PDA

View Full Version : How did Jacapo even survive this?

pacmanate
09-19-2014, 01:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jkn2rHGWSo

7:25

He gets stabbed twice, then a sword goes through his ENTIRE neck and hes on the floor lifeless.

Then after the cutscene, oh, hes alive again.

Seriously, what the hell? I just noticed how ridiculous this is.

JustPlainQuirky
09-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Animus.

pacmanate
09-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Animus.

That seems to be the answer to everything these days :nonchalance:

RinoTheBouncer
09-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Yeah. I honestly never understood these ‘White Room’ scenes. They happen so inconveniently and illogically. You’re not poisoning nor knocking out, you’re killing them and yet they appear alive and well, and they speak. And even if you ignore that, you’re not assassinating in private, you’re assassinating in among of the crowd, often so how will anyone have the chance to hold someone and hear them speak among their guards or the people in the streets?

These moments had the most meaningful conversations, that I agree with completely but they happen in the most senseless ways.

pacmanate
09-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Yeah. I honestly never understood these ‘White Room’ scenes. They happen so inconveniently and illogically. You’re not poisoning nor knocking out, you’re killing them and yet they appear alive and well, and they speak. And even if you ignore that, you’re not assassinating in private, you’re assassinating in among of the crowd, often so how will anyone have the chance to hold someone and hear them speak among their guards or the people in the streets?

These moments had the most meaningful conversations, that I agree with completely but they happen in the most senseless ways.

Yeah I don't understand it either.

But thats not what I'm saying in this case. Jacapo clearly dies during the cutscene. No one would be able to survive a sword going clean through their neck.

RinoTheBouncer
09-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Yeah I don't understand it either.

But thats not what I'm saying in this case. Jacapo clearly dies during the cutscene. No one would be able to survive a sword going clean through their neck.

Yeah, not to mention how it’s not possible for them to speak either, had they survived.

king-hailz
09-19-2014, 01:55 PM
This happens in all the AC's... In ac3 i shot my target in the face and he was still alive... In revelations I span my targets neck around and he survived...

pacmanate
09-19-2014, 01:57 PM
This happens in all the AC's... In ac3 i shot my target in the face and he was still alive... In revelations I span my targets neck around and he survived...

No it doesn't, you never see a target die in a cutscene only for him to be revived so you can kill him again.

ze_topazio
09-19-2014, 01:59 PM
That seems to be the answer to everything these days :nonchalance:

Like nanomachines in Metal Gear.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Well, I think the white rooms are for storytelling purposes so maybe it's not like actually happening right after they kill them.

Just gives you an idea of what the target's final words were and whatever they say might be useful to you later on. Thats the way I see it anyway.

Sushiglutton
09-19-2014, 03:23 PM
Animus.

Came here to say that :D!

Aphex_Tim
09-19-2014, 03:53 PM

It's even weirder when you end up not even killing the target or killing him inside the white room. Like with Micheletto and Braddock. I stabbed Micheletto right in the throat and then Ezio's just like "Lol, I'm not even here to kill you" and then walks away. I guess it's just because history says Micheletto didn't die then and there. Braddock is killed inside the white room but I always kinda work around that by just knocking him over instead of stabbing him.

Assassin_M
09-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Why did Ezio trust Paola so quickly? and if you use the answer of "oh she's the maid's sister" then why was he such a jerk to her at first when she's sheltering his remaining family?
Why did Ezio, Maria and Claudia walk to Monterrigioni?
Why did Ezio participate in a stupid carnival game, only to lose and end up stealing the mask (WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST OPTION)?
Why was Teodora in the party with no mask?
Why was NO ONE ELSE wearing a mask?
Why would Ezio spare Rodrigo?

All have a simple answer...AC II is dumb.

Locopells
09-19-2014, 04:02 PM
I've always said that I suspect that there's a mental aspect to the White Room conversations, since - as has been pointed out - it's impossible for a lot of them to happen in real time/space. Probably something to do with TWCB DNA and Eagle Vision.

Kakuzu745
09-19-2014, 04:25 PM
White room conversations...ya, I've always felt the are not real...they are more of the finals words that the guy would say but it is not something that is really happening, it is something that the animus is just recreating.

Basically like when you could see the targets in AC1 standing up and talking after you cut their throats :P

Locopells
09-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Well that's my point - they don't physically happen, that's impossible in most cases - yet they clearly do happen in some form, as they're referenced several times in AC1.

Fatal-Feit
09-19-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm more concerned with how they sliced through him like butter.

RinoTheBouncer
09-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Even though I like to believe that the White Rooms are a manifestation of what could’ve been said, something not real or didn’t really happen in that time, but then again, all the conversations in the white room that occurred in ACI were important revelations that Altair did indeed hear and tell to Al Mualim.

It's even weirder when you end up not even killing the target or killing him inside the white room. Like with Micheletto and Braddock. I stabbed Micheletto right in the throat and then Ezio's just like "Lol, I'm not even here to kill you" and then walks away. I guess it's just because history says Micheletto didn't die then and there. Braddock is killed inside the white room but I always kinda work around that by just knocking him over instead of stabbing him.

I agree. It could be just an initial knockout, but I’m not sure. It’s just weird and it feels like there’s so little explanation about this matter.

pacmanate
09-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Why did Ezio trust Paola so quickly? and if you use the answer of "oh she's the maid's sister" then why was he such a jerk to her at first when she's sheltering his remaining family?
Why did Ezio, Maria and Claudia walk to Monterrigioni?
Why did Ezio participate in a stupid carnival game, only to lose and end up stealing the mask (WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST OPTION)?
Why was Teodora in the party with no mask?
Why was NO ONE ELSE wearing a mask?
Why would Ezio spare Rodrigo?

All have a simple answer...AC II is dumb.

1. Shes a prozzy
2. Horses are expensive
3. Ezio is a playa
4. Cause she a prozzy
5. Because everyone else is also a prozzy
6. Cause Rodrigo is also a prozzy and you don't kill prozzies.

You are welcome.

And yeah AC2 is a bit dumb :p

JustPlainQuirky
09-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Harold: Why is he doing that?

Justin: He’s an assassin dad.

Harold: Well I mean… Why is he talking to the guy… he just killed?

Justin: It’s a confession.

Harold: Well that, that’s just dumb.

Justin: Dad please, you’re ruining it.

-Watch_Dogs referencing AC

Shahkulu101
09-20-2014, 08:20 PM
-Watch_Dogs referencing AC

Wait what?

When is that said?

JustPlainQuirky
09-20-2014, 08:25 PM
it's an easter egg when you hack into peoples homes or something

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 09:17 PM
One time I sliced Thomas Hickey's neck off, and he's talking to Connor like nothing happened. O.O

DumbGamerTag94
09-20-2014, 09:45 PM
I always attributed the confessions taking place due to the target not quite dieing of bloodless yet(which is how a hidden blade would kill you).
What never made sense though was the really long ones while soldiers are all around you. Something that was slightly fixed after AC2 with much shorter speeches and more realistic frequency of targets dieing before they can say everything.

With things like Braddocks assassination. I always shoot him(explaining why he rolls to the ground and isn't dead yet in the white room moment)

Sesheenku
09-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Because vidya gaemz

hood3dassassin5
09-22-2014, 09:47 PM
It's a glitch in the Animus, along with the "translation glitch"