is that people are expected to 'go in blind', when it comes to season passes at the time of / before release.

... and it looks like 'Dead Kings' will feature AC2-style crypt-exploration, hopefully with some PoP-style puzzle platforming thrown in. That's always good. I don't think I'll be able to afford this season pass, however, which isn't so good ... :(

DomdudeDaGreat
09-23-2014, 02:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByKZL2eCAAAMmFz.jpg

As much as I love the majority of the content of this season pass, I am not happy with the China Chronicles thing at all. I, and many people that I know, really wanted to see a main Assassin's Creed title set in China or the far east, as this would be a really nice setting for the series and provide a great contrast to Renaissance Italy and The Middle East (not mentioning America as the settings in the new games are largely boring and devoid of any interesting culture or landmarks). As a result it feels kind of cheap just to release a side scroller, almost like if they are saying "Oh you wanted China?" "Well here take this instead cause making a full game set in China would be far too much effort". As cool as the artstyle of the game is I really dont think it does the setting justice at all and It doesnt even bear any real link to Unity, it isnt even set in the same time period. It just doesnt make any sense to me tbh.

rrebe
09-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Looks like a fairly good Season Pass, but most likely I won't buy it. I'll get the three extra missions with my Guillotine Edition pre-order and Unite program. lol not going to pay twice for some missions I've already unlocked (or will unlock) :rolleyes: But I guess it's a good deal for those not able to pre-order/buy collector editions.

Dead Kings looks very interesting, so I'll probably get that and China chronicles if they're sold separately.

OR_drummerboi
09-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Dead Kings looks very interesting, so I'll probably get that and China chronicles if they're sold separately.

Dead kings has me very interested. the guy at GameStop convinced me to buy watchdogs with season pass. I haven't been very impressed. But this dlc looks worth the money.

pacmanate
09-23-2014, 03:20 PM
I would suggest buying the season pass (If you are thinking about it) AFTER the DLC hits so you can see reviews.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-23-2014, 07:12 PM
I like how AC DLC are separate games now.
TOKW, Freedom Cry, China whatever
but china game seems $5 worthy and im not about to pay $25 for bonus missions lol

pacmanate
09-23-2014, 07:42 PM
I like how AC DLC are separate games now.
TOKW, Freedom Cry, China whatever
but china game seems $5 worthy and im not about to pay $25 for bonus missions lol

Arno's DLC is a sequel to Unity. I doubt it will be a standalone title like TOKW and Freedom Cry.

TMS-GAMERS
09-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Arno's DLC is a sequel to Unity. I doubt it will be a standalone title like TOKW and Freedom Cry.

The Tyranny of King Washington isn't Standalone

is AC Chronicles : China release with Unity or Not ?

LoyalACFan
09-23-2014, 09:42 PM
is AC Chronicles : China release with Unity or Not ?

No, it'll be released later

GoldenBoy9999
09-24-2014, 01:36 AM
I would suggest buying the season pass (If you are thinking about it) AFTER the DLC hits so you can see reviews.

But if you don't pre-order the season pass you won't get the double handed war axe! :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
09-24-2014, 02:03 AM
First season pass I'm getting. Shao Jun for the win.

Syler99
09-24-2014, 04:09 AM
Wow, women are to hard to animate but ubi can sure paint them!

Slow clap for you guys....really wasting China and Jun on a very odd 2D platformer. Talk about out of place, why couldn't you give her an actual 3D realistic game? Is she to scary to animate? I like the fact she's here, I like her poster what I hate is you went insane making a 2D platformer talk about making her an other I guess when people who don't like Okami and don't like platformers don't buy her game you'll say it was because she was a woman is why she didn't bring in the cash right?

I'm disappointed and angry at this ubi, I would've actually bought unity just for her if her game was done in realistic style sure would've set you back what a whole year to render whatever your going to have in the game? but experiencing China in 3D would've been epic now its cartoonish and childish, part of the draw of this series it to walk the streets and see it as if I was standing in the actual city or space painting ruins that I'm looking at a canvas not the samething not at all and on top of that you wasted another female characters potential under developing Aveline now regulating Jun to fantasy sidescroller.

LoyalACFan
09-24-2014, 06:51 AM
Wow, women are to hard to animate but ubi can sure paint them!

No one at Ubi ever said this, I don't know where this misquote is coming from.

Slow clap for you guys....really wasting China and Jun on a very odd 2D platformer.

Yes, because making one game with a character/setting instantly precludes the possibility of ever revisiting them again forever...

HiddenKiller612
09-24-2014, 06:58 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3736706304/h0CFDA84F/

The_Kiwi_
09-24-2014, 10:13 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3736706304/h0CFDA84F/

I laughed far too hard at that.

Does anyone know if AC:C China will be on the PS3/Vita? It's obviously a stand-alone game, and I don't see any reason why PS3/Vita can't handle it, so any news on this front?
I would love to play it on my Vita, is seems perfect for it.

roostersrule2
09-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Will buy this.I doubt this means the end for a Chinese game either.

Mr_Shade
09-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Back on topic please guys, lets not start infighting...

Thanks ;)

Houck
09-24-2014, 11:18 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByKZL2eCAAAMmFz.jpg

I laughed alittle too hard at that.

pacmanate
09-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Will buy this.I doubt this means the end for a Chinese game either.

Exactly what I was saying. Ubisoft aren't going to throw away an entire country cause it was used in a 2.5D game.

GoldenBoy9999
09-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Some new info about Dead Kings:

Use Arno’s lantern to advance in the dark, fend off the animals creeping around the catacombs, and solve ancestral puzzles. Alternatively, put out the lantern and become one with the shadows.

By animals I guess they could actually mean animals or they could be talking about the raiders like we saw. I didn't think Unity had a animal/hunting system so it'd be weird to kill them in Dead Kings.

The lantern thing is pretty cool. You can turn it off to be strategic and sneak up on people. I hope the lantern is tied to the waist so we don't have to jog. I don't want a whole DLC of AC3's tunnels.

Also, guys if you want this cool weapon, the double handed war axe, pre-order the season pass to get it. I want to warn people to prevent the " Hey that's cool where'd you get it?" and the following disappointment. It may be cool to own the weapon others don't. Just a heads up.
https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/mAybCIeY2yTBl3nPR8srWLzwIeqTuhfotfD2N8HKxF1EV_9Gro dc2v1pqc3BHVPPJqdMubpOmxQMu3HtIiwfovPzvT5ivCft19C7 cj7X2of3IbDUdihGpuRDAnlOoMbaKvnbzA=s0-d-e1-ft#http://static2.ubi.com/newsletters/2014/PI-ASSU-NCSA-E-BC-140922/images/r7.jpg

Source:http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/dlc/assassins-creed-unity-seasonpass.aspx?utm_source=ncsa_crm&utm_medium=email&utm_content=CTA2image&utm_campaign=PI-ASSU-NCSA-E-BC-140922

pacmanate
09-25-2014, 12:40 AM
Okay, now I will say it. This pre-order items incentive is out of hand.

Xstantin
09-25-2014, 12:48 AM
I'd preorder it cause I have spare monies but I don't see it in PSstore.
I can't believe I might not get this godly war axe :rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
09-25-2014, 01:45 AM

Indeed. "Hey folks, preorder the season pass so that you can get all the preorder bonuses plus this other NEW preorder bonus that you can only get by preordering the season pass full of preorder bonuses!"

I'm still totally going to get it though :( Somebody stop me

pacmanate
09-25-2014, 01:50 AM
I bet all these pre order bonuses will come in some stupid pack for like £2.99. Theres easily 10+ of them now.

HDinHB
09-25-2014, 01:55 AM
Indeed. "Hey folks, preorder the season pass so that you can get all the preorder bonuses plus this other NEW preorder bonus that you can only get by preordering the season pass full of preorder bonuses!"

I'm still totally going to get it though :( Somebody stop me

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e8ca2f902117586f18a1f5c4d311ca03/tumblr_n48ycgjZ5i1riftaxo1_500.gif

LoyalACFan
09-25-2014, 01:55 AM
I bet all these pre order bonuses will come in some stupid pack for like £2.99. Theres easily 10+ of them now.

I thought that's what the "expand your experience in Paris" pack was?

Xstantin
09-25-2014, 02:01 AM
I thought that's what the "expand your experience in Paris" pack was?

"Expand your experience in Paris even more"

GoldenBoy9999
09-25-2014, 03:11 AM

Yep, it sure is. I mentioned this in another post but no one noticed. I joked that they'll give you exclusive content if you pre-order the next AC before it's announced. I'm glad you guys noticed.

I'd preorder it cause I have spare monies but I don't see it in PSstore.
I can't believe I might not get this godly war axe :rolleyes:
I was going to get the season pass anyway so I might as well pre-order it. I've been pre-ordering since AC3, getting season passes since AC3, and starting now, pre-ordering the season pass. :p

If you click the link I gave, it'll bring you to a place where you can pre-order it from Gamestop or Best Buy. These seem to be the only two places for now but I'd prefer if it came to Xbox Live and PSN.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e8ca2f902117586f18a1f5c4d311ca03/tumblr_n48ycgjZ5i1riftaxo1_500.gif

Lol, that's the only episode of SNL I've seen. It was pretty funny. I'm sorry but I can't say no. :(

Xstantin
09-25-2014, 05:35 AM
^Thanks :)Best Buy it is then. Unless it makes it to PSN

The_Kiwi_
09-25-2014, 05:47 AM
^Thanks :)Best Buy it is then. Unless it makes it to PSN

I'd just wait to preorder it, it's not like they can run out of season passes

NondairyGold
09-25-2014, 11:39 AM
So is this going to be included in any of the special editions. I think we'd like to know before we go pre-ordering it,only to find out it wasn't needed as it was included in the super special everything covered edition!!?,

Dag_B
09-25-2014, 01:49 PM
So... does the gold edition include the extra axe or does it not count, as you do not really preorder the season pass? :confused:

Anyway... When the DLCs are out, I will decide whether I get the Season Pass or only one of the DLCs. I will not preorder it. ^^

GoldenBoy9999
09-25-2014, 02:05 PM
I don't know if it's in the gold edition. It doesn't seem like it would be. I think it's the bonus just for pre-ordering the season pass. I wish we could get a response from one of the Ubisoft people. Uggghh... so many DLC's. :(

The_Kiwi_
09-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Wait wait wait
What does it mean by "preorder" a season pass?

GoldenBoy9999
09-25-2014, 11:47 PM
You can pre-order them from Best Buy and Gamestop. Xbox and PS at GS. PC and PS4 I think at Best Buy.

The_Kiwi_
09-26-2014, 12:11 AM
You can pre-order them from Best Buy and Gamestop. Xbox and PS at GS. PC and PS4 I think at Best Buy.

Yes but preorder a season pass?
Preordering is when you pay for something that hasn't been released yet, to secure a copy
A season pass is a digital pass that allows you to receive all DLC for free onces it's release
What the cuss is up with preordering season passes?

Xstantin
09-26-2014, 01:17 AM
What the cuss is up with preordering season passes?

Same thing as preordering digital games I guess

The_Kiwi_
09-26-2014, 01:22 AM
Same thing as preordering digital games I guess

Yeah but it's not like the season pass has a release date, so when is the cut off for preorders?

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 02:43 AM
Yeah but it's not like the season pass has a release date, so when is the cut off for preorders?

Season Pass, never.

The_Kiwi_
09-26-2014, 03:10 AM
Season Pass, never.

So if there's no cut off for preorders, then why is the axe a "season pass preorder" gimmick? Does it mean simply BUYING the pass gives you the axe? Because everyone is saying it's a preorder bonus.

See my confusion?

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 11:20 AM
So if there's no cut off for preorders, then why is the axe a "season pass preorder" gimmick? Does it mean simply BUYING the pass gives you the axe? Because everyone is saying it's a preorder bonus.

See my confusion?

Oh yeah, the axe.

Well looks like its Ubisoft using a sneaky tactic to get you to buy the season pass without you knowing the quality of what you are getting.

GoldenBoy9999
09-26-2014, 12:39 PM
@ Kiwi You can only pre order it until it comes out.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Any idea where Europeans can pre-order the season pass?

rrebe
09-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Any idea where Europeans can pre-order the season pass?

Ubishop? There's a link the the second post.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Ubishop? There's a link the the second post.

It's only for PC.

Helforsite
09-26-2014, 04:10 PM
It's only for PC.

ALL HAIL TO THE PC MASTER RACE.... oh wait... wrong forum^^

Kakuzu745
09-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Will this be eventually available at Amazon? I really dont like Best Buy or Gamestop haha.

SixKeys
09-26-2014, 07:46 PM

See my confusion?

This crap right here is why I no longer bother with pre-orders.

Kakuzu745
09-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Wait, so only buying the season pass will give you the axe? No need to preorder? Apparently I am also confused haha

SHADOWGARVIN
09-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Wait, so only buying the season pass will give you the axe? No need to preorder? Apparently I am also confused haha

No, you only get the axe if you pre-order the season pass.

GoldenBoy9999
09-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Sorry, I was in a rush with my previous post. If you want the axe you have to PRE-ORDER it. It's like games. You can only pre-order it before it comes out. The release date is November 11. Yes, you could still buy it after, just like games, but you won't get the pre-order bonuses, just like games.

I really hope they allow me to pre order this digitally because I have $30 digitally and I don't want to waste 30 real dollars on buying it at a store.

Xstantin
09-26-2014, 10:40 PM
With all the fuss about the axe I do hope it's iconic enough.

SixKeys
09-26-2014, 10:51 PM

It most likely is not.

pacmanate
09-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Agree with SixKeys, these items are just being thrown around everywhere.

Luckily after seeing how many items there are in game, I am okay in "missing out" now.

Now I just find the pre-order incentives annoying.

Xstantin
09-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Agree with SixKeys, these items are just being thrown around everywhere.

Luckily after seeing how many items there are in game, I am okay in "missing out" now.

The only time I was hyped for the preorder thing was that Colonial Assassin outfit (silly of me, cause it was concept art) and that didn't work out. So yeah same here

robinthefactory
09-26-2014, 11:34 PM
The only time I was hyped for the preorder thing was that Colonial Assassin outfit (silly of me, cause it was concept art) and that didn't work out. So yeah same here

You and me both.

HoIcon
09-27-2014, 12:33 AM

I believe it looks almost identical to an Axe from the Unite program and there will probably be a few axes like it in the base game

Xstantin
09-27-2014, 01:21 AM
^It's important to know cause they always use some juicy marketing words before these items and it must feel special :p

The_Kiwi_
09-27-2014, 01:42 AM
So if you BUY the season pass before the game is released, you get an axe.

Why is that incentive to buy it? It's not like Ubisoft gets more money if people buy the season pass before the game is released, so why not just make it when you buy the season pass at whatever time?

If anything, they should do what NetherRealm did with the Injustice season pass.

For the Injustice pass, you only got the first 4 characters to get released at a discounted price, not all the costume DLC, but you did get one set of costume DLC when you bought the season pass.
The beauty of that is that the costume DLC you got for the pass already existed; you didn't need to buy the pass to get the costumes, you could get them anyway.

SixKeys
09-27-2014, 02:36 AM
So if you BUY the season pass before the game is released, you get an axe.

Why is that incentive to buy it? It's not like Ubisoft gets more money if people buy the season pass before the game is released, so why not just make it when you buy the season pass at whatever time?

Pre-orders exist to gauge how much interest the public has for a certain game. The more pre-orders, the more predicted overall popularity for the game. Ubi are probably trying to see how many people are truly interested in Season Passes, so they know if it's worth the investment. That's why they're offering extra incentive to make people pre-order the thing.

Kakuzu745
09-27-2014, 07:18 AM

+1...sadly the completitionist in me wont let me just ignore them :S

The_Kiwi_
09-27-2014, 07:37 AM
+1...sadly the completitionist in me wont let me just ignore them :S

I am also a completionist but I don't think this will bother me.
If it's in the database as a locked weapon or something then it will annoy me, but most DLC doesn't exist in any form in the game unless you have it. Out of sight, out of mind.

Kakuzu745
09-27-2014, 04:18 PM
I am also a completionist but I don't think this will bother me.
If it's in the database as a locked weapon or something then it will annoy me, but most DLC doesn't exist in any form in the game unless you have it. Out of sight, out of mind.

Wish I could be like that...not having the Dr. Pepper cleavers still hunts me to this day haha :S

The_Kiwi_
09-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Wish I could be like that...not having the Dr. Pepper cleavers still hunts me to this day haha :S

Would be a bad time to say this, but since there is no Dr Pepper here, you can just buy the cleavers...
Sorry haha

HoIcon
09-27-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm probably going to pre-order the season pass for the damn axe i'll probably never use because i'm a completionist/hoarder too, i'll try and get my hands on whatever pre-order/promotional items i can just to appease my OCD, but if i can't for whatever reason like with the figurine items that are just too pricey for me, i just try to forget they exist even when they offer something that sounds like it should be starting equipment (Arno Dorian's duelling pistol and french rapier)

HoIcon
09-28-2014, 01:54 AM
wait a minute, i'm willing to bet that the season pass pre-order axe is US only, i mentioned before that it looked a lot like an axe from the Unite program, that's because it's the same axe but the US don't have the Unite program so this is how they get the axe

If you watch the season pass trailers only the US one mentions the axe
UK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9wMHziNX80
US https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83gmiey7S7w

Kakuzu745
09-28-2014, 03:55 AM
Would be a bad time to say this, but since there is no Dr Pepper here, you can just buy the cleavers...
Sorry haha

Hahahaha...God :( ...that is depressing in so many levels :(

The_Kiwi_
09-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Hahahaha...God :( ...that is depressing in so many levels :(

One way it isn't depressing is that Dr Pepper isn't here. You can buy it in specialty stores for like $5 a can, but stuff that, Dr Pepper tastes like disgusting medicine.

I'm hoping for DLC in Rogue, enough for a season pass.
I remember reading somewhere that multiplayer might show up in a patch/DLC, so that would be awesome.

Does anyone have news on AC: Chronicles China being on multiple platforms? They say it's "included in the season pass", so needing to clarify that would imply that it's a standalone game, free for Unity season pass holders.

#hopingforanotherassassingameonmypsvita

Kakuzu745
09-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Ya Dr. Pepper is crap...they partnered with the worst soda :P

killer_meatballs
09-28-2014, 07:46 PM
I've only bought one season pass before, and that was for L.A. Noire, but I will definitely be buying this one. I will pre-order it as well.

I understand some people hate pre-orders, but really, it's not that serious.

johnsmith145
09-28-2014, 09:57 PM
China. Big opportunity. Big disappointment. Hope to see a true AAA game starring Shao Jun in a couple of years.

pacmanate
09-28-2014, 10:26 PM
You should count "DLC" as little extras. It's DLC for a reason.

Dead1y-Derri
09-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Does anyone know how much it will cost?

LoyalACFan
09-29-2014, 02:49 AM

$30 here in the US I believe, not sure how that translates to our Scottish friends.

HoIcon
09-29-2014, 03:09 AM

I think it'll probably be £15 or £20

oO_Sovereign_Oo
09-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Where do i pre-order the season pass for the xbox one i keep finding it for P.C & PS4 but can't find it for the one if someone could put a link up you would be a star :D thank you fellow assassin's

GoldenBoy9999
09-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Here, http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/dlc/assassins-creed-unity-season-pass/114856. I'm getting it for Xbox One as well. Am I a star now?

sandracarol88
09-29-2014, 01:49 PM
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111017064044/assassinscreed/images/1/12/Shao_Jun.jpg

Shao Shark Teeth ;) . I guess she learned to sharp her teeth too under legendary Assassin Ezio Auditore to exact vengeance.

oO_Sovereign_Oo
09-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Here, http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/dlc/assassins-creed-unity-season-pass/114856. I'm getting it for Xbox One as well. Am I a star now?

http://www.bitterwallet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/star-bar.jpg

The_Kiwi_
09-29-2014, 02:00 PM
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111017064044/assassinscreed/images/1/12/Shao_Jun.jpg

Shao Shark Teeth ;) . I guess she learned to sharp her teeth too under legendary Assassin Ezio Auditore to exact vengeance.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/500c540b21e6b7f03c5d0296487f9eb0/tumblr_mr17yg5t5N1s0c4z4o1_500.gif

oO_Sovereign_Oo
09-29-2014, 02:16 PM

Arghhh NOOOOOO THATS u.s only is there a uk one?

GoldenBoy9999
09-29-2014, 02:32 PM
Sorry, I'm not in the UK so I don't know. Maybe it'll come to Xbox Live later.

sandracarol88
09-30-2014, 11:04 AM
ok i will
http://33.media.tumblr.com/500c540b21e6b7f03c5d0296487f9eb0/tumblr_mr17yg5t5N1s0c4z4o1_500.gif

The_Kiwi_
09-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Still no news on whether or not Chronicles China is on the PS Vita?

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 04:55 PM
Still no news on whether or not Chronicles China is on the PS Vita?

Nope, we don't even know if it's standalone.

The_Kiwi_
09-30-2014, 11:41 PM
Nope, we don't even know if it's standalone.

It says in the original post that it's standalone.

Assassin’s Creed® Chronicles: China- a new stand-alone Assassin’s Creed experience delivering a new story, setting, and gameplay type. In this 2.5D reimagining of the celebrated franchise developed by Climax Studios, players will perform parkour on the Great Wall of China, kill from the shadows and take the leap of faith. For the first time ever, players will be transported to the Middle Kingdom in the 16th century, where the last remaining Assassin of the Chinese Brotherhood has returned to her homeland. Players will be immersed in a vibrant setting, inspired by traditional brush paintings and Chinese architecture from a pivotal, historic time period in one of the greatest civilizations in history. Hell-bent on revenge, Shao Jun will use the skills she learned under legendary Assassin Ezio Auditore to exact vengeance. Players will be able to rely on stealth to accomplish their mission, as well as Shao Jun’s martial arts training and all-new Assassin gear.