PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed the legend stopped since AC3

zeyadvc
09-18-2014, 08:16 AM
hello my name is zeyad i am from Egypt anyway my opinion that assassins creed series has lost its touch since ac3 ,actually in ac3 i felt it is an assassins creed game only when story is about desmond not conor ,i guess that ac1,2,brotherhood,revelations was best games i've ever played because of the Templars vs assassins story and because of the easter eggs in the games specially ac2 i really searched a lot to understand the secret and the true meaning of the game i guess the team of ac1,2,brotherhood,revelations has changed and i really enjoyed playing withe conor in ac3 and edward in blackflag but the story is like any other game story there was no strong meaning of the games and i feel that ac unity and ac rogue are in two different stories so that is not assassins creed original story i got an awesome idea for good assassins ceed but i guess ubisoft wont read this

i am so sorry for my grammar

king-hailz
09-18-2014, 09:06 AM
I agree with you 100% there was something that AC games had from AC1-ACR, it had a mysticism to it, a certain feeling that not everyone gets... its not that the later games are bad games but they lost that touch that the previous games had!

It was for many reasons... For me a lot of it was the conspiracies and the relation to our world... and to my religion... If there are any Muslims out there they would know who the first civilization really are, and how all these things are relating... I think AC3 would have been better if they mentioned more about the free masons! However that would have offended a lot... This is really the reason why I think they made tyranny of King Washington which added a lot of that conspiracy, like the pyramid and the eye who is watching all!

I actually prefer TOKW to the main game! Also the secret page in George Washingtons notebook! The older games had these especially AC2 with all those glyphs... I hope to god those kinds of things are back with ACUnity! I would love that... overall yeah your right the games really lost something special after AC3... but I think unity could bring that back!

pacmanate
09-18-2014, 12:09 PM
I agree. With OP and Hailz, AC has lost its "charm".

For me, it was the mystery and story for modern day.

In AC1, being imprisoned, whilst a bit annoying, gave us a nice foundation for the series. It told us what the Assassins and Templars are, we got introduced to Lucy.
In AC2, we get to escape at the start WITH Lucy, we break out of Abstergo. Get introduced to Shaun and Rebecca, the bleeding effect. Then the biggest part of all, Subject 16 and his cryptic glyphs.
In AC:B we got to explore the Villa in "modern" times as well as the underground, the Colosseum, the first civ tech in the Temple of Juno. We got to see our first "Holograms" speaking to us.
In AC:R (It sucked, lets be honest, nothing great happened)
In AC3 we had the whole mystery of the Temple and what it did, more holograms. Those 2 things alone were quiet mysterious to me as they were always in the back of my mind.

Then you hit AC4, where there is no mystery on the modern day. You simply just find files then get randomly stabbed with a "far below lethal dose" syringe? Which means Aita is an idiot apparently.

m4r-k7
09-18-2014, 12:46 PM
It has lost its charm abit..since they moved into the 18th century. Also, it continuously feels like they are trying to impress new players into their games, rather than the hardcore fans that have been with the series since day 1. I still love the franchise, but I get what the OP is saying.

Namikaze_17
09-18-2014, 01:04 PM
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

And I agree, I think one of the things that made AC was all the mystical mysterious glyphs, secret passages, and just the overall feeling of: "What the **** is going on!?" Like you, I loved AC3 and AC4, but I can't deny that I wouldn't have minded seeing something interesting in the AC3 Tunnels, or AC4's Underwater passages. Though I personally think Connor's interaction with a POE and underground passages were arguably in the Peg leg missions if you'd call it. Sadly, AC4 didn't really get the same treatment...would've loved some more mystery and information about the Observatory...like perhaps it's Connection with Desmond, Juno, or even the First Civ?

I disagree about Meaning, because even though Connor & Edward may not have said: "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted." Or had a massive brotherhood, it's their PERSONAL stories combined with how the Creed affected their lifes are what made the meaning: "Asssassin's Creed" mean much more in my eyes.

But Altair and Ezio are great too, they began it all so I can't hate on that. ;)

SixKeys
09-18-2014, 01:17 PM
I really hope ACU will bring back some of the mystery with the Nostradamus stuff. Hacking in AC4 was okay since we got to unlock some cool files, but the "puzzles" themselves were a bit crap. I really miss the glyphs. :(

GunnerGalactico
09-18-2014, 01:44 PM
I do admit that AC has lost a bit of it's charm. IMO, it lost a bit of it's intrigue after ACR. The first 3 games really had me gripped and I couldn't wait to find out what happens next. With ACR- I did not quite enjoy the plot, but I did enjoy the setting and the short playable sequences as Altair. I also felt that Ezio's soliloquy in the library was one of the most moving moments in AC. Like AC1, I enjoyed overall gameplay and plot despite it's imperfections. I did enjoy it's nitty gritty setting and tense atmosphere, and I felt the sense of foreboding. AC4 as far as the plot is concerned, did bring back the intriguing elements that we are used seeing in AC1 and ACB, especially with the search for The Observatory.

What's really sucking the charm out of the series for me is the fact that AC is released annually. Before ACR onwards, I used be excited when a new game is announced and wait eagerly with anticipation. However, I do not get excited when a new game is released as I used to be. Hopefully, Unity will bring back the spark that AC has been missing for a few years.

GoldenBoy9999
09-18-2014, 02:01 PM
I loved the over-arching narrative between the games. When I got AC3 I felt a moment of extreme joy when I started it up and saw them open the door into the cave. I loved it because other games didn't give you that. When you play the new COD you don't feel that because it's a completely different story.

AC4 lost that and I hope the next games improve greatly.

Kakuzu745
09-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Ya, some of the air of mistery of the game has been lost...I really hope we can get that back in ROgue and Unity.

LoyalACFan
09-19-2014, 12:15 AM
Yeah, some of the mystique has worn off. I blame AC3.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-19-2014, 12:30 AM
100 percent agree

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-19-2014, 02:32 AM
The mystique has definitely worn off. Which is a shame. I'd love to have glyphs or glyph-type things back in Unity but I'm not holding my breath. AC1, AC2, and ACB had the most mystique to them. ACR had a bit and revealed some revelations (through DLC ugh) but it didn't really lose it's mystique. Those memory discs were cool -- reliving Ezio reliving Altair's memories was Inception-y, we got some closure for Altair AND Ezio and Ezio actually spoke through time to Desmond which is by far one of the coolest moments ever in the series, the three Assassins coming together in one place, just at different times or ways.

Even all of AC3 had the mystique going for it -- like what was hidden inside, where was the key, etc. But then it just fell apart and was like "oh okay, I guess THAT happened... and...end? Wait, what? That's it? THAT's IT?!?!?!?!?" Because of that ending, AC4 (from the sounds of it) doesn't have much mystique to it and ACU will likely not have much either considering they're pretty committed to "YOU are the modern day character" angle. Which I guess is fine. I can never forgive the writers for how rushed and awful Desmond's story was ended so my hope now solely lies in the gameplay -- Unity looks to have that covered. The original AC's premise but done with 7 years worth of hindsight and ideas -- investigating the Assassinations will allow for new paths, new opportunities, but they take place within the mission rather than having you repeat the same 4 or 5 activities over and over like in AC1. The idea that you're an agent of stealth, a blade in the crowd -- revamped crowds for larger numbers of people which should make it more believable that you're "disappearing into the crowd" as well as finally introducing a crouch mechanic. Looking at how the first game really showed off it's amazing parkour/climbing mechanic and revamping that significantly for the time in the series (AC3/4 changed the parkour a bit but not nearly as radically). The missions are more sandboxy like the original game but hopefully even more so!

But it also utilizes some of the best aspects of AC2 -- the beautiful and dense cities of AC2 echo in the streets of Paris. AC2 introduced customization to AC for the first time with multiple color variations to the robes as well as armor plus a multitude of different looking weapons -- ACU is looking at that and upping the ante considerably (ACB, ACR, AC3, and AC4 all shared a similar customization system) by including a lot of color combinations, outfit pieces from the head to torso to boots, different weapons, etc.

So the CORE ideologies implemented in the first game, which have since been forgotten in some ways, seem as though they're making a comeback. I mean, heck, Arno has a single hidden blade again which makes it similar to Altair even in that aspect.

But with the customization and environmental ideologies from AC2 combined as well. Idk, ACU looks like it COULD (emphasis on could) be the best AC to date if it hits all or most of the marks its aiming for, at least technically speaking. But it may still lack that hidden charm of the originals, the mystery of TOWCB/First Civ, what Abstergo's ultimate goals were, etc.

they need a new mystery asap but I'm still not sure how good it'll be. What happened in AC3 is canon and I just.. ugh. I can't get over it. I felt so cheated out of a proper ending for what they had been building up.

JustPlainQuirky
09-19-2014, 02:47 AM
AC3 was my first AC game...

it felt magical...

Namikaze_17
09-19-2014, 02:54 AM
AC3 was my first AC game...

it felt magical...

^ This. Even if it didn't have all the Mystical cryptic stuff like in other games, I still enjoyed for what it was/ had.

Megas_Doux
09-19-2014, 03:30 AM
Newbies :P

Just kidding ;)

GunnerGalactico
09-19-2014, 10:56 AM
^ This. Even if it didn't have all the Mystical cryptic stuff like in other games, I still enjoyed for what it was/ had.

^ and I agree with this :p

In AC2, I really enjoyed finding the symbols on buildings and solving it's puzzles. That was magical to me. I feel that they should bring back a bit the mystical aspects and puzzle solving to the game, like deciphering secret Templar messages or codex pages.

m4r-k7
09-19-2014, 01:12 PM
AC 3 was a great game (and does not deserve a lot of its hate) but to me it was more of Warriors Creed rather than Assassins Creed (don't hate me!)

Unity definitely seems to be bringing back the charm with underground passageways, interiors in monuments, nostradamas, murder mysteries etc

RinoTheBouncer
09-19-2014, 01:30 PM
I guess most people, including me, can agree with you to some extent, at least. To me, I LOVED ACIII so much, and I do agree that the historical part kinda didnít have much to do with being an Assassin, but I did love it and I loved the modern day so much, but I was disappointed be the overly rushed and badly directed ending. After ACIII, the charm was totally lost, yes.

pacmanate
09-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Okay so playing AC2 again and it definitely has the most mystery to it, both in literal and ambient sense.

1. Lucy "Switching" sides always made me question her
2. Who is Subject 16, why did Desmonds DNA match his? What was so important?
3. The glyphs
4. The Auditore Crypt
5. All of the tombs, the music, ambience was awesome
6. The codex, what it was, why it was made, what it contained
7. Desmond's "out of animus" experience with Altair, making you think maybe Altair or Maria switched sides.
8. The "Truth" video with Adam and Eve
9. The Apple of Eden and the Staff
10. "Seeing" TWCB for the first time
11. The temple under the Vatican
12. TWCB directly addressing Desmond.

They might seem like little things in themselves, but altogether it was the best AC game so far that made you think a lot.

RinoTheBouncer
09-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Okay so playing AC2 again and it definitely has the most mystery to it, both in literal and ambient sense.

1. Lucy "Switching" sides always made me question her
2. Who is Subject 16, why did Desmonds DNA match his? What was so important?
3. The glyphs
4. The Auditore Crypt
5. All of the tombs, the music, ambience was awesome
6. The codex, what it was, why it was made, what it contained
7. Desmond's "out of animus" experience with Altair, making you think maybe Altair or Maria switched sides.
8. The "Truth" video with Adam and Eve
9. The Apple of Eden and the Staff
10. "Seeing" TWCB for the first time
11. The temple under the Vatican
12. TWCB directly addressing Desmond.

They might seem like little things in themselves, but altogether it was the best AC game so far that made you think a lot.

Perfectly said!

pacmanate
09-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Perfectly said!

But then it goes downhill!

AC Brotherhood only raised one question, "What were Lucys true motives?"We saw TWCB in AC2 so seeing them again wasn't as surprising as the reveal. The Temple of Juno was cool but we already had something similar with the vault under the Vatican.

AC Revelations ruined Clay, he wasn't mysterious anymore, he was almost like a completely different person. There was nothing in the modern day to add mystery other than right at the very end where you open the doors of the van.

AC3's only mystery to me was what Junos intentions were and her showing us all the weird Nexus crap when we plugged in a a power core. Other than that, the modern day was just running around collecting batteries. The Apple Connor had wasn't even mysterious either, just that it was nexus inducing.

AC4 didn't even have a modern day worth having, it was just a hacking simulator to get files to fill in various parts of the AC universe. There were only 2 cool parts that happened, seeing Juno again to remind us that yes, she is a thing still, as well as seeing Aita. However they ruined him too, they showed him to be alive only to kill him off again, so it was kinda pointless even having him there.

DumbGamerTag94
09-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Personally I've had more fun gameplay wise and enjoyed myself more with the games SINCE AC3.

I think AC3 and 4 had great stories and settings, I liked everything about them pretty much(except for Ac3s attempt to shoehorn too much).
But really that's my only gripe. Other than that I've HIGHLY enjoyed the series even more since AC3.
I mean we got guns,rope darts,tomahawks,duel swords,sailing,costume customization more than just switching color, side activities that were more than just repetitive missions to kill 5 guards here or there, liberating slaves, treasure hunting, knowing the people in your home base, etc etc etc. I could go on for the whole day with every improvement we've gotten since AC3.

IMO the best games of the series thus far have been AC4, AC3, and Freedom Cry. Hell even Liberation which kind of sucked wasn't that bad. Especially compared to its closest AC handheld counterpart ACBloodlines.

Most of the people whining aren't doing it because of bad characters or poor stories/bad gameplay. Which with the last few titles we've gotten some of the best of the series. With people like Edward topping many fav assassins list or at least a close second. And Haytham being most people's favorite Templar. And the morally grey stories of the past few games.

Let's get real here and talk about the real reason people hate games after AC3....
-there's guns......some people are really caught up in some kind of Dungeons and Dragons, renaissance fair, medieval times, W.O.W., Skyrim, fanboy obsession with swords. To the point that several people would put down any setting or even any game that's not AC just because they have guns. (Even if they are good). I mean people be hating on GTAV and Red dead for gods sake. Among others like COD, Battlefield etc.
I mean the only time these people like guns is when it's set in some weird space setting(probably cuz they are also Star Trek/wars fanboys also) and adds RPG elements(because that's often their favorite genre). Speaking if space ****. That leads in to point 2.

-MD/First Civ BS. Some folks are angry because they don't ramble on about some BS made up godlike freaks constantly, or they don't make you pull levers and have pointless optional convos with people in MD(which is all MD ever was but for some reason these people love it....then criticize the homestead for being boring.....I'd rather heard pigs)
They hate on AC4 the most because it marginalized MD. But guess what?!
MD is the one part of AC that the general public an consumers have repeatedly complained about and deemed the worst part of the series. Nobody gives a **** about it.
Nobody likes being pulled from the animus and an awesome historical setting(the whole selling point of AC btw). To have a fit chat with people and push buttons to lock up a bars or pull leavers for some *****. It's dumb. And distracts from the Historic stories that 99% of buyers care more about.

Just get over it. There are other setting out there besides game of thrones look alikes and Star Trek wannabes. If you don't like that then don't play it. If those problems listed above are shared by you.....then AC just probably isn't the series for you and will only continue to disappoint you. Because you are expecting something that AC is not and never was.

Farlander1991
09-19-2014, 04:18 PM
-there's guns......some people are really caught up in some kind of Dungeons and Dragons, renaissance fair, medieval times, W.O.W., Skyrim, fanboy obsession with swords. To the point that several people would put down any setting or even any game that's not AC just because they have guns.

The biggest irony in regards the firearm criticism, btw, is that we've had guns ever since AC2 (for the protagonist) and ACB (for the enemies). And, quite frankly, the hidden gun is more powerful than any of the guns AC3 or AC4 provided us with. And still somehow settings like those of AC3 and AC4 are criticized because guns.

DumbGamerTag94
09-19-2014, 04:26 PM
The biggest irony in regards the firearm criticism, btw, is that we've had guns ever since AC2 (for the protagonist) and ACB (for the enemies). And, quite frankly, the hidden gun is more powerful than any of the guns AC3 or AC4 provided us with. And still somehow settings like those of AC3 and AC4 are criticized because guns.

Exactly!!! And that seriously irks me.
Ezio was literally using his gun every 5 seconds in revelations(which ironically is usually the game most highly praised by these people)

You could play AC3 and 4 without ever firing a pistol at a non firing range dummy character. While ACB and R force you to use it every time you use a weapon.

Assassin_M
09-19-2014, 04:32 PM
t3ala ya brense asobellak kobayet shay, e7na a3deen a3da 7elwa m3 nas 7elwa.

Zat said, it's natural for mystique to wear off when more is revealed or as a story progresses.

Fatal-Feit
09-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Personally I've had more fun gameplay wise and enjoyed myself more with the games SINCE AC3.

I think AC3 and 4 had great stories and settings, I liked everything about them pretty much(except for Ac3s attempt to shoehorn too much).
But really that's my only gripe. Other than that I've HIGHLY enjoyed the series even more since AC3.
I mean we got guns,rope darts,tomahawks,duel swords,sailing,costume customization more than just switching color, side activities that were more than just repetitive missions to kill 5 guards here or there, liberating slaves, treasure hunting, knowing the people in your home base, etc etc etc. I could go on for the whole day with every improvement we've gotten since AC3.

IMO the best games of the series thus far have been AC4, AC3, and Freedom Cry. Hell even Liberation which kind of sucked wasn't that bad. Especially compared to its closest AC handheld counterpart ACBloodlines.

Most of the people whining aren't doing it because of bad characters or poor stories/bad gameplay. Which with the last few titles we've gotten some of the best of the series. With people like Edward topping many fav assassins list or at least a close second. And Haytham being most people's favorite Templar. And the morally grey stories of the past few games.

Let's get real here and talk about the real reason people hate games after AC3....
-there's guns......some people are really caught up in some kind of Dungeons and Dragons, renaissance fair, medieval times, W.O.W., Skyrim, fanboy obsession with swords. To the point that several people would put down any setting or even any game that's not AC just because they have guns. (Even if they are good). I mean people be hating on GTAV and Red dead for gods sake. Among others like COD, Battlefield etc.
I mean the only time these people like guns is when it's set in some weird space setting(probably cuz they are also Star Trek/wars fanboys also) and adds RPG elements(because that's often their favorite genre). Speaking if space ****. That leads in to point 2.

-MD/First Civ BS. Some folks are angry because they don't ramble on about some BS made up godlike freaks constantly, or they don't make you pull levers and have pointless optional convos with people in MD(which is all MD ever was but for some reason these people love it....then criticize the homestead for being boring.....I'd rather heard pigs)
They hate on AC4 the most because it marginalized MD. But guess what?!
MD is the one part of AC that the general public an consumers have repeatedly complained about and deemed the worst part of the series. Nobody gives a **** about it.
Nobody likes being pulled from the animus and an awesome historical setting(the whole selling point of AC btw). To have a fit chat with people and push buttons to lock up a bars or pull leavers for some *****. It's dumb. And distracts from the Historic stories that 99% of buyers care more about.

Just get over it. There are other setting out there besides game of thrones look alikes and Star Trek wannabes. If you don't like that then don't play it. If those problems listed above are shared by you.....then AC just probably isn't the series for you and will only continue to disappoint you. Because you are expecting something that AC is not and never was.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Exactly!!! And that seriously irks me.
Ezio was literally using his gun every 5 seconds in revelations(which ironically is usually the game most highly praised by these people)

You could play AC3 and 4 without ever firing a pistol at a non firing range dummy character. While ACB and R force you to use it every time you use a weapon.

Yes, THANK YOU! I've been reiterating that every time someone brings up guns.

Hans684
09-19-2014, 05:42 PM
If you ask the same awnsered questions over and over again, then yes but that's on you. Eve is still the same mystery she was back in 2009, the only new pice of information we got about her is at the end of Liberation. "Eve will lead us", since "the legend stopped" can someone tell me the rest of the Eve mystery?

What about Ezio's box and the "thing"(if it even is that) in it is still a mystery, we've been teased regarding it in FC(if it is the same box) and we still don't know what's inside. Do anyone know what's inside?

The black rooks in First Civ locations was never explained, do you know what it is? I do it was revealed trough a concept art but I'm keeping it a secret for now to make it a mystery. While doing that I'm trying to point out that gameplay stuff like guns is not something related to mystery or awesome moments like the end of Revelations. Things we don't know is a mystery, things that isn't confirmed to exist or is a legend is a mystery. Also solving puzzles fits with mystery but they themselves isn't a mystery, what is a mystery is the information those puzzles is hiding from us.

RinoTheBouncer
09-19-2014, 05:57 PM
But then it goes downhill!

AC Brotherhood only raised one question, "What were Lucys true motives?"We saw TWCB in AC2 so seeing them again wasn't as surprising as the reveal. The Temple of Juno was cool but we already had something similar with the vault under the Vatican.

AC Revelations ruined Clay, he wasn't mysterious anymore, he was almost like a completely different person. There was nothing in the modern day to add mystery other than right at the very end where you open the doors of the van.

AC3's only mystery to me was what Junos intentions were and her showing us all the weird Nexus crap when we plugged in a a power core. Other than that, the modern day was just running around collecting batteries. The Apple Connor had wasn't even mysterious either, just that it was nexus inducing.

AC4 didn't even have a modern day worth having, it was just a hacking simulator to get files to fill in various parts of the AC universe. There were only 2 cool parts that happened, seeing Juno again to remind us that yes, she is a thing still, as well as seeing Aita. However they ruined him too, they showed him to be alive only to kill him off again, so it was kinda pointless even having him there.

I agree about how ACIV didn’t have a worthy modern day and ACIII’s only had us collecting batteries and finding some key, instead of actually mysteries, but then I loved the gameplay of the modern day segments. I enjoyed them, greatly. Regarding mysteries, I think it’s only normal for the mystery to fade away after finding answers for them. The sad part was that non of the latter games brought any new mystery home.

t3ala ya brense asobellak kobayet shay, e7na a3deen a3da 7elwa m3 nas 7elwa.

Zat said, it's natural for mystique to wear off when more is revealed or as a story progresses.

OMG :P hehehe
Oh and I agree about the second line ;)

Fatal-Feit
09-19-2014, 06:05 PM
I agree about how ACIV didn’t have a worthy modern day and ACIII’s only had us collecting batteries and finding some key, instead of actually mysteries, but then I loved the gameplay of the modern day segments. I enjoyed them, greatly. Regarding mysteries, I think it’s only normal for the mystery to fade away after finding answers for them. The sad part was that non of the latter games brought any new mystery home.

The later games have been more about filling in the gaps than creating more mysteries and plot-holes. Personally, I wouldn't consider it sad if it's part of their goal.

But with that said, Ezio's Box, Minerva's plan, Aita, First Civ Artifacts, the Animus' origin, Olivier's disappearance (Watch_Dog's not canon), Latitia's goal with the Observatory, and more that I can't think of.

pacmanate
09-19-2014, 06:05 PM

It's not just about it fading away, its about it being disregarded.

The "paintings" all over Abstergo, they were never mentioned by Clay, what they were there for.
The truth was never mentioned by Clay and Desmond never even asked what Clay saw. I'm sorry but if I saw Adam and Eve trying to escape TWCB I would want to find out a bit about it.

RinoTheBouncer
09-19-2014, 06:11 PM
The later games have been more about filling in the gaps than creating more mysteries and plot-holes. Personally, I wouldn't consider it sad if it's part of their goal.

But with that said, Ezio's Box, Minerva's plan, Aita, First Civ Artifacts, the Animus' origin, Olivier's disappearance (Watch_Dog's not canon), Latitia's goal with the Observatory, and more that I can't think of.

Yeah and I doubt any of that will be mentioned anytime soon. Ubisoft has the tendency to leave a lot of loose ends untied. I wanna see the modern day story advance instead of changing shape and form until it becomes non existent, and I wanna see them picking up where old mysteries left off instead of just introducing new, independent stories.

It's not just about it fading away, its about it being disregarded.

The "paintings" all over Abstergo, they were never mentioned by Clay, what they were there for.
The truth was never mentioned by Clay and Desmond never even asked what Clay saw. I'm sorry but if I saw Adam and Eve trying to escape TWCB I would want to find out a bit about it.

Exactly! A lot was disregarded. So many important questions were not even asked and we were just left wondering about things will probably never be mentioned again. But to me, at least up until ACIII, the sense of intrigue and hype was alive in me. Now I just wait to see if they’ll be getting any better. But no longer the excitement of the old days when I know stuff are going to happen.

pacmanate
09-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Exactly! A lot was disregarded. So many important questions were not even asked and we were just left wondering about things will probably never be mentioned again. But to me, at least up until ACIII, the sense of intrigue and hype was alive in me. Now I just wait to see if they’ll be getting any better. But no longer the excitement of the old days when I know stuff are going to happen.

Yeah I mean im not saying the others games from ACB-AC3 lost every bit of mystery, cause they were just building on it and I understand you cant just keep adding mystery, but AC:R severely lacked due to coma man, and AC3 just destroyed all my hopes and dreams.

I honestly don't even know why AC4 had a modern day, especially as we won't be "playing" as that "us" again. Shaun and Rebecca seemed to me like they were shoved in there for fan service. Especially since It makes 0 sense that Abstergo security would not recognise Shaun working for them, let alone a "courier" always coming in with a tablet transferring files, you would think they would have been monitored. If anything, the stuff in AC4, the files, that is the stuff that needed to be on initiates.

Xstantin
09-19-2014, 06:20 PM
I think in a way the games' "legend" changes with popular tropes so to say (can't think of a better word). When the first game released conspiracies and secret societies were still a bigger thing and then Dan Brown happened, by the time we got to Black Flag the story points shifted more towards the 'digital frontier' and data handling (similar to Watch Dogs and so on).