PDA

View Full Version : Track Jam 2 Round 2 Voting Closed

RoguishRonin
09-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Thank you for voting!

I have recorded the results and will be performing validation checks.

That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of ALL ages. These are the final creations in the Trials Track Jam 2 Competition. What happens now is completely out of our throttle feathering fingers and totally up to you. It’s time to do your Trials Duty and help determine who wins! Voting on Trials Track Jam 2 is NOW OPEN.

Five creators. Five tracks. One vote.

Choose wisely, because you are helping to select this Track Jam’s overall winner. Our finalist will receive some cool prizes, including a Trials Fusion hoodie, a pair of Gunnar glasses, and a super limited Trials Fusion custom controller (seriously, I can’t even get one of these. I asked Shogun and he literally laughed at me and said “no” - Shifty).

VOTING CLOSES SEPTEMBER 22 @ 1600 EST

Let’s kick this into gear and get started, in the same style of Uplay Recommended drops, here are your 5 Finalists, and a brief bushido-breakdown. Please keep in mind that you should most certainly play all of these tracks and watch the videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0jFbWrPQ6Y&index=1&list=PLY0i08rJ6hGidqD9OdDT-eiC3bcJnbcBw) before you cast your vote. Let’s do our best to make sure it’s about the tracks in the final and not previous work.

TTJ2C MPC “modernize” by kid m p c
Kid m p c brings his own blend to track creation, and modernize uses the kid’s skills to great effect. There are speed sections, technical obstacles, and a unified theme. Kid m p c brought his A-game, for sure. Play the track now on Xbox One or watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0jFbWrPQ6Y&index=1&list=PLY0i08rJ6hGidqD9OdDT-eiC3bcJnbcBw).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0jFbWrPQ6Y

The Mainframe by Blackbird56695
Blackbird56695 seems more than comfortable with his spot in the finals, and The Mainframe is a classic example of a super solid track. Great theme, great line, animations… it’s all represented here. Also, there is a PONG reference. Play the track now on Xbox 360 or watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwZJCFgE-zQ&index=2&list=PLY0i08rJ6hGidqD9OdDT-eiC3bcJnbcBw).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwZJCFgE-zQ

TTJ2C-Pumped by Monstified
Monstified knows how to use the terrain and background to his advantage and Pumped is a perfect example of this. The track has an awesome driving line and an impressively cohesive theme with good lighting. Play the track now on Xbox One or watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-1O5g1oVyg&index=3&list=PLY0i08rJ6hGidqD9OdDT-eiC3bcJnbcBw).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-1O5g1oVyg

Urban Warfare [K8] by KALzzone8
KALzzone8 takes you into an urban warzone complete with destroyed buildings, planes on bombing runs and fierce fire fights. As we’ve come to expect from KALzzone the attention to detail is on display throughout the track and it’s got a fun line to boot. Play the track now on PS4 or watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yuZkXMFbjA&index=4&list=PLY0i08rJ6hGidqD9OdDT-eiC3bcJnbcBw).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yuZkXMFbjA

TTJ2C Lets find Carmine by Smeghead89
Drawing inspiration from a well-known game franchise Smeghead has crafted a post-apocalyptic battlefield that does the end of days proud. What would you do if man was locked in a life or death conflict with the future of humanity on the lline? In this track the answer is ride your bike as fast as possible! Play the track now on Xbox 360 or watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sabN7XmeI&index=5&list=PLY0i08rJ6hGidqD9OdDT-eiC3bcJnbcBwhttp://).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sabN7XmeI

There you have it. Five stunning tracks from five builders at the top of their game. For once I am glad that this decision isn’t up to us, but that means it is your responsibility. Do these builders the favor of running their tracks before you vote. I don’t envy you this, these tracks are ALL super solid.

Good luck, finalists.

-Shifty & Shogun

Jongie
09-17-2014, 03:49 PM
For me the linked videos are set as private

RoguishRonin
09-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Thanks for letting us know. We fixed it.

DEADEXIST
09-17-2014, 04:23 PM
I dont think its fair to vote on tracks we havent played.

Why not cross platform them first?

Dl is a big factor & i cant judge a Dl through video.

All the tracks probably look great but thats all we can judge on.

Extend please....

Smilies2013
09-17-2014, 04:35 PM
I dont think its fair to vote on tracks we havent played.

Why not cross platform them first?

agree. unless we judge on looks?

Rudemod 69
09-17-2014, 05:16 PM
5 mighty fine looking builds there. Not going to vote as I don't have the DLC, and it would be unfair to the entrants without playing them first. I'd only be able to play 2 of them if I had the DLC anyway, lol.

Smeg, Kid, Monstified, impressive looking work.You guys have built a solid reputation amongst the community, and it's easy to see why.

Blackbird, so good to see you competing in the finals. Chuffed for you and well deserved.

Kalzzone, really impressive looking track, with what looks a good tech track to traverse. Not familiar with your work, are you a new builder or where you building on Evo? Either way, love the look of your PS4 builds.

Best of luck to everyone.:)

PleikkaDude
09-17-2014, 06:16 PM
I don't understand, what's the point in voting if we can't play all of the tracks first :confused:

But if i have to pick, then Kalzzone gets my vote. Really nice track with lots of good looking detail and fun driving line. And i just assume he's the only one who has also an extreme-version of his track hidden in there.

Jeruhnq
09-17-2014, 06:27 PM
When the votes are close ? & are we the only ones who can vote ?
If i remember, TTJC (1) was on the ubisoft portal and not on the forum.

Rishaanvb
09-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Really cool looking tracks, I've played the 360 ones and they were pretty awesome. Couple questions though..

Are we able to get to play all the tracks, will they get ported before the voting ends? And when does it end btw?
And is this poll the only factor in which the tracks will be scored?

edit: I know that we're not voting who will be the next president or gets a vacation to the moon, but I really do think seeing the amount of votes could be of influence to the decision someone makes.

KALzzone8
09-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Kalzzone, really impressive looking track, with what looks a good tech track to traverse. Not familiar with your work, are you a new builder or where you building on Evo? Either way, love the look of your PS4 builds.)

Hey rudemod,

I built many tracks tracks in Evolution with Gamertag: lassekukkonen. Not many good tracks in there, few decent I guess ;)

---

While every track looks superb, I think my favorite is track by kid mpc. Really nice looking track with a nice feel of depth! Good luck guys! :)

Rudemod 69
09-17-2014, 09:08 PM
I built many tracks tracks in Evolution with Gamertag: lassekukkonen. Not many good tracks in there, few decent I guess ;)Now that tag I do remember. :) I'll have to try a few Evo builds, mate. Whatever the standard, you certainly look to have found your groove. Played 'Isis' on 360, it seemed to run a little slow but I could see it was very well made with plenty of detail and a nice DL.I would imagine it runs perfectly on next-gen systems.

Blackbird569
09-17-2014, 09:12 PM
I have only been able to play Smeghead's awesome track. really reminded me of GoW. I think those cog soldiers are going to die at the end, arnt they supposed to shoot the belly?..
KALzzone, Monstified, kid, all of your tracks look awesome aswell..

I cant decide between the 4 tracks. My 144p connection speed doesn't help show off your tracks either.. So I think I'm going to wave my voting rights. that includes voting for myself as it wouldn't be very sporting lol.

Good luck guys, may the best track win!

Blackbird, so good to see you competing in the finals. Chuffed for you and well deserved.

Thank you Rude, much appreciated.. Hope you get to play all of the tracks soon...

Thanks everyone & Thanks for the competition RL, It has been great fun..

pArA8D
09-18-2014, 01:25 AM
Nice looking tracks everyone. Looking forward to having a crack at them once they're cross platformed :p

NovaDarkStorm
09-18-2014, 08:32 AM
I don't think a voting system from the community is a good idea since it can be flawed with people spamming votes on their own track, you can carry on making profiles and previous ones too on the site and it would be unfair, not only that if you have enough friends to get you by to vote too online would be really bad. Major flaw right there.

I suggest making all the tracks cross platform, picking a team of 5 players to test all the tracks together and give their opinion in full detail what they see, sent straight to you Shifty, a fair trial. Picking 5 people out who wants to commit to helping and would provide an honest feedback system for this. (If you want the community to be involved it would be a lot better and a points system can be added as regards lighting, screen tear, checkpoint placement, other additions to the track like challenges or easter eggs, detail on the track, riding line, etc)

So much to take in account for but it's unfair if we don't have every console just to vote on detail and line of what we can see. We have to feel the track, get that atmospheric look.

TeriXeri
09-18-2014, 09:42 AM
I find it hard/impossible to fairly judge a track by a video alone which to me is very biased to the "looks" of a track and not the "feel" of the driveline/technicality/obstacles.

I hope they will be crossplatformed soon, at least before the poll closes.

Smeghead89
09-18-2014, 10:11 AM
I don't think a voting system from the community is a good idea since it can be flawed with people spamming votes on their own track, you can carry on making profiles and previous ones too on the site and it would be unfair, not only that if you have enough friends to get you by to vote too online would be really bad. Major flaw right there.

I suggest making all the tracks cross platform, picking a team of 5 players to test all the tracks together and give their opinion in full detail what they see, sent straight to you Shifty, a fair trial. Picking 5 people out who wants to commit to helping and would provide an honest feedback system for this. (If you want the community to be involved it would be a lot better and a points system can be added as regards lighting, screen tear, checkpoint placement, other additions to the track like challenges or easter eggs, detail on the track, riding line, etc)

So much to take in account for but it's unfair if we don't have every console just to vote on detail and line of what we can see. We have to feel the track, get that atmospheric look.

i completely agree and tbh have had bad feelings about the judging from the start, non biased judges is what you need, all tracks to be playable by all judges too and also its rly not fun to be able to see the poll for us builders who only get 1 vote (can the poll totals be removed?), i dont think the builders should be allowd to vote either unless not voting their own track, can redlyx not do the judging?

IImayneII
09-18-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't get it, why is there a poll for the tracks when they aren't even crossplatform yet? Why would you encourage voting when people can't even play all the tracks yet? I can't believe for a "finals" people can vote without ever riding a track....That's horrible organisation if you ask me.

I can only agree with this. Online votes are the worst as it just can be abused too easy. It would have been better, as NovaDarkStorm says to pick a few judges from each platform. And the fact this many people already voted when they aren't even able to play all tracks shows how screwed this system is.

funktastic-
09-18-2014, 12:09 PM
This is like going to a cake contest and not sampling the entries but judging on looks alone, Proofs in the pudding as they say lol. From what i have seen so far this is the way of trials fusion. Doesnt really matter what quality your tracks are but rather how many friends you have on your friends list. I would like to vote but wont because i have only had chance to play urban warfare which in my opinion is surely open to a rigged competition. I feel for the people who have made these tracks. Its stupid to have a competition where the judges dont even taste the pudding.

Good look to all that entered and they all look amazing i feel for ya with this system , maybe somehow only let people who make tracks vote. reward for all those hours spent so people can have something decent to play in track central haha.

RoguishRonin
09-18-2014, 02:14 PM
We realize that the optimal way to judge tracks is to actually put a controller in your hands and play them. Unfortunately, in this case, we are not able to make the tracks available cross-platform quickly enough to have them available during the voting period. Further, getting a featured spot on Track Central is one of the prizes for the winner. Having all tracks available before the contest is over negates that prize.

The previous Track Jam utilized what amounts to the same system, only in that case nobody could play the tracks at all except for those who were physically at PAX East. While it is more difficult to judge tracks based on video, it is not impossible.*You*may not be able to*actually feel it for*yourself but we are still confident that all of you are skilled enough Trials players to identify good or problem areas based on a replay.

We will not be forming a Track Jam committee to be responsible for voting. Each person has a vote and who they vote for is up to them. We used what amounts to the exact same voting "formula" for the first Track Jam. Voting required voters to be signed into a Uplay account, where they could see videos of the tracks before casting their votes. The original Track Jam turned out great from my point of view.

We have tools available for viewing more information on votes than what is available in this topic. If we notice that people are trying to game the system, and we will check, then we can act accordingly. Rest assured, we aren't going to let a few people completely decide the outcome of the Track Jam

Vidar45
09-18-2014, 02:59 PM
When does the voting close Shifty?

RoguishRonin
09-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Voting closes at 4pm EST on September 22nd.

Smeghead89
09-19-2014, 09:02 AM
please hide the poll totals, i rly dont wish to see how badly my track has been recieved, heartbreaking

NicholasBBB
09-19-2014, 09:05 AM
I voted for Blackbird... because he/she was one of the 2 tracks I could play. I also thought Smeg's track was well done and I enjoyed it. I think the trickier line was what made me go with Blackbird. I zero faulted Smegs first time and since they were both "hard" difficulty I went with the one that made me want to play it again.

I agree with everyone else. The online vote makes no sense. We can't play all the tracks and the voting could be heavily slanted to the platform that has the most riders. So, we're supposed to judge tracks we've actually rode against how well the tracks on other platforms "look"?

You could have easily made the online voting period end after releasing them to all platforms. What was the rush?

You guys got things to do? Multiplayer confirmed???????? lol Nope.

NicholasBBB
09-19-2014, 09:06 AM
please hide the poll totals, i rly dont wish to see how badly my track has been recieved, heartbreaking

I enjoyed it Smeg! I'm sure you'll find out many others did as well. ;)

Blackbird569
09-19-2014, 10:43 AM
I also really enjoyed your track smeg.. I think I sent you msg over xbox when I first played it and posted some of my thoughts in this thread (on p2 i think). It was an awesome track, try not to let the poll get you down.. I'm sure its not being badly received, just up against some other great tracks.. We both are in the lower positions but it doesn't mean people cant enjoy our tracks.

Im just happy that I made it to the finals lol

TheSlimReeper
09-19-2014, 05:18 PM
I personally think The Mainframe and Modernize are the best. Keep up the good work Blackbird and Kid.

NovaDarkStorm
09-20-2014, 04:39 PM
I personally can't vote for a track since there is no clarity behind this and can be rigged. So no vote for me guys, sorry.

Eaazzyyy
09-21-2014, 10:15 AM
As other have said, I'd like to play them before voting, I think it's harsh to vote from watching the videos. It turns in to who has a bigger following as opposed to being who was the better track. But it doesn't look like it will happen considering voting is up tomorrow.

RoguishRonin
09-22-2014, 01:43 PM
I personally can't vote for a track since there is no clarity behind this and can be rigged. So no vote for me guys, sorry.

You can choose to vote or not, but like I said previously:

We have tools available for viewing more information on votes than what is available in this topic. If we notice that people are trying to game the system, and we will check, then we can act accordingly. Rest assured, we aren't going to let a few people completely decide the outcome of the Track Jam

Monstified
09-22-2014, 06:59 PM
If like to say congratulations Kid. It looks like you're gonna take the Win on this one. Good Job. Your track is sweet. And good job to everyone else in the competition, all the tracks are sick

RoguishRonin
09-22-2014, 09:00 PM
The voting period has now ended. Thank you all for taking part.

Please do not assume that the results shown in the poll are official. I will still be doing some checks on them.