PDA

View Full Version : When will the marketing campaign for ACU intensify?

dimbismp
09-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Traditionally i get really hyped about ac games around a month before release.For example "connor story trailer" and the ign videos "made" me buy ac3,while the "pirate heist","edward story" trailers and the ign videos got me really hypd about ac4.But,as everyone has notices,the marketing campaign for acu is different to the respective of ac4 for example.
So do you think that ubi will try to hype the game or will they continue using the "low profile" campaign?

Megas_Doux
09-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Arno story trailer might appear in October!

And Im going to be honest, the less marketing, the better.

Kakuzu745
09-22-2014, 04:23 PM
And Im going to be honest, the less marketing, the better.

Exactly. For me it is fine as it is.

Matknapers18
09-22-2014, 04:50 PM
I feel as if Ubisoft goes a little overboard with marketing. Sometimes, spoiling too much of the game. Just too many gameplay demo's, players should have a sense of surprise and discovery when playing a game, not a sense of Deja Vu. Don't get my wrong, I freakin love every AC trailer (especially the cinematics) But I feel as if more should be left for the player to find out.

The marketing will probably intensify around October to get the hype train going. But nevertheless, GTA V received like 3 trailers and the hype was unreal for that. Sometimes less is more in my opinion.

Locopells
09-22-2014, 05:09 PM
How about now!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/923681-Assassin-s-Creed-Unity-Season-Pass-Info-Revealed!

Sesheenku
09-22-2014, 06:54 PM
I think it's fine, my excitement has died down to regular levels so now they can make merely a good game that improves on the original AC and follows it's setup more than the previous games and I'll be good.

killzab
09-22-2014, 07:02 PM
When SEAMLESSNESS INTENSIFIIIIIIES !

hood3dassassin5
09-22-2014, 09:46 PM
I don't think releasing a new trailer every week is "low profile". :D

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 10:04 PM
E3 Single Player Demo - June
E3 Co-Op Demo - June
E3 Trailer - June
IGN Making of Part 1 - June
IGN Making of Part 2 - July
Elise Trailer - July
Gameplay Trailer - July
Gamescom Single Player Demo - August
Heist Co-Op Demo - August
Season Pass with lots of in-game footage - September

We've actually had quiet a lot.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Yeah we've had a bunch -- the E3 SP and co-op demos, the Gamescom SP Blackbox/SP demo and Heist Demo have sufficiently hyped me. I'm heistant to get overhyped because there's always the chance it will disappoint. That said, I still can't help but be more excited over this game than any other AC after AC2.

The Assassination demo after already seeing the E3 demos is what really got me. Seeing that there are multiple options at play during assassinations to open up new opportunities to get the target is great! It's like a more refined, less rigid form of the investigations of AC1. Observing the guards talk about the key and then getting it and replacing the person the target is meeting with? That's awesome. Had you simply rushed in, you'd have to find a different way to get the target perhaps and that's cool! We'll see if they can deliver on all of the promises. I'm not expecting them to, I just hope they deliver on a majority of them...

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 10:23 PM
E3 Single Player Demo - June
E3 Co-Op Demo - June
E3 Trailer - June
IGN Making of Part 1 - June
IGN Making of Part 2 - July
Elise Trailer - July
Gameplay Trailer - July
Gamescom Single Player Demo - August
Heist Co-Op Demo - August
Season Pass with lots of in-game footage - September

We've actually had quiet a lot.

To add to this, I expect another gameplay demo first week of October and a launch trailer in the last week of October.

And thats all we need. We've had 2 Co-op and 2 SP demos, already and thats enough in my opinion. We will defo get a launch trailer in October but I do think we will get one more thing to "bulk" up October hype wise just before launch.

dimbismp
09-22-2014, 10:42 PM
I said "low profile" because the marketing for ac3 and ac4 was much more intense!
We are definetely getting at least 2 more trailers:Arno story trailer and launch trailer.But some quick calculations i made showed that since Acr an average of 25% of official ubi videos are uploaded the last 1,5-2 months before release.That equals around 5 trailers/demos more! :p
Also the 3rd part of the IGN series should appear any day now,while there is also a fourth part

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 10:53 PM
I said "low profile" because the marketing for ac3 and ac4 was much more intense!
We are definetely getting at least 2 more trailers:Arno story trailer and launch trailer.But some quick calculations i made showed that since Acr an average of 25% of official ubi videos are uploaded the last 1,5-2 months before release.That equals around 5 trailers/demos more! :p
Also the 3rd part of the IGN series should appear any day now,while there is also a fourth part

AC3 suffered for it.
AC4 was damage control

And yeah, IGN will upload parts 3 and 4 in October (maybe last one first week November).

dimbismp
09-22-2014, 11:03 PM
AC3 suffered for it.
AC4 was damage control

And yeah, IGN will upload parts 3 and 4 in October (maybe last one first week November).

Damn,i hoped that they would upload part 3 this week...