PDA

View Full Version : How do you attack guys on horseback?

JackHBush
09-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Playing PC. I took an assassination contract to eliminate three guards with my hidden weapon. Turns out they're on horseback. What's the best way to nail them? I keep running after them and trying to jump up and stab but no luck.

Ureh
09-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Are you referring to this Thief assignment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPkG5qlshEw

If yes, you have to be on horseback if you want to catch all of them before they reach the ambush point.

1. Make sure you're on horseback before you approach the Circo Massimo
2. Gallop up to the bandits (Ezio must be within range to his target)
3. Lock-on to one of the bandits
4. Press the assassinate button (Ezio will jump from his horse onto the bandit's horse then kill him)
5. Stay on your new horse and chase after the rest.
6. Repeat steps 2-4.

Hope this helps. If not, just let us know the name of the mission you're on and we might be able to provide better hints.

JackHBush
09-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the answer. That's not the assignment. I had to do "Serfs' Turf" (I think it was called) and your explanation worked perfectly. I had to nail 3 out of 6 guards on horseback and got all six quite easily using your system. Thanks very much.

Ureh
09-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Here are other ways of dealing with guards on horseback.

Fast methods:
1. Crossbow
2. a well-timed throwing knife
3. poison dart
4. run next to him and press the assassinate button to pull him down then kill him (not effective in open conflict)
5. pistol
6. call an assassin recruit
7. throw a spear

Slow methods:
1. run next to him and press the "empty hands" button to pull him down (I believe it's 'Shift' on pc), then press the assassinate button or enter a sword fight
2. mount a horse, draw your sword then knock him down from the horse. Finish him off while he's grounded
3. enter a fight with them (the circle around the mini-map will turn red), hold down the high profile button (RMB) then wait for them to charge you. Ezio should enter a defensive stance then knock them down when they approach (works with ALL weapons, except the hidden blades and dagger)
4. mount a horse, start a fight, then as a guard on horseback approaches hold down the the high profile button to enter a duel with him. After you see Ezio block a strike, press the attack button to knock the guard off his horse.
5. While on horseback, provoke a guard into chasing you, leap onto a beam then press the assassinate button. If timed correctly Ezio should jump onto the guard's horse and assassinate him.
6. While on the ground, use your weapon and attack their horse to knock down the guard (should take 2-3 strikes).

Locopells
09-17-2014, 12:03 AM
Watch out though, once they get wise to you, they can sometimes block air assassinations, leaving you splatted on the ground like a idiot...