PDA

View Full Version : 9 Ways AC Unity is bringing stealth back - Gamesradar

m4r-k7
09-14-2014, 08:18 PM
A new article on the stealth in AC Unity. Whilst we know most of the information, two new pieces of information has popped up in this article. From the article:

1) " If you escape around a corner, the enemy will come looking for you at your last known position. Pop out somewhere else entirely and keep your hood up and you might slip by. You can manually drop your hood if you feel so inclined, but keeping it on will actively shield Arno’s face from unfriendly eyes. "

So does this mean we will have a hood on/off button? Or is he simply talking about choosing not to wear a hood due to customization?

2)"we see Arno inside Notre Dame in a picturesque slow-motion shot as he leaps from nearly 20 meters above onto his victim"

So now there will be slow motion assassination kills with a kill-cam type style. And am I mad or have we seen this 20 meter kill in any of the trailers?

Heres the article: http://www.gamesradar.com/9-ways-assassins-creed-unity-bringing-stealth-back/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=Owned

lothario-da-be
09-14-2014, 08:19 PM
I hope the hood on/off option is seamless.

m4r-k7
09-14-2014, 08:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/28sZs7s.gif

Hans684
09-14-2014, 08:28 PM
http://www.itsartmag.com/features/itsart/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Assassin’s-Creed-Unity-Paris-Horizon-Trailer-4-750x400.jpg

From the Horizon Trailer.

Namikaze_17
09-14-2014, 08:33 PM
I have come to this Truth that AC will never be stealthy...

Because no matter how good it seems, there will still be people who will Complain it isn't enough.

Or maybe some people just suck..as why they're complaining.
:rolleyes:

lothario-da-be
09-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Cet image est très seamless.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-14-2014, 08:47 PM
The hood on/off button would be way more seamless than having to go into a menu and select not to wear a hood at all as a customization option for the outfit. It sounds more like it's an actual mechanic -- drop the hood when you want. It may play into stealth. So if you're caught doing something with the hood down, pulling it up may make it harder for enemies to realize it's you and vice versa; do something with the hood up, escape, drop the hood and same thing. Orrr... maybe it's mostly aesthetic. It sounds as though it plays some role in stealth but the artcile makes it sound as though wearing the hood always = stealthy while no hood = less stealthy. That seems silly as it gives no benefit to going hoodless and would thus make it, in the end, purely for those who want the aesthetic and are okay with a slight drop in stealth.

Hood on/off button (or option in a quick menu) = SEAMLESS
No hood customization option = NOT SEAMLESS!!!!

SixKeys
09-14-2014, 09:05 PM
YES! Hood on/off option! :D

pacmanate
09-14-2014, 09:21 PM
I dont think hood off and on is a button. I posted a thread of the control scheme here a month ago and that wasnt on there.

SixKeys
09-14-2014, 09:24 PM
I dont think hood off and on is a button. I posted a thread of the control scheme here a month ago and that wasnt on there.

Well, they changed the high ground feature from automatic to a button since E3, so who knows?

Megas_Doux
09-14-2014, 09:27 PM
I prefer the option in the quick menu over an actual button, but good news still!!!!

pacmanate
09-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Well, they changed the high ground feature from automatic to a button since E3, so who knows?

Nah, look: "You can manually drop your hood if you feel so inclined"

This just means you can do it, manually means you have control. This is just saying you can have no hood equipped if you wish in customization. It doesn't you can put the hood up or down. "Dropping" means taking away, as in removing and taking away the hood completely.

You just need to read it properly to understand what it is saying.

ACfan443
09-14-2014, 09:29 PM

Did they actually change it or was always mapped to a button but we assumed it was automatic?

I-Like-Pie45
09-14-2014, 09:32 PM
alex amancio has hairy arms

ze_topazio
09-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Now that they gave us crouching is time to campaign for crawling.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-14-2014, 10:11 PM

Because no matter how good it seems, there will still be people who will Complain it isn't enough.

yeah sadly that's 100 percent true. people complained that they didn't like Skyrim because choosing what to do first was overwhelming lol. people be stupid

SixKeys
09-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Did they actually change it or was always mapped to a button but we assumed it was automatic?

Amancio confirmed recently that it used to be automatic but they changed it.

And I don't really care if the hood on/off toggle is mapped to a button or not, just as long as the option to take it off is in the game at all. :)

JustPlainQuirky
09-14-2014, 11:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/28sZs7s.gif

My body wasn't ready for that gif.

LoyalACFan
09-15-2014, 04:34 AM

It wasn't the full scheme though was it? The left side of the controller was cut out of the picture. So it could be mapped to L3 (which makes sense because I'm pretty sure it just re-centers the camera in the earlier games which is a useless feature).

Ureh
09-15-2014, 04:50 AM
That slow-mo cinematic assassination stuff could be cool. I really like the shot in the gamescom demo, when Arno stabs Sivert (you could even see his pinkie inside the mouth, the surprised look on Sivert's face, the blood squirting out, gurgling sounds as his head slumps lifelessly). So if some of the important air assassinations have the same amount of details then I'm all for it!

LoyalACFan
09-15-2014, 04:58 AM
That slow-mo cinematic assassination stuff could be cool. I really like the shot in the gamescom demo, when Arno stabs Sivert (you could even see his pinkie inside the mouth, the surprised look on Sivert's face, the blood squirting out, gurgling sounds as his head slumps lifelessly). So if some of the important air assassinations have the same amount of details then I'm all for it!

I really doubt standard assassinations will have the same level of detail as the confessional one, considering it was a scripted cutscene. It sounds pretty much like AC2's action camera TBH. You can toggle how often you want the camera to zoom in dynamically on your kills in that game. It was actually really neat IMO. Each assassination move had a few different camera angles they could snap to; the high-profile one where Ezio kicks their knee and stabs them downward in the neck, for instance, had one where the camera would zoom in on his hand as he flung it skyward and extended the hidden blade, then quickly zoomed in on the stab wound. And another one that showed the kill from directly above and zoomed in at the moment of impact.

Farlander1991
09-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Honestly, this is a ******** article. It blends the facts from the devs with the author's hopes and what he thinks is going to happen based on what was seen.

Fatal-Feit
09-15-2014, 08:04 AM

I don't blame people. AC have always had pseudo stealth.

jeordievera
09-15-2014, 09:12 AM
That's not a very imformative article tho, they just describe what they've seen in the demos and trailers so no slow motion assassination or hood down button confirmed.
Would be cool but what I think is with all the customization we can choose whether to wear a hood or not.

Sushiglutton
09-15-2014, 10:51 AM
AC4 had more and better stealth than any of the other games....

Farlander1991
09-15-2014, 11:03 AM

Mandatory self-plug that proves the 'more' part (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/898522-Assassin-s-Creed-series-stealth-viability-sheet) :D

Sushiglutton
09-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Mandatory self-plug that proves the 'more' part (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/898522-Assassin-s-Creed-series-stealth-viability-sheet) :D

Ha, yes that is an awesome analysis and why I said what I did! I should have given my sources :)!

m4r-k7
09-15-2014, 12:13 PM

Yup! The only thing that destroyed it was the incredibly large amount of eves dropping missions which were the most boring missions..ever. Whenever they came up I was literally upset lol

dimbismp
09-15-2014, 03:05 PM
I really doubt standard assassinations will have the same level of detail as the confessional one, considering it was a scripted cutscene. It sounds pretty much like AC2's action camera TBH. You can toggle how often you want the camera to zoom in dynamically on your kills in that game. It was actually really neat IMO. Each assassination move had a few different camera angles they could snap to; the high-profile one where Ezio kicks their knee and stabs them downward in the neck, for instance, had one where the camera would zoom in on his hand as he flung it skyward and extended the hidden blade, then quickly zoomed in on the stab wound. And another one that showed the kill from directly above and zoomed in at the moment of impact.
Actually,this was a "special" assassination(i mean Sivert's).At the start of the demo,a panel appears,which shows how many possible entrances there are etc AND how many special kills are there