PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer

Locopells
09-16-2014, 05:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ellNQ1QcvnI&list=UU_fwlBSrMIfdb4Br2O_Fzlw

Experience a look at Assassin's Creed Unity Co-Op in this gameplay trailer. In Assassinís Creed Unity you can play as a melee expert, agile infiltrator, or a silent master of stealth and join forces with up to three friends to take on a variety of co-op missions. Whether youíre tackling heists or assassinations, youíll need planning, teamwork, and a combination of your whole teamís complementary

Watch the video above or follow the link to Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P1zKpdaVaI

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 05:14 PM
I am really liking the look of the leather on the outfits, looks really realistic.

KG_NOx
09-16-2014, 05:18 PM
I am really liking the look of the leather on the outfits, looks really realistic.

I liked most of the animation kills :) pretty badass

TheArcaneEagle
09-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Did they change Arno's outfit again? Is that a damn holster on his back?

- waits for answer whilst cocking a pistol -

EDIT: that is a holster...

Looks like for a spear.

Heres an image.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/TheArcaneEagle/holster_zps6dbe9cb2.png

LoyalACFan
09-16-2014, 05:40 PM
I mean, I love that we're getting holsters/sheathes this time, but... if we're stuck with an empty holster on our backs all the time even when not carrying a spear/axe/rifle, that's kinda going to suck.

Hans684
09-16-2014, 05:41 PM
So are Ubisoft going go release their music collection one day?

Loved the trailer.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Great new trailer!! All the outfits look fantastic!! I can't wait to fight with my spear!!

TheArcaneEagle
09-16-2014, 05:44 PM
I mean, I love that we're getting holsters/sheathes this time, but... if we're stuck with an empty holster on our backs all the time even when not carrying a spear/axe/rifle, that's kinda going to suck.

Absolutely, it looked weird without a weapon in it.

marvelfannumber
09-16-2014, 06:04 PM
I guess the gamescom demo wasn't "downgraded" after all like I had suspected. It appears this trailer aswell as the E3 demos are running on a PC where as the Gamescom demo is running on a console.

Anyways, overall the trailer was ok, the editing and clips were good but the song choice was a bit odd for me and the narraration could be a bit better.

On another note, are the landmarks built at a 1:1 scale or not Ubisoft, you're confusing me!

http://i.imgur.com/69OtJl1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BHUNUTa.jpg

m4r-k7
09-16-2014, 06:06 PM
ooooooooooooooooo did anyone see Arno's (normally red) bow tie/cloth thing (don't know its name) around his neck was blue this time? Awesome customization. apart from the green guys shirt looked really strange. There was tons of combat in that vid which makes a change. oh and the darker green guys outfits hood looked really strange with a hanging part at the top. I really like how the combat moves (especially with the sword and spear) are more realistic and are less crazy looking like in the past games.

GR_Magaki
09-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Did they change Arno's outfit again? Is that a damn holster on his back?

- waits for answer whilst cocking a pistol -

EDIT: that is a holster...

Looks like for a spear.

Heres an image.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/TheArcaneEagle/holster_zps6dbe9cb2.png

I noticed that in some clips arno has a longer coat and some other clips in the trailer he has a shorter coat.
So it seems that you can either customize your coat or the clips have been taken from different game builds.

Reptilis91
09-16-2014, 06:43 PM
That starry sky at the end.

But one thing that bothers me: there's always fog, render distance is not good at all. It's really frustrating.

Kakuzu745
09-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Pretty badass trailer...liked it a lot.

Fatal-Feit
09-16-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm worried about the back holster. It seems like it'll be an irremovable upgrade...

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Looks great!

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm confused.

Why is Arno speaking like he knows the other "Arnos" are there?

Cause obviously there never are in his timeline.

marvelfannumber
09-16-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm confused.

Why is Arno speaking like he knows the other "Arnos" are there?

Cause obviously there never are in his timeline.

Aren't they canonically his (fellow?) assassin recruits whom he does brotherhood missions with (like the brotherhood did off-screen in the Ezio games)? They didn't change their faces just cause.....

HiddenKiller612
09-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Aren't they canonically his (fellow?) assassin recruits whom he does brotherhood missions with (like the brotherhood did off-screen in the Ezio games)? They didn't change their faces just cause.....
Yep, essentially they are just the nameless recruits that aid you in missions

GunnerGalactico
09-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Great trailer! I'm really liking the spear, I think the "agile Arno" uses it :cool:

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 07:57 PM

That would make sense if we actually recruit them, but then wouldn't they have names and talk?

SixKeys
09-16-2014, 08:03 PM
That would make sense if we actually recruit them, but then wouldn't they have names and talk?

Maybe Arno just gets randomly assigned a partner/partners by the assassins. Do you honestly know the names of all your coworkers?

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Maybe Arno just gets randomly assigned a partner/partners by the assassins. Do you honestly know the names of all your coworkers?

No but he said recruit. If you recruit you have to see them at some point which is what I'm getting at.

marvelfannumber
09-16-2014, 08:15 PM
No but he said recruit. If you recruit you have to see them at some point which is what I'm getting at.

I don't think Arno is the one recruiting them though. Atleast judging from the Horizon trailer Arno doesn't seem to be quite a master assassin atleast during the beginning of the game.

It would make more sense if it was the council who are sending their best recruits to help Arno on more important missions.

lothario-da-be
09-16-2014, 08:30 PM
The trailer loos cool, but am I the only one who thinks this looks less good earlier demos?

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 08:35 PM
The trailer loos cool, but am I the only one who thinks this looks less good earlier demos?

Of course it does, earlier demos will always look better because they want you to think it looks amazing.

I'm surprised, you've been here long enough to know not to trust anything you see until a few months down the line.

lothario-da-be
09-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Of course it does, earlier demos will always look better because they want you to think it looks amazing.

I'm surprised, you've been here long enough to know not to trust anything you see until a few months down the line.
I am used to see Ubi doing that indeed, but not with AC though. I feel like all the AC games had exactly the grapchics that were advertised. And after Watch Dogs I am realy suspicous about downgading. It was an amazing game though, but I could never enjoy that game as much as I should because I had to think about the reveal stuff every now and then.

Shahkulu101
09-16-2014, 08:47 PM
"Downgrading."

AHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT BLOODY WORDDDD!

Ureh
09-16-2014, 08:55 PM
The guard captain at 0:22 has a plume on his head but the captain in the e3 co-op demo didn't have one. Also the peons don't have two white straps on their chest like the guards in the e3 demo. Just aesthetic differences or...?

1:30 guard's face covered in magenta (?)

lothario-da-be
09-16-2014, 09:09 PM
"Downgrading."

AHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT BLOODY WORDDDD!
There is a reason why it became so popular.

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 09:10 PM
It's not downgrading, more false advertising.

Showing PC builds at Microsoft or Sony conferences, calling it "Xbox One" or "PS4" footage. Happens quiet often. Then only after a month or two you actually get console footage.

Shahkulu101
09-16-2014, 09:12 PM
There is a reason why it became so popular.

Yeah because people don't know what optimising a game is.

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Yeah because people don't know what optimising a game is.

No, its called false advertising!

I've been saying forever that the footage shown at the Microsoft E3 conference was PC footage. There was no way in hell that would be achievable on an Xbox One or PS4, not yet at least.

Shahkulu101
09-16-2014, 09:18 PM
No, its called false advertising!

I've been saying forever that the footage shown at the Microsoft E3 conference was PC footage. There was no way in hell that would be achievable on an Xbox One or PS4, not yet at least.

Well I was referring to W_D. Which apparently was the first game ever to have a demo better than it's final version...

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Well I was referring to W_D. Which apparently was the first game ever to have a demo better than it's final version...

People really need to read more into it. The devs straight out said Yves pushed them to show it in 2012 and that they werent ready.

Shahkulu101
09-16-2014, 09:24 PM
People really need to read more into it. The devs straight out said Yves pushed them to show it in 2012 and that they werent ready.

What does that have to do with the fact it was a vertical slice just like any other E3 trailer? It's an approximation of what they hope to achieve.

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 09:25 PM
What does that have to do with the fact it was a vertical slice just like any other E3 trailer? It's an approximation of what they hope to achieve.

Because it wasn't a trailer and was said that this is what next gen consoles were capable of... and what we got was nothing like it, that is why. When you come out with claims like that it is false advertising.

Shahkulu101
09-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Because it wasn't a trailer and was said that this is what next gen consoles were capable of... and what we got was nothing like it, that is why. When you come out with claims like that it is false advertising.

Honestly, it's not like there was a chasm of difference anyway. W_D looked great on release and only a gamers eye could spot the minor differences between that and the demo.

m4r-k7
09-16-2014, 09:35 PM
The weirdest part was when Arno said "we may be different, with different skills, but when the world is darkest, we fight for the same cause" as it sounded like he was talking about Assassins and Templars (uniting) but afterwards he says "for we are stronger, as a brotherhood", implying he is talking about the assassin brotherhood. So maybe it has two meanings. Really strange.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 09:36 PM
I like the music.

and some of the camera shots and clothes.

trailer really didn't do anything for me tho. Not any more or less excited than before.

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Honestly, it's not like there was a chasm of difference anyway. W_D looked great on release and only a gamers eye could spot the minor differences between that and the demo.

Thats not true at all. E3 2012 vs 2014 is a massive difference. I've never seen such a big difference in anything before. Even my Dad mentioned it and hes 52 and not a gamer.

HiddenKiller612
09-16-2014, 09:51 PM
Have you ever slowed down time while it was raining in Watch_Dogs? It's beyond awesome seeing all the rain droplets frozen around you.

Sushiglutton
09-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Looks fine, always cool with a new trailer :). Not sure there was much new info in it.

Fatal-Feit
09-16-2014, 10:10 PM
The weirdest part was when Arno said "we may be different, with different skills, but when the world is darkest, we fight for the same cause" as it sounded like he was talking about Assassins and Templars (uniting) but afterwards he says "for we are stronger, as a brotherhood", implying he is talking about the assassin brotherhood. So maybe it has two meanings. Really strange.

It's an insinuation to the whole ''customize and play your own Arno'' sort of thing. You can be stealthy or go guns blazing. It's what the trailer was showing. One of the Assassin went upfront and battled all of the guards at the gate while the other Assassin used the tunnel passage.

m4r-k7
09-16-2014, 10:20 PM
It's an insinuation to the whole ''customize and play your own Arno'' sort of thing. You can be stealthy or go guns blazing. It's what the trailer was showing. One of the Assassin went upfront and battled all of the guards at the gate while the other Assassin used the tunnel passage.

Right, it just sounded incredibly strange when he said "we fight for the same cause" as of course assassins fight for the same cause.

RinoTheBouncer
09-16-2014, 10:49 PM
I wonder if we’ll get another CGI trailer for AC:Unity and AC:Rogue. I love those so much. I wanna see something theatrical, something about the cutscenes, the story, the secrets, not just the same lame seen above Notre Dame.

m4r-k7
09-16-2014, 10:52 PM
I wonder when the next IGN making of video is coming out. Its been months since the last one!

Bashilir
09-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Really liked this trailer, actually. Glad to see some four player co-op action going on.

dimbismp
09-16-2014, 11:03 PM
I wonder when the next IGN making of video is coming out. Its been months since the last one!
Yeah,i wonder about that too!The last video was uploaded almost 2 months ago,while the gap between the first and the second video was only 6 weeks!
The other system(ac3-ac4) ,when all parts were uploaded within 3 weeks before release was far better,because you could get more hyped.The thing is they already have
the interview

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 11:08 PM

I think there will be 4 parts and due to the release date being pushed back its pushed IGN's release times back as well. They have 2 more right? So probably one in the next week or so, then one around last week of October, 3 weeks before release.

Legendz54
09-17-2014, 09:52 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed that trailer, Those kill animations with the spears looked awesome.

Farlander1991
09-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Liked the trailer :)

Some of the spear moves reminded me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games which I played a lot when I was smaller :D Donatello would use his bow stick to jump kick enemies just like the spearguy here does.

jeordievera
09-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Really cool trailer, kinda like 4 Arno's Paris fashion show!
Also the fighting animations look really badass!

Ureh
09-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I like how the axeman rests the axe on his shoulder. Great for screenshots and just lolling and strolling around Paris.

topeira1980
09-17-2014, 05:16 PM
the trailer looks awesome and im loving the song.

however there is too much relying on whether having other players will feel like you are overcoming a challenge together or just going through the motions together. if its the latter than it wont be fun for long. if you feel like you can just rush the guards and do the co-op missions by yourself than no one will even try to corporate or coordinate, it will be a mess, players will be parted each to his own thing and in the end it wont be satisfactory to be with others in paris....
but if it feels like without your friends you'd die than there is much at stake and you will cooperate more and have more cool moments of fighting together, helping each other or sneaking around as a team making stealth kills as a unified team.
and all of this depends on the combat in the game. if it's too easy like in every AC before than the game will feel too easy, co-op will be disjointed and the experience will be a let down. a wasted opportunity.
ONLY if the co-op missions will feel like you NEED your bodies to survive mistakes, overcome medium sized battles or even succeed in some stealth situations (like if you dont kill 2 guards at once than one will alert others) than it will be a feature worth mentioning.
to me an easy game very quickly feels mundane. like i can zone out, forget im playing and just plow through the experience mind numbed. i dont think a developer like UBI wants me to feel this way about their game. this isnt candy crush. im supposed to be excited and into the experience. without some challenge co-op will feel unneeded, IMO.

Layytez
09-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Trailer was ok but why must they taunt me every time I come on here with the release date still saying the 28th of Oct.

UbiJustin
09-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Trailer was ok but why must they taunt me every time I come on here with the release date still saying the 28th of Oct.

That should be updated very soon. :D

EmbodyingSeven5
09-17-2014, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P1zKpdaVaI

lol so happy I got make a thread for this first. often someone beats me to it

pacmanate
09-17-2014, 11:49 PM
They did... Yesterday. It was on the first page as well so don't know how you missed it - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/920386-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed-Unity-Co-Op-Gameplay-Trailer

EmbodyingSeven5
09-17-2014, 11:50 PM
well..................................crap

LoyalACFan
09-18-2014, 12:13 AM
There's a thumbnail of it at the top of the screen, lol.

JustPlainQuirky
09-18-2014, 01:46 AM
That should be updated very soon. :D

y ur avatar so huge

how do i even avatar

And it's not even a perfect square hnghhh

SlyTrooper
09-18-2014, 04:47 PM
y ur avatar so huge

how do i even avatar

And it's not even a perfect square hnghhh

Calm down & take your pills. :p