PDA

View Full Version : Title Update 3.5 Feature & Patch Notes

RoguishRonin
09-19-2014, 02:02 PM
EDIT:

Hey guys, quick update on update 3.5: Looks like we're going to be good to start rolling it out to players in advance of the Welcome to the Abyss DLCrelease date. We'll have a more exact date in the next few days.

---------Original Post---------

Our teams have been hard at work expanding on features, adding new features, and cleaning up some things that players weren’t so keen on. That’s right, riders. It’s time, once again, to bring you the full details of the imminent update for Trials Fusion.

First off, this update brings the highly requested expansion of the Feed lists. No longer will there only be 52 tracks in a feed! It’s not an infinite number, but we have increased the size of the feeds by over 190 times to bring the count up to 1000 per feed.

We’ve also included a Trials-series first in the form of split driving lines. This allows for some REALLY interesting things to be done, but be careful, making sure that split lines don’t make one line “the fast way” is up to you. The Shogun will be walking players through the process in his Editor stream, and we’ll have an edited version of the video available as VOD soon.

We’re excited about these new additions, and we hope you are too. Full info for this update follows;

Trials Fusion TU3.5 Notes

Feature Updates:

Branching driving lines added to the editor
We’ve enabled branching driving lines in the editor. This means you can create exciting new routes in your tracks including secrets or shortcuts or whatever you come up with. To create a secondary route choose a spline point in between two other points and from its properties choose to create the second route.

Support for viewing up to 1000 tracks in Track Central feeds
Players have wanted to be able to browse through more tracks on Track Central when looking through feeds. We’ve upped the number of tracks per feed to show a maximum of 1000. This should let you find tracks better and get to play lots of cool new content you might have missed otherwise.

Increased track complexity counter for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC
Through miraculous breakthroughs in technology we’ve increased the allowed complexity of player created tracks on next gen platforms and PC.

Voiceovers play fully only once per track run
We want players to enjoy the story of Trials Fusion, but we also understand it’s supposed to be something fun on the side, not meant to distract you from the core Trials experience. We don’t want to force it on players and therefore have disabled full voiceover lines from repeating multiple times on one run of a track. If you exit the track and come back you’ll hear them again. Focus on those better times and don’t let SynDI and George bother you too much!

Patch Notes:

Track Central
Support for pages in Track Central, this allows for more than 52 tracks in a feed.
Redlynx Picks feed has been removed and the Track Central layout has been altered. Newest Beginner feed has been added.
Sorting search results no longer results in missing tracks.
Fixed an issue with the user retaining gamepad input while selecting to add a track to Favorites.
Fixed an issue where if two tracks are favorited simultaneously, then one would be downloaded and the other marked as favorite.
Fixed an issue where players could not select a track after playing a track in the search page.
Fixed an issue with track hint missing when playing the first track in a feed.
Fixed an issue with “…” being displayed if the user refreshes the search too quickly.
Fixed an issue where players could not view the last page of search results.
Fixed an issue where selecting sort options result in no tracks being displayed.
Fixed an issue that prevented Uplay Recommended tracks from downloading.

Editor
Branching driving lines have been added.
Fixed an error where rapidly using the undo/redo commands in the editor would cause the game to hang.
Fixed messaging when a track using DLC items is loaded without having the required DLC installed.
Extra Buttons setting now works while testing a track in the editor.
Complexity limit for next-gen platforms and PC has been tested and raised accordingly.
Fixed an issue where the game would return to the Ride menu if a storage device is removed during ‘Test Track’.
Fixed medal placement in Left/Right display showing the wrong medal arrangement in ‘Sorting Order Descending’.
Fixed a crash when users press the screenshot confirmation button in fast succession.
Rusted Seed buildings should no longer cause a crash when exiting after saving.
Debug info no longer displayed for tags when sharing a track.
Debug info is no longer displayed when entering the pause menu while testing a track with extra buttons enabled.
Fixed an issue causing a crash when loading a saved Favorite that included a checkpoint.

Tournaments
Fixed an issue where Mind the Gap in the Welcome to the City tournament would cause a crash.
Fixed an issue where no Connection Lost dialog would appear if connection to Online was lost during the final track in a tournament.
Fixed an issue where disconnecting a USB drive in Track Info pages would not allow the user to transition back to the main hub.

Career
Fixed an issue where playing Jungle Gymkhana after 30 minutes of playing would cause a crash.
Fixed an issue where finishing Cold Storage resulted in a crash.
Fixed an ‘Infinite Loading Screen’ when a user disconnects the active storage device while a replay is loading.
Fixed an unnecessary menu being displayed when the player loses online connection while in the RIDER or BIKES sections of the garage.
Fixed an issue with ‘Rocky Road’ in Skill Showcase causing a crash.
Total track restarts no longer rise when watching replays of a completed track.
Fixed an issue in ‘Airtime’ where the Record Beat message is not displayed when beating a friend’s record.
Fixed an issue with the same tracks being displayed when the player moves down a row in the track selection screen.

Local Multiplayer
Fixed button prompt for Favorites and My Tracks tabs when tracks are not added.
Fixed some issues that could freeze the game when using user generated Supercross tracks
Fixed an issue where the application can crash when a controller is disconnected.
Heat results now appear when finishing ‘Resort Rush’ and ‘Seaside Derby’.

Notifications
In game notifications should be received faster.
Notification times should be correct.
Fixed an issue where the player would be returned to the title screen after confirmation of Additional Content confirmation.
Track messages now appear after online disconnect and reconnect.
Fixed an issue where a black screen would appear when disconnecting a Storage Device while in the bike selection screen.
Fixed an issue where users could not activate notifications from Local MP.
Fixed an issue where two results screens were shown during upsell screen in Trials mode.
Fixed an issue with tournament notifications not appearing after reboot.
Fixed an issue with Track and Level Up messages from friends not being received.
Notification for tracks shared by friends is now working.
Team Notifications are now visible in the Notification Center.
Fixed an issue with Notifications not being received under certain conditions.

Graphics
Fixed a texture issue on ‘Eden’ from Empire of the Sky.
Fixed an issue where CMAA resulted in a pixelated top bar during gameplay.

Sound
Restarting a track should not replay the voiceovers.
Fixed an issue causing bike sounds to be audible when sound is set to 0 or accessing the in game menu.

Menus
Fixed an error that could cause replay data to show as incomplete depending on where the replay was accessed from (leaderboard, friends leaderboard, finish screen…).
Fixed an issue where the player is not redirected to the Xbox Marketplace when trying to purchase a Season Pass and the store is unavailable.
Fixed an issue with audio stuttering when launching the game on a secondary PSN account.
Fixed an issue with random crashes when the game has been running for longer than 30 minutes.
Fixed an issue that caused crashing when entering Track Central.
Fixed thumbnails and info for tracks being displayed while viewing ‘Recent’ from the Ride menu.
Fixed an issue where ‘Coming Soon’ is displayed for installed DLC.
Fixed infinite loading when accessing additional content in main menu and accessing not installed DLC options from the career menu.

PC Specific

Menus:
The additional content menu images now change when mouse is used to navigate.
Alt+Enter changes between Fullscreen mode and Windowed mode without proceeding to next menu anymore.
Fixed a small deadzone issue in the Color Adjustment Circle when using the gamepad.
Any options menu items will now react when being clicked. It will circle between the different options.

Graphic options menu:
There is now an option to disable the frame skipper for people who were facing performances issues since the Patch 3.1. The frame skipper is “enabled” by default.
When setting resolution to the native resolution and choosing “windowed mode”, the game won’t have border anymore.

Local multiplayer:
The mouse can now be used to dismiss “Controller Disconnected” popup.
User is now able to redeem tournament rewards through notification center in Local Multiplayer lobby.
Players’ colors are now correct, even when a player removes the controller.
The “Select Track” menu now has the correct button mapping when using Mouse and Keyboard.
Fixed a crash at the end of the track when Player 2 leaves the lobby.
Fix a crash when one of the users removes the controller and another user starts the track from “my tracks”.

Editor:
CTRL+S will no longer move the camera. A message confirming the track has been saved is now displayed as well.
The Rusted Seed building block should now work correctly.
The frame rate in the editor when using the mouse and the keyboard has been improved.
Fixed a crash that could happen when placing driving line.
Fixed some issues that could cause the Toolbar icons to not switch properly when using gamepad and mouse/keyboard alternatively.

Miscellaneous:
Fixed a crash that could happen when rating a track.
Fast forward is working as intended again.
When the frame skipper is enabled, restarting to previous checkpoint will now be smooth.

And there you have it. We’re already hard at work on the next set of updates and fixes for Trials Fusion, and we appreciate all of the feedback and suggestions that you have given us. If you will kindly excuse me, I have some new editor tools to go and learn.

IImayneII
09-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Interesting update...some nice fixes, and can't wait to see how the branching driving line will work!

No ETA of the patch?

RoguishRonin
09-19-2014, 03:02 PM
ETA - Pretty Much Super Soon.

Like, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. Not today, and not on the weekend, but SOOOOOOOON. Can't give an exact date due to certification processes, but pretty much super soon.

Morgan189
09-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Looks like a big update :)
Will there come some additions to Track Central in future patches? Like a sign to show which track has already been played, or local track storage? (Like Evo had) The same design for custom and standard feeds, where we can see the thumbnails? Or different serach options for custom feeds, like sort after date, etc. - i have to cycle through every page to see if there's a new track available.

En0-
09-19-2014, 03:25 PM
There are clearly more improvements coming to Track Central. We try to improve it each patch, there is no plan to stop doing at the moment.

Jeruhnq
09-19-2014, 04:15 PM

Like, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. Not today, and not on the weekend, but SOOOOOOOON. Can't give an exact date due to certification processes, but pretty much super soon.
So, next week or in 2 weeks i suppose :p
Anyways, looks a very nice update! ;)

Ozy Be
09-19-2014, 05:14 PM
:)Looks awesome,
Branching drive lines:eek:cant wait to see what this leads to, will lend itself to future MP maps very nicely I hope:D

Thanks for good news:D

TheSlimReeper
09-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Awesome update that is coming soon. Really really really like every new feature, The only one I don't care about is the conversations in single player.

PleikkaDude
09-19-2014, 05:18 PM
1000 track limit in the feeds is awesome news and i thank you for that! I have no idea what branching driving lines even means, but after seeing the reaction of the builders, i'm super hyped for that too!

ObeseSpectator
09-19-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm stoked to see the results of branching driving lines. Also, I'm glad to see my precious complexity returned to me, because with multiple driving lines in need of decoration, things will get complicated.

geordiedeviant
09-19-2014, 05:32 PM

Am I missing something? Is this to do with the incoming rumored 'teams' things? or is it notifications from the RL team?
If the former.....when is the Teams thing dropping?

Also cannot wait to see what the genius builders manage with the branching drive lines. This also interests me massively and excites me for the tracks incoming with the future DLC packs. Awesome!!

Bravo on the TC feed business. Never expected it to make such a jump. I'm sure there are certain people around here over the moon at that announcement. :)

En0-
09-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Am I missing something? Is this to do with the incoming rumored 'teams' things? or is it notifications from the RL team?
If the former.....when is the Teams thing dropping?

Also cannot wait to see what the genius builders manage with the branching drive lines. This also interests me massively and excites me for the tracks incoming with the future DLC packs. Awesome!!

Bravo on the TC feed business. Never expected it to make such a jump. I'm sure there are certain people around here over the moon at that announcement. :)

Looks like I missed something when I reviewed the patch notes.

It's related to the incoming feature pack "Teams" that has been announced a few months ago. No date yet.

geordiedeviant
09-19-2014, 05:44 PM

It's related to the incoming feature pack "Teams" that has been announced a few months ago. No date yet.

Cool. Thanks En0-

Jongie
09-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Great news! Big improvement for track central. Totally appreciate!

Core2TOM
09-19-2014, 08:06 PM

sounds very good, but how does this affect tracks with maxed out complexity that will go crossplatform from xb1 / ps4 / pc to xbox 360? or will those kind of tracks not go crossplatform?

team notifications without the team feature itself? :confused:

Newest Beginner feed has been added.

will it be removed again with the next update? :p or will it stay forever this time?

mutetus
09-19-2014, 08:13 PM
sounds very good, but how does this affect tracks with maxed out complexity that will go crossplatform from xb1 / ps4 / pc to xbox 360? or will those kind of tracks not go crossplatform?

Cross platform tracks have to be modified for 360 anyway to get them running 60fps so it's not a problem if the complexity is maxed on next gen.

Psyhodelik
09-19-2014, 11:26 PM

Allélouya !! \o/

BiG_SH0T_ROB
09-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Menus
Fixed an issue with random crashes when the game has been running for longer than 30 minutes.
Fixed an issue that caused crashing when entering Track Central. [/LIST]

Great news!!!

I got so sick of my game freezing and restarting all the time i actually
hooked up my 2 TB external hdd to my Xbone to move Fusion to it in a noobish effort to fix my freezing issues.

Long story short..
Xbox One makes ext. drives unusable for anything else and makes Windows
no longer reckonise the drive once its formatted for X1 (unlike the way it was on 360)
So i went into linux ubuntu and recovered my precious 2 TB (but not my Fusion data since i had to reformat :( )
And i guess the X1 cloud failed me or i did something wrong but i lost all my fusion data and had to start all over again lol

Really could have used this update a week or so ago guys!
But i cannot blame yall for my own idiotic ideas though :p

RoguishRonin
09-20-2014, 01:04 AM

#slowclap

VEGASTRASH
09-20-2014, 04:43 AM
Could someone expand on branching the driveline? How is this different from copying your existing track, the just altering the driveline? It doesn't seem like it does much.
48 hour feed for TC would have been good, but more so...have a limit for people uploading tracks. It's good fixes are being made, but TC is a hot mess with spamming all over it. All I'll be seeing is 1000 uploads that I wouldn't even consider tracks. You need a moderator for TC or at least an upload limit.
Feature some builders...although on the ps4 there are maybe a handful of decent builders...maybe. It's rough:). Especially when it's the best looking console hands down.
Getting rid of Redlynx picks finally, but a few per platform picks per week is much easier than the cross platform...why not do both? There isn't much work in a per platform pick.

Pages is a good feature for TC, but I would really consider the "quality" of what is on track central and address how you could make it better. Do Ubi employees even consider playing 95% of what is high on the feed? Separate ninja feed would be easy to implement, why not do it.

-TC moderators
-upload limit to 2 tracks per week (there is no way most can build something worthwhile in 2 hours). People will think twice before using their upload to put up "ninja training"...training for what, I don't know....just make a track already. It's like getting ready for a big contest that never takes place
-48hr feed, this one is never happening and the most obvious used thing on track central...I know it requires a better server, but I'm sure Ubisoft can spare some change with the 20 million in revenue from Fusion...come on

Dynamic shadows for next gen should be addressed. The shadows looked better in Evo....and on a 360.

Lots of bug fixes, but 5 months in...I'm just not too impressed. Bug fixes are needed, but there a ton mentioned I never noticed once.

D2Dahaka
09-20-2014, 06:27 AM
@Trashman The branching line (as they described) is a lot more than that. Looks like you can have forks in the track that can be triggered in some way. What would be really sweet is if the branches could re-connect to the main line and would be even cooler if spline points on the branches could also branch again. Will make for some really funky possibilities especially with a complexity increase on current gen platforms.

Blackbird569
09-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the info guys.. I'm interested to see what exactly is possible with these spline point, things..

VEGASTRASH
09-20-2014, 09:41 AM
@Trashman The branching line (as they described) is a lot more than that. Looks like you can have forks in the track that can be triggered in some way. What would be really sweet is if the branches could re-connect to the main line and would be even cooler if spline points on the branches could also branch again. Will make for some really funky possibilities especially with a complexity increase on current gen platforms.
Sounds good. Have you built any tracks on the ps4? I'm pretty sure you have one and was looking forward to some quality builds.

JolanXBL
09-20-2014, 12:15 PM
@Trashman The branching line (as they described) is a lot more than that. Looks like you can have forks in the track that can be triggered in some way. What would be really sweet is if the branches could re-connect to the main line and would be even cooler if spline points on the branches could also branch again. Will make for some really funky possibilities....
Are Pee Gee... Each branch is a town or... *gasp!* Train switch track http://oi61.tinypic.com/beetn6.jpg

geordiedeviant
09-20-2014, 03:46 PM
#slowclap

:shakes head:

A man bang to rights admits his fault...but you poke him more!!! Disgusting. :p

damassacre
09-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Split driving lines seems like an interesting addition. I hope it will be to Fusion what curved driving lines/TC/Multiplayer were to Evolution: something that moves the series forward while still maintaining it's pure Trials roots/backbone

D2Dahaka
09-21-2014, 03:37 AM
Sounds good. Have you built any tracks on the ps4? I'm pretty sure you have one and was looking forward to some quality builds.

Nothing in the works from me mate. I'd like to do at least one (more than likely on PS4), but not any time soon. Lost the building bug a while ago.

Hairy Cabbage
09-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Sounds like a very nice patch!

On a side note, would it be possible to add the ability to use checkpoints out of order?

D2Dahaka
09-22-2014, 04:07 AM
Probably should give credit where it's due. This is a great and much needed update. The TC pages alone is a big hitter, but then we get hit from left-field with crazy stuff like branching lines it gets me somewhat excited. Now if that pages system could be complimented somewhere down the line with local track management, that would be epic.

NicholasBBB
09-22-2014, 07:55 AM
Still haven't gotten the update but my issue with the rusted seed building was 2. Anytime I altered it (like using a selected broken wall) it would reset anytime I hit the undo button or anytime I saved the track. Was pretty annoying. My track Shadows Of Rebellion had custom rusted buildings that went default and it was pure rage because I built it to include that cool broken look.

If it is fixed. Woohoo.

BlueBadger400
09-22-2014, 08:22 AM
In 10minutes we will have an maintenance on PS4, X1 and PC concerning the 3.5 update. This maintenance will last 1,5h and during this time online features will be down. X360 will not be affected at this time. Thanks!

XoHAYDNoX
09-22-2014, 08:41 AM
In 10minutes we will have an maintenance on PS4, X1 and PC concerning the 3.5 update. This maintenance will last 1,5h and during this time online features will be down. X360 will not be affected at this time. Thanks!

So we can expect this update extremely....'SOON'? ;)

SparkierJoNESZ
09-22-2014, 10:03 AM

thanks for the info blue, this kinda info is what people here want to see more of, maybe it could be a bit more visible like in its own temporary topic

the branching drivelines:confused: i guess i'll have to check it out when its added:cool:

GasClown
09-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Ripper RL! What an awesome update... now just to wrap up the day at work and get Trialling again - geez I'm gonna suck! :nonchalance:

TheCaptainMik
09-22-2014, 10:55 AM

It has been a fair way past 1.5 hours now, and updates on when the maintenance will be finished?

ZanyWabbit
09-22-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm happy with any update these days ever since the last DLC which made me like the game again.

Good work chaps.

funktastic-
09-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Just downloaded the update and thought things had gone wrong because i saw hundreds of tracks on feed , then i read this so phew. Least now everyones on track of week lol looks like a great update those multiple driving lines look like trouble, better tuck into those. No time like the present they say. Cheers guys must have been some hard work in those. :)

Zurgery
09-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Rider Gear :O

En0-
09-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Rider Gear :O

That's not supposed to be here.

oRz_iPsyKoZ
09-22-2014, 11:26 AM
When is the update coming out for 360 users ?

Zurgery
09-22-2014, 11:33 AM
That's not supposed to be here.

Ahh :(

Redlynx_Shogun
09-22-2014, 11:35 AM
When is the update coming out for 360 users ?
X360 is lagging behind a bit this time. I don't have an ETA yet, will update once we know more.

funktastic-
09-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Can anyone tell me if the servers are still down or is it my caveman service provider lol.

Cheers

funktastic-
09-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Think i just answered my own question by posting via my laptop.. hahah what i numbnut

Redlynx_Shogun
09-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Can anyone tell me if the servers are still down or is it my caveman service provider lol.

Cheers
Should be all good at the moment. PC is likely to go offline again to fix an error in the update but at the moment all platforms should be online.

funktastic-
09-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Ps4 says its online even track central is online but upon selecting download of a track it gives the try later box. Hope patch worked ok but cheers anyhow , most likely will work soon. :)

Core2TOM
09-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Redlynx Picks feed has been removed and the Track Central layout has been altered. Newest Beginner feed has been added.

tbh i was very excited for this layout change to track central, because it could be (should be) so much better and the community gave you some great ideas what you could do:
Track Central - SUGGEST IMPROVEMENTS/FIXES HERE for Devs | Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/870304-Track-Central-SUGGEST-IMPROVEMENTS-FIXES-HERE-for-Devs?p=9920646&viewfull=1#post9920646)

but... wtf is this??? please tell me something went wrong and this is NOT the final layout. sorry guys, but this is just ridiculous and i dont know what to say about it :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE4dIVq9kEs

Redlynx_Shogun
09-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Obviously this is not the intended configuration. We are working on fixing it now. Initially there will not be a second page of feeds. more feeds are supported so more will be coming but at the moment the only intended change is removing RL picks and adding newest beginner. clearly half of that change was not applied.

Core2TOM
09-22-2014, 12:43 PM
puhhh... :) that sounds better, thanks shogun. btw what about the Featured feed?

Redlynx_Shogun
09-22-2014, 01:08 PM
puhhh... :) that sounds better, thanks shogun. btw what about the Featured feed?
we do have plans for the featured feed but they've been delayed a little bit. we should have some news on that in the next week or two.

KamranMackey
09-22-2014, 01:12 PM
we do have plans for the featured feed but they've been delayed a little bit. we should have some news on that in the next week or two.

Are the PC servers still offline? I'm unable to connect to the Ubisoft servers.

Also, is there any details on the next DLC yet in terms of release date?

Redlynx_Shogun
09-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Are the PC servers still offline? I'm unable to connect to the Ubisoft servers.

Also, is there any details on the next DLC yet in terms of release date?

The wrong build was uploaded to PC with the update today. They've rolled it back to an older build which can cause server connection issues. They are working on getting the proper build uploaded asap. Will update when I have more information.

No date has been announced yet for the next DLC but we should have some news for that coming very soon.

KamranMackey
09-22-2014, 01:51 PM
The wrong build was uploaded to PC with the update today. They've rolled it back to an older build which can cause server connection issues. They are working on getting the proper build uploaded asap. Will update when I have more information.

No date has been announced yet for the next DLC but we should have some news for that coming very soon.

Okay, great. Thanks! :)

funktastic-
09-22-2014, 01:56 PM

Hi again , im still having issues downloading the tracks i wondered if it maybe is the same issue as above ? cheers im on PS4. Oh and your tuts for trials evo are wicked. learnt everything for this from them.

Redlynx_Shogun
09-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Hi again , im still having issues downloading the tracks i wondered if it maybe is the same issue as above ? cheers im on PS4. Oh and your tuts for trials evo are wicked. learnt everything for this from them.
There was an issue with downloading tracks on PS4 but it should now be resolved. Are you still experiencing issues downloading?

funktastic-
09-22-2014, 02:30 PM
ahh just downloaded one , yeah seems to be working now. thanx for the help bud :)

Jeruhnq
09-22-2014, 04:12 PM
New DLC coming soon! :p
I've the list of the trophies on my ps4, so the dlc will come soon. I would say in 2 weeks :)

KALzzone8
09-22-2014, 06:19 PM
What does that little +xp -sign on a track thumbnail means and why is it only on few tracks?

argo1mk
09-22-2014, 06:26 PM
hmm, my first RL pick of all time ever is removed. what an honor -.-

JonesyMufc
09-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Updated my game today on Xbox one and now it says I don't have any dlc. I have a season pass so I go to reinstall the dlc and it tells me it's already installed

RoguishRonin
09-22-2014, 07:01 PM
hmm, my first RL pick of all time ever is removed. what an honor -.-

I don't see anything missing that jumps out at me. Can you tell me what platform you are on (and the name of the track)?

Updated my game today on Xbox one and now it says I don't have any dlc. I have a season pass so I go to reinstall the dlc and it tells me it's already installed

Can you try deleting and reinstalling the DLC?

DietPepsi1997
09-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Oh my god branching driving lines <3, and the editor is fixed yaaaaay!

Core2TOM
09-23-2014, 12:53 AM
What does that little +xp -sign on a track thumbnail means and why is it only on few tracks?

seems like this is not working properly :confused: i think the idea is to beat #1 on the leaderboards to get extra xp (?)
there is a message "at least 20 people must be on the leaderboards" or something, but on some tracks there are already over 100 people / 100 likes and its still not working. or you have to beat #2 instead of #1. its a nice addition if you care about xp, but needs to be fixed. also it seems like will will see this xp icon on ALL tracks soon. so why do we even need the xp icon?

Smilies2013
09-23-2014, 01:16 AM
I had it also once that it showed i didnt had the DLC yet, my problem was that i didnt gave the game the time to load.
Dont click start to fast,, make sure you load the DLC when you start the game

Jeruhnq
09-23-2014, 01:18 AM
I think the XP is now about medals and you need to get 20 people on leaderboard at least ;)

Zzzlol94
09-23-2014, 01:47 AM
Initial impressions after testing for 20 minutes on PC.
The fix for speed ups when resetting with frame skipper works great. Also feels like there's a lot less lag caused by the frame skipper, need to test that a lot more. Seems like there has been done a lot of work to improve the frame skipper as I don't have a lot of lag with it now like before. But it's still required for a small amount of tracks, especially Eden, as it drops to 20-30FPS without frame skipping on the first part of the track. Having borderless windowed mode is great for us using multiple monitors. And it also seems like menuing is a bit more responsive and faster. I'll get more into detail and test some more tracks and stuff later.

Monstified
09-23-2014, 04:02 AM
My DLC is now gone and i cant access it. Im on Xbox One

En0-
09-23-2014, 07:16 AM
Initial impressions after testing for 20 minutes on PC.
The fix for speed ups when resetting with frame skipper works great. Also feels like there's a lot less lag caused by the frame skipper, need to test that a lot more. Seems like there has been done a lot of work to improve the frame skipper as I don't have a lot of lag with it now like before. But it's still required for a small amount of tracks, especially Eden, as it drops to 20-30FPS without frame skipping on the first part of the track. Having borderless windowed mode is great for us using multiple monitors. And it also seems like menuing is a bit more responsive and faster. I'll get more into detail and test some more tracks and stuff later.

That's great news. Please keep sharing feedback to help us to see how what we do impact players. We have more things coming for PC to help but that's good if it feels better overall.

Kushland604
09-23-2014, 09:37 AM
the rusted seed buildings still dont work when u switch 2 broken walls it goes back 2 normal

TeriXeri
09-23-2014, 11:06 AM
First looks after yesterday: (PC version)

TC:
- 1000 per feed is great, for PC is basicly means you can go back to ALL tracks as there's no more then 1000 of 1 difficulty, as well as favorites.
- search pages/custom feeds also go well over the old number now used to be 15 page of 7, now I assume it's 1000 as well as there were over 100 pages of Medium Trials for example.

Suggestions for future TC improvements:
I'd still love to see an option to search for tags, ninja for example, and set a time limit last week/month/3 month/6month or similar.
Also would like to see a way to sort favorites by difficulty/name/creator or similar, right now it seems to list tracks by release dates.
Hopefully it can be done in a future update but this is a good start to give tracks more exposure. As well as help out the platforms with over 10000 tracks to find older/specific tracks easier.

Editor:
-Feels a lot smoother as well with keyboard/mouse.
-Rusted seed building user defined broken walls work now.

Branching Drivelines:
- They are a very cool addition to the game, many new tracks can come from this
- Driving line event makes it even easier to use, as well as the randomize option has a lot of potential.
- Multiple finish lines, tracks connecting back on itself, triggered splits, many options instead of just vertical routes splitting a track, you can even make like 1 track have different routes depending on bike choice.

argo1mk
09-23-2014, 11:54 AM
I don't see anything missing that jumps out at me. Can you tell me what platform you are on (and the name of the track)?

Of course Xbox One - [ElecTrialyzer]

So the Rl picks are now removed. And the replacement are uplay Recommended.
What is this huge presented - feed. remains forever?

Jongie
09-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Any news for 360 users?

Tigerriot
09-23-2014, 02:41 PM
So no real improvements to Tournaments? That's really disappointing to see. There is a bug where one of the "hard" tournaments features 4 easy tracks. That's not fixed?

Also, please tell me more tracks are going to be cycled into the tournaments. Why is it the same 20 tracks being used? What about all the others? What about the DLC tracks?

En0-
09-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Any news for 360 users?

Not yet, we're having discussions by email with Microsoft.

VEGASTRASH
09-23-2014, 03:49 PM
So no real improvements to Tournaments? That's really disappointing to see. There is a bug where one of the "hard" tournaments features 4 easy tracks. That's not fixed?

Also, please tell me more tracks are going to be cycled into the tournaments. Why is it the same 20 tracks being used? What about all the others? What about the DLC tracks?

So....you're the guy who plays these:)
I notice most of those tournaments on the ps4 have maybe 100 people who run them...out of half a million.

Nice job on the small update upgrades. 1000 tracks in the feed...very nice. If only there were more than 50 worth playing. The complexity meter is a HUGE boost on PS4. I couldn't believe it.

It seems many like the branch driving lines, but I need to see it in action first. I see how to route it in the editor, but feel people will always run the same (quickest) route. Track downloads have dipped tremendously....as expected 5 months after release. I think if TC were implemented into the game better, you would see more builders and downloads...but maybe not. Trials is a VERY small community. Even official Trials feeds from Ubisoft yield @100 views on youtube...rough

Track central moderation is needed the most of everything or an upload limit. Eliminate spam and you'll increase the percentage of quality tracks.

All in all, not a bad effort and it's good to see things being worked on. I wonder what the "Featured" feed will bring. Certainly something that takes 6 months...by the time its running, must be pretty awesome....we'll see.

Best part of the update, removing Red Lynx picks..haah Worst part, never adding clothing or anything to use money/XP points on. Isn't there supposed to be progression in a game? Much like Frontier....always something to shoot for, etc. There is no progressive gameplay in Trials, possibly leading to the fall off of players. You can always try to be previous bests....which is great for a while, but there is just nothing to buy or achieve in the game.

TeriXeri
09-23-2014, 03:54 PM
It seems many like the branch driving lines, but I need to see it in action first. I see how to route it in the editor, but feel people will always run the same (quickest) route.

They added a "driving line event" with a randomize setting for the route switches if you dont want people to strictly choose routes. Just target the spline point after a hit/area/whatever trigger.

Dead end routes will automaticly turn the last CP in a finish line on the picked route.

JolanXBL
09-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Any news for 360 users?
Do a Google search for "Xbox 360 Certification Process". It looks like every new feature has to be checked in every possible combination to ensure the game cannot damage the console or peripherals, among other checks. And if something doesn't pass, the entire process gets restarted.
Don't understand why it's such a big secret.

One site suggests XBLA updates are on Wednesdays so perhaps today or a week from now? :confused:

Jongie
09-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Do a Google search for "Xbox 360 Certification Process". It looks like every new feature has to be checked in every possible combination to ensure the game cannot damage the console or peripherals, among other checks. And if something doesn't pass, the entire process gets restarted.
Don't understand why it's such a big secret.

One site suggests XBLA updates are on Wednesdays so perhaps today or a week from now? :confused:

Thanks for feedback. I know about the certification process. I'm not new to XBoxLive. :P But i didn't know that the update didn't pass it. Anyway, lets hope that it doesn't took a week or 2. I really want to try out the improved track central. :)

Crazyeagle567
09-26-2014, 04:41 AM
I'm willing to bet a $1000 dollars that the multiplayer won't even be announced a month after the last DLC comes out.

RoguishRonin
09-26-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm willing to bet a $1000 dollars that the multiplayer won't even be announced a month after the last DLC comes out.

I'll take this bet.

Also, Online MP has been announced, a release date hasn't. Can I have my money now? Preferably in cash.

Seriously though, we know that you guys want info on MP and we've been pretty quiet about it. It is coming, but if you know ANBA his favorite line is "when it's ready". Hopefully we'll get more detailed info to share soon.

JolanXBL
10-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Can we get a more productive update on the patch for 360 than something about certification or 'discussions by email'? How can it be released on every other platform no problems, yet the system trials was started on keeps getting the back-burner? Like when TC went down, 360 seemed to be the last one to get it fixed. Feels like 360's getting shunned as a push to upgrade to newer consoles :/.
Sorry putting out that rumor, but I've experienced something similar in the past & it's not a pleasant memory :(

DEADEXIST
10-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Lol.....
True or false?
Someone messed up on the complexity & gave it to us
too early.
You guys took it away from us so it can come back
as something new?

Xbox 360 got screwed again out of something that was already there.

So lets call it a bug & then call it an upgrade?

Lol!

En0-
10-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Lol.....
True or false?
Someone messed up on the complexity & gave it to us
too early.
You guys took it away from us so it can come back
as something new?

Xbox 360 got screwed again out of something that was already there.

So lets call it a bug & then call it an upgrade?

Lol!

The difference between what was lost in complexity and what has been added in the last update is not at all of the same scale. (we added much more than what has been lost previously)

For the X360, it was not blocked on our side. Though now it's unblocked, last logistic things are being processed, the date of the update will be given by Shifty/Shogun in the next days.

DEADEXIST
10-01-2014, 02:32 PM
The difference between what was lost in complexity and what has been added in the last update is not at all of the same scale. (we added much more than what has been lost previously)
If thats the case then my hats off to you guys for achieving this. :)

I appreciate the quick reply En0.
So can the 360 get some more complexity?
It truly was a gem for the creators. I lost almost half of a track i was working on when the complexity patch removal occurred.

Please see if the 360 can atleast get what we originally started with.

Thanks again for the info & quick reply.:cool:

En0-
10-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Hi DeadEXit,

On X360, we're limited by the hardware itself and we can't handle safely more than what we have now (and the fix that reduces complexity was done to ensure stability...).

That's a problem on our side as well, I understand that it's painful :-(

Regards,

RoguishRonin
10-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Last update I got was that the update for Xbox 360 was still in certification. We're waiting to hear back on how that goes. Until we know for sure, we can't really give an update.

-----------EDIT-------------

Updated the OP with current information.

Vimes_IXI
10-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Hi Guys, Awesome that we've got the 3.5 patch now, but I got a question about the TC updates.

the RLP's tab is still in TC and layout is still the same as it was. From appearances alone, the only change is the addition of beginner track feed.

Keep up the great work guys ;)

#MP #SoonIHope

Globalisateur
10-19-2014, 01:47 PM

Hi,

When can we expect CMAA on the PS4 version of Trials fusion?

Blurry FXAA is a deal breaker for me. I'll buy the game once the PS4 version will feature the non-blurring CMAA solution already used in the XB1 version.

Thanks for you answer!

VEGASTRASH
10-19-2014, 09:15 PM
Hi,

Blurry FXAA is a deal breaker for me. I'll buy the game once the PS4 version will feature the non-blurring CMAA solution already used in the XB1 version.

Thanks for you answer!

We are 6 months in and multiplayer hasn't even been discussed. Do you think that CMAA is even a topic at the office...haha
I will agree the harsh pixelation on most dynamic shadows is purely disgusting to view. I'm aware of optimizing an engine, but the ps4 has the power to make a trade off somewhere. I don't even use dynamic lighting on the driveline because the shadows are rough. The shadows in Evo looked much better. There were no glaring downgrades there.

En0-
10-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Hi,

Thanks for you answer!

Hello,

It has been added in the update of September I believe.

Regards,

VEGASTRASH
10-21-2014, 05:33 AM
Hello,

It has been added in the update of September I believe.

Regards,

Why hasn't the pixelation been addressed on closer shadows in Fusion? Any dynamic light, other than the sun, gives off some nasty pixelated shadows.
I would think the PS4 has the power to handle this.

TeriXeri
10-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Why hasn't the pixelation been addressed on closer shadows in Fusion? Any dynamic light, other than the sun, gives off some nasty pixelated shadows.
I would think the PS4 has the power to handle this.

Same deal on PC with shadow pixelation on dynamic lights. So I don't think it's a case of FXAA or CMAA.