PDA

View Full Version : ACU awful robe physics

deskp
09-16-2014, 09:31 PM
The physics of the robe or lack of it, is really bad in ACU.Its really stiff and does not move with proper movement. It looks like they have focused alot on the smaller movements, but completely lacking the larger one.
-
The movement of the robes looks so much better in AC3-4.
-
At e3 they obviously showed off some very fancy robe physics. but in all these later gameplay trailers and demo walkthroughs its worse than it was in previous gen.
-
Whats going on? E3 prapbly was PC, but the robe physics seems worse than they EVER were. looks like it's make out of paper or something...Any chanse this will be improved ahead of release?

m4r-k7
09-16-2014, 09:33 PM
I haven't noticed it to be honest. Looks normal to me.

deskp
09-16-2014, 09:36 PM
I haven't noticed it to be honest. Looks normal to me.

Look when ehs jumping across large gaps and stuff, the robe is jsut hanging down stiff. It interact when Arno's legs are touching it, but movement and momentum seems to have 0 affect on it. like a plank stuck to his back.

it looks to have a select few pre canned 'animations'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ejHSEQOZI

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Bad robe physics 2/10 will not play

but srsly I read the title as "ACU awful robot physics"

and tbh the robe physics impressed me (as an aspiring 3d animator). But i haven't been paying attention to it for a while so maybe it has gotten worse and I simply hadn't noticed.

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 09:39 PM
They look great to me. Way better than AC4's cloak one where it was basically one moving sheet. It looks like each individual crease in the robe past the leg reacts differently

Kakuzu745
09-16-2014, 10:12 PM
They look great to me...I think it is just you. Even worst case scenario they are far from awful...

Fatal-Feit
09-16-2014, 10:14 PM
The brown Assassin's robe looks like it's using MP's physics. And so does Arno's original robe at certain scenes.

*watches again*

Yep... Say hello to Altair's legacy robe 2.0.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-16-2014, 10:16 PM
I noticed it too since the Paris horizon trailer the robe physics is completely different from E3.. Actually the whole lighting seems different
look at this.. It's completely baked
http://i60.tinypic.com/14werzk.png
Now compare 2 Pictures one from now and one from E3
The new Physics:
http://i61.tinypic.com/1z52qvp.png
The E3 one:
http://i60.tinypic.com/14lef4.png
Now tell me there's no difference
It's also very obvious in the new CO-OP trailer.

m4r-k7
09-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Thats not the physics, thats the costume. They changed it a bit.

Sushiglutton
09-16-2014, 10:20 PM
You guys may gave a point. I'm not that percepotive about this kind of stuff. Like Donnie shows in his post, the fabric did seem "lighter"/more fluent at E3 I suppose. Not a biggie for me though.

m4r-k7
09-16-2014, 10:23 PM
I am really not scared about the graphics. I was playing AC 4 on the PS4 today and the graphics are truly incredible. I am stunned when I am playing it. If AC Unity is better than AC 4 (which it kind of has to be), it will truly be incredible. Its hard to tell what Unity will look like in person by just watching videos.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Don why are you presenting robe physics with still images?

Good sir, at least use gifs.

Fatal-Feit
09-16-2014, 10:25 PM
The more I rewind the trailer, the more I notice it in the combat as well. Holy hell, it's so bad.

I'm not one to jump on the ''downgrade'' train, but damn... Arno's robe DOES look baked during combat. It's floating in the air.

--------

I'll try to post some GIFs in a moment.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Thats not the physics, thats the costume. They changed it a bit.

You can't be serious, the outfit looks the same to me in the pictures I showed.The point is why did they change it ? ( I think we all know the answer) the E3 one is miles better.
EDIT:
I can't actually post gifs at the moment but if you watch both videos you'll get me.

Fatal-Feit
09-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Okay, GIFs are a pain.

Just pay attention after 1:12. Especially at Arno's robe in 1:30 - 1:35

Then go watch the E3 trailer. The physics are completely different.

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 11:03 PM
They still look fine though, meh, oh well, I like it and at the end of the day thats all the matters.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 11:07 PM
I refuse to look it up.

I didn't notice before so i'm not going to give it attention now and leave myself more disappointed with Unity.

m4r-k7
09-16-2014, 11:09 PM
I can't even see it. I can see that the E3 one looked cool but I can't see the problem. I must be blind but at the end of the game there is no point fishing out all the negatives in every trailer. Im still hyped for the game loads! I just want a free roaming commentated type video!

guardian_titan
09-16-2014, 11:20 PM
It's probably better at this point to view any E3 footage (even supposedly in game footage) as nothing but a fancy trailer because the closer to release a game gets, the lower the graphics go. How many games over the years that have been showcased at E3 and looked fantastic only to come out and look very different? Easier to ignore E3 footage and just focus on footage released within a month or two of the release. Then it's harder to be disappointed when you see something really really cool at E3 that got the chopping block. Only reason to pay attention to anything at E3 might be for the odd story line preview, but even those are often made just for E3 and rarely make it into the game.

I'm waiting for someone to file a lawsuit over game companies intentionally misleading fans with incredible games at E3 only to deliver something considerably uglier by release. People sue for the stupidest stuff these days. Question isn't if it's coming, it's when.

ACfan443
09-16-2014, 11:21 PM
He's absolutely right, there is a difference. I too noticed it when the Horizon trailer came out but didn't think much of it since everything else looked impressive and more than made up for the slightly stiffer robes. Regardless of the fabric and length, the shape and form of the ends of his robes when hanging in the newer footage is somewhat unnatural and noticeably rigid compared to the E3 demos. It looks better in motion, but the physics displayed at E3 were considerably better.

Don't really care too much though, game's still a visual feast.

deskp
09-17-2014, 12:16 AM
As for the robes. there are indeed 2 VERY SIMILAR robes. Theres the cover art classic Arno - Long robe and theres the notre dame demo one - Short robe http://i61.tinypic.com/13z7ou1.png

hood3dassassin5
09-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Eh, That's what the extra two weeks are for.