PDA

View Full Version : Problems when running FarCry for a few minutes

sbjerre
06-18-2004, 07:01 AM
Hi

I've tried playing FarCry a few times now but after af few minutes of playing, the screens locks. For the first few minutes the game is running smoothly, and with no problems at all.

Everytime I restart the game i can walk trough the compound, get the gun, get the binoculars, and walk a cross the water to get the vehicle. But when I get to the other side of the water, the screen locks.

I've tried to reload the game, and start from the last savegame, with the same problems.

The Hardware is a Laptop: Aver Travelmate 803Lci with a Centrino 1,6GHz, 512 MB RAM and a Radeon 9000 / 64MB RAM.

I have no problem running Battlefield in 1400x1050, and i know that FarCry probably needs a good grafic adaptor, but when the game runs smoothly while playing the first section of the game........

Could it be that i'm missing a patch or something.

Hope someone can help - the game looks very nice so i'd like to be getting started...

/S¸ren

sbjerre
06-18-2004, 07:01 AM
Hi

I've tried playing FarCry a few times now but after af few minutes of playing, the screens locks. For the first few minutes the game is running smoothly, and with no problems at all.

Everytime I restart the game i can walk trough the compound, get the gun, get the binoculars, and walk a cross the water to get the vehicle. But when I get to the other side of the water, the screen locks.

I've tried to reload the game, and start from the last savegame, with the same problems.

The Hardware is a Laptop: Aver Travelmate 803Lci with a Centrino 1,6GHz, 512 MB RAM and a Radeon 9000 / 64MB RAM.

I have no problem running Battlefield in 1400x1050, and i know that FarCry probably needs a good grafic adaptor, but when the game runs smoothly while playing the first section of the game........

Could it be that i'm missing a patch or something.

Hope someone can help - the game looks very nice so i'd like to be getting started...

/S¸ren

mackerman
06-18-2004, 12:04 PM
hi soren. I've got the same computer and i have found that far cry will work quite well. I use the latest omega drivers 2.5.51 i think, and create a file called SystemCfgOverride.cfg in the far cry folder with the line:

e_dynamic_light = "0"

only. Then the game seems to run very well, even with quite high settings. Of course the trade-off is lighting that is less good than it could be, but oh well.

good luck!

sbjerre
06-19-2004, 07:39 AM
Thanks a lot..

It works now and its running in 1400x1050 with all settings to high, so i'm happy http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif