PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft or Sony's Allegiance

Kakuzu745
09-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Hey guys,

Probably this has been a topic already but I missed it.

Little question...maybe you guys know better about the current situation of this. Traditionally AC has been given exclusive DLC to Sony's console, however in the E3 they were in MS conference and everything. Is it that Ubi sort of changed allegiances? Will we see exclusive DLC for Microsoft console then? What is the current state of this?

JustPlainQuirky
09-19-2014, 08:37 PM
The Xbox marketing thing is just a temporary deal with Microsoft.

To my knowledge, Ubi is still obligated to have some exclusive content for Sony.

But I've only gotten this info from other forumers so I may easily be misinformed.

Hans684
09-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Ubisoft should go rogue, no need to make exclusive deals. They get their money either way, it's AC we're talking about. It's their flagship title.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Doesn't the new far cry still have exclusive sony content?

Moultonborough
09-19-2014, 10:07 PM
I think it comes down to Microsoft putting up more money than Sony this time around. I wouldn't really say Ubisoft (or most companies) have "allegiances".....just who flashes the most money in their faces. Last time it was Sony, for now Microsoft.

m4r-k7
09-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Microsoft aren't getting any extra DLC as we would have heard about it by now. Microsoft have just bought the rights to advertise it I think as the Xbox TV Ad promotes AC Unity, kind of like how Sony were promoting Destiny.

No console is getting exclusive DLC this time around. Normally, striaght after they announce the game they say "Sony has extra 60 minute DLC" but they havnt said that for Microsoft so I don't think they have any exclusive stuff.

Kakuzu745
09-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Ubisoft should go rogue, no need to make exclusive deals. They get their money either way, it's AC we're talking about. It's their flagship title.

I agree...sadly they did it. I missed quite some content at first because I only had 360 haha :(

Dont want the same to happen with this gen.

m4r-k7
09-19-2014, 10:12 PM
I missed quite some content at first because I only had 360 haha :(.

Same haha, although I heard the extra DLC was in reality like only 20 minutes.

Hans684
09-19-2014, 10:23 PM
I agree...sadly they did it. I missed quite some content at first because I only had 360 haha :(

Dont want the same to happen with this gen.

That's why there shouldn't be exlusive stuff or DLC, it hurts. If price of the game had to higher fir than, then by al means. I'd rather pay more and have everything than pay mixed and not being close it having the complete game.

poptartz20
09-19-2014, 11:05 PM
well.. I think to my knowledge AC was originally suppose to be an Sony exclusive. ( the early commercials support this) So with that.. when there was the decision to go multi platform Sony agreed to this but asked for the exclusive content. now with this being said, no one knows the exact detail about how long this said deal was etc. So it could be that the contract time is up and now they are free to do what they want but still have strong business ties with sony. but no longer are making console exclusive content. and microsoft just paid the money to showcase the game.

That's just my guess about it anyways.

melbye82
09-20-2014, 12:23 AM
I never buy a game that lacks content, DLC or not, compared to other versions of the game on other plattforms so i really hope they don't start releasing exclusive content on XBone cause then i would have to stop buying Assassin's Creed, and i don't want that

LeftistHominid
09-21-2014, 02:37 AM
It seems that for Unity there is no Sony-"exclusive" DLC. The PC Digital Deluxe and Gold version include the "exclusive" DLC. Assassin's Creed Unity has no DD version, and the Gold version appears to just have preorder ULC and a season pass.

I don't think Rogue has Sony-exclusive stuff, as Ubisoft has made no notice of any DLC for it whatsoever beyond the retailer-generic preorder bonus.

Landruner
09-21-2014, 03:06 PM
The Only genuine Sony Exclusivity I know for that franchise was only for ACB with the Copernicus missions. Since all the Sony exclusivity had been part of Microsoft as well but for PC. Microsoft never brought them into the Xbox live.

That's why there shouldn't be exlusive stuff or DLC, it hurts. If price of the game had to higher fir than, then by al means. I'd rather pay more and have everything than pay mixed and not being close it having the complete game.

Good point

DSafrin
09-21-2014, 03:23 PM
I think it was stated in one of the interviews (don't remember which, though) that there would be no console exclusive for AC this year. Hope it stays like this from now on.

Fatal-Feit
09-21-2014, 03:38 PM
All of these other exclusives are worse, though.

JustPlainQuirky
09-21-2014, 03:44 PM
kind of off topic but where is the AC Unity pre-order with the alternate box art? I can't find it anymore :(

MasterAssasin84
09-22-2014, 12:05 AM
From what I understand neither versions are getting exclusive content like extra gameplay !!

The game will be exactly the same on both platforms its just Ubisoft chose XBOX ONE as the lead marketing Brand .

Kakuzu745
09-22-2014, 01:52 AM
I just hope it stops then...it is really annoying for console gamers to miss DLC because you are in the wrong console :S

Xstantin
09-22-2014, 03:57 AM
kind of off topic but where is the AC Unity pre-order with the alternate box art? I can't find it anymore :(

I think it was "Revolution Edition" for some UK place unless I'm mistaken.