PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going into hiding soon?

EmbodyingSeven5
09-16-2014, 08:48 PM
lol just wondering if any one like me would be off the fourms for awhile. im big on avoiding spoilers so when AC R and AC U come out I will be going into hiding. even though you guys are a great community I know eventually ill run into a thread that spoils something. also since I have no next gen console I wont be playing unity for awhile. so what do you plan on doing:p

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 09:08 PM
I keep telling myself I will.

But I won't.

Sucks when you love something so much you wanna keep hearing more but at the same time don't want to ruin an experience.

Shahkulu101
09-16-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm going dark a week before release.

At least I'll try.

Kakuzu745
09-16-2014, 09:13 PM
I am God.

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 09:18 PM
I never go dark but It seems like im already starting to fizzling out from these forums.

Ureh
09-16-2014, 09:19 PM
I'll try to stay this time.

m4r-k7
09-16-2014, 09:42 PM
I don't mind too much about spoilers unless they are incredibly major...like the end of the game or a spoiler about every sequence in the game.

Megas_Doux
09-16-2014, 09:50 PM
No problem!

AC III was the exception because of its modern modern part but considering that aspect is just non existant storywise these days. I dont mind about spoilers.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 09:54 PM
I don't mind too much about spoilers unless they are incredibly major...like the end of the game or a spoiler about every sequence in the game.

Plot twist:

Haytham never actually died. Shay gave Haytham a piece of eden that lets him fake his death. Haytham is actually a sage and a member of Abstergo in modern day. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Fatal-Feit
09-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Plot twist:

Haytham never actually died. Shay gave Haytham a piece of eden that lets him fake his death. Haytham is actually a sage and a member of Abstergo in modern day. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I, uh... I kind of wish for that.

Feel free to shoot me, anyone.

Sushiglutton
09-16-2014, 10:12 PM
No, I will follow AC:U all the way. It's fun to discuss games and AC has a steady stream of new material. I have gone dark on FarCry 4 and Shadow of Mordor though.

HiddenKiller612
09-16-2014, 10:16 PM
I needs the internet, I loves the internet. There's no where to hide... there will always be asshats ready and waiting to spoil something for you.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 10:34 PM
I needs the internet, I loves the internet. There's no where to hide... there will always be asshats ready and waiting to spoil something for you.

This is the best way of putting it.

RinoTheBouncer
09-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Well I’ve pre-ordered the game both from PSN and as a collector’s case. So I’ll probably go into hiding on or 1-2 days before release day since many get their pre-orders early. But I’ll hopefully finish it in 3 days or so, as usual, maybe this time a week since we have Rogue as well, and then I’ll come back. But I won’t be disappearing now. We have 55 days left, give or take.

GoldenBoy9999
09-16-2014, 11:13 PM
This is my #1 issue right now. I want to hear what other people think. I usually finish the game around December/ January, but now that I've discovered these forums I want to stay here with you guys. I've had AC4 spoiled a lot and I still haven't finished it. Some people are saying they will beat it in a few days. How can you manage this? You wait all year for the new game and then it's over. Do you play side content on a second playthrough? Which matters more to me, the game I care about, or discussing that game?

I was thinking about doing one run through without getting a lot of side items and collectibles and finishing around December. This would solve my problem of me not being able to keep up with stoary. It would also allow me to come back to the forums around the start of the new year.

There's one problem with this. Rogue. I have the money to get it on release, but I'd rather play the current gen version. If I came back to the forums after Unity I'd still be spoiled on Rogue. Any help here?

I still don't see how people can beat the game in days, it takes me months.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 11:18 PM
When I play a game, I go through the story only first playthrough. With that in mind, it usually takes me (if invested enough) 2-3 days on average to beat it.

It doesnt ruin the experience because the first playthrough is almost always a blur. (IMO, it's done to get spoilers out of the way and to catch up with the times) the second playthrough is when
you're mentally prepared on what to expect-gameplay wise and can focus on investing in the narrative.

That's not to say people can't be invested in their first playthrough of course. I'm just speaking from my experience.

I suggest buy Rogue now.

By the time a new version comes out, you should have manies to get it.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Meh...probably.

But I come here regularly so... :rolleyes:

EmbodyingSeven5
09-16-2014, 11:37 PM
I still don't see how people can beat the game in days, it takes me months.

easy you just need lots and lots of free time. :nonchalance:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6749913600/hE3F9E44C/

SixKeys
09-16-2014, 11:47 PM
I'll probably hang around on the forums, just tread carefully.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-16-2014, 11:48 PM
I might not go into hiding. I still want to stay in touch with the forums :)

Any threads that might have spoilers should have the obvious word "SPOILERS" in the thread for safety ;)

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Lol Sixkeys you know there's gonna be those peeps who create a thread titled "oh my god I can't believe ____ died" or "wow that Connor cameo was amazing!" :rolleyes:

EmbodyingSeven5
09-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Lol Sixkeys you know there's gonna be those peeps who create a thread titled "oh my god I can't believe ____ died" or "wow that Connor cameo was amazing!" :rolleyes:

has ubi said anything about that lol

Locopells
09-17-2014, 12:38 AM
And I gotta be here to fix that, so I can't hide this year...

Namikaze_17
09-17-2014, 01:08 AM
Can't wait to see this place After Unity & Rogue...

The debates are gonna be Epic but dangerous

Filled with Laughter but Tension. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
09-17-2014, 01:56 AM

Yeah, I had people like that spoil Lucy's death for me after ACB's release. :( It was even more annoying because back then PC players had to wait 6 months longer than console peasants to get the game, so avoiding spoilers was pretty much impossible.

LoyalACFan
09-17-2014, 02:04 AM
I'll probably go dark by default around the start of November because midterms.

JustPlainQuirky
09-17-2014, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I had people like that spoil Lucy's death for me after ACB's release. :( It was even more annoying because back then PC players had to wait 6 months longer than console peasants to get the game, so avoiding spoilers was pretty much impossible.

Yeah that's why I'm getting ps4 version of Unity for now then PC version later.

Total waste of money I know but hey whatever.

Xstantin
09-17-2014, 06:51 AM
The forums take forever to load for some reason. I'm pretty much hiding already :nonchalance:

Namikaze_17
09-17-2014, 07:10 AM
I smell another Maintenance coming up... :rolleyes:

See you guys in October.

jeordievera
09-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Cool there are two Gods on this forum. Hi Gods! :)

I am not going to hide but I will just stay out of the threads that will be about further game stuff than where I'll be at that moment. Can't wait to discuss it with everyone once I am done :D

GunnerGalactico
09-17-2014, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't stay out of the forums entirely, I'll just be scarce for a while and be extra careful if people start threads on Unity or Rogue.

LoyalACFan
09-17-2014, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't stay out of the forums entirely, I'll just be scarce for a while and be extra careful if people start threads on Unity or Rogue.

That's not going to help you when the inevitable "OMG Elise/Shay/Arno/whoever dies!!!11!1!" threads start cropping up

Hans684
09-17-2014, 05:15 PM
No, spoilers hide from me.

rrebe
09-17-2014, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't say hiding, but actively avoiding all the Assassin's Creed related stuff and carefully reading through game news articles etc. Forums are often full of hungry trolls around release dates so no forums for me a bit before release date and very careful visiting after. The time I usually take finishing games it may be a long-ish while before I can fully enjoy the forums again :/

Ureh
09-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Well, this time we have Locopells to help hold down the fort. So I think it'll be different this time.

Shahkulu101
09-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Well, this time we have Locopells to help hold down the fort. So I think it'll be different this time.

Poor Loco getting spoiled on the job... :(

Kakuzu745
09-17-2014, 05:41 PM
I will probably leave the forums as soon as the game is released to avoid major spoilers. I hope everyone is careful with revealing spoilers though :P