PDA

View Full Version : Connor+Aveline+Eseosa+Shay's Kid Co-op Game?

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 03:44 AM
Would you be up for it?

This is going under the assumption Shay's kid would work with them ofc.

Anyway basically this would resolve a few things
-gives a proper ending to Connor
-gives a proper ending to Aveline
-provides Connor with possible love interest (presuming Shay's kid is a woman)
-prevents SJWs from complaining about lack of ethnic+gender diversity

Co-op is becoming increasingly popular anyway and by then Ubi will already have experience with developing co-op from Unity. They wouldn't toss away an opportunity of making more money from recycling mechanics. ( ͡░ ͜ʖ ͡░)

Do you think this idea is possible?

More importantly, do you like this idea? Why or why not?

cawatrooper
09-16-2014, 03:47 AM
I'd love it... Provided that it's next year's last-gen console game, and not the next main entry in the series.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 03:49 AM
no way would Ubi be able to make it a last gen game.

I don't think last gen could handle the co-op mechanic power-wise.

Plus the open level design required for co-op is more suitable for current gen.

But hey if it can, that's great.

but it's a missed opportunity to see Connor in glorious remastered high res HD goodness.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 03:52 AM
I'd be game for it. It could be my 1787-1815 game idea covering the Indian wars, Naval Conflict with France, and war of 1812 plus I guess the Haitian revolution.

But co-op as those characters nahhhh....there can be co-op in each respective area like Unity does with random assassins.

But I want the single player to be GTAV like. Where we switch between the different Protags in different regions(and doesn't have to be at will like GTA but can be mission based shifts).

Connor in the North/Central US around DC Baltimore area. Shays kid in Canada. Aveline in New Orleans, and Eseosa in Hati-then the US with Connor.

All the stories converging in the war of 1812 and Aveline dies of old age with Eseosa taking over the southern assassins. Connor in the north.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 03:54 AM
I'd be game for it. It could be my 1787-1815 game idea covering the Indian wars, Naval Conflict with France, and war of 1812 plus I guess the Haitian revolution.

But co-op as those characters nahhhh....there can be co-op in each respective area like Unity does with random assassins.

But I want the single player to be GTAV like. Where we switch between the different Protags in different regions(and doesn't have to be at will like GTA but can be mission based shifts).

Connor in the North/Central US around DC Baltimore area. Shays kid in Canada. Aveline in New Orleans, and Eseosa in Hati-then the US with Connor.

All the stories converging in the war of 1812 and Aveline dies of old age with Eseosa taking over the southern assassins. Connor in the north.

That's not a diddly darn bad idea.

And presumably Shay's kid hooks up with Connor, rite? ( ͡░ ͜ʖ ͡░)

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 03:56 AM
Hmm...why not?

Finally get that Sex Scene... :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 03:57 AM
Hmm...why not?

Finally get that Sex Scene... :rolleyes:

I hope it's horribly awkward.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 04:05 AM
That's not a diddly darn bad idea.

And presumably Shay's kid hooks up with Connor, rite? ( ͡░ ͜ʖ ͡░)

Yeah why not. That could work......and would explain how Abstergo got Shay's DNA. From Desmond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But there's a little bit of poetic beauty in Connor being with the daughter of one of his dad's former close associates.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 04:10 AM
Yeah why not. That could work......and would explain how Abstergo got Shay's DNA. From Desmond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But there's a little bit of poetic beauty in Connor being with the daughter of one of his dad's former close associates.

Yeah the poetic beauty is kinda why I want it.

And dat desmond plot twist! /legasp!

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 04:11 AM
Oh wait......Rice that can't happen.......

It's been confirmed there's no relation of Desmond and Shay.

Connor can't have a kid with shays daughter.

Guess he's stuck with Dobby(Deborah) Carter.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 04:12 AM

wait wait wait

what?

i thought that was only confirmed with Arno!

BMAAAAAAAAARK

YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART HERE!

RETCON IT UBI

RETRACT THAT STATEMENT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

#brbcrying

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 04:18 AM
I hope it's horribly awkward.

And insanely short. :rolleyes:

GoldenBoy9999
09-16-2014, 04:18 AM

I like the idea of the assassins in different areas as well. Maybe Aveline could move more Northward to the likes of Tennessee. Since there were less settlements here, this could be the ideal spot for my Frontier 2.0 to come into fruition. It could also be the last chance for a game in the South or in Tennessee. This game could resolve these points as well.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 04:20 AM

Ugh! Anyone but Dobby...I rather have Connor sleep with a Prostitute.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 04:21 AM
Ugh! Anyone but Dobby...I rather have Connor sleep with a Prostitute.

Amen brother.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 04:21 AM
I like the idea of the assassins in different areas as well. Maybe Aveline could move more Northward to the likes of Tennessee. Since there were less settlements here, this could be the ideal spot for my Frontier 2.0 to come into fruition. It could also be the last chance for a game in the South or in Tennessee. This game could resolve these points as well.

Ehhhhh nahhhhh keep her in Louisiana/Mississippi area. No need to give up all of the US in that game/epic DLC.

Some of that needs to be saved for a Civil War games that need to happen.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-16-2014, 04:23 AM
Haha, wow you made this thread pretty fast after it was suggested and agreed upon.

But yes, co-op game with those characters please... and make it a nice story, mmk Ubi? ^_^

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 04:24 AM
Actually a Prostitute story would'nt be half bad...

Cliche, but it could work if written right.

GoldenBoy9999
09-16-2014, 04:25 AM
Ehhhhh nahhhhh keep her in Louisiana/Mississippi area. No need to give up all of the US in that game/epic DLC.

Some of that needs to be saved for a Civil War games that need to happen.

Yes, I'd much rather have the other areas of the South be in a Civil War one instead but it would be breaking the statement Ubisoft made that Rogue is the last game in the American saga. This one would be too though.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 04:25 AM
http://hirportal.sikerado.hu/images/kep/201111/gyenfe_eu.jpg

Still down about the impossible Shay'sKid/Connor solution.

Darby said in 2013 Connor sequel was unlikely. So if a Connor game is in development, it can't be far in development.

There's still time to revise/retcon this.....

Pls Ubi

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 04:31 AM
Yes, I'd much rather have the other areas of the South be in a Civil War one instead but it would be breaking the statement Ubisoft made that Rogue is the last game in the American saga. This one would be too though.

It completes that "saga". "North American saga" is just what they are calling this since now Shay isn't a Kenway so you can't truly call it "Kenway Saga" anymore.
Just because they are closing tat story line doesn't say that they are officially done with North America forever.

They may come back to the US in several years with a new story line. I'm hoping for a Civil War-Mexican Rev-Wild West and/or Industrialization story line.

Then they can be done with the US forever after that and I wouldn't mind.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 04:31 AM
I'm sure he'll return...

They know the hell that would break if Connor doesn't get his due, but Arno gets one.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 04:33 AM
2015:

Unity 2 current gen game

Connor sequel last gen game

#drinkstears

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 04:37 AM
Mayrice, what makes you think Connor would be nice to the daughter of a man that nearly eradicated the Colonial Brotherhood? :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 04:40 AM
Mayrice, what makes you think Connor would be nice to the daughter of a man that nearly eradicated the Colonial Brotherhood? :rolleyes:

Same reason he's nice to Aveline whose stepmother is a craycray templar.

Same reason he's nice to pretty much anyone who isn't directly a jerk.

He's a generally nice guy.

As long as you don't take a map he wants.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 04:40 AM

Maybe she's hot? Lol

Like the exception to every one of Barney Stinson's bro codes...."unless she's hot". Hahahaha

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 04:45 AM
@Mayrice

I still don't buy it...

@Bmark

Connor wants some bobbies ;)

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 04:47 AM
If Connor can play a grand ol' game of ball toss with the man who brutally killed his mother then I think he'd be fine being around the daughter of his dad's templar mate.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 04:48 AM
@Mayrice

I still don't buy it...

@Bmark

Connor wants some bobbies ;)

Haha well if Shay really is Anne Bonny's son then there's some strong genes in favor of that hahahaha

Connors just another guy at the end of the day with the same weaknesses. Haha

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 04:56 AM
@Mayrice

Is that game canon? And It wasn't like Washington was there, he just ordered them to burn the village because he thought they were aligned with the British.

I guess you can say he did it indirectly or something...but nothing more. He was basically did what he thought was right for the people. Just like Connor's goals to do right for the people even if some must die for it.

@Bmark

If Shay is Anne's son, that's TOO MUCH of a connection between Connor, Eseosa, and Shay's Supposed Daughter.

Then Again, I think Connor is Shay's Kid so... :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 04:59 AM
@Mayrice

Is that game canon? And It wasn't like Washington was there, he just ordered them to burn the village because he thought they were alienated with the British.

I guess you can say he did it indirectly or something...but nothing more. He was basically did what he thought was right for the people. Just like Connor's goals to do right for the people even if some must die for it.

He is responsible for the deaths of many people. Why do you think nuclear bombings have so much controversy? Not saying I'm against it (nor am I trying to start a political debate), but there is arguably justified reason for Connor to be upset with Washington.

The man who gives the orders is equally responsible, if not more.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 05:06 AM
He is responsible for the deaths of many people. Why do you think nuclear bombings have so much controversy? Not saying I'm against it (nor am I trying to start a political debate), but there is arguably justified reason for Connor to be upset with Washington.

Is Connor Justifiably right for killing the Templars he killed? No. But in the end, their deaths created peace and a new Nation.

Same with Washington, it wasn't his Choice, he had to do such things so that the people he fought for could be Free. Now is it right? No. Was it necessary? Yes.

Same with Connor.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 05:10 AM
Is Connor Justifiably right for killing the Templars he killed? No

though I personally believe he was not in the right, it can be argued that he was right. i've seen some convincing arguments.

Same with Connor.

and things sure worked out for Connor, amiright?

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 05:11 AM

Yeah and he was pissed at him. At first. But as evidenced by TOKW(the real world parts) and the boccie ball game. It can be inferred that after a while and thinking about it that the two men at least developed a level of mutual respect and civility.

I mean countless civilians were killed in Allied bombing campaigns to win WW2 Dresden, Hamburg, Tokyo, etc. Does that make us worse than the Nazis???

Intent goals and reason have a lot to do with weighing these kinds of things.

I mean war is the process of taking other people's lives. Who the monsters are depends on whose side you want to look at.

I think Connor and Washington shared enough common goals and values that Connor eventually saw Washington as not being an evil man. Hell he turned away the Apple of Eden for gods sake. What other leader in AC did that???? Things happen in war. If we can't forgive then there would never be peace would there?
We'd still be fighting the civil war or WW2 just out of spite.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 05:15 AM
Does that make us worse than the Nazis???

It really just depends how you percieve things.

It can be inferred that after a while and thinking about it that the two men at least developed a level of mutual respect and civility.

It just upsets me he had such seething hate for Charles for allegedly killing his mom but once he finds out it was Washington suddenly things can be put aside for the sake of freedumz.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 05:19 AM
though I personally believe he was not in the right, it can be argued that he was right. i've seen some convincing arguments.

and things sure worked out for Connor, amiright?

No, Connor wasn't in the right...none of the Assaasins are. They kill people you know?

And sometimes Sacrifices must be made for others to live better. It should've been known from the start that Connor wasn't getting his way.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 05:21 AM
It really just depends how you percieve things.

It just upsets me he had such seething hate for Charles for allegedly killing his mom but once he finds out it was Washington suddenly things can be put aside for the sake of freedumz.

Yes that's the point!!!!!! By then Connor realizes there's more important things at stake than his little vendetta.
He's more mature. He's angry at Washington but comes around to him eventually after understanding why it happened and that he isn't an evil man even though he did something not so great.
He hates Charles Lee still because he's an ***, because he's a Templar, and what the Templars want is evil.
He pursues people at the end because they are evil and dangerous. Not because of his village anymore.

It's character development. Plot. To put things higher than ones self(something Ezio never really did until he was older)

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 05:22 AM
No, Connor wasn't in the right...none of the Assaasins are. They kill people you know?

And sometimes Sacrifices must be made for others to live better. It should've been known from the start that Connor wasn't getting his way.

You just contradicted yourself
-assassins arent right because they kill
-sacrifices (kills) must be made for the greater good

@bmark

well I find it pretty naive Connor automatically equates templars with evil.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 05:35 AM
You just contradicted yourself
-assassins arent right because they kill
-sacrifices (kills) must be made for the greater good

@bmark

well I find it pretty naive Connor automatically equates templars with evil.

The Assaasins have always been hypocritical...Altair even admits this in his Codex pages.

Sure, in MY eyes, they aren't right for Killing.

But when you're chasing a person who threats something you believe in/ protect, you just think that it's the right thing to do.
Regardless of how Justifiable it may or may not seem.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 05:37 AM
@mayrice

He doesn't automatically. He learns what they want to achieve from Achilles and Haytham. Sees the methods they use to achieve it from Johnson, Pitcairn, Lee(and his corruption of Connors tribe), Hickey.

Connor is not that n´eve anymore that late in the game. He equates the Templars with evil because he doesn't like what they are doing. Doesn't like what they want. And has dedicated his life to pursuing the cause of the assassins.

He learned why the Templars are evil first hand. And learned that innocents sometimes get hurt by both sides be they good or bad(collateral damage of war). A lesson every assassin eventually learned.
Alta´r: killed innocents for being in his way
Ezio: got several innocents killed in riots and accidentally killed Tarik Barletti
Ade: the innocent slaves on the ship were caught in the crossfire of the Assassin Templar War.
Edward: All his pirate friends die who aren't all assassins or Templars.

Good and evil isn't determined by who kills the least or who spares the most innocents. It's about the goal at the end of it all. Did they die for a purpose. Will the world be better off for it?

It's largely perspective.

LoyalACFan
09-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Haven't they already confirmed that Rogue is the end of the "North American saga?" I mean, it's totally possible that they'll renege on that statement, but in time for a 2015 release? Lol no. Unless you want it to be rushed one-year copy-paste crap like Rogue will be :rolleyes:

Anyway, if we're getting another co-op game, I'd much prefer Arno+Elise+Connor+Eseosa teaming up all across Eurasia (and maybe a little bit of Egypt) to subdue Napoleon's conquest. Shay and his family tree don't interest me in the slightest, and Aveline would be pushing 70 by the end of the Napoleonic Wars. Even Eseosa and Connor would be in their late 50s, which is already pushing it, but Aveline would just be way too old by that point. Maybe even dead, people usually didn't live all that long back then.

And if we do get such a game, I hope they wait until 2016 at least to release it. It would have to be a MASSIVE game to do all the characters justice, so I don't want it to immediately follow Unity and be just an ACB-style copy job.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 05:42 AM
Good and evil isn't determined by who kills the least or who spares the most innocents. It's about the goal at the end of it all. Did they die for a purpose. Will the world be better off for it?

That is a very "ends justifies the means" outlook on life which is what the templars exclusively believe in, not assassins.

And I personally still consider Connor naive but that's just me.

I also don't believe in the concept of good and evil but we're talking about pure fiction so....I guess that's not relevant.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 05:46 AM
@Loyal

Well how would you put an end to Connor without a Sequel? :)

@Mayrice

"There is no true path through life that right, fair, and does not harm."

Megas_Doux
09-16-2014, 05:48 AM
To the op:

No, I want new characters and eras: China, ancient Mesopotamia, Northern Africa, Roman empire, Medieval England, India and so on...

More boring settings????? Zzzzzzzzz.......

We already have 3 games like that, although the caribbean was way better than the 13 colonies. Thank Yog sothoth
Rogue is confirmed as the ending of the North American saga...

And to minato, my way to end Connor┤s arc would be to a DLC for Rogue or something like it, not a FULL game! As I said, new eras PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoyalACFan
09-16-2014, 05:50 AM
@Loyal

Well how would you put an end to Connor without a Sequel? :)

... I listed Connor. He'd be in the Napoleon game with Arno, Elise, and Eseosa (substitute Elise with somebody else if she doesn't make it out of Unity alive). The only one missing is Aveline, who would be too old at that point (68) plus she just wasn't interesting enough to warrant a return IMO.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 05:51 AM
That is a very "ends justifies the means" outlook on life which is what the templars exclusively believe in, not assassins.

And I personally still consider Connor naive but that's just me.

I also don't believe in the concept of good and evil but we're talking about pure fiction so....I guess that's not relevant.
No actually the assassins have that same philosophy. Only in how to protect people rather than influence them. It's in the methods where the differences lie. The assassins and Templars want the same thing.

The whole point of the assassins is to kill people they perceive as bad for the greater good of the whole. Literally KILLING people just because they don't agree with them.

If that isn't ends justify the means mentality I don't know what is.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 05:51 AM
@Mega

I agree...I personally want an Epic three-part DLC featuring the end of Connor.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 05:53 AM
To the op:

No, I want new characters and eras: China, ancient Mesopotamia, Northern Africa, Roman empire, Medieval England, India and so on...

More boring settings????? Zzzzzzzzz.......

We already have 3 games like that, although the caribbean was way better than the 13 colonies. Thank Yog sothoth
Rogue is confirmed as the ending of the North American saga...

And to minato, my way to end Connor┤s arc would be to a DLC for Rogue or something like it, not a FULL game! As I said, new eras PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I've already said I'd be perfectly cool with a long TOKW style DLC for rogue covering the events I mention in this thread to end Connor. It makes sense. It's really the only thing they can make a DLC campaign about.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 05:55 AM
No actually the assassins have that same philosophy.
That goes against what developers said.

The assassins and Templars want the same thing.

I am aware.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 05:56 AM
... I listed Connor. He'd be in the Napoleon game with Arno, Elise, and Eseosa (substitute Elise with somebody else if she doesn't make it out of Unity alive). The only one missing is Aveline, who would be too old at that point (68) plus she just wasn't interesting enough to warrant a return IMO.

Hmm...that'd be interesting. Does the Napoleonic Wars Affect America in some way?
( Nothing that involves Connor going to France or Arno/ Elise going to America)

Perhaps in a way they can benefit one another across the Seas.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 06:01 AM
That goes against what developers said.

I am aware.

Rice......if they don't both have an ends justify the means mentalities. Then please do tell what the difference is between Thomas Hickey killing George Washington to get Lee in charge and bring stability to the Colonies, and Connor Killing Hickey just because he doesn't agree with that????

Both of them are killing someone. Both of them have an agenda. Those agendas just don't match.

They each are pursuing a means to their respective ends.

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 06:03 AM
Rice......if they don't both have an ends justify the means mentalities. Then please do tell what the difference is between Thomas Hickey killing George Washington to get Lee in charge and bring stability to the Colonies, and Connor Killing Hickey just because he doesn't agree with that????

Both of them are killing someone. Both of them have an agenda. Those agendas just don't match.

They each are pursuing a means to their respective ends.

I'm just going by Ubi's word on this one.

I-Like-Pie45
09-16-2014, 06:06 AM
A notorious someone was inspired by the American treatment of Native Americans for his own twisted schemes

Who made America what it was?

Therefore, with no George in power, there is no America to inspire future dictators. Therefore, the world is saved.

The Templars had the right idea, killing GW

LoyalACFan
09-16-2014, 06:08 AM
Hmm...that'd be interesting. Does the Napoleonic Wars Affect America in some way?

Not directly, and not at immediately enough for Connor and Eseosa to go to Europe out of self-interest. I just figured Napoleon would be the new Big Bad who got his hands on an Apple of Eden and started essentially taking over the world, so Assassins from every corner of the globe united to fight him.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 06:12 AM
Not directly, and not at immediately enough for Connor and Eseosa to go to Europe out of self-interest. I just figured Napoleon would be the new Big Bad who got his hands on an Apple of Eden and started essentially taking over the world, so Assassins from every corner of the globe united to fight him.
Maybe Napoleon sends some unknown troops to take over America, and Connor's Crew puts a stop to it.

But that sounds far-fetched. And I didn't really mean directly in a sort, just if it impacted anything in America at the time.
^.^

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Maybe Napoleon sends some unknown troops to take over America, and Connor's Crew puts a stop to it.

But that sounds far-fetched. And I didn't really mean directly in a sort, just if it impacted anything in America at the time.
^.^
Ok here's the rundown.

The war of 1812 WAS Americas involvement in the Napoleonic Wars.

Since the Revolution in France Europe was constantly at war. During the 1790s and early 1800s France and Britain would constantly harass US ships. Either to impress men for service in their navies or to prevent the US from trading with either side.

The US fought several Naval skirmishes with the French during this time. As a Result the Napoleon backed off.

However the British were still frequently attacking US ships in the 1800s and 1810s. On top of that the British Were arming the Native Tribes the US was at war with and refusing to leave forts in the western US territories described by the treaty of Paris 1783.

So in 1812(the same year Napoleon marched into Russia) the US had enough and declared war on Britain. And proceeded to attempt to "liberate" Canada.

But Napoleon was repulsed and exiled later that year. Leaving the US the center of Britain's attention.

This is where AC fits in. I think Napoleon is likely not a Templar or Assassin but a power hungry mad man with a POE. However the Templars had lost any hold in the US after Connor killed them all by 1783. So the British Templars attempting to gain a foothold fund and arm Tecumseh's rebellion using the Natives as their new ally(since they have beef with the assassin backed US). But when Napoleon is exiled and with war declared. The British Templars see a chance to take back their colony and re establish control. So invade the US in force.

It's up to Connor and co to defend the US from the Templars that wish to recolonize her.

POW there's your Rogue DLC that is not only a Unity tie in with the naval clashes of the 1790s. But also ties in to a potential Unity sequel during the Napoleonic wars.

It makes wayyyyy more sense than Connor and Eseosa going to Europe. Instead the European conflicts spill over to them.

It also shows off how global the Napoleonic conflicts really were.

Combining all the wars of the coalitions with the war of 1812 and several skirmishes in Asia. In the grand scheme of things it becomes a sort of world war. Before world wars were a thing.

Namikaze_17
09-16-2014, 06:46 AM
@Bmark

That's Genius!!!

How don't we know we know you're not working for Ubi right now? ;)

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-16-2014, 07:06 AM
-prevents SJWs from complaining about lack of ethnic+gender diversity

Jesus -- people who make snarky comments about stuff like this are just as annoying as any "tumblr feminist" or "sjw"

I mean, between this comment and your signature... it's a bit ridiculous. And this is coming from someone who labels himself both a feminist and doesn't think "social justice warrior" is much of an insult. Ooooh, social justice. How terrible. That said, the whole gamergate thing IS really a clusterf***. The websites connected should have had a more open dialogue with fans instead of pulling some B.S. censorship. I *hate* censorship. They should have (maybe) fired the people associated with the sketchy stuff and been like "well, this is an unfortunate incident. Sorryblahblahapology"

THAT said... most of the people who were in such an OUTRAGE, as far as I am aware, were also itching to find SOMETHING out about Quinn (because she's an outspoken feminist or so I gather... I hadn't heard of her until the controversy) and the way the information was released was pretty awful too. A disgruntled ex started posting information about her. How nice. For all the people on the internet who complained about the Kinect "invading their privacy", they sure didn't bat an eye when HER privacy was invaded. Same thing with the whole recent "fappening" stuff. Look, I'll disagree with anyone who claims "using your eyes = the R word" because if I find a girl attractive, I'm going to check her out just as any girl would do the same for a guy she finds attractive, just as any gay guy would do for a guy he finds attractive, just as any gay girl would do for a girl she finds attractive. <-- looking only becomes an issue when you LEER like a creep methinks. No one wants that. Don't be a creep. But it IS pretty double standardy and hypocritical in many ways.

Whatever. ON TOPIC...
I'm not sure I like the idea. It sounds all a little fanfic-y to me which may not be an issue for some, but may be for others (like myself). I really don't like the idea of revisiting Colonial/newly created United States of America AGAIN. It's such a boring place. I love Connor. He's GREAT. So many people disliked him but I never got why. I loved his (somewhat naive) ideological hopes for the world. We all know, that despite all he strove for... America would go on to do very AWFUL things to his tribe and to other tribes of natives. But his (cut) speech about never giving in or conceding that Haytham and the Templars are right is inspiring. I also love Haytham, he's a really charming "villain" who has a much more practical view of the world. After AC1's Templars, AC3's were the most realistic and least mustache-twirling of the series. I just don't really care for the setting much. Not for a GAME. Animated video in vein of DC/WB's DC Universe Animated films? HECK YES. Book or comic book? HECK YES. But a game? Nahhh. I'd much prefer them to make a new setting/time period.

I don't know, I just dislike the time period and feel we've already had SO. MANY. GAMES. set during it -- AC3. ACL, AC4:BF, ACRo. At least when we had a bunch of Ezio games, the setting/cities and the like were all good for the gameplay. And even THAT got tiresome by ACR. :/

I still would like to revisit Connor though but I'd prefer it to be in another format. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of animated AC films. Perfect way to have "further adventures of Connor and Aveline" and stuff like that.

DumbGamerTag94
09-16-2014, 07:11 AM
@Bmark

That's Genius!!!

How don't we know we know you're not working for Ubi right now? ;)
Because they aren't giving me any checks :(

Which they should be ;) I'd be giving them all kinds of material.

Locopells
09-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Assassin's Assemble...

Hell yeah, I'd be up for that!

JustPlainQuirky
09-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Jesus -- people who make snarky comments about stuff like this are just as annoying as any "tumblr feminist" or "sjw"

I mean, between this comment and your signature... it's a bit ridiculous. And this is coming from someone who labels himself both a feminist and doesn't think "social justice warrior" is much of an insult. Ooooh, social justice. How terrible. That said, the whole gamergate thing IS really a clusterf***. The websites connected should have had a more open dialogue with fans instead of pulling some B.S. censorship. I *hate* censorship. They should have (maybe) fired the people associated with the sketchy stuff and been like "well, this is an unfortunate incident. Sorryblahblahapology"

THAT said... most of the people who were in such an OUTRAGE, as far as I am aware, were also itching to find SOMETHING out about Quinn (because she's an outspoken feminist or so I gather... I hadn't heard of her until the controversy) and the way the information was released was pretty awful too. A disgruntled ex started posting information about her. How nice. For all the people on the internet who complained about the Kinect "invading their privacy", they sure didn't bat an eye when HER privacy was invaded. Same thing with the whole recent "fappening" stuff. Look, I'll disagree with anyone who claims "using your eyes = the R word" because if I find a girl attractive, I'm going to check her out just as any girl would do the same for a guy she finds attractive, just as any gay guy would do for a guy he finds attractive, just as any gay girl would do for a girl she finds attractive. <-- looking only becomes an issue when you LEER like a creep methinks. No one wants that. Don't be a creep. But it IS pretty double standardy and hypocritical in many ways.

Whatever. ON TOPIC...
I'm not sure I like the idea. It sounds all a little fanfic-y to me which may not be an issue for some, but may be for others (like myself). I really don't like the idea of revisiting Colonial/newly created United States of America AGAIN. It's such a boring place. I love Connor. He's GREAT. So many people disliked him but I never got why. I loved his (somewhat naive) ideological hopes for the world. We all know, that despite all he strove for... America would go on to do very AWFUL things to his tribe and to other tribes of natives. But his (cut) speech about never giving in or conceding that Haytham and the Templars are right is inspiring. I also love Haytham, he's a really charming "villain" who has a much more practical view of the world. After AC1's Templars, AC3's were the most realistic and least mustache-twirling of the series. I just don't really care for the setting much. Not for a GAME. Animated video in vein of DC/WB's DC Universe Animated films? HECK YES. Book or comic book? HECK YES. But a game? Nahhh. I'd much prefer them to make a new setting/time period.

I don't know, I just dislike the time period and feel we've already had SO. MANY. GAMES. set during it -- AC3. ACL, AC4:BF, ACRo. At least when we had a bunch of Ezio games, the setting/cities and the like were all good for the gameplay. And even THAT got tiresome by ACR. :/

I still would like to revisit Connor though but I'd prefer it to be in another format. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of animated AC films. Perfect way to have "further adventures of Connor and Aveline" and stuff like that.

I hope you know the term Social Justice Warrior was coined as an insult directed at extreme agenda aimers.

(because she's an outspoken feminist or so I gather... I hadn't heard of her until the controversy)

that assumption is why people don't correctly comprehend gamergate

And please don't bring a big paragrah like this into this thread. post it in the BUWYL so it doesn't derail. I'm all for continuing the debate there. But I highly reccomend you take the time yo watch theinternetaristocrat's quinnspiracy videos because you said some things that clearly demonstrates you are not informed of all the facts. I don't mean it in a rude way. Plenty don't.just before you try to make an argument it's best you see all the evidence and exactly what your opposer is claiming.

pacmanate
09-16-2014, 02:18 PM
No thanks

GunnerGalactico
09-16-2014, 04:36 PM
This is a great idea. Not only will we get more insight on Connor's life after the AR and as a mentor, we get to see what became of Aveline as well. It would be a great to close the chapter on both of them.

Kakuzu745
09-16-2014, 05:38 PM
No to Eseosa and Shay's kid.

To be honest I think Connor and Aveline deserve to be on the absolute spotlight being a couple on their own.

Besides that, if we are going to go multiplayer Co-Op in that game I dont want it to be like Unity where you have like some missions, I want it to go full co-op and I think it would be easier to do it (which means a more polished end result) with just two characters.

Eseosa is cool for a DLC...maybe in Rogue or in an eventual Connor & Aveline game.

Namikaze_17
09-17-2014, 01:21 AM
Shay's Daughter should be Fallen Templar that gets accused and hunted by the Order.

She also should be voiced by Dorothy Fahn.