PDA

View Full Version : Update 3.5

IImayneII
09-22-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm still having fps drops on CP resets (min 54 fps for a second). It is less than before the update, but i's still annoying.

Turning off the frameskipper doesn't seem to do much for these fps drops on reset

I also tested this while watching a stream, wich gives alot of random fps drops trough the Eden track.

I know chrome is a memory hog, but I was able to run the game perfectly before the previous update.

without stream on background its 56-58 fps on reset
with stream on background it's 50-55 fps on reset

The frameskipper does work tough because when I turn it on for the eden track I get as low as 20fps with particles on the screen, but even with the frameskipper off I get random framedrops. I tried to find something consistent in the drops but they are very random, with most drops where water particles are. (this was on very high quality with a stream on the background)

Tested this in windowed mode on 720p resolution on Ultra.

i5 4670k
gtx 770

BenShermanUbi
09-23-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm still having fps drops on CP resets (min 54 fps for a second). It is less than before the update, but i's still annoying.

Turning off the frameskipper doesn't seem to do much for these fps drops on reset

I also tested this while watching a stream, wich gives alot of random fps drops trough the Eden track.

I know chrome is a memory hog, but I was able to run the game perfectly before the previous update.

without stream on background its 56-58 fps on reset
with stream on background it's 50-55 fps on reset

The frameskipper does work tough because when I turn it on for the eden track I get as low as 20fps with particles on the screen, but even with the frameskipper off I get random framedrops. I tried to find something consistent in the drops but they are very random, with most drops where water particles are. (this was on very high quality with a stream on the background)

Tested this in windowed mode on 720p resolution on Ultra.

i5 4670k
gtx 770

Hi bassline001,
Thanks for your report. :)
Before updating to Patch 3.5 were you able to play on Ultra without any fps drop?

Regards,

IImayneII
09-23-2014, 11:51 AM
The fps-drops have been in my game since the frameskipper was added. And if I'm not mistaken,this was when "Empires of the sky" was released so I actually don't know if for example, the Eden track where I have my biggest fps drops would have been smooth before that. But I'm assuming my rig should be able to handle it anyway.

I'll probably do some testing later when I have time and upload a video of some different setups (like with/without stream on background, with frameskipper off/on, different resolution)

CallMeSmoph
09-24-2014, 04:03 PM
It's out! Finally! Thanks! I've missed ya lovevly 60fps! <3 <3