PDA

View Full Version : What was your character set up for each game?

The_Kiwi_
09-22-2014, 01:43 PM
How did you set up your character for each game? Did you;

A. Use the best weapons/armour stats-wise as soon as they became available
B. Use the best looking weapons/favourite weapons as they became available, no matter the stats.
C. You let the game run its course, you mostly only got new weapons and armour when prompted to for a mission.

Also, for some extra fun, what would your exact character set up be for each game if you were to load it up right now?
Mine:
AC2: Armour of Altaïr, Altaïr's sword, notched cinqueda
ACB: White assassin robes, plate armour, La Volpe's Bite, dagger of Brutus
ACR: Ishak Pasha armour, Vlad the Impaler sword, Afghani Khyber blade
AC3: New York robes (red and black), sawtooth cutlass, duckfoot pistols, Connor's tomahawk
AC4: Edward Kenway's robes, dual golden swords, golden flintlock pistols, silver wheel, Altaïr's figurehead, black skull sails

I didn't even have to load up any of the games, I just knew them somehow haha

I'm awake while everyone else is asleep, so I don't have much to do... :nonchalance:

AssassinHMS
09-22-2014, 02:18 PM
D. I removed almost every possible weapon/armor piece forced upon me as soon as the game gave me the opportunities to perform the glitches.

AC2: Standard robes, Channeled Cinquedea, no sword.
ACB: Wine Assassin robes; Roman Spaulders (unfortunately); poison blade and nothing else.
ACR: Old Altair Robes; poison blade, and a few bombs.
AC3: Achilles’ robes; tomahawk and a single flintlock pistol (no bow, no sword or heavy weapon).
AC4: Governor outfit, a pair of common flintlock pistols and some smoke bombs (no blowpipe, sword, rope dart, etc.)

There wasn’t a single game where I wanted or needed anything more than a hidden blade, some poison and, perhaps, a few smoke bombs. The games should have focused more on offering different ways and methods to assassinate rather than creating a vast amount of useless weapons to hide tired and stagnant systems.

Sushiglutton
09-22-2014, 02:47 PM
Typically play the games twice (excpet AC3 for obvious reasons). First playthrough I buy all the gear, but don't change the robes. Second playthrough I typically buy very little stuff and keep the character as clean as possible.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-22-2014, 02:58 PM
I usually let the game run its course because you can complete most of the game with the armor/equipment already given to you or plan to get.

Megas_Doux
09-22-2014, 03:29 PM
I always try to minimize and use the leanest looking outfits, armours and weapons.

AC II : Stiletto, captain sword, and no armour and either standart whie or wetlands ebony.
ACB: Bone Dagger of Romulus, Captain sword, Roman spoulders and the standart outfit.
ACR: Romani Stiletto, Captain sword, no armor, Masyaf white or the regular color.
AC III I made NO changes.
AC IV: French rapiers, thye leanest looking pistols, and pirate captain outfit.

HiddenKiller612
09-22-2014, 04:39 PM
I buy all the best gear. I use everything, at least once.

Fatal-Feit
09-22-2014, 05:04 PM
My first playthrough are usually A.

After that, I try to experiment and use EVERYTHING in the wardrobe for a few hours each. It keeps the game sort of fresh every time I change, IMO.

HoIcon
09-22-2014, 05:11 PM
I go for 100% in AC games, so i collect everything there is to collect and usually end up using the best equipment i can get my hands on

SixKeys
09-22-2014, 05:14 PM
I choose whatever looks best or feels most fitting for the assassin. I never use heavy weapons except when I'm just messing around, they all look terrible hanging off the assassin. I usually go for sleek, maybe even underpowered weapons (like the first sword you get) to make myself look as harmless as possible.

AC2: Standard robes, probably Tuscan Emerald (it looks really gaudy in the previews, but is quite nice in action), no armor, butcher knife, sword of Altaïr.
ACB: Either Drachen armor or possibly Tuscan Copper. I dunno, I'm constantly changing my colors in ACB. XD No armor, dagger of Romulus, sword of Altaïr.
ACR: Royal Violet or Yemen Copper, no armor, probably Maria's dagger. Was sword of Altaïr in ACR?
AC3: Achilles' Robes, tomahawk (since the dagger animations look stupid), Mayan sawtooth sword or pirate axe if I'm at sea.
AC4: Explorer outfit or Stede Bonnet's attire, Captain Drake's swords, Drake's pistols.

Sesheenku
09-22-2014, 06:53 PM
AC2 -> Best everything because why not?

ACB -> I think it was Schadenfreude armor... The shop quest one's full set anyways, with Schiavona and the dagger of Brutus.

ACR -> Master Assassin Armor, Yusuf Tzim's sword and Mehmet's Dagger

AC3 -> Standard equips

AC4 -> Upgraded pretty far, kept swords mid tier, bought high tier pistols, upgraded armor to max. Can't remember names, it's the AC I've played the least.

So it's more like B I won't wear anything I don't like.

GunnerGalactico
09-22-2014, 08:17 PM
AC2- Plain robes: Florentine crimson or Venetian azure, Missaglias chest guard, Florentine falchion or sword of Altair, Notched cinquedea

ACB- Drachan armour, Milanese sword or sword of Altair, Butcher knife,

ACR- Plain robes: Masyaf white or Bosnian indigo, Master Assassin armour, Janissary kijil, Romani stiletto,

AC3- New York or Philadelphia outfit, Saw tooth cutlass and iron tomahawk, Pitcairn-Putnam pistols,

AC4- Plain robes or Governor's outfit, Officer's rapiers or Capt. Drake's swords, Spanish Officer pistols,

The_Kiwi_
09-22-2014, 10:54 PM
Did anyone else use the weapons gained from doing all guild challenges in ACB? La Volpe's Bite was awesome, a sword shaped like a dagger

pacmanate
09-22-2014, 10:57 PM
A for my first playthrough only.

Dont see the point on other playthroughs.

As it goes, doing an AC:B playthrough and am on sequence 7, deliberately not buying any armor. Just have those roman spaulders you are forced to get.

Locopells
09-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Did anyone else use the weapons gained from doing all guild challenges in ACB? La Volpe's Bite was awesome, a sword shaped like a dagger

I use Altaïr's sword, ultimately and Maria's Dagger on the way to the Notched Cinquedea.

poptartz20
09-23-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure where this really fits... but I usually just play and occasionally save up money for the better gear that I feel is pretty sturdy and can carry me through the game.

sometimes I'l go for the "cool" look but , most of the time I don't.

Shahkulu101
09-23-2014, 08:48 AM
I go nekid every time

It's a hidden glitch

poptartz20
09-23-2014, 09:13 AM
I go nekid every time

It's a hidden glitch

;) Oh! I like that glitch! lol! You've broken the Code! lol!

The_Kiwi_
09-23-2014, 09:53 AM
;) Oh! I like that glitch! lol! You've broken the Code! lol!

Yes he has, he should be hiding in plain sight, not putting himself on display like that. SHAME ON HIM!

Aphex_Tim
09-23-2014, 10:00 AM
I usually go for what looks best. Stats hardly impact the game and some weapons and armor look way over the top and/or ugly.
Looks like Unity is going to change that though...

GoldenBoy9999
09-23-2014, 01:43 PM
I went through AC4 using practically one set of swords. No other ones with better stats ever popped up. I usually get the items with the best stats although there's little difference.

AC2- Altair's Armor. Notched Cinqueda. Probably best sword.
ACB- Armor of Brutus. Dagger of Brutus.
ACR- Best armor you can still color. I colored it gold because you know. It's the only AC game where you can color it gold. :( Hopefully ACU changes this. I recently started it up and I had the Almogavar Axe. :confused: I don't know why. I would never do that because I imagine assassins as quick and agile now...
AC3- Jamestown outfit, White/Red. Obwandiyag's War Club. Best hatchet.
AC4- Regular outfit. Officer's Rapiers. Cannon Barrel Pistols, I think.

The_Kiwi_
09-23-2014, 01:48 PM
I recently started it up and I had the Almogavar Axe. :confused: I don't know why. I would never do that because I imagine assassins as quick and agile now...
Have you deleted DLC accidentally? I had all the DLC installed on my PS3 but then it broke and when I played ACR again (same save) on my new PS3 but without the DLC, the game loaded random weapons/costumes instead, as a lot of my equipped items were DLC related.

Same thing happened with AC3, and the game loaded up a random axe as my weapon as I no longer had my sawtooth sword DLC installed.

RinoTheBouncer
09-23-2014, 01:53 PM
B - It’s a shame to go kick some Templar a*s without looking stylish.
*sings “Look at me now I, I feel on top of the world in my fashion. Looking good and feeling fine. SLAY”*

m4r-k7
09-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Its all about the look!

Every game I choose the armour and weapons that look the best (apart from AC 1)
In AC 2 I didn't buy any armour, I liked the robes on their own - same with brotherhood
All the rest were done on appearance as well and in AC 4 I bought swords that looked the coolest, rather than their stats.
It will be the same for me in Unity as well (If the combat is harder, I may have to buy a good sword despite its look, but in terms of customization I will choose the outfit I like rather than find the best statted outfit)

The_Kiwi_
09-23-2014, 02:02 PM
I hope ACU will be more like Dark Souls, where the stats of the weapon really influence their performance. I think weapon stats in AC are useless, it doesn't make it any harder to counter kill and do streaks with the worst weapons in the game. I still choose the weapons with the best stats though, unless there is a pair that I really like the look of.
The only exception I think is pistols, range does become a determinate factor in pistol selection.

RinoTheBouncer
09-23-2014, 02:18 PM
I want an outfit of this Assassin-ess ;)

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/148472544-madonna-performs-at-the-start-of-the-uk-leg-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qd8T%2FJs4A5Buv82s39yH2lDH%2 FieJzcv59silQ4clIzDh

marvelfannumber
09-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Its all about the look!

I second this. AC is usually super easy anyway so I always just go for the outfits/weapons that are teh pwethiest :o

The_Kiwi_
09-23-2014, 02:24 PM
I want an outfit of this Assassin-ess ;)

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/148472544-madonna-performs-at-the-start-of-the-uk-leg-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qd8T%2FJs4A5Buv82s39yH2lDH%2 FieJzcv59silQ4clIzDh

Broken link, something about Madonna though? How very assassiny haha

GoldenBoy9999
09-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Have you deleted DLC accidentally? I had all the DLC installed on my PS3 but then it broke and when I played ACR again (same save) on my new PS3 but without the DLC, the game loaded random weapons/costumes instead, as a lot of my equipped items were DLC related.

Same thing happened with AC3, and the game loaded up a random axe as my weapon as I no longer had my sawtooth sword DLC installed.

I actually just meant that I played it 3 years ago when I thought big axes were cool but now I would never pick such a thing. I prefer daggers and swords. I don't imagine assassins as axe wielders.

RinoTheBouncer
09-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Broken link, something about Madonna though? How very assassiny haha

That’s strange.. it shows up properly here.
But that’s correct, haha! just google Madonna Revolver MDNA Tour