View Full Version : Petition on bringing Assassin's Creed: Rogue to PC

bratbag007
09-18-2014, 11:38 AM
For all those love the sea warfare please

Ureh
09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Don't give up (hope)!

They did say that they're looking into a pc port:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/17/assassins-creed-rogue-may-be-coming-to-pc-producer-says/

A.M.Othman
09-18-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it will be released on PC , but not now , maybe next year

LeVoyageur07
09-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Might have better luck if you spell Rogue properly :)

Fatal-Feit
09-19-2014, 11:19 PM
I really don't want my first experience with Rogue to be on last-gen hardware. :(

King_of_Ricers
09-20-2014, 08:58 PM
I don't really care about the last attempt of milking out what's left of the old engine. It's obvious Rogue runs the mechanics and the engine of the past games, and is just a reskin of Black Flag. You even have the same ship, just with a god damn crusader cross on it. (there appears to be a low amount of new features as well) So kewl, we can be templarz nao'. Jeez, just download a mod or something, I'm sure there are reskin's like that, no? Oh yes, Ubi doesn't like mods, they're hard if even possible to make in the terms of anything besides another sweetfx mod so there's that.

Fatal-Feit
09-20-2014, 09:25 PM
I don't really care about the last attempt of milking out what's left of the old engine. It's obvious Rogue runs the mechanics and the engine of the past games, and is just a reskin of Black Flag. You even have the same ship, just with a god damn crusader cross on it. (there appears to be a low amount of new features as well) So kewl, we can be templarz nao'. Jeez, just download a mod or something, I'm sure there are reskin's like that, no? Oh yes, Ubi doesn't like mods, they're hard if even possible to make in the terms of anything besides another sweetfx mod so there's that.

Even if there wasn't Uplay, you can't mod AC:IV's story.

The Morrigan is a different brig that's smaller and more agile. It's equipped with a lot of new tools like the puckle gun and burning oil.

Sure, it's a re-skin of AC:IV, but it's a different game with a new story, game-play formula, and setting, aside from NY. The River Valley alone is supposedly bigger than AC:IV's Caribbean.

You might not be interested in it, but I, and many others, sure as hell are.

thewhitestig
09-20-2014, 10:04 PM
They are gonna do it eventually. Look at how Liberation came with some delay (which was done by the same developer).

Fatal-Feit
09-20-2014, 11:44 PM
They are gonna do it eventually. Look at how Liberation came with some delay (which was done by the same developer).

True, but it'd be nice to not have to wait a year and a half, ya know.

RobertMessier
09-21-2014, 06:01 AM
I'm very new to the AC genre. My son got me interested in it with AC4 and now I'm on AC2 and have pre-ordered Unity. I'm looking forward to Rogue but don't mind the wait for the PC version TOO much since it will give me and my sons time to do Unity. It WOULD be nice if it came out in Spring of 2015 instead of a year later like a lot of y'all are posting. Rogue looks SIMILAR to Black Flag only in the fact that you're on a ship. The rest looks different in the trailer and I'm very much looking forward to getting hooked on that one as well.

topeira1980
09-21-2014, 08:32 AM
welcome to the forums, robert messier :)

rogue doesnt look like a reskin of the same game assets but a by a means of a small progress in game mechanics. kinda like AC:brotherhood and AC:revelations were to AC2, and how AC4 was to AC3 (you havent played most of those i assume). since you havent played AC4 than i guess you'd enjoy AC:rogue. if the reviews are not favorable with Rogue i guess you should play AC4. you'd enjoy it as something new to the franchise....

ANYWAYS, back on topic.

no doubt rogue is gonna have some value to ppl, but i also think that after UNITY it's gonna feel like a very big step backwards. i have a feeling that ACU will improve some important stuff in the formula and playing rogue is probably going to feel like playing AC2 now, in case you missed it. personally i am not a fan of a lot of the changes made in AC3 and AC4 so AC:Rogue is not likely to interest me.
im replaying revelations ATM and having more fun there than i did in AC4 simply because the mechanics of the game were better (the hook blade, the combat, the enemies etc). i guess im not the majority but for me, personally, rogue will not be missed if ACU is good.

however, if ACU changes things for the worse, as doubtful as i am that this will be the case, than i DO wish for a better AC experience and as such maybe rogue WILL be welcomed.