PDA

View Full Version : Lack of AMM advertisment

dimbismp
09-19-2014, 05:12 PM
A little question:
When ACU was first shown at e3 "Adaptive Mission Mechanic" was advertised almost as much as Blackboxes,New Parkour etc.Since then,i have watched almost all the interviews and AMM is barely mentioned.Did something happen?I found this mechanic cool,but i fear that there is a chance that there won't be in the game or it won't be working like it was described etc...
Thoughts?

Hans684
09-19-2014, 05:53 PM
It's shown, you can do things your way. What if Arno just killed the guy that originally was going to meet the Templar at the confession and then entered to kill the Templar without the information. Sure still a clean kill but Arno would have no information to give, you'd be busted unless you kill him as do on as X shows up. Or you can ignore mod missions and do classy a Alta´r kill with a dagger in broad daylight.

Ureh
09-19-2014, 08:01 PM
New(ish) article/vid about AMM/Black box and skill points.
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-carve-unique-path-paris/

I'll probably have to rewatch it again but one part he said was kinda disturbing.

edit: Around 1:42 to 1:55, Amancio says, "Arno's progression from novice to master assassin. Everthing you do in the game world contributes to that progression. *ticks his fingers* Arno's redemption quest, the single player missions. What it does is it will unlock - the different sequences, the different parts of the game - it will unlock skill sets that you can then purchase using skill points. To get skill points you do Brotherhood missions.

I guess he might've meant something else, or he left bits of info out. But if it's true that only Brotherhood missions grant skill points, then hopefully that means people don't need ps+/xbg to play those missions solo.

dimbismp
09-19-2014, 09:25 PM
It's shown, you can do things your way. What if Arno just killed the guy that originally was going to meet the Templar at the confession and then entered to kill the Templar without the information. Sure still a clean kill but Arno would have no information to give, you'd be busted unless you kill him as do on as X shows up. Or you can ignore mod missions and do classy a Alta´r kill with a dagger in broad daylight.
I was under the impression that mod missions were not the same as AMM...

Hans684
09-19-2014, 09:31 PM
I think it depends on the missions themselves expect serious story assassinations. Like you can tail a random guy going to a meting but if you(or he gets in a fight) founding him to die you'd have to loot for further information that you could've easy gotten by tailing with no conflicts. So if he dies there might be more guards at the place he was going to in the next mission.

I'm just going by memory, I don't remember the seamless words of Alex.

Moultonborough
09-19-2014, 10:57 PM
I think it depends on the missions themselves expect serious story assassinations. Like you can tail a random guy going to a meting but if you(or he gets in a fight) founding him to die you'd have to loot for further information that you could've easy gotten by tailing with no conflicts. So if he dies there might be more guards at the place he was going to in the next mission.

I'm just going by memory, I don't remember the seamless words of Alex.

Can't recall which video he said it in but you pretty much nailed it word for word.

Locopells
09-20-2014, 12:34 AM
Test

JustPlainQuirky
09-20-2014, 12:39 AM
loco u ok bro?

Shahkulu101
09-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Loco is a cyborg