PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Beginner

Treepirate.
09-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi

I have never played AC,but since i got nothing else i was thinking of starting. So i have a few questions. Is it a story game like,if you want to know the full story you have to start from AC1,or does every game have its own story?

Ureh
09-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Hopefully others will weigh in on this. I'm not good at explaining things but here's my attempt:

Each game has a story that is set in the past, and an underlying story that takes place in the present/modern day. There is a brief recap video that covers some of the modern day events before you start AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3. However, I don't think those recap vids suffice if you care about continuity (ex: in AC2 you might see someone in the modern day, but if you decide to skip ACB and go straight to ACR or AC3 then you might be really confused as to why someone is missing). If you only care about the historical part of the game then I would say you'll have a lot more freedom in your choices.

AC1 = Altair's story is standalone, introduces modern day story
AC2 = Ezio's story is standalone, continues modern day story
ACB = extends Ezio's story, continues modern day story
ACR = extends Ezio's story, extends Altair's story, continues modern day story (small progress)
AC3 = Connor's story is standalone, continues modern day story
AC4 = Edward's story is standalone, reintroduces a new modern day story but also has a few recurring elements from previous games.

If you're short on time, but still want to fill in the gaps, you can always just skip a fews game and watch a walkthrough or cutscene movie on youtube.

Not sure if this helps.

Treepirate.
09-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Hopefully others will weigh in on this. I'm not good at explaining things but here's my attempt:

Each game has a story that is set in the past, and an underlying story that takes place in the present/modern day. There is a brief recap video that covers some of the modern day events before you start AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3. However, I don't think those recap vids suffice if you care about continuity (ex: in AC2 you might see someone in the modern day, but if you decide to skip ACB and go straight to ACR or AC3 then you might be really confused as to why someone is missing). If you only care about the historical part of the game then I would say you'll have a lot more freedom in your choices.

AC1 = Altair's story is standalone, introduces modern day story
AC2 = Ezio's story is standalone, continues modern day story
ACB = extends Ezio's story, continues modern day story
ACR = extends Ezio's story, extends Altair's story, continues modern day story (small progress)
AC3 = Connor's story is standalone, continues modern day story
AC4 = Edward's story is standalone, reintroduces a new modern day story but also has a few recurring elements from previous games.

If you're short on time, but still want to fill in the gaps, you can always just skip a fews game and watch a walkthrough or cutscene movie on youtube.

Not sure if this helps.

It did help,im not really short on time,so i wanted to start from the start,i already bought brotherhood & revelation but i cant find AC1 & AC2 on steam. I found AC2 on origin and on G2A but i cant find AC1.

Also,im not familiar with Uplay so if i buy AC2 on g2a will i have it on steam or origin?

Locopells
09-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Ubisoft games only use Uplay, you can't do anything else. Even if you buy it through Steam or Origin, it will still use Uplay as well.