PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Unity's Enemy Types

m4r-k7
09-19-2014, 04:07 PM
So on the Unite Paris thing, models of the enemy archetypes have been released:

The different types include:

Watcher - looks like an agile, similar to the AC 2 agiles. (I really hope they are, parkour chases would be phenomenal)
Seeker - looks kinda heavy, but not so much
Heavy - the normal heavy guys with axes most probably
Aggressors Soldier - look like tough guys
Leader - look like the leaders/captains from AC 4
Turtle - another heavy type
Protectors Soldier - the normal soldiers (probably the super easy guys)

This is quite a lot of different enemy archetypes which is impressive, seing as most of the recent games such as AC 3 and AC 4 only had about 3 - 4.
Do you think they will all act differently, each with different movement types, attack moves and aggressiveness?

They were released from the Unite page but they are all in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3txWiFupBs

dimbismp
09-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Nice find!I hope that each type acts differently than the others.The ideal would be that most of them are difficult.The most important though is that each type should be UNPREDICTABLE.At least the leader one.
As far as i recall most games so far had 4-5 different types

Aphex_Tim
09-19-2014, 04:38 PM
I do hope that agile guards aren't as annoying as in previous games. I'd prefer it if they can just free-run flawlessly and will catch you if you make a mistake. Not like in previous games where they somehow just run faster and slash you in the back, ruining your momentum. Now THAT was annoying!

Kakuzu745
09-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Quite a lot of types, I like it...seems like the combat might be more challenging now actually. More types involve different approaches to combat which sounds good.

m4r-k7
09-19-2014, 04:40 PM
I do hope that agile guards aren't as annoying as in previous games. I'd prefer it if they can just free-run flawlessly and will catch you if you make a mistake. Not like in previous games where they somehow just run faster and slash you in the back, ruining your momentum. Now THAT was annoying!

I really enjoyed it in AC 1 and AC 2 where enemies would actually chase you across rooftops, but you could still out manoeuvre them. I actually liked it in AC 1 the most where you could have battles on the rooftops and evade them by free running quicker than they could.

dimbismp
09-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Actually ACR had 8 different types of enemies.4 Ottoman and 4Byzantine,and i believe that none of thwm was identical to another.

JustPlainQuirky
09-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Give them various faces pls.

Hans684
09-19-2014, 04:51 PM

Assassin's Creed: Clone Wars :p

Xstantin
09-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Nice find. They look more interesting than Black Flag guards imo.

Fatal-Feit
09-19-2014, 06:10 PM

This.

So much this.

Ureh
09-19-2014, 06:19 PM

Best way to avoid agiles is to jump/hop just before they try to tackle/slash you.