PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II - 3 Templar Lairs DLC for PC

Rado.Lukacs
09-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Hello,

I would like to ask a question about the 3 Templar Lairs that are missing from the standard edition of Assassin's Creed II.
Those are Palazzo Medici in Florence, Santa Maria Dei Frari in Venice and Arsenal Shipyard in Venice.

I am aware that all of these 3 additional locations were included in the Black Edition of the game, Game of the Year Edition and the Deluxe Edition.

I own a standard edition copy, where these locations are not included, and so I am not able to reach 100% synchronization in the game. I wonder if there is a way to access these 3 missions somehow, other than purchasing a Deluxe Edition. My other question is - if I purchased a Deluxe Edition copy, would I be able to install the game using my physical CD copy and then enter the serial number that comes with the Deluxe Edition, so that I can play these 3 missions? (I own a Czech version of the standard edition and I have not yet connected it with my U-play account. The Deluxe Edition available for purchase is an English version. Would it be a problem? I know that you get the whole new game with the Deluxe Edition, but if I wanted to do this sometime in the future without having the virtual copy of the Deluxe Edition and only keeping the serial number from it, would it be possible? It would be a shame if I did not get to use my physical copy anymore.)

It is not something that would greatly influence my experience from the game, but it would be nice if I could reach 100% synchronization and do it legally. (Please, I do not need answers that say that these 3 missions add nothing to the game, etc.)

Thank you for your answers. :)

Locopells
09-16-2014, 12:46 AM
The three lairs are included on the disc of the standard version, they just need unlocking. So yes, you should be able to do that.

Anykeyer
09-16-2014, 07:39 AM
LOL moderator hinting at hacking. Thats something new.
The only legit way is to buy a new copy. There is no upgrade.

Locopells
09-16-2014, 10:57 AM
My point was that they wouldn't need to download anything extra, and would be able to reinstall them on any other system, with the disc he currently has. If read what they say, he's already asking about buying a new copy to unlock them...

Rado.Lukacs
09-16-2014, 08:19 PM
If I got it right, you just need a key with which you will unlock the 3 Templar Lairs and a bonus skin. This key you will obtain by purchasing the Deluxe Edition and it doesn't matter which version of the game you will use it with.

Does the exclusive content get connected to the game registered on my U-play account once I use it? Let's say that I install my Czech standard edition of the game that I have physically on my CD copy, register it after the installation on my U-play account and then enter the key for the exclusive content, which I will possibly obtain with the purchase of the Deluxe Edition, in-game. And some other time when I decide to play the game again and install it anew, will I have to enter the key for the exclusive content once more, or will the game acknowledge that I already own these missions and the bonus skin through its connection with my U-play account? (The registered game stays on the U-play account and cannot be deleted.) Does it work that way?

Also, how do you get the key for the exclusive content that should come with the Deluxe Edition? Will they send it to you by e-mail once you have bought it on Steam?

Thank you very much for your answers. :)

Locopells
09-17-2014, 12:10 AM
You only have to enter a key once - it will be attached to your account forever, along with all extras. Whenever you reinstall Uplay after that, it will list all copies of the games you have, and while you will have to reinstall/download them before playing, you will never need the key again.

Be warned that using multiple keys, will cause the game to be listed multiple times, however each version should use the same installation, so won't take extra space on your PC.

Exclusive content should be unlocked by the Deluxe Edition key, you might be provided with an extra one, but normally the one key is all you need.

Anykeyer
09-17-2014, 08:01 AM
Multiple keys dont always mean multiple copies
More of that here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/919525-2-copies-of-one-game-on-my-account?p=10220189&viewfull=1#post10220189

Locopells
09-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Ah right, thanks for that.

Spikey1989
09-17-2014, 11:19 AM
i did it like this and this was after contact with support who recomended me. i did hover use it in english and first ac2 was already registerd on uplay. i bought the deluxe edition, started the already installed ac2 enterd the deluxe edition key and played the three templair lairs.

/Spikey

suchy2808
09-17-2014, 12:39 PM
I had AC2 standart edition too and next i bought Deluxe - i used deluxe key in the game options and this key unlocked all of Templar Lairs .
But still is a problem with BONUS SKIN - even deluxe key isn't unlocking bonus skin.
So its time to continiue this topic: How to unlock bonus skin?

Rado.Lukacs
09-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Thank you, I think you answered my question.

I have not yet registered any Assassin's Creed II copy on my U-play account, but I will probably do it as I said above - register the Czech standard edition and then unlock the missing DLC missions and the bonus skin with the key from the Deluxe Edition.

Regarding the bonus skin - it seems that there are two versions of the Deluxe Edition and the one that is available for purchase on Steam does not include the bonus skin. More about it in this thread on the Steam forum - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2464265. It means that when I am buying a Deluxe Edition, it will probably be a regular non-Steam version, which includes the bonus skin.

Thank you once again! :)

Locopells
09-18-2014, 12:20 AM
Welcome.

suchy2808
09-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Thank you, I think you answered my question.

I have not yet registered any Assassin's Creed II copy on my U-play account, but I will probably do it as I said above - register the Czech standard edition and then unlock the missing DLC missions and the bonus skin with the key from the Deluxe Edition.

Regarding the bonus skin - it seems that there are two versions of the Deluxe Edition and the one that is available for purchase on Steam does not include the bonus skin. More about it in this thread on the Steam forum - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2464265. It means that when I am buying a Deluxe Edition, it will probably be a regular non-Steam version, which includes the bonus skin.

Thank you once again! :)

Nope, nope, nope - i have bad news for you - i have non-Steam version DE and i don't have bonus skin. Steam version or non-Steam version Deluxe Editions hasn't included Bonus Skin!

Rado.Lukacs
09-24-2014, 02:09 PM
I searched through quite a few forum threads and websites and everywhere people are asking the same questions - it is true, the bonus skin does not come with the Deluxe Edition nor with the Game of the Year Edition. It is only accessible with a key from the Assassin's Creed II 3D mobile game from the Verizon App Store.

However, I am not sure if it still can be bought or if there are any keys which have not yet been used. What do you think? Is it still possible to get hold of such a key and unlock the bonus skin? If so, I would like to buy the key from anyone who has not used it yet, or in case the above-mentioned game is still purchasable, I would be glad to pay to someone for buying the game and sending me the key, because I cannot buy from the Verizon App Store since I am not from the US, nor do I use Verizon. Is anyone who could sell me his/hers key here? Where should I post information about what I am looking for? Do I have a better chance if I start a new thread about this or is there a place where people can see my request and possibly respond?

Thank you for your help. :)